Regarding Online ROOM reservations and extra payments

SueEllen

<font color=red>Proud Iced Tea Snob<br><font color
Until Disney makes any changes I am going to leave this stuck at the top of the page.

Disney's system WILL NOT ALLOW for any additional payments to be made (other than the deposit) to any ROOM ONLY reservation booked online (whether it be best rate, FL resident or regular rack rate.)

If you call and get a CM that applies an additional payment, that payment will be REFUNDED back to your credit card. It will not stay on the reservation.

I know that a lot of people have had questions about this and confusion, but this does apply to all room only reservations made online.

Sue Ellen

Thank you for posting that, I am glad you did. They did indeed refund back to my credit card after the CM that I had took my payment in full. Disney however not once contacted me on this. I found out by looking at the My Disney Vacations online section & then looking at my credit card activity summary. I would have though that Disney would have sent something to me but didn't. Thanks once again

Now, if I call in central reservations and book a room only w/deposit, I DO have the option of paying it off before my trip? Thinking it would be nice to have one expense taken care of before we go.

DisneyFreq said:
Now, if I call in central reservations and book a room only w/deposit, I DO have the option of paying it off before my trip? Thinking it would be nice to have one expense taken care of before we go.
Yes, the call in ressies can be paid off ahead of time.....

I booked WL via Best Rate and my confirmation email has the following text:

"Please note that charges made by telephone may not be reflected on this page. If you would like to charge your final payment by phone, or if you have any questions about your vacation, please call (407) 939-7675 from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time."

Just a Little FYI :sunny:

That may explain why I have a package that I was able to pay on and now that I added 1 night ROOM ONLY ressie to AKL I can no longer pay on ANY of my itinerery on the website.
Odd because the AKL says to pay either by phone or @ check in, the package says it must be paid for by 12/29....SO I hope I can take care of this! I'm nervous now that if I call to make a payment it won't work since I have a ROOM only ressie included. LOL ahhh the stress of planning :) :earsgirl:

Tink10 said:
I booked WL via Best Rate and my confirmation email has the following text:

"Please note that charges made by telephone may not be reflected on this page. If you would like to charge your final payment by phone, or if you have any questions about your vacation, please call (407) 939-7675 from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time."

Just a Little FYI :sunny:

Yes, I know it says that. I called & a CM took my balance so I was paid in full. A few days later, they credited it back to my credit card. Even though it says you can, you cannot. Any ressie that is booked online (they all seem to start with "R") cannot be paid off until arrival.

That Stinks!!!! Disney seems to be making it harder and harder on AP holders. It was great to be able to pay it off before I arrived. USF is looking better and better as an onsite hotel option.

Hi
i have booked 2 nights at AKL( throug a hotel website) my credit card company says that a payment has gone out to disney(direct) and it is equilvant to one nights stay. When i eventually got through( on phone) to the hotel website they say they haven't taken a depost and that i pay all on arrival! Help??!!. Can i ring the resort direct to check or do i just cancel and re-book. thanks for any advice, Ruth

Hi all

I may be completely dumb but I don't understand one word of what you're going on about.

I've actually not looked into staying on site as we're planning on coming to WDW for 3 weeks next June which will be our first and only visit as we're so far away and it's so expensive to get there. Anyway, we decided on renting a private house for our stay but I've been thinking that it might be nice for the kids to have 2 or 3 days right at the beginning or right at the end of the trip just to give them that little bit extra Disney magic.

I don't know how to go about finding the cheapest way of doing this and don't really understand what you're all talking about as far as paying before you get there. I'd love to pay for as much as possible before we arrive.

Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.

thanks
Clueless!

Hey, Sue Ellen! With the BRP changes that were announced today, any idea if additional payments can be applied to a rez now?

Farawayfan said:
Hi all

I may be completely dumb but I don't understand one word of what you're going on about.

I've actually not looked into staying on site as we're planning on coming to WDW for 3 weeks next June which will be our first and only visit as we're so far away and it's so expensive to get there. Anyway, we decided on renting a private house for our stay but I've been thinking that it might be nice for the kids to have 2 or 3 days right at the beginning or right at the end of the trip just to give them that little bit extra Disney magic.

I don't know how to go about finding the cheapest way of doing this and don't really understand what you're all talking about as far as paying before you get there. I'd love to pay for as much as possible before we arrive.

Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.

thanks
Clueless!

You are best to start another thread regarding your questions. You will get more help that way. :)

I don't understand...:confused3

I booked a room only reservation last week. I called a day later and paid in full over the phone. Am I *not paid in full???? Why would Disney not allow people to pay in full? I know I have a fever today...but this doesn't make sense to me at all.

HELP! popcorn::

This has to do with room only reservations made on the web site - you cannot make payments for those reservations - did you book online?

Disney's system WILL NOT ALLOW for any additional payments to be made (other than the deposit) to any ROOM ONLY reservation booked online (whether it be best rate, FL resident or regular rack rate.)

If you call and get a CM that applies an additional payment, that payment will be REFUNDED back to your credit card. It will not stay on the reservation.

I just made room only reservations through CRO and I was told that I can "absolutely" call back and pay in full anytime up to check in which I plan to do soon.

I can also add tickets to my room key (which is not a package but you have to pay for them in full up front) and I can cancel those or my reservations 6 days prior to check in with no fees.

I'm going in June and haven't seen any AP or codes anyway for dining, etc. so this works for me and gives me the freedom to watch the weather and make a change if needed. Never know what can come up in 3 months, although it would take some serious conditions to make us cancel.

Disney BOUND!!!:cheer2:

any idea if i can send a check and have that applied to my existing room only ressie that was booked online?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts