READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
9:20am the backup bg closed with 103 and above being backup
So, if you entered the park and completed the VQ entry within 2 hrs 20 mins from park open today, you very likely got to ride at some point (BG 161 just called and there's 3.5 hours still to go). No guarantees, of course, but gives hope to the (slightly) later risers.

Last edited:
Just some more notes from today: We were on park WiFi when we got our boarding passes by hard closing and then opening app right at 7, and got 21 after confirming 4 riders. When son and mom got off rider switch ROTR at 10:18 we went to JTA signups. Had choice of anytime after 1pm and signed eldest up for 2:20 because we had Droid and Oga reservations before then. Rode Star Tours with FP at 10:35 and son chosen as rebel spy first time ever! Ordered mobile order for Dock 7 at noon and it was ready instantly when we walked over from finishing droids. Vegetarian dish was really good I was shocked. Asked to wait for booth at Ogas because we had 3 year old and to our shock and surprise were seated instantly. Fuzzy Tauntaun was a lot of fun. Kids were wearing Kylo and Darth masks all day and a Storm Trooper told them their loyalty to the first order was appreciated. Waited until 5pm to queue for Smugglers, posted wait was 55 minutes but we were 40 before we got our assignments. Son and I were pilots! I thought he did pretty well. All in all, a great if soggy day in Batuu! Now to sleep for the next 12 hours. Til the spire!

We are going to be a party of 3. I understand be there at rope drop. As soon as we are all thru the turnstiles, do all 3 of us access our MDE account and attempt to get a BG assignment? Or only one of us?

We are going to be a party of 3. I understand be there at rope drop. As soon as we are all thru the turnstiles, do all 3 of us access our MDE account and attempt to get a BG assignment? Or only one of us?
BG's open at official park open now (you must also be through the tapstiles). Whomever in your group has authority to assign fast passes for everyone else can do the same to claim the BG for your party.

BG's open at official park open now (you must also be through the tapstiles). Whomever in your group has authority to assign fast passes for everyone else can do the same to claim the BG for your party.

Can more than one person be logged into the same MDE account?

No one in my group has their own MDE account, so am I the only one that could grab BGs for us all?

Can more than one person be logged into the same MDE account?

No one in my group has their own MDE account, so am I the only one that could grab BGs for us all?
Yes other people can log in with the same account but obviously only one will be able to sign everyone up
For example my DD and I were there and tried to join a bg with my same account, my DD got through first on her phone

There are 10 of us. Is there a limit to the size of a BG? Should we break into two?
BGs are projected around 100 in size so shouldn't be necessary to break up. In fact, breaking into two could result in substantially different BGs.

Last edited:
What do people mean by a hard close of the app? Do you mean completely logging out?
I mean I swipe it out on IOS so that when I tap it again it goes through the whole opening process. But I did not have to login today, maybe because I used the app a lot yesterday.

What do people mean by a hard close of the app? Do you mean completely logging out?
Totally shutting the app down and relaunching it isn't a requirement -- it's just unclear how long after the VQ window opens that the app will update the "Join Boarding Group" to from gray to red (clickable) status on its own. Some guests just feel more comfortable launching the app fresh, immediately after the clock reaches official open.

Just reporting boarding Group 166 when I looked at the app at 9:59pm (no range). So I'm guessing everyone got to ride who got any sort of a boarding group. Not bad!

Sayhello
Did they cut of the line at 10pm? So it’s really not running during PM Emh? I was hoping maybe they’d run a few more BG on Sunday.

Did they cut of the line at 10pm? So it’s really not running during PM Emh? I was hoping maybe they’d run a few more BG on Sunday.
According to the app, they stopped at 10pm. When it hit 10pm, the boarding group numbers got blanked out. So it appears they really aren't running it during PM EMH. Unless they aren't using boarding groups, but I doubt that.

Sayhello

Not sure I’m in the right place but I’m hopeful someone here can clarify for me. Can you still go into the land without being in a boarding group? We will be there January 5 and I can not imagine a world in which our family wakes up early enough to be there before park open so I’m not expecting to get to ride at this point but I’d really like my hubby and boys to be able to experience the land.

Boarding groups are only to ride Rise of the Resistance. Galaxy’s Edge is open to all park guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter