READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I wasn't the only one with glitch issues. I still think Disney dropped the ball and should make people stand in line. I could care less if its 4 ir 5 hours. Not gonna get any sympathy here, I had many days waiting with my younger kids.

Question for you guys...
We will be going to HS on Jan 21 but our flight doesn’t arrive until 1130am. Prob won’t get to the park until after 1pm. What would be the best strategy to get a boarding group? Should I try that morning at 7am and hope I get an afternoon group? I just hate to get an early group and then not be able to make it. What would you guys do?

Got a backup of 128. I went from ‘Ill just slowly go to Epcot today’ to ‘Well I’m awake and I don’t want to sit around for 3 hours back to DHS I go!’. So I didn’t try until 1 pm.

I’m guessing I probably have a couple of hours till I get called as long as nothing happens. They’re on 76. So I’m probably going to Skyliner over to Epcot and then come back.

50 groups should take a couple of hours min right? The apps not giving me an ETA for call back that’s why I ask.

Question for you guys...
We will be going to HS on Jan 21 but our flight doesn’t arrive until 1130am. Prob won’t get to the park until after 1pm. What would be the best strategy to get a boarding group? Should I try that morning at 7am and hope I get an afternoon group? I just hate to get an early group and then not be able to make it. What would you guys do?

This is hard. Because I was told by a CM that there being a bit lax about missing the tail end of the window due to the app not giving notifications. But I’m not sure how much leeway they would give. And the BGs go fast so I’m not sure what would be the best route.

Question for you guys...
An add on to this question since we’ll be in a similar boat when our flight lands at 11:00am. If I get a low 7:00am boarding group, can I cancel it and still be eligible for the in park 1:00pm boarding group?

An add on to this question since we’ll be in a similar boat when our flight lands at 11:00am. If I get a low 7:00am boarding group, can I cancel it and still be eligible for the in park 1:00pm boarding group?

Yes. This was what I was going to suggest to the PP.

Question for you guys...
If your flight doesn’t land until 11:30 I would recommend trying at 7am and see what you get. The chances of landing at 11:30 and being in DHS by 1:00 are pretty slim IMHO.

Question for you guys...
They will let you in

Went to try again today but as I went to click the second join, my stupid screen moved and I clicked somewhere else on the page that opened the ride info page 🤦‍♂️ Glad I already rode it once this trip, would have been a huge disappointment otherwise, lol.

Have fun everyone going today!

I got a BG this morning. After what felt like an eternity of my friends and family list populating though I was the only one checked even though my wife has a park pass too. Obviously I didn't want to waste seconds checking her so the BG is for myself only. I shouldn't have any problems getting her added by the GET correct?

I got a BG this morning. After what felt like an eternity of my friends and family list populating though I was the only one checked even though my wife has a park pass too. Obviously I didn't want to waste seconds checking her so the BG is for myself only. I shouldn't have any problems getting her added by the GET correct?
I never make absolute assumptions but the GET CM have been able to add family that were not automatically selected

Any idea what boarding group I should shoot for if we will arrive at the park by 2pm? Thanks so much.
You just try to get ANY BG at 7am. All BGs are gone within a couple of seconds so you don’t aim for a particular number.

Also, if you are not arriving at the park until 2pm, the only time you will be eligible to try for a BG is 7am. The 1pm drop is only for guests who have already checked into the park.

Thanks for your reply. Thankfully the GET CM added her for me. He was having trouble with it on his end (even asked if she had trouble scanning into the park) but was able to do it. Such an amazing attraction.

I never make absolute assumptions but the GET CM have been able to add family that were not automatically selected

Last edited:
Once they call your boarding group how much time do they allow you to get there.I have a ADR at prime time.

Any idea what boarding group I should shoot for if we will arrive at the park by 2pm? Thanks so much.
I think the estimate is 15 BG an hour? It would depend on park opening time, but I'd think anything over 80 might be ok? Like PP said, you can't really "aim" for a specific time. I assumed you were asking what number BG you'd hope to get in order to make it work out in your favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter