READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We tried again at 2pm while standing in line for RnR. Out of the 100+ people around me, all seemed to be trying for the 2pm group too. I saw one group of 4 get it. Everyone else that I saw was swearing and talking about how ridiculous it was. Again, we go enough that my DS and DH will ride it eventually, and they didn’t care. This process needs to be overhauled IMO though because there are a lot of ppl who only go once every however many years, and this doesn’t seem right. I know what I’m doing as I’ve been on it before, and I still didn’t get a BG and neither did many others who all seemed to know what they were doing. I’d certainly think twice about going now if you aren’t a Disney frequent flyer and need to ride ROTR to complete the trip.

I just wanted to give honest feedback as I know this may be a HUGE deal to some. To show how uninvested my family is in riding it, they asked me to switch from HS to MK on the last day of our trip because they didn’t want to go back to HS even if they may have been able to ride ROTR. It was also the most crowded of the parks we’ve been to with the longest lines. Good luck everyone!
If there was a better system Disney would've implemented it already, they have been improving on the current bg system as it is, standby or fp won't work because of it's popularity and also because of how unpredictable the performance is on a day to day basis, and yes they are still working on fixing whatever it is that needs fixing for it to operate more efficiently, they have over night testing at least twice a week and happy to say there have been many days where it has worked without a hitch during the daytime so thankfully there has been some improvement
It'll be interesting to find out what happened with your experience, what phone or carrier, maybe that'll help others. As for the people around you many things could've happen, they might've been on wifi or stopped to read each page or refreshed, as you can see from reports here I would say about 99% of Dissers get a bg

I haven’t ridden RotR but, is there a possibility they could add plexiglass here too to increase capacity?

Not asking for any ride details, just a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ would be great.

I tried again at 2 pm after not getting a boarding group at 7 am. Was able to get backup group number 96 for a group of 6. The couple next to me (we were sitting right by the store right past oga’s) got group 85 for a party of 2.

At 2 pm, they were at groups 50 to 67. Group 96 was called at 417 pm, we got in line around 422 and was on the ride around 450. Amazing, best ride ever. Changed our park reservation for tomorrow from Epcot to Hollywood studios and going to try for a boarding group again!

Tried from our house in Windsor Palms. Got the join button and it pulled up our party of 4, but then it said all BG were full. That was a total of maybe 5 seconds after 7. Any chance we were too far away, or is that the same error sequence for those onsite?

Last edited:
Tried from our house in Windsor Palms. Got the join button and it pulled up our party of 4, but then said it all BG were full. That was a total of maybe 5 seconds after 7. Any chance we were too far away, or is that the same error sequence for those onsite?
distance is not the issue. Just click those join buttons as fast as they pop up, don't spend a second reading anything.

Staying in AKV-kidani. Got BG 12 this morning! So excited!!! Was on data (sat by balcony for most bars) on AT&T with an iPhone 12. I had only practiced about two times before but so glad for all the tops here. Cant wait to go this morning.

I’m going solo, but I’m wondering if I should have my family help me from home to get a BG. Each of my HS days I’ll obviously still be at my Airbnb, but I don’t know how good the WiFi will be (and I don’t have data). It’ll be 5 AM back home, but if multiple people are trying to get a BG for one person on one ticket, will it just keep the earliest one any of them got? (I hope that makes sense lol)
Yes have family help from home. They will need to sign into your MDE app as you. They will likely have much faster speeds from home than you will have at the park. You can all try at the same time for you; I got a BG twice for my BIL last month from our house here is Dallas, Texas! We got them BG 5 and then BG 1! We had supper fast speed tests on our home WiFi compared to what they were getting on cell or WiFi at the parks. They were trying too but we got them the groups from here.

If there was a better system Disney would've implemented it already, they have been improving on the current bg system as it is, standby or fp won't work because of it's popularity and also because of how unpredictable the performance is on a day to day basis, and yes they are still working on fixing whatever it is that needs fixing for it to operate more efficiently, they have over night testing at least twice a week and happy to say there have been many days where it has worked without a hitch during the daytime so thankfully there has been some improvement
It'll be interesting to find out what happened with your experience, what phone or carrier, maybe that'll help others. As for the people around you many things could've happen, they might've been on wifi or stopped to read each page or refreshed, as you can see from reports here I would say about 99% of Dissers get a bg

I think the system where you have to be in the park was better. It took longer than <1 second to fill up.

I was using LTE/data on my iPhone X with Verizon. We will be back in a few months and will try again then. I know this would be an unpopular thought, but maybe they should shut down the ride until they can get it fixed completely. I doubt there are a ton of “once in a lifetime” trips planned to WDW right now with all the reduced hours, no shows, parades, etc. Also, I’d rather the ride was shut down during my next trip but worked reliably for the one after that than all these downtimes it has.

I think the system where you have to be in the park was better. It took longer than <1 second to fill up.

I was using LTE/data on my iPhone X with Verizon. We will be back in a few months and will try again then. I know this would be an unpopular thought, but maybe they should shut down the ride until they can get it fixed completely. I doubt there are a ton of “once in a lifetime” trips planned to WDW right now with all the reduced hours, no shows, parades, etc. Also, I’d rather the ride was shut down during my next trip but worked reliably for the one after that than all these downtimes it has.
The bg started going faster once the app recognized the people in the park and pre selected them, not because of the 7am process. Many have voiced that opinion on closing it down, the attraction was delayed for months while they tried to iron out the kinks so that won't happen now, like i said they are running tests and diagnostics at least twice a week overnight and it has gotten better reliability. It's just too popular for the demand

Boarding Groups 5! :yay::flower1::yay:

Riviera
WiFi
DD 14’s iphone 11
My DS16 (Iphone X) and I (iphone 12) were on data.

Husband did the seconds countdown on the iPad since he forgot his cell phone at home:oops:

And we are FIRST in line at DHS too!!

Thank you everyone! Especially @yulilin3 for the awesomeness that is this thread of guidance!

Uber picked us up at 730 and when I said drop us off at Speedway he laughed and asked if we needed gas! I said now we’re going to Hollywood studios and heard this is a shortcut and he said let me do a U-turn and drop you off in the corner it’s faster. So she dropped us off on the corner so we just could walk the sidewalk down to the bridge and walk underneath! It was perfect and shorter! Of course we could have grabbed a coffee or something but we had breakfast the kitchen of our room so we didn’t need it!

After MMRR, what should we ride next?? SDD? Was hoping to do MMRR, SDD, TSM then MFSR, can we do all that before BG 5?

We rode MFSR at Disneyland, so could pass on it.

Third group in line at HS and Boarding Group 9 today - we’re slipping! 😂

My daughter got it again using Wi-Fi at the Riviera! Husband‘s phone arrived so he also was on Wi-Fi and my son and I were on data with the iPhone 12 and iPhone X. She has an iPhone 11.

We were able to ride Mickey and Minnie’s twice on Saturday because the new plexiglass made for 30 minute waits during the day. Love that ride! Hoping the same is true today!

Good morning! I've been around for awhile, but mostly on the DCL board. While I know all the ins and outs of cruising, I still have a lot to learn about WDW. Factor in all of the COVID-related changes, and I'm definitely feeling out of my depth. We just booked a trip for April, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to allocate our park passes. We were last at WDW in March 2019, before SWGE, so that is a big priority for us this time. I'll be traveling with DH and our 17yo DD, and we all have our hearts set on riding RotR. Here is my current thinking, although I would be very appreciative of any input those of you who are more experienced would care to share!

Tue, 4/6 - EP {We'll be driving to WDW in the morning from Jacksonville, where we'll be visiting family.}
Wed, 4/7 - HS
Thu, 4/8 - MK
Fri, 4/9 - AK
Sat, 4/10 - HS {Our flight home is from MCO at 4:20pm}

In this scenario, we have 3 chances to get a BG for RotR, although 4/10 could be dicey depending on how high a number we get. I'm toying with the idea of switching our arrival day to HS. I guess I'm just concerned that park hopping may be taken away again and then we'd be "stuck" with 3 days at HS and wouldn't get to visit Epcot. I will say that if we *had* to skip one park it would be Epcot, but we'd like to hit them all if possible.

Any and all input is appreciated. We'll be staying at YC in case that's a factor. :)

Last edited:
I'm toying with the idea of switching our arrival day to HS. I guess I'm just concerned that park hopping may be taken away again and then we'd be "stuck" with 3 days at HS and wouldn't get to visit Epcot.
Epcot reservations haven't been hard to get. I don't know if they'll be harder after Remi's opens (or if it will be open by April) but I'm guessing that you'd have no problem switching your reservation back to Epcot if park hopping did end up going away.

like i said they are running tests and diagnostics at least twice a week overnight and it has gotten better reliability.

This has been occurring for quite some time, as was factually pointed out to you back in August. You thought it was conjecture then, but it's good to see accurate information now being posted here. This a very complex ride and the CMs have worked very hard to improve its reliability.

Epcot reservations haven't been hard to get. I don't know if they'll be harder after Remi's opens (or if it will be open by April) but I'm guessing that you'd have no problem switching your reservation back to Epcot if park hopping did end up going away.

Thanks, provoaggie. DH says I'm overthinking this, but that's my specialty! 😂

Good morning! I've been around for awhile, but mostly on the DCL board. While I know all the ins and outs of cruising, I still have a lot to learn about WDW. Factor in all of the COVID-related changes, and I'm definitely feeling out of my depth. We just booked a trip for April, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to allocate our park passes. We were last at WDW in March 2019, before SWGE, so that is a big priority for us this time. I'll be traveling with DH and our 17yo DD, and we all have our hearts set on riding RotR. Here is my current thinking, although I would be very appreciative of any input those of you who are more experienced would care to share!

Tue, 4/6 - EP {We'll be driving to WDW in the morning from Jacksonville, where we'll be visiting family.}
Wed, 4/7 - HS
Thu, 4/8 - MK
Fri, 4/9 - AK
Sat, 4/10 - HS {Our flight home is from MCO at 4:20pm}

In this scenario, we have 3 chances to get a BG for RotR, although 4/10 could be dicey depending on how high a number we get. I'm toying with the idea of switching our arrival day to HS. I guess I'm just concerned that park hopping may be taken away again and then we'd be "stuck" with 3 days at HS and wouldn't get to visit Epcot. I will say that if we *had* to skip one park it would be Epcot, but we'd like to hit them all if possible.

Any and all input is appreciated. We'll be staying at YC in case that's a factor. :)
Since you're driving and can somewhat control when you get there, I would schedule HS on arrival day as you mentioned and even try for the Boarding Group before leaving (or on your way if already driving at 7), if you get it, check in with a cast member at RotR when you arrive and explain your situation. We had someone in here report last week that they got a BG before their flight left and was going to be in a similar situation. I never saw whether they had luck convincing a CM to let them ride.

If you are able to ride on that first day, then you could update Wednesday to be your Epcot day while keeping Saturday as another HS day. As for PH, I would be surprised if they took it away again. I think the main reason it wasn't available was the difficulty in implementing it with the park pass system and 25% capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter