READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t overthink this. It’s really simple.

6:59:59
AT-AT
Join + Join + Join

One device for time.gov. All other devices using the same MDE account. And, most important of all, a very fast internet connection from your cellular carrier, not wi-fi.
I successfully used both the My Queues (Join Virtual Queue) method this past Thursday, as well as used the Hotel WiFi and landed BG 3. I recognize that there might not be a difference between this and Join-Join-Join. I just preferred it because of my success rate using it and the big button that wasn't easy to miss clicking on.

As for the WiFi vs cellular debate, I went with the WiFi due to lower ping times as well as crappy T-mobile LTE reception inside my hotel.

Last edited:
As displayed above, WiFi can be successful. Disney has many International guests who have no choice but to use WiFi and others who choose to use it, and both are successful in getting BGs. A cellular data carrier works for some but Disney WiFi works for many too.

I just don’t want those who must use WiFi feeling like they’re shut out before their trip ever start as this definitely is not the case. Both work.
Exactly. I used WiFi in January because the data network slowed way down just before 7am. I went from 50mbps at 6am down to 10mbps a few minutes before 7. Wifi stayed around 25mbps.

I just don’t want those who must use WiFi feeling like they’re shut out before their trip ever start as this definitely is not the case. Both work.

As for the WiFi vs cellular debate, I went with the WiFi due to lower ping times as well as crappy T-mobile LTE reception inside my hotel.

Apologies, I edited my original post to reflect your clarification.

What I can say from a month's worth of attempts on 4 devices both at home and in a Disney property hotel is that:

A. The AT-AT screen had a higher success rate than the pull-down refresh method did. When one of us didn't get through on the AT-AT screen and needed to pull-down, we were never successful.

B. Our internet speed on AT&T as a cellular provider was almost 10x faster than that of hotel wi-fi in Orlando.

C. The new devices we had (iPhone 12) had a higher success rate than the older devices (iPhone X, iPad 2).

D. Having 4 of us signed in to the same MDE account increased our chances markedly, the more devices hitting Join at 6:59:59 the better.

When you only have 3-4 seconds to achieve the goal early in the morning in a hotel room, the combination of AT-AT screen + fast cellular internet + new devices + multiple party members attempting = the highest possible success rate IMO.

At Pop, I had almost no LTE (T-Mobile) signal in my room and using WiFi I got BG1 two days in a row.
T-Mobile signal is horrible in Orlando. It did not work much in the Lake Buena Vista South area, and I am on their most premium data plan. I live north of Atlanta and now regret switching to their service from Verizon, in hopes of their 5G infrastructure.

I read the initial posts but I'm still confused on how Park Hopping works with this. I.e. if I get a Park Pass for say Epcot but plan to hop to DHS later can I get in the 7 AM and 1 PM queues or just the 1 PM?

I read the initial posts but I'm still confused on how Park Hopping works with this. I.e. if I get a Park Pass for say Epcot but plan to hop to DHS later can I get in the 7 AM and 1 PM queues or just the 1 PM?
Only guests with a DHS park reservation are eligible for Boarding Groups at 7AM and 1PM. You may hop to DHS after 2PM but you are not eligible to try and get a BG unless you have a park reservation for that day.

This is an important part of the equation when deciding on park reservations.

When I practice getting a BP from home, my entire family appears on the join list but only my one DS and I are going. On our actual DHS day, will only those with a park reservation and tickets appear, i.e., just my DS and I, or do I need to remove the other family members from F&F MDE (or do something else that I too technologically incompetent to know about)?

When I practice getting a BP from home, my entire family appears on the join list but only my one DS and I are going. On our actual DHS day, will only those with a park reservation and tickets appear, i.e., just my DS and I, or do I need to remove the other family members from F&F MDE (or do something else that I too technologically incompetent to know about)?
You don’t need to remove anyone. On the day of, those with park passes will be automatically selected.

Don’t overthink this. It’s really simple.

6:59:59
AT-AT
Join + Join + Join

One device for time.gov. All other devices using the same MDE account. And, in my opinion, a very fast internet connection from your cellular carrier is superior to hotel wi-fi which may be slow and/or congested from others attempting the same boarding pass request at the same time. And if your phones are old, this is also a good reason to upgrade. Speed means everything when a whole day of your vacation hinges on 3-4 seconds.

you guys are all over thinking this, honestly, I read, I practiced, and when it was live, it didn't work for the 7am using time.gov. We were driving so that might have messed up the signal. We tried at 1pm and my son got it on his iphone. We missed another time at 7am, and got it at 1pm and then got it at 7am the last time. Our trip was heavily DHS.

Anyway. We didn't use time.gov for any of the times that we got it. The first time I believe it actually messed up my son because he appeared to click to early. I have a pixel 3 and my son has an iphone 11 and his seemed to be slightly closer to actual time, but I managed to grab it on mine 1 of the 3 times.

So what worked best for us was being on the queue screen and refreshing a few times before 7am or 1pm so its real quick to refresh. Thats why I missed it one time, my phone was trying to pull up the page because I hadn't refreshed the queue right before which my son was trying to tell me. So refresh the virtual queue page like 10 sections before so its refreshing instantly and then join join join. I do think its easier at 1pm because you aren't competing with every person trying at home and everywhere else.

you guys are all over thinking this, honestly, I read, I practiced, and when it was live, it didn't work for the 7am using time.gov. We were driving so that might have messed up the signal. We tried at 1pm and my son got it on his iphone. We missed another time at 7am, and got it at 1pm and then got it at 7am the last time. Our trip was heavily DHS.

Anyway. We didn't use time.gov for any of the times that we got it. The first time I believe it actually messed up my son because he appeared to click to early. I have a pixel 3 and my son has an iphone 11 and his seemed to be slightly closer to actual time, but I managed to grab it on mine 1 of the 3 times.

So what worked best for us was being on the queue screen and refreshing a few times before 7am or 1pm so its real quick to refresh. Thats why I missed it one time, my phone was trying to pull up the page because I hadn't refreshed the queue right before which my son was trying to tell me. So refresh the virtual queue page like 10 sections before so its refreshing instantly and then join join join. I do think its easier at 1pm because you aren't competing with every person trying at home and everywhere else.

On time.gov you must use the digital clock in the top right corner and not the analog clock on the lower right of the screen.

The analog clock is confusing as it shows you the time on your device which is often off by a second or two and causes a BP failure. Many gravitate to the analog clock because it’s easier to visualize the seconds hand. Don’t do that.

Got up at 4am to give it a test run and didnt make it. When I got to my party screen only I was selected so I spent time selecting the others. I assume thats what caused me to not make it. How do I make it so everyone is selected or is it basically just luck?

On time.gov you must use the digital clock in the top right corner and not the analog clock on the lower right of the screen.

The analog clock is confusing as it shows you the time on your device which is often off by a second or two and causes a BP failure. Many gravitate to the analog clock because it’s easier to visualize the seconds hand. Don’t do that.
regardless, you don't need it.

Got up at 4am to give it a test run and didnt make it. When I got to my party screen only I was selected so I spent time selecting the others. I assume thats what caused me to not make it. How do I make it so everyone is selected or is it basically just luck?
you have to have a park reservation to make it all the way through.

I didn’t get a bg today. I was batting 50/50 when I first got my phone, but now I have more failed attempts at 7am than successes. I’m not disappointed as we have gone on it 3 times in the past. And I’ll try again another day. But I wonder if those with phones that are 5G, are at an advantage? My dh soon needs a new phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!