Regarding Online ROOM reservations and extra payments

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by SueEllen, Sep 6, 2005.

1. 2009CAN

2009CAN Mouseketeer

From my understanding, you have to pay-in-full something like 45 days before your trip if you have a PACKAGE (tickets) w/your room stay. If you have a ROOM ONLY reservation, then you can pay cash when you get there. I wonder if you can by check over the phone?

2. MollysWorld

MollysWorld Earning My Ears

I am sure this has been asked, but I wanted to check. We already have a trip booked, scheduled to arrive on 10/24. Does that mean we aren't eligible? Can we purchase the plan for 10/24 and 10/25, then be eligible for the plan on 10/26?

thanks.

3. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Mouseketeer

I just saw this thread, which started YEARS ago. I'm not sure it's still accurate. In the last 12 months, I've booked two vacations on line and of course the deposit on my credit card went through fine. Then as we got closer to both vacations, I continued to make periodic payments on line, until it was paid for 45 days prior to arrival. It's not hiccup free, at least twice I had to back out and log in again but it sure beats waiting on hold to make a payment. Just an FYI.
    :cool2:

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  5. Lissette F

Lissette F Earning My Ears

I think this has changed since this thread first started because I have been able to call in and pay in full trips that I made online. When I decided to turn my room only to a package, then they refunded the money and took the payment. I asked about this and was informed that they are actually 2 different travel companies, even though it is all Disney, so I think it's more for accounting purposes to make sure the different companies have the right monies allotted to the correct companies. It's a pain because it takes about 7 days for the money to actually hit your bank/credit card.

My advice: Just call and make your reservations that way any future changes won't be as much of a hassle. :thumbsup2

6. Unfmeliss

Unfmeliss Earning My Ears

good to know, thx!

7. Jhondy210

Jhondy210 Mouseketeer

Is this still true that if you book room only online you can't pay off the balance until you arrive at the resort? This is making me want to call Disney and reserve the room and then cancel my online booking because we want to pay the room off now and not have to worry about paying a bill once we get there.

8. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

You can call and pay off your room whenever you want. It is just that the balance doesn't show in your MDE account if you don't have a package. You're not able to make payments online. but you can certainly make payments before you arrive by calling. I think they even have an automated payment option, so you can do it over the phone without waiting for a CM, although I haven't done it that way.

followyerbliss likes this.
  9. Eastern

Eastern DIS Veteran

I did the automated payment by phone option the other day. I wanted to pay a certain amount on a certain cc (not the one I have on file on my MDE account).

It worked fine. Easier than a person because I didn't have to make small talk with a random CM in between!

10. C-CMom

C-CMom Mouseketeer

Nevermind - found another solution. :o

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015