Riverside (POR in August) Concerns

Riptide

Earning My Ears
I am taking my trip to WDW with my family. There are six of us. Besides my wife and myself, we are taking along our two sons 11 and 9, and my two girls 4 and 9 months (age at beginning of trip). So we went with the POR because of budget and advertised features. Since then I have heard that they are closing the POFQ, and that certain advertised features are going to be loss due to the closures. One example of the POFQ closure is that we will not be able to use the theme pool of the POFQ. The number of pools was a big selling point of this resort. I am wondering what other features are going to be dropped in our stay in August?

I have read rumors this and other websites of the following and I am trying to find out if I need to look into other resort:

1. Are there going to be less bus service?

2. Are they going to stop the boat from running to DD?

3. What restaurants are closing down? (I.E. The Boatrights)

4. What other service are going to loss? Boat and bike rentals, Riverside pools?

5. Will the walkways to POFQ be closed off or the paths lights not turned so that we will not enjoy the evening walks that were also advertised as a feature of this resort?

The biggest reason we went with POR is because of the features that are not offered at others. If anyone has any information on Riverside in the coming months, please let me know. I want to make the kids first trip great, and don't want this to spoil their experience.

Thank You,

Riptide

P.S How do you add the count down to your messages?

Don't worry! ;)

POFQ's closing shouldn't hinder your stay too terribly much. In answer to your ??'s

1. Bus service shouldn't really be affected too much. If anything, the closing of FQ should give you slightly more room on the buses due to the fact that POR-R and FQ share bus service. So you may find this actually a plus.

2. Again, this could turn out to be a plus as well, as boat service is shared but should be up and running. You just won't have the extra stop to pick up guests at FQ.

3. Boatwrights and the foodcourt at POR-R will be up and operational. The foodcourt at FQ will be closed and Bonfamilles resturaunt over at FQ, closed a few years ago anyway so this should not affect your stay.

4. All of the pools, the main pool "Ol Man Island" and the other 5 quiet pools throughout Riverside will be open. Only The themed dragon pool at FQ will be closed. The marina for boat rentals and fishing and bike rentals should be all open so enjoy:)

5. As for walkways being lit, not sure if they'd keep them lit for walking over to FQ with the resort being closed but there are plenty of pathways to walk right in Riverside and Riverside is really a beautiful resort. So have a great time!!

So as you can see, I think you will be fine. As for your trip counter, try this:

WWW.Disboards.com/showthread...threadid=316089

(I wrote this down from last time) Hope it works.

Have a great trip!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Thanks for the feedback. If anything changes though pleasse keep me updated.

Oh, I wouldn't worry at all about your stay at POR. POR certainly has plenty of pools to choose from. The resort is so beautiful that I really don't know how often you would have visited POFQ anyway. Riverside offers so much: carriage rides, fishing, bikes, boats, beautiful wooden bridges, plenty of walking paths. One year we were there when POFQ was closed due to low attendance. It certainly didn't take away from our stay at Riverside. Yes the foot path was blocked off entering FQ but it didn't detract from Riverside. We walked up to that point and turned around. Please don't worry - you have chosen a wonderful resort. Look forward to your stay - it'll be great.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter