Saturday arrival, what to do?

twinmom1292

Mouseketeer
Arriving Saturday around 1:00 staying at CSR. family of 7 - where should we go? Don't want to go to the park that is most crowded.

thanks, Beth

We always go through the same thing on our first day - we're tired, but excited to start doing things. Unless time is tight, you may want to do Downtown Disney (Disney Quest is our first day tradition), or do Animal Kingdom, which can easily be seen in an afternoon.

You could also do a pool afternoon then head to a park for dinner and fireworks.

Whatever you decide, enjoy!

Melissa

We usually arrive on Saturday. We do our grocery shopping first (DVC). Usually Spectro & fireworks are only offered that night at MK, so we go there just for that.

There are a few things that we may do on our arrival day. Sometimes we head straight to the outlets - Belz or others - to buy some souvenirs and Disney clothes before we hit the full-priced parks. In fact, a couple of trips we stopped at Belz before we even checked in at the hotel.

Other trips, we've spent the first evening at Downtown Disney Marketplace. We usually get dinner at Wolfgang Puck's Express and/or Gourmet Pantry and wander through the shops. Its a great way to ease into the Disney atmosphere.

Last trip, we stayed at the Days Suites Old Town and I think we spent the first nite next door at Old Town. Our hotel deal included ride tickets so we walked over and did some rides and browsed the shops there.

I'll respectfully disagree with MJwritestuff regarding Animal Kingdom. There is far too much to see and do there to enter the park so late in the day. On the other hand, if you have an annual pass or some sort of length of stay pass, then going into a park for a few hours is reasonable if you have the energy. I'd suggest strolling through EPCOT World Showcase which is beautiful at nite and not as hectic as some other parks.

Steve

If you have the ultimate park hopper....yes, go to a park.
If you are using 5 or 6 day hopper passes and don't want to waste a day of the hopper for just half a days fun...then hit Downtown Disney.

What month/day are you arriving? Check the schedule.

But if you are going to the parks......
Check the schedule...if that day is the only showing of Spectro and Wishes at MK....then I suggest to just face the crowds and hit that.
Also, depending on the schedule, you can either hit MGM and stay for Fantasmic. Or Epcot.

We arrived about the same time on a Sat. Headed for MGM and stayed for Fantasmic. And since we were staying at the Poly....we got back to the Poly in enough time to hop the monorail to MK and saw Spectro!! And also fit in a ride on Space Mtn:teeth:

If you have a UPH for your trip or AP Epcot is a great place to start a trip. You can have a great dinner in one of the countries and see illuminations. We usually get park hoppers and don't want to waste a day so we go to DTD for dinner, usually Rainforest Cafe and then we shop. A great way to get in the Disney mood!

I second what figment95 said. Epcot is usually open latest of the parks, and to me there's nothing like starting the trip with dinner in Epcot, then going up to the balcony in Japan (or wherever your favorite Illuminations viewing spot is) and watching Illuminations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter