READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had the same experience as you did, and the lady in line at the bus had the same thing happen to her. Somehow I was able to get BG 37 by repeatedly hitting the join button but I couldn’t get a BG for my husband. We were able to get him in by talking to a CM. What a mess, though. But at least I got a BG after failing to get one during our last three trips
good thing you kept trying! Hope you had a great day and enjoyed the ride!

good thing you kept trying! Hope you had a great day and enjoyed the ride!
The ride was great. Our group was called around 11am, just as they said it would be.

The CM that we talked to blamed us for the glitch. He said it glitched because both of us used our phones to get a BG at the same time. But I knew that what happened was something different.

Sounds like the ride is struggling this afternoon ☹️. I hope it's fixed soon for everyone that had to wait for a 1pm BG

Got BG at 1 after the glitch this morning. Return time estimate is 160 minutes.
Update: at 245 pm the return updated to 240 minutes as the ride is down. Today is not my day to ride ROTR I’m guessing.
Update: 330 and ride still down.

it was down this morning too, then again during lunch- I thought it had been running more consistently.

I think it is new.

It says you do not physically need to be in the park at 1pm to try joining a BG. That sounds new to me. I thought you needed to be inside HS for the 1pm.
You didn’t. It’s not new. As usual it’s DFB looking for clicks.

ETA: you DO have to enter DHS at some point before 1pm, but you don’t have to physically be there AT 1pm to get the BG.

ETA: you DO have to enter DHS at some point before 1pm, but you don’t have to physically be there AT 1pm to get the BG.

It might not be new in the parks, but might be new to some people who weren’t aware/might not follow closely. I go twice a year and didn’t know... but then again, I’ve only tried for a BG at 7am! 🙃

I wrote to DFB and asked them to verify. Thanks guys.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/star-wars-galaxys-edge/request-boarding-group-in-advance/
Ohhh. Had this been a known discrepancy? I must’ve missed that.

On WDW sight they’re still staying-

Guests with a valid ticket or Annual Pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to request access to the virtual queue starting at 7:00 AM on the day of their reservation. This can be done before you leave your Disney Resort hotel or on your way to the park. The virtual queue will reopen daily at 1:00 PM for anyone inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios who wasn’t already able to join a boarding group earlier in the day.
Note: Guests must be inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios to access this second virtual queue opportunity, and access to a boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed. Only Guests with a Disney Park Pass reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.

It might not be new in the parks, but might be new to some people who weren’t aware/might not follow closely. I go twice a year and didn’t know... but then again, I’ve only tried for a BG at 7am! 🙃

I wrote to DFB and asked them to verify. Thanks guys.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/star-wars-galaxys-edge/request-boarding-group-in-advance/
Ohhh. Had this been a known discrepancy? I must’ve missed that.

On WDW sight they’re still staying-

Guests with a valid ticket or Annual Pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to request access to the virtual queue starting at 7:00 AM on the day of their reservation. This can be done before you leave your Disney Resort hotel or on your way to the park. The virtual queue will reopen daily at 1:00 PM for anyone inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios who wasn’t already able to join a boarding group earlier in the day.
Note: Guests must be inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios to access this second virtual queue opportunity, and access to a boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed. Only Guests with a Disney Park Pass reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
It may not have been advertised that way, but it's how it's been working in practice for as long as I can remember. I'm not sure what caused DFB to throw this out there today (or maybe it was just a slow news day).

It may not have been advertised that way, but it's how it's been working in practice for as long as I can remember. I'm not sure what caused DFB to throw this out there today (or maybe it was just a slow news day).

Yeah I totally agree... and now that @Tom_E_D explained it, I get why you wouldn’t HAVE to be there, as long as you scan in at some point during the day. I just was assuming it was being enforced, somehow, by Disney to be in the park at 1. Thank you and thanks to everyone!

Seeing that my name has been mentioned in this thread, I guess I should post what I posted in the other thread:

The DFB article doesn't say that Disney has announced a change. It just says that they just discovered it can be done. It could probably have been done all along. Disney doesn't know when people leave the park. You don't have to swipe your magicband or ticket card when leaving. If you use your data plan, rather than Disney wifi, to book your RotR boarding group at 1:00 and have your cellphone location blocked, Disney doesn't know where you are. The DFB article says it can be done from anywhere on Disney property. I wouldn't be surprised if it could be done from off-property too. Disney may want people to actually still be in DHS at 1:00. But if they don't know where you are, . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter