READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone have trouble trying to get a boarding group today? Did it right at 7 and it told me “Is everyone in the park?” when my friend and I both have park reservations for today.
Yep, Disney accidentally had the 1 PM “must be in the park” restriction turned on at 7 AM. Needed to keep refreshing until they realized and fixed it, which took about a minute.

Yep, Disney accidentally had the 1 PM “must be in the park” restriction turned on at 7 AM. Needed to keep refreshing until they realized and fixed it, which took about a minute.
That’s crazy. Can’t really prepare for that haha. Do you think the Guest Experience team could do anything about it if I have a screenshot right at 7am of the “You need to be in the park” message?

That’s crazy. Can’t really prepare for that haha. Do you think the Guest Experience team could do anything about it if I have a screenshot right at 7am of the “You need to be in the park” message?
To be brutally frank, probably not. I guess the lesson is if this happens again to just keep trying by refreshing until it works.

To be brutally frank, probably not. I guess the lesson is if this happens again to just keep trying by refreshing until it works.
I agree. Your best option if you missed out this morning will be trying again at 1pm. Sorry the system failed this morning!

I was testing out this morning in Ohio and got the same error message (no park reservation). I tried a couple more times and around 7:01:30~ish it went back to "No Park Reservation" and immediately filled up after that successful attempt.

This was my first time testing for May, so I was curious what happened but looks like other people had the same problem.

Yeah probably not. I’m sure I’m not the only one who’ll try the same thing. I was practicing for a week and that never happened, just assumed it was a problem on my end.

Yeah probably not. I’m sure I’m not the only one who’ll try the same thing. I was practicing for a week and that never happened, just assumed it was a problem on my end.
Yeah I've only seen it happen one or two other times. Sucks when it's your day and happens to you. So sorry! I hope 1pm works out better.

Cross-posted (because I posted in the pinned thread first, then realized this might be a better spot)...

I gather the earliest possible BG return time is at park opening, yes? I'm trying to determine if I get a BG from home if I can make to DHS in time: I've got a 1.5-2 hour drive, depending on traffic, so if by some crazy chance I get BG 1ish on a day DHS opens at 9am, and I leave home at 7:15am, say I'd be in DHS by 9:15am. They give an hour to return after your BG is called, right? If so, this seems feasible!

Cross-posted (because I posted in the pinned thread first, then realized this might be a better spot)...

I gather the earliest possible BG return time is at park opening, yes? I'm trying to determine if I get a BG from home if I can make to DHS in time: I've got a 1.5-2 hour drive, depending on traffic, so if by some crazy chance I get BG 1ish on a day DHS opens at 9am, and I leave home at 7:15am, say I'd be in DHS by 9:15am. They give an hour to return after your BG is called, right? If so, this seems feasible!
That’s correct, you have 1 hour return time. They do start calling, usually, before official park opening, though not usually as soon as it opens. I think most have said somewhere between 830-9. I believe you’ll have 1 hour from official opening as some have said, but most reported seeing their 1 hour window starts as soon as they’re called.

CMs a lot of times can be understanding and allow you through as long as you were somewhat close to on time.

Got BG at 1 after the glitch this morning. Return time estimate is 160 minutes.
Update: at 245 pm the return updated to 240 minutes as the ride is down. Today is not my day to ride ROTR I’m guessing.
Update: 330 and ride still down.
Update: BG was called at 630 when I was at DS having dinner with my parents. Oh well. PS...DS is crowded!

Last edited:
Assuming we're lucky enough to get a BG at 7:00 a.m. when we go, is it safe to say that we should plan on spending the entire day at HS because we won't know when our BG will be called? And if we don't get a BG at 7:00 a.m., but do at 1:00 p.m., then I assume we definitely need to plan to spend the rest of the day there?

I had initially planned on hopping to MK later that day, but it occurred to me that there is no telling what BG we'll get/what time it will be called, so maybe we should plan to stay there for the day. Is there a general rule of thumb that if you get a BG at 7:00, you'll probably be called by "x" time?

Assuming we're lucky enough to get a BG at 7:00 a.m. when we go, is it safe to say that we should plan on spending the entire day at HS because we won't know when our BG will be called? And if we don't get a BG at 7:00 a.m., but do at 1:00 p.m., then I assume we definitely need to plan to spend the rest of the day there?

I had initially planned on hopping to MK later that day, but it occurred to me that there is no telling what BG we'll get/what time it will be called, so maybe we should plan to stay there for the day. Is there a general rule of thumb that if you get a BG at 7:00, you'll probably be called by "x" time?
If you get a BG at 7, you’ll likely ride by early afternoon, so should have time to hop.

also, the app has an estimated return time, so you’ll know once you get a BG how long it’ll be

As long as the ride is running well, those who get a BG at 7AM should be able to ride by sometime in the afternoon.

Did anyone have trouble trying to get a boarding group today? Did it right at 7 and it told me “Is everyone in the park?” when my friend and I both have park reservations for today.
We had the same experience as you did, and the lady in line at the bus had the same thing happen to her. Somehow I was able to get BG 37 by repeatedly hitting the join button but I couldn’t get a BG for my husband. We were able to get him in by talking to a CM. What a mess, though. But at least I got a BG after failing to get one during our last three trips

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter