READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it was wiggy this morning. The same thing happened to me and I've done it successfully several times. I got boarding group 39 a couple of days ago in the same amount of time with the same procedure as today, and groups showed as full this morning.

So what seems to be new is if you click on the boarding ground area for the ride it takes you to that ride overview screen I don't remeber that happening before.

I wonder if they updated so not the frantic tapping method is out. Will have to monitor and see.

Completely reinstalled app on my side just to be safe.

Got BG 45 for a friend this morning using the refresh method. Still not a huge fan of that way just because there’s a delay in hitting the join button has the page settles from being refreshed. But hey, success is success.

Got BG 45 for a friend this morning using the refresh method. Still not a huge fan of that way just because there’s a delay in hitting the join button has the page settles from being refreshed. But hey, success is success.
That's interesting because while I haven't been in person yet (9 days wooooooo!), I have been practicing every single day for weeks and hitting join never worked for me, only refresh did, I think every time but once.

So what seems to be new is if you click on the boarding ground area for the ride it takes you to that ride overview screen I don't remeber that happening before.

I wonder if they updated so not the frantic tapping method is out. Will have to monitor and see.

Completely reinstalled app on my side just to be safe.
I had this happen to me on my second HS day. I even had the join button on the screen, but the screen moved down like it was refreshing, so I failed. I was ok since I rode on our first day, but yeah, going to ride details page sucks when you're trying to get a BG.

I tried this morning for the 8th time. Each time in the park or at 7AM all with a park reservation. I've have tried both Wi-Fi only, cellular only and both on. I've tried from the Join button and from swipe down. It's always the same two results; there or no more boarding groups or it locks up in checking.

I no longer believe that Boarding Groups actually exist.

I tried this morning for the 8th time. Each time in the park or at 7AM all with a park reservation. I've have tried both Wi-Fi only, cellular only and both on. I've tried from the Join button and from swipe down. It's always the same two results; there or no more boarding groups or it locks up in checking.

I no longer believe that Boarding Groups actually exist.
Wow, that is definitely frustrating. What type of phone are you using? Have you done a speed test a few minutes before to see which is working faster?

Yeah you have an older phone, that might be it. Have you tried going to the GET CM and explain the situation?
I went to Customer Service while I was there today. They explained that if you have an iPhone older than 7 you are at a disadvantage and you will probably not get a boarding group. It has something to do with IOS. Disney is working to resolve this. I would have appreciated knowing this last September when I first started trying to get a group. I would have upgraded to a 7 or 8. I'll certainly have one before I go to Disney Studios again.

AS it is, I am worn out going to Disney Studios. I enjoy the rides there but how many times can you go and ride the same rides over again just because you have a park reservation to Disney Studios. I'm going to start going to the other parks for awhile.

Please help! We made an impulsive decision to go down tomorrow for a couple days just to ride a few things and see SWGE. But that means I don’t have much time to practice getting a boarding group.
DH and I both just practiced and now I’m confused (I’ve read all the stuff 😩) because our buttons never turned red. We counted down seconds on his Apple Watch. But I’ve noticed that sometimes the Disney app goes to the purple castle when you open it, however if you’ve opened it recently it saves the page you’ve been on (in this case it was the home page for me).
I tried to refresh the page by pulling down but nothing changed or “refreshed.”
Do we need to wait and not touch the app before 7:00?
Or did I mess up somewhere else?

buttons never turned red

They don't turn red.

Go to TIME.GOV to get your time countdown.

If doing the AT AT alignment method:
Once it hits 7:00 click join, click join at the next screen, then finally final join.

If doing pull down method:
Once it hits 7:00 pull down, click join when it refreshes, then finally final join.

Try this afternoon again

So far we’re 5 for 5. 2 last trip. 3 this trip, on Mon, Thurs & Fri. Method:
Turn off location services.
Used our Verizon data.
Searched the Beach Club hall for good signal.
Went into RotR in the MDE app, hit the first Join button and then opened My Queues.
Waited till right at 7am to hit Join, and one Join again.
Got BG 26, 40, and 54.
Guess we could’ve started at 6:59:59.125 to get a lower BG but that risks getting in early and needing to reload. All 3 of our BGs were called by noon.
Good luck! You can do it!

Also if you’re trying in HS for 1pm BG, the signal in GE is powerful.

Thank you! We will try again this afternoon. I was thinking the button was supposed to turn a color first, because I think I accidentally joined yesterday at 1:00. I was trying to research and didn’t know the time. I clicked join and then I swear some button was red somewhere (maybe the second page? or am I losing it?) and it let me pick myself and add all my family and click join again. Then I got an error message. Maybe I did it yesterday at 1:00 without realizing!

Thank you! We will try again this afternoon. I was thinking the button was supposed to turn a color first, because I think I accidentally joined yesterday at 1:00. I was trying to research and didn’t know the time. I clicked join and then I swear some button was red somewhere (maybe the second page? or am I losing it?) and it let me pick myself and add all my family and click join again. Then I got an error message. Maybe I did it yesterday at 1:00 without realizing!
remember no need to add your family whomever has a DHS park reservation will be pre selected. Do not stop to read anything, just click join, join...as fast as you can until you get a bg number. The process takes less than 3 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter