Flower.jpg

Hat.jpg

Horse.jpg

Plane.jpg

Rattle.jpg

Shoe.jpg

Train.jpg

Frog.jpg

Numbers...these are fun in that you can cut them into squares or you can cut out around the "Mickey Head", laminate and clip together with a plastic shower ring for a different DISign.

Don't forget...if you make two of each number, you can use it for a memory game by placing everything upside down and turning two "mickey heads" over at a time. If you match two...you get another turn. If you don't...it is the next players turn.

Here is a picture of how I made mine for learning tools for toddlers as well as use them for travel. I got the metal rings in the office supply section at Wal-Mart, but plastic shower rings are better for smaller children. Also, I highly suggest that you laminate each card so that they will last longer and be spill proof! These cards will allow you to work with your children on colors, and the written and numberical numbers:

IMG_1510.jpg

I also printed the number word on the backside of each card:

IMG_1512.jpg

Here are the cards if you want to make your own!

MickeyHeadNumbers2.jpg

MickeyHead1.jpg

MickeyHead2.jpg

MickeyHead3.jpg

MickeyHead4.jpg

MickeyHead5.jpg

MickeyHead6.jpg

MickeyHead7.jpg

MickeyHead8.jpg

MickeyHead9.jpg

MickeyHead10.jpg

Here is a picture of how I made my color cards for toddlers:
IMG_1509.jpg

And here are the individual cards if you want to make one for your family or as a gift for a child:

Here are two options for covers:
MickeyHeadColors.jpg

MickeyHeadColors2.jpg

And the rest of the pages:
MickeyHeadRed.jpg

MickeyHeadPink.jpg

MickeyHeadOrange.jpg

MickeyHeadYellow.jpg

MickeyHeadGreen.jpg

MickeyHeadBlue.jpg

MickeyHeadPurple.jpg

MickeyHeadBrown.jpg

MickeyHeadBlack.jpg

MickeyHeadWhite.jpg

The last of the pages for the books...my 3 year old loves anything with balls and "sports" so I he asked me to make one with those and the disney characters....here it is. Although...he is asking where is golf, curling, badminton, skateboarding, la crosse, race car driving and a few others...

This is a picture of what mine looks like:
IMG_1515.jpg

Cover:
SportsCover.jpg

The rest of the pages if you want to make one:
Basketball.jpg

Football.jpg

Baseball.jpg

Soccer.jpg

Hockey.jpg

Tennis.jpg

I thought about making playing cards for this thread but there are plenty of great playing cards out there at the dollar stores for much cheaper than it would cost to make them at home. If you can't find them...get a regular set of cards and here are directions that you can add to your travel games:

GO FISH
Number of Players: 2-5
Deck: A standard 52-card deck
• One player shuffles the deck and deals the cards one at a time to each player until each player has 5 cards
• The rest of the deck is placed face down in the center
• The first player asks another player, “Do you have a 5?” or any other value or face card he/she may name, so long as he/she is holding a card with the same number. The player being asked must hand over any “fives” he/she has, and the first player can then ask any player for another card.
• If the player cannot supply the card requested, he/she says: “GO FISH!” and the asking player must draw the to card from the stack. If the drawn card matches three cards of a value he/she already holds, he/she can lay down the four, and continue.
• Otherwise, the play moves to his/her left. This continues until one player has laid down his/her entire hand in matched sets of four cards each. The first player to do this is the winner

SNAP!
Number of Players: 2-4
• The dealer deals all cards evenly to all players face down.
• The youngest player begins by turning over the top card of his/her stack to start a new pile of cards in front of him/her. The next player turns over the top card of his stack to start a new pile in front of him/her. The other players follow in turn.
• When someone turns over a card that matches the top card of another player’s pile, the first person to see the match and call out “SNAP!” wins the two piles with the matching cards on top. These cards are added to the winner’s stack.
• Play continues where it left off. When a player runs out of cards he is out of the game.
• Play continues until one player is left with all the cards.

OLD MAID
Number of Players: two or more players
Deck: From a standard 52 card pack remove one queen leaving 51 cards.
• The dealer deals out all the cards to the players (generally some will have one more card than others - this does not matter). The players all look at their cards and discard any pairs they have (a pair is two cards of equal rank, such as two sevens or two kings).
• The dealer begins. At your turn you must offer your cards spread face down to the player to your left. That player selects a card from your hand without seeing it, and adds it to her hand. If it makes a pair in her hand she discards the pair. The player who just took a card then offers her hand to the next player to her left, and so on.
• If you get rid of all your cards you are safe - the turn passes to the next player and you take no further part.
• Eventually all the cards will have been discarded except one queen (the old maid) and the holder of this queen loses.

SPOONS, TONGUE or PIG - This is my favorite game to play especially if you are traveling with a big group! It is lots of fun to get everyone together in one hotel room and play this game!!! You will not find a playing card set for this game...but you can use a regular set of cards or any of the disney playing cards as they have "four of a kind" in the snap, old maid and go fish sets.
Number of Players: 3 to 13 players. Best with 6 to 13 players.
Goal: To be the first to collect four cards of the same rank. If an opponent beats you to that goal, to not be the last to realize it.
Setup : One player shuffles the deck and deals the cards one at a time to each player until each player has 4 cards. For Spoons: Put the spoons in the middle of the table so that every player can reach them. You need one spoon for each player except one. Example: with 8 players, you need 7 spoons.
Game Play
• The dealer starts off play by picking up one card from the remaining card stack and either keeping it if it matches one of the cards in their hand or placing it upside down next to the player on their left. Players simultaneously pick up the card they've received from the opponent on their right and choose one card from their hand to pass to the opponent on their left. Each player can never have more than four cards in his hand, so it's illegal for a player to pick up a new card before passing one to the left.
• In this game you do not have to take individual turns and the faster you go the better...remembering that you can only have four cards in your hand at one time!
• When a player collects four of a kind, he does one of the following actions, depending on which version of the game is being played:
Spoons: As subtly as possible, take a spoon and place it in front of yourself.
Pig: Quietly place a finger on the tip of your nose.
Tongue: Quietly, but visibly, stick out your tongue.
• When one player does this, every other player must do likewise as quickly as possible. The last player to grab a spoon, touch his nose, or stick out his tongue is the loser.
OPTIONAL: While playing Spoons or Tongue, players who either take a spoon or stick out their tongue can continue to pick up and pass cards, making it more difficult for other players to realize what has happened. (The player who actually collected four cards of the same rank must always pass the card they just picked up, because passing any other card would break up their four-of-a-kind.) This option is not available when playing Pig, since one of your hands will be occupied with touching your nose.
• Scoring: The last player to grab a spoon, touch his nose, or stick out his tongue is the loser and is eliminated from the game.
OPTIONAL: Each player has three lives. The last player to grab a spoon, touch his nose, or stick out his tongue is the loser and loses a life. When a player loses all three of his lives (which can be represented by the letters P-I-G), he's eliminated from the game.

Dolly are you planing on making any cards that have the disney babies on them with shapes?

Dolly are you planing on making any cards that have the disney babies on them with shapes?

That is a good idea, and was on my to do list as my three year old loves the other ones that I have made so far. Thanks to you...I got them done! And we have already played with them this morning. It is pretty funny hearing a 3 year old say rectangle, hexagon, heptagon, etc. I may have to work on musical instruments...he likes those too!

Here is a picture of what mine looks like:
IMG_1517.jpg

Cover:
ShapesCover.jpg

And the rest of the pages:
Square.jpg

Circle.jpg

Triangle.jpg

Moon.jpg

Heart.jpg

Rectangle.jpg

Oval.jpg

Star.jpg

Pentagon.jpg

Hexagon.jpg

Heptagon-1.jpg

Octagon-1.jpg

Diamond.jpg

I changed some of the travel game cards and made them into Hannah Montana, Princess and Star Wars Travel Games for anyone with kids that are fans of those two. You can find them in my 4shared file in the link in my signature below.

More of Milliepie's adorable paper doll costumes!!! Make sure you double click on them to open them up in her 4shared file. Then you can save/download them to your "pictures" them from there.

Bump!

I added pictures to show how I make my number and color cards. I also added new cards for covers and a card for the color brown and the number 10 in post #122 and 123.

I've been wanting to make a "Hotel Scavenger Hunt" and I finally got around to making one. This is a great way to help kids that might be bored in the hotel do something fun. Also, if you are traveling with two adults...this is a GREAT way to give one adult a break from the kids. So send out your hubby with this list, a bag to collect everything in and a time limit so you can have a break. Then when he gets back...take the kids for a swim at the pool and give him one!

ScavengerHuntHotel.jpg

Dolly, I love your numbers, shapes and color books! DS3 is working on numbers right now so I was wondering if you could do one for zero and 11-20? Thanks so much for all of your hard work!

Dolly, I love your numbers, shapes and color books! DS3 is working on numbers right now so I was wondering if you could do one for zero and 11-20? Thanks so much for all of your hard work!

I'm running out of colors...I guess there are still pastels. :) My 3 year old loves the books too! We have "school" most days with the cards. Of course his favorite are the sports ones. You can find them in the link in my signature to my shared file. Look in the "travel games" file and "picture book/memory cards" file:

Also...just in case you are wanting the alphabet...I have been using Natalie's alphabet cards as well. You can get the from her photobucket. I put her alphabet on the front of the card, then I put a big capital A and lower case a in black on the backside of the card. Of course you have to decide if you want block letters, d'nealian or both. Check and see what style of lettering the school teaches where he will attend. D'nealian for those that are wondering what it is...is handwritten letters that have little tails on them. It is supposed to make the transition to cursive easier. If you want to use that lettering...the closest free font that I have come across is Jarmon and Jarmondotted. Here is an example of Natalie's cards:

AAlice.jpg

Here is a link to the cards in her photobucket: http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r132/donatalie/Character Alphabet/Character Alphabet Book/

Enjoy!

I am a former teacher, before I became a SAHM so I am little over obsessed with cute "teachable" things and I absolutely love these! We are working on numbers now and are getting ready to work on shapes so this will be great! I actually used Natalie's alphabet cards and made a really cute "ABC" book from artscow....I had some freebies to use....it turned out really cute, hardback and you can put your child's pic on the front....just an idea if you are interested! thanks again for the numbers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter