Runny Egg Yolks

I prefer scrambled eggs, prepared well done, with a sprinkling of cheese on top.

With some bacon and potatoes on the side and a biscuit or two . . .

Now I need some breakfast!

I love my fried eggs 'over medium.' The white has to be cooked, but the yolk should be runny- and I love an egg on ramen. If the white isn't cooked enough, I splash the broth over it until it is, but the yolk stays runny/jammy (although jammy is a word I hate in connection with egg yolk- hearing it makes me wanna :crazy2: even though I like my eggs this way!)

Ummmm, safe to say OP wouldn't care for a favorite of ours when having Chinese or Japanese hot pots. We love to beat an egg in a rice bowl and dip meats and some veggies fresh out of the simmering broth.

I'm with smokeyblue on the soft-boiled egg with ramen. Better still if it happens to be soy-marinated. YUMlicious.

When I was young, that's pretty much the only way I'd eat eggs. We called them "dippy yolk eggs." They kind of gross me out now though. I haven't had them in many years (and the only way I like them now is deviled).

Once when my daughter was pretty small, we went to a restaurant for breakfast and she announced that she wanted "dippy yolk eggs" for her breakfast. The waiter was very confused until I said "she means over easy" to which he replied, "Wow! In the 3 years that I've worked here, I don't think I've had a kid order eggs anyway way other than scrambled!"

Aye for me - over easy, preferably. It’s hard to get a sunny side egg cooked right. By the time the white is set, the yolk is usually over.

Absolutely! Dipping your toast or bacon into runny egg yoke is delicious. Yum!
And potatoes and pancakes.
I love my fried eggs 'over medium.' The white has to be cooked, but the yolk should be runny- and I love an egg on ramen. If the white isn't cooked enough, I splash the broth over it until it is, but the yolk stays runny/jammy (although jammy is a word I hate in connection with egg yolk- hearing it makes me wanna :crazy2: even though I like my eggs this way!)
Exactly this. Soft enough to dip but thick enough it’s not all over the place. Whites absolutely must be cooked through.

My DH the eggs must be dead, even if that means almost burned. If there’s even the barest hint of dark yellow he’ll send them back.

My mom would dip her toast in the runny yolks and throw the whites away.

Fully cooked for me. Eggs is also one of those things it is recommended be cooked to a certain temperature to avoid food borne illnesses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter