Scratching my head over Touring Plans

The MK opened at 8 AM on the same Monday/Tuesday last year, so looking at Space's waits on the same date last year is kind of iffy. The wait was 10 minutes through 9 AM, then jumped. At 9:14 AM it was already 37 minutes, for example.
So if I'm understanding this correctly, the software is either ignoring the current year hours or relying on prior experience to guess that the hours are going to change?

So if I'm understanding this correctly, the software is either ignoring the current year hours or relying on prior experience to guess that the hours are going to change?

Not exactly. I'm saying that we could start by looking at the same date last year to see whether the "actual wait time" estimates are reasonable. But the same date last year had earlier park openings, so a direct comparison isn't possible.

The software knows the current year hours. We have no reason to think the park hours are going to change.

Last edited:
I'm looking in Lines and seeing that it doesn't have FP+ Availability listed for several days and parks in the near future. But it does still give a time for the next available FP on the wait times pages. @lentesta is that because of a problem on Disney's end or is that something you're working to fix? Also, will Joy and Sadness and the Phasma March be added as attractions to plug into the plans? Thank you for a great product! TP saves us time and hassle.

@lentesta is there a way to gift a touring plans subscription? I'd like to gift one to a friend. I am a current subscriber.

Not directly, but send me a note with your friend's email and we'll figure it out. It's one of the ideas we're considering. Thanks for thinking of us.

I'm looking in Lines and seeing that it doesn't have FP+ Availability listed for several days and parks in the near future. But it does still give a time for the next available FP on the wait times pages. @lentesta is that because of a problem on Disney's end or is that something you're working to fix? Also, will Joy and Sadness and the Phasma March be added as attractions to plug into the plans? Thank you for a great product! TP saves us time and hassle.

Ah, let me know those FP+ days, please. I know we're working on that, and I'll take a look to see what's up. When the screens change, we have to update our instructions to the data entry people, and I know we're working on that.

You should be able to add Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away now, for as far out as we have show times - about a month right now. I did a test plan for tomorrow and it shows up. I'll check on Joy and Sadness.

Last edited:
Not directly, but send me a note with your friend's email and we'll figure it out. It's one of the ideas we're considering. Thanks for thinking of us.
Started a conversation! Let me know if there is another way I need to contact you. Thanks!

I have been using TP and Lines for years. My last two trips, in January and the first week of April, the SB line estimator was badly off every single day at MK. It seems that TP could adjust their formulas to account for what are obviously larger crowds in MK every single day, but no adjustment has been made.

I get that this is temporary - until Epcot rides open again - but it was frustrating to see the Lines app fail me every single day at MK during those two trips.

I have been using TP and Lines for years. My last two trips, in January and the first week of April, the SB line estimator was badly off every single day at MK. It seems that TP could adjust their formulas to account for what are obviously larger crowds in MK every single day, but no adjustment has been made.

I get that this is temporary - until Epcot rides open again - but it was frustrating to see the Lines app fail me every single day at MK during those two trips.

I'm sorry to hear that, @BuckeyeBama. Send me an email with any details you remember, such as the date you visited, how long the posted wait was, and how long you actually waited. I'll follow up with our stats team to see what was going on: len at touringplans. Thanks very much.

Ah, let me know those FP+ days, please. I know we're working on that, and I'll take a look to see what's up. When the screens change, we have to update our instructions to the data entry people, and I know we're working on that.

You should be able to add Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away now, for as far out as we have show times - about a month right now. I did a test plan for tomorrow and it shows up. I'll check on Joy and Sadness.

The FP availability issue was for AK and MK today. The MK page did show FP availability for tomorrow but then showed the error that there was no info for for several days after that. DHS was showing the availability for this week. I didn't look beyond that.

I did see SWAGFFA was added. Thank you. I was looking for the Phasma March and the fireworks but maybe you haven't included them because they don't have official times yet (although several shows that are selectable don't have official times yet either).

FP+ still listing no data for all parks...assuming this is just getting fixed with the new system.

FP+ still listing no data for all parks...assuming this is just getting fixed with the new system.

Yes, it is. It'll be about a week, hopefully. The developer who was working on it just went out on paternity leave a month earlier than expected (but everyone's doing well!). We're working on covering the open projects now. Thanks for your patience.

Sorry to hijack the thread

@lentesta, for the Lines app, is push notifications something on the horizon? Being the lazy person I am, it would be cool to just get a notification for the next attraction on my plan on my smart watch instead to having to pull my phone out after every attraction :)

Or maybe of the app can auto send out iCalendar invites (one invite per attraction) via email so that I can accept the "meeting" so I can get notification that way

Sorry to hijack the thread

@lentesta, for the Lines app, is push notifications something on the horizon? Being the lazy person I am, it would be cool to just get a notification for the next attraction on my plan on my smart watch instead to having to pull my phone out after every attraction :)

Or maybe of the app can auto send out iCalendar invites (one invite per attraction) via email so that I can accept the "meeting" so I can get notification that way

Yes, some sort of push notification is near the top of our to-do list for Lines. We'd use it primarily for FastPass and restaurant reminders. I'll note your request for "next attraction in plan" too. Thanks for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter