READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
After "practicing at home", I have noticed that I must select all of my family. Is this normal? I thought another poster stated they should be auto selected. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I went 9 for 9 at Disneyland this year, hoping to have the same luck in Florida. However, 5 seconds is insanely fast! (They almost always are gone that quick).

I’m going solo, but I’m wondering if I should have my family help me from home to get a BG. Each of my HS days I’ll obviously still be at my Airbnb, but I don’t know how good the WiFi will be (and I don’t have data). It’ll be 5 AM back home, but if multiple people are trying to get a BG for one person on one ticket, will it just keep the earliest one any of them got? (I hope that makes sense lol)

After "practicing at home", I have noticed that I must select all of my family. Is this normal? I thought another poster stated they should be auto selected. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I went 9 for 9 at Disneyland this year, hoping to have the same luck in Florida. However, 5 seconds is insanely fast! (They almost always are gone that quick).
When you practice at home, no one is selected if no one has a reservation for that day. Once you try and join on a day that you or someone has a reservation, everyone one your f&f list that has a reservation for that day will be selected.

Do you have to be IN the park at 2:00 for 2nd attempt or can leave for lunch after a morning there? We have ADR at Beaches and Cream at 1:30. Don’t know if I’ll get a BG or not.

No BG for us this morning. I even had the atomic clock going. Oh well. I honestly think this whole process is dumb. When I came last January, there were BGs for 1-2 minutes, and I thought that was ridiculous. Them being gone within seconds is absurd IMO. I’ve been on the ride too. I had already told my husband and kids that we probably wouldn’t get a BG from what I’d read. None of them really seem to care either.

Well, it was a close shave. I'm at Yacht Club, using LTE and tried the trick I read where you watch the clock tick down on time.gov and clock join right at 6:59:59. That didn't work because I got the screen saying the queue want open yet, so I swiped down to reload and after the page reloaded (seemed like an eternity) clicked join. This was several seconds after my phone struck 7:00. We've got boarding group 62. Any idea when that get would be called? Also, how many groups are going in the morning these days? I wonder if 62 is one of the last ones for the 7am distribution.

Funniest experience was hearing people in other rooms all cheering right at the same moment. I'm glad I didn't have to head that after missing out.

Well, it was a close shave. I'm at Yacht Club, using LTE and tried the trick I read where you watch the clock tick down on time.gov and clock join right at 6:59:59. That didn't work because I got the screen saying the queue want open yet, so I swiped down to reload and after the page reloaded (seemed like an eternity) clicked join. This was several seconds after my phone struck 7:00. We've got boarding group 62. Any idea when that get would be called? Also, how many groups are going in the morning these days? I wonder if 62 is one of the last ones for the 7am distribution.

Funniest experience was hearing people in other rooms all cheering right at the same moment. I'm glad I didn't have to head that after missing out.

That’s weird because I joined right at 7am, clicked the people in my group to join, and it said it was already full. Oh well. Who knows?!?

That’s weird because I joined right at 7am, clicked the people in my group to join, and it said it was already full. Oh well. Who knows?!?
Do you have a park reservation today? If so, you shouldn’t have had to click your family and friends.

If you were just practicing, there’s no need to check them as they’ll be checked when you do have park pass reservations, so it’s better to practice same as how it’ll work for real.

Do you have a park reservation today? If so, you shouldn’t have had to click your family and friends.

If you were just practicing, there’s no need to check them as they’ll be checked when you do have park pass reservations, so it’s better to practice same as how it’ll work for real.

I meant that I clicked “continue” or “confirm” or whatever after they were checked for me. Then, I got a message that capacity had been reached or whatever when I tried to go to the next screen. Again, I did this at exactly 7am just to warn others.

I meant that I clicked “continue” or “confirm” or whatever after they were checked for me. Then, I got a message that capacity had been reached or whatever when I tried to go to the next screen. Again, I did this at exactly 7am just to warn others.
Ah gotcha, I was confused. Sorry it didn’t work out at 7. Mtfbwy at 2pm.

If the attraction is operating properly they've been calling from 15 to 18 bg per hour

That’s exactly what happened to me last week at Boardwalk. I was able to get a stand by BG at 2 PM and got called about 4 PM. So try again... I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!

BTW, you are correct that hitting join at exactly 7 AM does not guarantee you a BG. The system gets slammed... not just with people who actually want and need a BG that day but by all these people “practicing”. I understand people want to do this but I can’t help but believe this messes with those people who actually need a BG.

Same! I clicked exactly at 7:00:00 and clicked through the screens as fast as I could and still didn’t get in. Will try again at 2

I experience this same issue but others here have reassured me that my party will be auto selected when I go on my park reservation day. I’ve been successful practicing, but still nervous for my Dec trip.

We tried again at 2pm while standing in line for RnR. Out of the 100+ people around me, all seemed to be trying for the 2pm group too. I saw one group of 4 get it. Everyone else that I saw was swearing and talking about how ridiculous it was. Again, we go enough that my DS and DH will ride it eventually, and they didn’t care. This process needs to be overhauled IMO though because there are a lot of ppl who only go once every however many years, and this doesn’t seem right. I know what I’m doing as I’ve been on it before, and I still didn’t get a BG and neither did many others who all seemed to know what they were doing. I’d certainly think twice about going now if you aren’t a Disney frequent flyer and need to ride ROTR to complete the trip.

I just wanted to give honest feedback as I know this may be a HUGE deal to some. To show how uninvested my family is in riding it, they asked me to switch from HS to MK on the last day of our trip because they didn’t want to go back to HS even if they may have been able to ride ROTR. It was also the most crowded of the parks we’ve been to with the longest lines. Good luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!