September 8, 2014 - Disney Wonder

Hope everyone is doing well and they enjoyed Halloween. I posted a pic on Facebook of my Halloween costume. Just so everyone is aware, I will set up a FE group (or two, or three) in the New Year. I plan to keep it under 20 for each group. I won't have many rules, as we are all adults and can think for ourselves LOL. I plan on doing 1 gift per family, but people are more than welcome to do a gift for each individual person in a family unit. We are flying 1 way, so we want to keep our luggage to a minimum. There is no cost limit, but obviously don't spend a small fortune. I plan on making my FE gift because I know it went over really well at our Anniversary party and it is Disney themed. I am not crafty at all, but found something that I can easily do and it looks great. People don't have to make it though, they can buy a gift...my motto about the gift...make sure it is something you would want to get as a gift. For our last FE, I made Disney themed drink coasters. I will be reusing my FE hanger, which i made for under $5 and found instructions online.

Most of our conversations are going on on Facebook because you can talk about whatever you want and post pictures easily. If you aren't on our group, feel free to email me and I will add you stefanihd at gmail dot com

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Stefani

gigi2kids said:
This will be our first cruise ever, so excited!!! Looking forward to talking to all of you!!1:cutie:

This years Disney Pacific Coast Vancouver to LA was our first cruise ever. It was truly the nest vacation we have ever had. Nobody does it like Disney! We are spoiled now and won't even try another cruise line

This years Disney Pacific Coast Vancouver to LA was our first cruise ever. It was truly the nest vacation we have ever had. Nobody does it like Disney! We are spoiled now and won't even try another cruise line

If we could afford it, we would only do Disney, but we like cruising too much and want to do more cruises, so we go with other lines. Our Alaska cruise is with Celebrity...and one of the main reasons is because they have a covered pool, which is where Disney is lacking (for Alaskan cruise that is). I like Princess because as a travel agent, they give me some great perks, and when you cruise on a budget, perks are nice. We love our Disney cruises though and can't wait for this one.

Stefani

We just booked this. This will be our third cruise with Disney (we only do Disney cruises lol). Our original plan was to sail on all 4 ships, but now we have heard that the magic will have some great upgrades after it's refit, so we MUST do the Magic again. It's a vicious cycle, but what's a fella to do? LOL.

Our plan is to head up to Disneyland for a few days after the ship docks in San Diego. Has anybody done this before? If so, what is the best way to travel up there? I don't want to rent a car. I wish they had the magical express there. Disney spoils us.

We were never interested in cruising, then we found out about Castaway Cay and needed to get there. The only way was with DCL, so, we had to do what we had to do. Now we are hooked, and like you, will never try another cruise line.

We just booked this. This will be our third cruise with Disney (we only do Disney cruises lol). Our original plan was to sail on all 4 ships, but now we have heard that the magic will have some great upgrades after it's refit, so we MUST do the Magic again. It's a vicious cycle, but what's a fella to do? LOL.

Our plan is to head up to Disneyland for a few days after the ship docks in San Diego. Has anybody done this before? If so, what is the best way to travel up there? I don't want to rent a car. I wish they had the magical express there. Disney spoils us.

We will be going to Disneyland after the cruise...just starting the process on researching our options.

Join us on the facebook group if you want. email me at stefanihd at gmail dot com and I can invite you to the group.

We do more than just Disney...we love Celebrity and Princess too...sometimes you have to do the other cruiselines to get more cruises in. Our Alaska Cruise next year is with Celebrity...for around $700/person...can't do that with Disney unfortunately LOL. Disney is my fav though and when I can get a Disney cruise in, then we do it. This will be my 4th Disney cruise.

Welcome to the group.

Stefani

We will be going to Disneyland after the cruise...just starting the process on researching our options.

Join us on the facebook group if you want. email me at stefanihd at gmail dot com and I can invite you to the group.

We do more than just Disney...we love Celebrity and Princess too...sometimes you have to do the other cruiselines to get more cruises in. Our Alaska Cruise next year is with Celebrity...for around $700/person...can't do that with Disney unfortunately LOL. Disney is my fav though and when I can get a Disney cruise in, then we do it. This will be my 4th Disney cruise.

Welcome to the group.

Stefani
Hi! We will be going to Disneyland for the weekend after the cruise too!! How about someone chartering a bus? We would join the group for sure, what do you think? Aloha, Karen and Ron:thumbsup2

Hi! We will be going to Disneyland for the weekend after the cruise too!! How about someone chartering a bus? We would join the group for sure, what do you think? Aloha, Karen and Ron:thumbsup2

That is what I am looking into...I asked about this in a previous post and there was some interest. In the new year I will contact some shuttle companies and get some pricing.

Stefani

Hi Stefani :)

Unfortunately I don't have a facebook account.

I did find a shuttle service from San Diego to Anaheim, but they only pick up at a few locations within San Diego and I'm not sure how far the pier is from the pick up spot. It was quoting "from" $43.99 per person one way.

I would definitely be interested in any group endeavor.

Hi Stefani :)

Unfortunately I don't have a facebook account.

I did find a shuttle service from San Diego to Anaheim, but they only pick up at a few locations within San Diego and I'm not sure how far the pier is from the pick up spot. It was quoting "from" $43.99 per person one way.

I would definitely be interested in any group endeavor.

I will keep everyone posted. I did see that one for $43.99...price is ok, but there was something that I didn't like about...will look at it again.

Hi Everyone!!!
We'll be joining you on this cruise on our B2B through the Panama Canal :) This is the first time we'll be sailing with Disney but we have cruised 9 times before (Royal Caribbean and Celebrity). Our 4 year old is looking forward to seeing and meeting all the Princesses so we're really excited!! :cool1:

Hi Everyone!!!
We'll be joining you on this cruise on our B2B through the Panama Canal :) This is the first time we'll be sailing with Disney but we have cruised 9 times before (Royal Caribbean and Celebrity). Our 4 year old is looking forward to seeing and meeting all the Princesses so we're really excited!! :cool1:

If you use facebook, join us there...email me at stefanihd at gmail dot com and i will invite you.

Stefani

Hi Everyone!!!

We are looking forward to meeting you too! We are grandparents sailing just us two, so we will enjoy seeing the characters thru the eyes of your 4 year old!! Aloha, Karen and Ron:grouphug:

The cruise is just over 8 months away now!

I have spent a few months browsing to check prices and will probably book airfare in the next few days.

After flights the next concern will be hotels before and after the cruise. I think we will stay 2 nights in Vancouver, have pretty much decided the Delta suites will fit our needs and budget. Any suggestions for can't-miss sightseeing on Saturday afternoon and Sunday?

We will then likely spend 3 nights in San Diego. Any recommendations for hotels there?

MIL mentioned she would like to see Mexico. I know it is less than an hour's drive from San Diego to Tijuana. Is it worth it? I was assuming something like a bus tour would be the best way to go?

I have spent a few months browsing to check prices and will probably book airfare in the next few days.

After flights the next concern will be hotels before and after the cruise. I think we will stay 2 nights in Vancouver, have pretty much decided the Delta suites will fit our needs and budget. Any suggestions for can't-miss sightseeing on Saturday afternoon and Sunday?

We will then likely spend 3 nights in San Diego. Any recommendations for hotels there?

MIL mentioned she would like to see Mexico. I know it is less than an hour's drive from San Diego to Tijuana. Is it worth it? I was assuming something like a bus tour would be the best way to go?

For Vancouver, I would wander Gastown, check out Granville Island and if you can afford it, head to Grouse Mountain. There is a hop on/hop off type bus from the ship. Also Stanley Park is a great place to check out too.

San Diego is a great place to check out...we spent three days there pre cruise in 2011. Check out Old Town. Check out trip advisor for a hotel, we stayed in a hotel there that wasn't expensive. Very basic, but it was cheap. Not sure if that is what you are looking for.

Are you on our facebook group? If not, check it out....just email me.

Stefani

Welcome! You will love San Diego, if possible stay in the Gals Lamp District!
Re: Mexico, don't waste your time. It is yucky and quite sketchy these days.

Welcome! You will love San Diego, if possible stay in the Gals Lamp District!
Re: Mexico, don't waste your time. It is yucky and quite sketchy these days.

Thanks for the tip on Mexico. Will discuss w/ MIL - she really wanted to go, but looking into it I see waits of ~3hrs to cross the border. With limited time for that part of the trip I don't know if that's worth it.

Also wanted to let everyone know - I got a great deal on rooms at Delta Suites Vancouver. Looked up the rates on several sites - expedia, hotels.com, priceline, etc. - then called the hotel directly and asked them to match or beat the best rate. They had to find the same online rate I was looking at, but then beat it by 10%!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter