Regarding Online ROOM reservations and extra payments

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by SueEllen, Sep 6, 2005.

1. greeneggs1082

greeneggs1082 Mouseketeer

I was just reading through this thread, and wanted to let you know that it now appears you CAN make additional payments to online room-only reservations. I made my reservation on 3/28/09 and paid the deposit. Then the next day I called in and made a payment for the rest of my room. The charge was taken out of my account on 3/31/09, and my account on the Disney website shows that the deposit was made and that the additional payment was made. It shows my balance due as $0. My trip is in less than two weeks, so I don't know if that has anything to do with me being able to make additional payments, but my additional payment is there, and my trip is paid in full. Hope that helps.

-Gina :stitch:

2. Candice30

Candice30 World's Greatest Aunt! -- or so the kids tell me.

thanks....i'm gonna try again at lunch time! :banana:

3. greeneggs1082

Candice30,

Did you get to make the rest of your payment?

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  5. mbanks21

mbanks21 DIS Veteran

If your reservation is 8 numbers or 12 numbers you can make payments on it

6. Candice30

YEP :cool1:...i made a payment this morning!

7. Melissa B

Melissa B Earning My Ears

we have that almost paid off the room. so we wont have to pay at check out one less thing to worry about.

8. Nadya

Nadya Earning My Ears

is that true?? OMG:confused3

9. greeneggs1082

This is no longer true, as when I went to WDW in April, I was able to make my initial down payment on my room only reservation, and then I called in a few days later to pay the remainder. The phone CM took my payment and it was never cancelled nor refunded to my bank account. You ARE able to make additional payments to room only reservations now.

10. Candice30

absolutely...have paid off balance twice now! just call reservations and tell them you want to make a payment. it was all very easy.

11. jnfr2424

jnfr2424 I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love t

Dosen't this post need to be updated?
    I was not only able to make a deposit but payments for my reservation online
    even in writing, it is stated to make the final payment either by check or online

12. Candice30

you cannot make payments online...i had to call reservations to do it. just did it in june with no problem via credit card.

13. Candice30

again though....the times i did it was for room only reservations....i do not believe you can do this with other types of ressies....maybe someone else can clarify.

14. vincom1111

vincom1111 Earning My Ears

Thanks all for sharing information

15. ratlenhum

ratlenhum DIS Veteran

I've made my deposit and 3 additional payments online for an upcoming trip. I also did the same thing last year. We booked in March 2009 and made 5 or 6 online payments until our trip was paid in full. We travelled in August.

I don't understand why people think you can't do this. It's very easy and most people I know that book online make payments online.

16. greeneggs1082

Is your reservation a "room only" reservation or a package, that includes room and tickets? If it is a package, then yes, there are no problems making payments online. However, this thread is specifically about "room only" reservations and the inability to make payments on those online. "Room only" reservations can be made in payments by calling customer service.

17. Constance

Constance Earning My Ears

Room only you can! I've done it. But I do have to call. Packages are another story! When I've done room/tickets/dining, I can't.
    :goodvibes

18. Craigdarroch

Craigdarroch Mouseketeer

So, I booked a room-only reservation "on-line" through the US Disney.com site.
    I received a 12 digit confirmation number (not an 8 digit one)
    It does state that payment is not due until arrival, however, it also states that I can make full payment at any time by contacting a Disney CM by phone.

Why did I receive the 12 digit number rather than the 8 digit number when I booked online? :confused3

19. SnackyStacky

SnackyStacky <font color=9900FF>Disney Addict<br><table border=

Because the information from that post was almost 3 years old.

Sorry about that! ;)

Before Disney introduced their online check in, the ONLY thing that could be pulled up online was a reservation that had been booked online - whether package or room only. They were giving the 8 digit R confirmations then.

BUT - since introducing online check in, they needed a way to make sure EVERYBODY could bring up their reservations online, no matter where or how somebody booked.

Now, they can take payments for room only reservations over the phone, and they will stick, and you get the 12 digit confirmation number. :)

I also updated that post, so it's a bit more pertinent. :)

20. perrywinkle47

perrywinkle47 Earning My Ears

i don't have done it becuase i don't have to call it packages are another story.

21. newdisfamily

newdisfamily Earning My Ears

If when you make your original payment and it's for the entire room do they refund whatever is over the $200 or you're all set?

I was going to take advantage of the offer they have going on now and just wanted to double check.

Thanks!