READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm addicted to this thread. Partially because of the drama of it all, and also, because I'm terrified of when I go Sunday of Marathon weekend. That is going to be such a tricky thing, especially since I'll need to drive to HS. Does anyone know how HS is normally impacted during the full Marathon that starts at 5am at EPCOT, but goes through HS at the end.
I am totally with you. We will be at HS on Marathon weekend Sunday, too! We will be on a bus or the Skyliner from Pop Century. I am hoping that the Marathon will not affect park traffic too much. It will be fun to see people running though and cheer them on!

As long as you know the official park opening time and that you get to the tapstiles at least 30 mins prior you probably won't need to do any more research. Maybe check in once here. We'll be there then too. Am very interested to see if they move opening time to 7am on those days. GL!
I think this is a good plan, based on our experience this past week. We arrived about 615 on Thursday on the POP bus and got through easily with BG 17. On Friday, we decided to risk it and aimed for the 615 bus. We couldn't get on the first bus because two very large family groups with ECVs came up. They literally cut it off at us so we were the first in line for the next bus, which seemed like it took forever. During that time two double busses showed up for MK and they both left half empty! We got to HS at 645, the lines were still long past the ticket booths so we went to the right. My finger scan was finicky, and didn't tap in until 701. Maybe closer to 702 by the time my husband tapped in but still got BG 38. We used data, T mobile and just went back to the main MDE screen to refresh on Thursday. I started refreshing at 655 just in case. On Friday it was already up, so I selected the second my husband's tap in changed to green.

Does anyone have advice or tips to make sure the app recognizes that everyone has entered the park? Don’t want to have that rude surprise at 7am! Should we make a pit stop before the BGs open with one of the blue shirts to make sure it is showing up properly?

If I am going during the week of Christmas and it opens at 6am, do I still need to be there before park opening? If so, how early?

If I am going during the week of Christmas and it opens at 6am, do I still need to be there before park opening? If so, how early?
If they are opening BG at the official opening time then you will want to be inside the park or almost close to the tapstiles by 6am. SO I would say no later than 5:30am. Now if you don't care how late you join a BG then you could show up at opening time. Today all BG were filled by 7:15am with an official opening at 7am

Does anyone have advice or tips to make sure the app recognizes that everyone has entered the park? Don’t want to have that rude surprise at 7am! Should we make a pit stop before the BGs open with one of the blue shirts to make sure it is showing up properly?
As long as you are through the tapstiles at least 5 minutes beforehand you should be ok. When we arrived after open yesterday and tried to join a BG immediately, it wouldn’t recognize either of us were in the park. So we hit up a GR CM and they were able to assign us a BG.

If they are opening BG at the official opening time then you will want to be inside the park or almost close to the tapstiles by 6am. SO I would say no later than 5:30am. Now if you don't care how late you join a BG then you could show up at opening time. Today all BG were filled by 7:15am with an official opening at 7am
Worth clarifying that the initial BGs were filled by 7:15. As yulilin3 posted earlier, the backups were available until 9:20am, and there is a very good chance that most (maybe even all) backups will board today given good ride performance (around 13 groups per hour).

Last edited:
Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask. If park opens at 8am, do guests enter at that time or slightly earlier? If we have an adr at 8am will we get in ahead of the crowd or still at 8am, if so when boarding groups open will we be in a better place to get an early one. Hope this makes sense

Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask. If park opens at 8am, do guests enter at that time or slightly earlier? If we have an adr at 8am will we get in ahead of the crowd or still at 8am, if so when boarding groups open will we be in a better place to get an early one. Hope this makes sense
The park has been opening earlier but the bg and attractions are opening at opening time

we went on Thursday and Friday. Got on the bus at WL at 7:01 both mornings and at HS by 6:15. Got into the park by 6:40. On Wed to took about 45 seconds for my app to work and got BG 53. We were called around 10:40. ON Friday my app worked before everyone around me and I got BG 22. They did not start BGG until about 9:40 I think but we were called fairly quickly as they started with BG. 15. Hoping for tomorrow morning early BG again.

Ok, I might have missed it in the previous 25 pages, but how do BGs work if you have an Oga's ADR? The day we plan to hit up SW:GE we aren't getting there until about 2pm (coming from a morning at Epcot), and our ADR is at 3pm. We're not going until beginning of February, so of course this whole system might be different by then. I'm just trying to figure it out.

Ok, I might have missed it in the previous 25 pages, but how do BGs work if you have an Oga's ADR? The day we plan to hit up SW:GE we aren't getting there until about 2pm (coming from a morning at Epcot), and our ADR is at 3pm. We're not going until beginning of February, so of course this whole system might be different by then. I'm just trying to figure it out.
As things are now--and of course they could change--but if you don't get to DHS until 2 p.m., you're not getting a BG. Period. The BGs have all been filled at a maximum of 1 hour after park opening. This morning they were filled in 15 minutes.

we went on Thursday and Friday. Got on the bus at WL at 7:01 both mornings and at HS by 6:15. Got into the park by 6:40. On Wed to took about 45 seconds for my app to work and got BG 53. We were called around 10:40. ON Friday my app worked before everyone around me and I got BG 22. They did not start BGG until about 9:40 I think but we were called fairly quickly as they started with BG. 15. Hoping for tomorrow morning early BG again.
You must mean you got the bus at 6:01, but if you did get the bus at 7:01, I want to know how you did it so I can do it too! :)

As things are now--and of course they could change--but if you don't get to DHS until 2 p.m., you're not getting a BG. Period. The BGs have all been filled at a maximum of 1 hour after park opening. This morning they were filled in 15 minutes.
I guess I'm confused then. So my ADR means nothing?

The boarding group is for Rise of the Resistance the ride not the whole land so no your ADR has no impact on getting a boarding group for the ride.
Oh my gosh! seriously??? geez, I thought the VQ was like what they did in Disneyland when the land opened where it was a BG for just entering the land. Well that's a relief! I really want to ride RotR of course, but I can't change all of my plans around to get there early in the morning with my 4 year old just to ride RotR. I'll be happy to ride MF and explore the land. Thanks for clearing that up!

Oh my gosh! seriously??? geez, I thought the VQ was like what they did in Disneyland when the land opened where it was a BG for just entering the land. Well that's a relief! I really want to ride RotR of course, but I can't change all of my plans around to get there early in the morning with my 4 year old just to ride RotR. I'll be happy to ride MF and explore the land. Thanks for clearing that up!
They did do that at wdw when the land opened as well however this ride has several difficulties and in order for Disney to control access they now use the boarding groups just for the ride itself. You may want to try for a backup boarding group. You aren’t guaranteed to get to ride but at the very least it gives you a chance and you don’t have to be there at 6AM to do so. There is more info about that in this thread.

They did do that at wdw when the land opened as well however this ride has several difficulties and in order for Disney to control access they now use the boarding groups just for the ride itself. You may want to try for a backup boarding group. You aren’t guaranteed to get to ride but at the very least it gives you a chance and you don’t have to be there at 6AM to do so. There is more info about that in this thread.
Thank you! I feel like such a dummy that I thought this whole time it was for the land and not just the ride. I will read up more about the backup BGs and follow along to see if this all changes before I arrive in early February.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter