So frustrated with this offer

beldred

DIS Veteran
Ugh, so frustrated. Just found out today that Fidelity has been sitting on our contract for a week. šŸ˜” I emailed the signed docs back to them on 9-12 (last Monday). I sent it to the contracts person I was supposed to and I copied the listing agent. Well, apparently the contracts person (whatever they are called) left the company. I find this out after I called the agent today because I'd had zero updates for a week. The agent said the other woman had left and so no one was aware I sent the contracts in. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø When I told her I had copied her on it, she sputtered and then came out with she "must not have noticed it". Seriously?? Then her excuse became that the seller hadn't sent their copies yet. SUUUUUURE. I'm sure I was clearly annoyed when we hung up after that. Lo and behold - she calls me back 15 mins later saying the seller's contracts had arrived (yeah, probably a freaking week ago) and our file had been reassigned to a new whatever person. And I'm paying an admin fee for this bullcrap? If I hadn't called for an update, would they EVER have done anything with my contracts? AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

We kinda rushed into this offer so we could try to clear ROFR before the new fiscal year. Now it's close enough they can just let it sit until then, right?
I'm super second guessing this whole thing now. Would you cancel before the 10 days are up and start over? Or keep dealing with these slackers? There's definitely other contracts out there that would work for us at different companies. This would be our first DVC so I don't know... are they all like this?

You should demand that the admin fee be waived. Ridiculous that they charge that fee in the first place and they canā€™t even properly administer these things properly.

With Fidelity you need to be on top of them, make sure all of your info is correct and make sure you monitor the points balances if you pass ROFR and it gets transferred to you. Way too many bad news stories of this broker recently.

I can totally understand your frustration with the above. Seeing all these contracts pass within 3 weeks lately and yet I'm still waiting on a decision from a contract sent in on 8/1. I followed up with them last Thursday and got a response claiming they reached out to Disney and used the Disney is busy excuse and the reason for the lengthy delay. I'm guessing mine fell through the cracks like yours did and they don't have any checks and balances set up. They should have a report listing what all was sent to Disney and then follow up if they haven't heard within 30 days.

You should demand that the admin fee be waived. Ridiculous that they charge that fee in the first place and they canā€™t even properly administer these things properly.

With Fidelity you need to be on top of them, make sure all of your info is correct and make sure you monitor the points balances if you pass ROFR and it gets transferred to you. Way too many bad news stories of this broker recently.
But, but, they've got cheap contracts...:rolleyes:

But, but, they've got cheap contracts...:rolleyes:
I mean, I did go with them because the contract was cheap. LOL But once you add in all the fees and garbage, since it's a small contract, it brings it up pretty closely to the other brokers. If there's a next time, I'll shop with someone else.

I'd cancel. Was looking at a small contract with them cause you know, great price. At the end of the day, the agent was rude and I didn't wanna deal with all this you're mentioning. I had a great experience with the board sponsor and now really look at contracts from them and a couple others. Would rather pay a little more and not have to deal with this.

Oh and the admin fee? Please.

I'm in the same boat. They typed the seller's name wrong, Disney ROFR lady caught it, they sat on it for 5 days before telling me (only after I called) and now it's 40 days since sent in. I asked for a refund of some of the admin fee and was ignored. Going to reach out to the title company tomorrow and see if they have any information. It's the wonderful Cammie at Mason title, so hopeful.

I can totally understand your frustration with the above. Seeing all these contracts pass within 3 weeks lately and yet I'm still waiting on a decision from a contract sent in on 8/1. I followed up with them last Thursday and got a response claiming they reached out to Disney and used the Disney is busy excuse and the reason for the lengthy delay. I'm guessing mine fell through the cracks like yours did and they don't have any checks and balances set up. They should have a report listing what all was sent to Disney and then follow up if they haven't heard within 30 days.
Iā€™d contact the title company which is holding your down payment & ask for verification that the contract was sent to ROFR on 8/1/22 & that they have not heard back from ROFR 50 days later.
The brokerage has a few priors for ā€˜forgettingā€™ to mention that a listing is in fact a delayed closing scenario, but it could be that they didnā€™t actually send it to ROFR on 8/1, or maybe some other snafu, but unless ROFR has really slowed down lately 50 days seems way too long.

I wonder if we had the same contract coordinator and that she left. She made a boo boo on mine supposedly by not submitting complete docs to Disney and she didnā€™t even follow up until I inquired twice at 30 days and then again at 45 days. Still didnā€™t get an update by 56 days so reached out to my broker agent who immediately looked into it and was honest about what happened. My agent offered to waive my admin fee and ROFR lady expedited and waived my contract like the next day so I wasnā€™t too upset. Iā€™m just glad Iā€™m only waiting for Disney to load the membership now. Iā€™d probably still use Fidelity again due to their prices. Even with admin fee they tend to be cheaper than most of the other listings on popular sites.

Iā€™d probably still use Fidelity again due to their prices. Even with admin fee they tend to be cheaper than most of the other listings on popular sites.
I've had 3 resales from 3 different brokers (2 of which I can't mention here) all at great prices. I think it's best to not stick with one broker and use a listings aggregator to compare and find contracts worth bidding. After reading story after story here about Fidelity, I keep telling myself no contract they have is worth it. Although I say this and have not yet filtered out Fidelity from my search results!

Despite the recent horror stories, I ended up going through them for the "perfect" contract. I went through everything with a fine-tooth comb multiple times due to all the issues reported. My coordinator wasn't very on-top-of things (let me know about passing ROFR long after I received my closing documents), and I found a lot of typos in the closing documents themselves. Not sure if that last point is on the broker or the title company, to be fair. The final hurdles I'm waiting on are seeing the contracts in my account (fear of an undisclosed delayed closing) and all points listed are actually present. :faint:

I've had 3 resales from 3 different brokers (2 of which I can't mention here) all at great prices. I think it's best to not stick with one broker and use a listings aggregator to compare and find contracts worth bidding. After reading story after story here about Fidelity, I keep telling myself no contract they have is worth it. Although I say this and have not yet filtered out Fidelity from my search results!
LOL thatā€™s like me using the listing aggregator website every day still even though Iā€™m not allowed to buy anymore points. šŸ¤£ Need to save up for VDH!! Anyway I worked with 5 different brokers so far and while Fidelity did make mistakes, I do appreciate my brokerā€™s honesty with me about what happen and willingness to make things right. There is another broker out there that I bid on a contract (didnā€™t get it) and that experience didnā€™t sit well with me because she said I couldnā€™t choose my Escrow company even if I was paying. That boggled me a bit. She also supposedly presented my bid to the seller but then tell me oops wrong contract and she already has a buyer for the one I wanted. I mean, talk about red flags.

LOL thatā€™s like me using the listing aggregator website every day still even though Iā€™m not allowed to buy anymore points. šŸ¤£ Need to save up for VDH!! Anyway I worked with 5 different brokers so far and while Fidelity did make mistakes, I do appreciate my brokerā€™s honesty with me about what happen and willingness to make things right. There is another broker out there that I bid on a contract (didnā€™t get it) and that experience didnā€™t sit well with me because she said I couldnā€™t choose my Escrow company even if I was paying. That boggled me a bit. She also supposedly presented my bid to the seller but then tell me oops wrong contract and she already has a buyer for the one I wanted. I mean, talk about red flags.
If it's one that can't be listed here, then I think I know who you're talking about because she wouldn't let me choose Cammy/Mason because they weren't on her approved list which made me question even going forward (how on Earth is Mason not on any kind of approved list!).

If it's one that can't be listed here, then I think I know who you're talking about because she wouldn't let me choose Cammy/Mason because they weren't on her approved list which made me question even going forward (how on Earth is Mason not on any kind of approved list!).
EXACTLY my thought. Everyone else lets me use Mason and every other broker raves about them so thatā€™s gonna be my dealbreaker.

Iā€™d contact the title company which is holding your down payment & ask for verification that the contract was sent to ROFR on 8/1/22 & that they have not heard back from ROFR 50 days later.
The brokerage has a few priors for ā€˜forgettingā€™ to mention that a listing is in fact a delayed closing scenario, but it could be that they didnā€™t actually send it to ROFR on 8/1, or maybe some other snafu, but unless ROFR has really slowed down lately 50 days seems way too long.
Thank you for the suggestion. If I don't hear back by noon tomorrow CT, then I will reach out to the title company. I saw a lot of passes late today so hopefully mine was one of those and I'll hear in the morning.

Sorry information is out there that you need to be on top of things for Fidelity. You can have issues with anyone though.

In the end follow up daily until its in ROFR with confirmation. Then check the ROFR thread here to see how quickly its coming through and then follow up going in to that specific date.

Didn't see it is not an option when you follow up because you will see they don't respond to you.

Sucks but people need to be a proactive not a reactive buyer with DVC in general.

I used Mason/Fidelity and I would do it again. Communication was a joke, but I just need them to get it done. I think it caused a little delay, but what difference does a couple weeks make in this overall discussion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter