• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Road trip help please.

Thanks Mel! I did have the first image and for a while it was the only colored lacing card that I had. Thanks for your help. You are the best!

I did get lacing cards in color for all of Mickey and the Gang along with a few others. Two have Christmas things in them but it is hard to find a simple coloring page that is large enough to turn into a lacing card. Hope they will work.

Thanks again!

Has anyone seen any Disney connect the dots pages I can print off? I've tried seaching for them, but can't seem to find them. My older son loves these kind.... I wonder how hard they would be to make myself.

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! for all of your wonderful road trip ideas. We will be driving from the Dallas area with a 5yr old boy, 6 yr old girl and two 11yr old girls (plus 4 adults). I had been searching for things besides movies to keep them entertained on the 18 hour drive.

If I think of any specific request, I'll let you know. I need to get busy printing and laminating everything that I have downloaded so far.

Thanks Again!

Thanks for all of the great ideas! The ride to Disney on our last trip wasn't too bad because we still had nappers. But since our boys are all out of that stage now, I've been searching for lots of ideas to keep them busy on our next trip (as well as other vacations)!

wow great thread.. we will need all these ideas at some point I am sure.

I know my idea isn't too creative per say. But I bought color wonder packs and have them stashed so that the kids can color without getting ink all over my car or themselves.

wow great thread.. we will need all these ideas at some point I am sure.

I know my idea isn't too creative per say. But I bought color wonder packs and have them stashed so that the kids can color without getting ink all over my car or themselves.

I love those and use them all the time when we travel as they only mark the page...not hands, carseats, clothes, etc.

I love your ideas, especially the boxes! Do they keep the snacks pretty fresh?

I think I might get one of the adjustable ones and use it for art supplies for the trip. That way I can take them inside and not having to worry crayons melting.

I love your ideas, especially the boxes! Do they keep the snacks pretty fresh?

I think I might get one of the adjustable ones and use it for art supplies for the trip. That way I can take them inside and not having to worry crayons melting.

I don't leave food in them for long. I usually pack the food in the morning and plan to eat it randomly throughout the day. Try to put some healthy food in like dried fruit, pretzels, nuts, etc. Depending on the food you could keep it in there longer...

I do love the boxes! We use the game box whenever we travel and my 3 year old has me get out the "arts and crafts" box several times a week. He especially loves to make paper bag puppets. If you haven't see the travel boxes for games, food and arts & crafts. They are on page 2 of this thread.

I don't leave food in them for long. I usually pack the food one in the morning and plan to eat it randomly throughout the day. Try to put some healthy food in like dried fruit, pretzels, nuts, etc. Depending on the food you could keep it in there longer...

I do love the boxes! We use the game box whenever we travel and my 3 year old has me get out the "arts and crafts" box several times a week. He especially loves to make paper bag puppets. If you haven't see the travel boxes for games, food and arts & crafts. They are on page 2 of this thread.

We would have a bunch of nuts, raisins, dried fruit, pretzels, crackers, they should keep well for the drive down.

I saw the other boxes and saved the pictures so that I can see what I might want to duplicate.

Anyone have any links to some DCL games and some simple air travel games for an 8yr old. we are flying from ohio to cananda in a year and would like to make dd some games up. i like the bingo games and the scavenger hunts and even the hotel ones but none of those would work very well for flying. and i love the craft box idea but she can't have scissors on the flight so letting that one slide for now. it is a 6-7 hr flight.

so far i have

tic tac toe
connect the dots
checkers
battleship
state map = hers she is collecting signatures from people in different states instead of license plates
coloring pages
dot game
thinking about doing the paper doll idea on magnets

she is not one to stay on any one thing for very long so looking for enough of a variety to keep her going plus it will need to last on the return trip as well

Anyone have any links to some DCL games and some simple air travel games for an 8yr old. we are flying from ohio to cananda in a year and would like to make dd some games up. i like the bingo games and the scavenger hunts and even the hotel ones but none of those would work very well for flying. and i love the craft box idea but she can't have scissors on the flight so letting that one slide for now. it is a 6-7 hr flight.

so far i have

tic tac toe
connect the dots
checkers
battleship
state map = hers she is collecting signatures from people in different states instead of license plates
coloring pages
dot game
thinking about doing the paper doll idea on magnets

she is not one to stay on any one thing for very long so looking for enough of a variety to keep her going plus it will need to last on the return trip as well

Still consider the arts and crafts box...if you liked it. There are lots of arts and crafts that don't require scissors. Walmart sells a foam bookmark kit that comes with different colors of bookmarks and special markers.

You can put paper, stickers and magic markers and she can make notecards and/or postcards that she can mail to friends and family on the trip. Once you are in Canada...you can buy postcards and add them to the box for the trip home. Then she can write letters on them and hand deliver or mail when you are home.

You could take some paper and find printable instructions online for origami and learn to make animals, flowers, etc. You could also find instructions online for making different kinds of paper planes since you will by flying.

Add a few games to the box. You could easily play Yahtzi on the plane. Take 5 dice and rip off a few of the Yahtzi game tally cards and throw them in the box. Make sure to explain to your child that they have to make small rolls and keep their dice on the dinner tray.

You could find some small puzzles and put the puzzle pieces in one section of the tackle box. Part of the fun would be not knowing the end result and still trying to put the puzzle together. Or you could cut the picture from the top of the puzzle box and put in the the craft/game box.

You could also pack a small puzzle box in a backpack and then use the lid to the puzzle box for rolling the Yahtzi dice to ensure that you don't spend a bunch of time finding dice that rolled off the dinner tray. The Dollar Tree has small puzzles that would work well for this.

Buy a barrell of monkeys game and add the monkeys to the box...even as an adult it is fun to see how many monkeys you can pick up, and it is a game that works well on the seat tray of an airplane.

I have an oversized envelope that I keep in the top of my box craft box with paper, game cards, instructions, etc.

Hope that helps you to think "out of the box" and still put a crafts/game box together for your flight.

A few other games:

Put together your own scavenger hunt list for things that you can find on an airplane. Make sure some of them are things that she can find in the magazines so that she will take time to flip through them to find whatever it may be. Think about the types of things that can be found in a "Sky Mall" magazine. They always sell things like sports memorabilia, robes, garden things, furniture, electronics, etc.

Play "I spy".

Still consider the arts and crafts box...if you liked it. There are lots of arts and crafts that don't require scissors. Walmart sells a foam bookmark kit that comes with different colors of bookmarks and special markers.
oh i am...after sleeping on it last nite i got up this morning with my head full of thoughts.. i stumbled across another thread for an activity book and looking thru some links they had i found some states coloring pages that has some facts on them. we are having dd get people to sign her states map on the state they are from since we are traveling across the country and being on the cruise you always find people from all over the world so doing those. my craft box i think will actually end up being more a bag for space saving that i can have bound inside the book i make. i will put some crayons, colored pencils, glue stick, wiggly eyes, ribbon, maybe some stickers, pen, pencil, and i am sure a few other things..

my idea when i woke up this morning was to get her a camera and tell her she has a very special mission to take pictures of all her experiences of this trip and to also have her start making pages for a scrapbook. and then let her know when we get back home she can attach the pictures she has taken to the pages she has created on the trip to make her own scrapbook of her trip.

You can put paper, stickers and magic markers and she can make notecards and/or postcards that she can mail to friends and family on the trip. Once you are in Canada...you can buy postcards and add them to the box for the trip home. Then she can write letters on them and hand deliver or mail when you are home.

You could take some paper and find printable instructions online for origami and learn to make animals, flowers, etc. You could also find instructions online for making different kinds of paper planes since you will by flying.

Add a few games to the box. You could easily play Yahtzi on the plane. Take 5 dice and rip off a few of the Yahtzi game tally cards and throw them in the box. Make sure to explain to your child that they have to make small rolls and keep their dice on the dinner tray.

You could find some small puzzles and put the puzzle pieces in one section of the tackle box. Part of the fun would be not knowing the end result and still trying to put the puzzle together. Or you could cut the picture from the top of the puzzle box and put in the the craft/game box.

You could also pack a small puzzle box in a backpack and then use the lid to the puzzle box for rolling the Yahtzi dice to ensure that you don't spend a bunch of time finding dice that rolled off the dinner tray. The Dollar Tree has small puzzles that would work well for this.

Buy a barrell of monkeys game and add the monkeys to the box...even as an adult it is fun to see how many monkeys you can pick up, and it is a game that works well on the seat tray of an airplane.

I have an oversized envelope that I keep in the top of my box craft box with paper, game cards, instructions, etc.

Hope that helps you to think "out of the box" and still put a crafts/game box together for your flight.

A few other games:

Put together your own scavenger hunt list for things that you can find on an airplane. Make sure some of them are things that she can find in the magazines so that she will take time to flip through them to find whatever it may be. Think about the types of things that can be found in a "Sky Mall" magazine. They always sell things like sports memorabilia, robes, garden things, furniture, electronics, etc.

Play "I spy".

good ideas as usual Dotty

Here is a scavenger hunt for the "All-Star Movie & Music" Resorts. Even if you aren't staying there...if you have a day that you aren't going to be at one of the parks and need something free to do...this would be a fun way to get to see these resorts and take pictures with all of the characters. I have never been to these resorts so if there is something that I can add or change to these cards let me know.

ScavengerHuntAllStarResort.jpg

ScavengerHuntAllStarMusic.jpg

Can I please have a POP one? The teenage newbies on our next trip would look this. TIA:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter