So frustrated with this offer

Sure, if you buying a 50 point contract, which I wouldn't buy anyway. I'd just rent 50 points. This is the mathematically worst possible way to get DVC between the closing, higher $/pt. Plus that's in a system where renting is right on the line with being mathematically better than perfect purchase, which a direct 50 points contract isn't.

Or you can look at it the other way, that a 3000$ spread matters even more on a 50 point contract, which is already a poor value.
My point still stands either way. Even if it's a slightly bigger contract, you are usually saving a small percentage compared to the entire cost of the contract. Everyone is different as far as financial means and patience, but I would personally still pay quite a bit more to not have to deal with resale.

My point still stands either way. Even if it's a slightly bigger contract, you are usually saving a small percentage compared to the entire cost of the contract. Everyone is different as far as financial means and patience, but I would personally still pay quite a bit more to not have to deal with resale.
And I'm willing to wait a few months to save thousands because I value money to much to knowingly waste it. The cost of instant gratifiaction is just too high for me. But, to each his own.

If you use Fidelity, you have to go in with the expectation that you will receive zero help and be your own advocate the whole way. Followup with them constantly, pester them, whatever it takes... you have to take the lead on it. It shouldn't be like this, but that is the expectation you have to have working with them.

And I'm willing to wait a few months to save thousands because I value money to much to knowingly waste it. The cost of instant gratifiaction is just too high for me. But, to each his own.
There's much more than just instant gratification. Direct gets you a lack of resale restrictions at RIV and possibly future resorts, DVC perks, and, obviously, based on this thread, there's the lack of worry about having deal with a poor broker.

Just depends on how much that stuff is worth to you. But to me, this entire thread is one example of why direct is better.

If you use Fidelity, you have to go in with the expectation that you will receive zero help and be your own advocate the whole way. Followup with them constantly, pester them, whatever it takes... you have to take the lead on it. It shouldn't be like this, but that is the expectation you have to have working with them.
I’ve had a few offers with Fidelity, and they seem very decentralized. The experience has been different with each Fidelity broker I’ve worked with. No bad experiences really so far, though they definitely push some of the commission onto the buyer via a fee. Even with that fee though, I think their pricing is very competitive.

I’ve had a few offers with Fidelity, and they seem very decentralized. The experience has been different with each Fidelity broker I’ve worked with. No bad experiences really so far, though they definitely push some of the commission onto the buyer via a fee. Even with that fee though, I think their pricing is very competitive.
Their pricing is very competitive which is their one and only advantage they have. There's nothing wrong with using them, you just have to go into the experience with low expectations of their service levels and that you might very well have to be the driving force behind getting the deal done. If the particular broker who is helping you at Fidelity steps up and over delivers on those low expectations, that's great, I just wouldn't bank on that going into it.

Followup with them constantly, pester them, whatever it takes... you have to take the lead on it. It shouldn't be like this, but that is the expectation you have to have working with them.
Sadly I'm finding this to be true with way too many processes these days. If a task involves any large organization the chances of something not being done correctly seems to have risen sharply in the 2020s.

Yeah. I know some people swear by resale, and my single resale contract went through with no hiccups, but I just don't get the fascination with resale.

Assuming you're buying a small contract, which most of us do, I just don't see the advantage of buying resale. You're dealing with brokers with varying levels of competence, and waiting, and stressing about ROFR, and waiting some more, all to save a couple of 1000 dollars (at most) over direct. And all for a product that is at least in some ways inferior to buying direct.

It just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Well, not everyone can afford to drop $40k on a luxury purchase.

We're buying resale and we're buying small because even though it cost a little more per point that way, it allows us to spend only $9k which is a reasonable amount that doesn't affect our daily lifestyle at all or clear out our cash savings. In a couple years, we hope to add on with a couple of small direct purchases at member prices once our foot is in the door and ultimately get to 150 direct with our 50 resale which will put us at 200, the amount we actually want, and unrestricted points with a blue card. LOL

I literally just was working with a fidelity broker who was moving slower than I would like and not forwarding the offer. So I changed to a different broker, found a better contract, they were $200 cheaper on closing , allowed me to put more on my credit (yay for more points) and literally from offer to acceptance was 10hours. They communicated with the seller within an hour of my initial offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter