READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the estimate is 15 BG an hour? It would depend on park opening time, but I'd think anything over 80 might be ok? Like PP said, you can't really "aim" for a specific time. I assumed you were asking what number BG you'd hope to get in order to make it work out in your favor.
Yes. That’s exactly what I was wondering. Thanks!

Why did it get stuck on Create Your Party, after successfully joining in the first two steps? It just kept spinning with the message that it was Checking for Friends & Family. There was nobody listed in my Friends & Family. A valid park reservation and AP show in my account.

Why did it get stuck on Create Your Party, after successfully joining in the first two steps? It just kept spinning with the message that it was Checking for Friends & Family. There was nobody listed in my Friends & Family. A valid park reservation and AP show in my account.
This happened to me on a recent trip on my last HS day. It didn't happen on the other days I tried for a boarding group. I ended up with Group 68 when I was easily getting Group 2 on earlier attempts. My assumption was some sort of lag occurred with the Disney WiFi connection on that particular attempt.

Last edited:
This happened to me on a recent trip on my last HS day. It didn't happen on the other days I tried for a boarding group. I ended up with Group 68 when I was easily getting Group 2 on earlier attempts. My assumption was some sort of lag occurred with the Disney WiFi connection on that particular attempt.
I never did get a Boarding Group. It is still spinning.😕

Yes. That’s exactly what I was wondering. Thanks!
I would just accept whatever group you get at 7am and hope for the best.

Since a 1pm try isn’t an option for you due to flight arriving at 11:30, I’d recommend trying at 7, taking what you get and hoping it works out. If your BG time has already been called and expired when you arrive at the park you can ask at the ride entrance knowing the answer could go either way.

Just hoping to take some stress off you for things that are out of your control.

Cell data.
I cancelled out Park Pass for today and gave up.
My tests indicated WiFi was a better option for me and that worked on 3 previous attempts. I got Group 4 once and then Group 2 twice in a row. My forth attempt, where I had the lag, resulted in Group 68 which was called after I had left property for the airport. Maybe try to keep the WiFi connected if you have another HS reservation day. Just try to find a spot where the WiFi gives you a strong signal.

Just curious what you mean? I know you weren't asking me, but how would someone know if their app is up to date?
This is the current version. You go to the menu bar and click on help to see it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210111-202919_Disney World.jpg
    Screenshot_20210111-202919_Disney World.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 62
Meant to share this prior to midnight...

On this day 1 year ago (and a few hours)... we set a then BG record for the chart. Man do I miss the “before times”. We’re headed back to WDW in 2 weeks and hoping to once again score a boarding group!
1578876400097-png.464627

chart-one-more-time-gif.464628
the-chart-is-coming-gif.464629

1578891376789-png.464696

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...
WE HAVE SET A NEW RECORD FOR BOARDING GROUPS PER HOUR!!
12.3!!!
MOST EFFICIENT DAY YET!!
you-did-it-gif.464632

Last edited:
Meant to share this prior to midnight...

On this day 1 year ago (and a few hours)... we set a then BG record for the chart. Man do I miss the “before times”. We’re headed back to WDW in 2 weeks and hoping to once again score a boarding group!
Wooo the chart! 🤣. Heading home now, but glad I was able to score a boarding group. I’m sure you’ll get one too!

I kind of miss those days

Still say the best day I've had (as a local) at Disney was when I went to ride Rise for the first time. I think it was a week after opening, and it was when you could get a BG the moment you scanned in. They let us in around 630, I did almost all of HS including rise by 9am. Them went to epcot for a bit

I have read and read the threads, there's a lot of info on ROTR. Just to be clear, at 7 am, from my room at Bay Lake Tower, I can attempt to get a boarding group by using the MDE app, and best not to use Disney wifi to do it? We are going to try to go on Sunday. I already have a park reservation and park tickets for HS that day.

I have read and read the threads, there's a lot of info on ROTR. Just to be clear, at 7 am, from my room at Bay Lake Tower, I can attempt to get a boarding group by using the MDE app, and best not to use Disney wifi to do it? We are going to try to go on Sunday. I already have a park reservation and park tickets for HS that day.
Read posts 1 and 2 in great detail. Some find park wifi better and some use data. It's best to do a speed test.

Boarding groups will be filled in 2-3 seconds so it's worth taking the time to fully read as much as you can of the first 2 posts and the last 10 pages as there is a lot of great information already here. And, the more you can practice between now and Sunday, the better your chances of securing a boarding group.

Read posts 1 and 2 in great detail. Some find park wifi better and some use data. It's best to do a speed test.

Boarding groups will be filled in 2-3 seconds so it's worth taking the time to fully read as much as you can of the first 2 posts and the last 10 pages as there is a lot of great information already here. And, the more you can practice between now and Sunday, the better your chances of securing a boarding group.
When I was at AoA on Friday last week, cell data was coming in at 50+ Mbps at 530am, but an hour later it was down to 15 Mbps. In room WiFi was consistently mid 20’s, so I used WiFi and got group 27.

So this morning when clicking to join instead of actually joining it brought up the ride overview page.

Was it possible I was just to early? I backed out to the 2nd join page again and when clicking join when back to that screen again.

Or is that what happens when too late as well?

Nervous now as it's my first missed boarding group since my first one practicing.

Screenshot_20210114-060350_Disney World.jpg

So this morning when clicking to join instead of actually joining it brought up the ride overview page.

Was it possible I was just to early? I backed out to the 2nd join page again and when clicking join when back to that screen again.

Or is that what happens when too late as well?

Nervous now as it's my first missed boarding group since my first one practicing.

View attachment 550086
I think that it was wiggy this morning. The same thing happened to me and I've done it successfully several times. I got boarding group 39 a couple of days ago in the same amount of time with the same procedure as today, and groups showed as full this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter