Rachel & Chauncey-SBP/Morocco 12/08/09 Updated 6/10 TR IS DONE!!!!

Hello

Just read you Pj I love you engagement oh so much thought in to it just lovely that you are got engaged and getting married in the same place :D
I love your invites as well

looking forward to more :D

Hello

Just read you Pj I love you engagement oh so much thought in to it just lovely that you are got engaged and getting married in the same place :D
I love your invites as well

looking forward to more :D

Hey thanks for stopping in! I remember reading your engagement story, so cute! Nice to see another SBP bride :thumbsup2

i love the idea of a photo frame board for your guest book kinda thing!! its great!!!

you seem to have been very busy - yay for you- and yay for getting a planner now- all the fun will start now choosing things ..woo!

Wow your invites are wonderful! I love the colorscheme!!!!!! Michaels has many color ribbons in greens and blues for a dollar this week!!

i love the idea of a photo frame board for your guest book kinda thing!! its great!!!

you seem to have been very busy - yay for you- and yay for getting a planner now- all the fun will start now choosing things ..woo!

Thanks! It's crazy even with Escape weddings how much stuff still needs to be done.

Wow your invites are wonderful! I love the colorscheme!!!!!! Michaels has many color ribbons in greens and blues for a dollar this week!!

Oh, thanks for the tip. Ribbon would come in handy for decorating the jars for the candy buffet. :thumbsup2

Hia everyone. Just a quick update, not really wedding related but I wanted to share anyways. My lovely cat, Alex lost his battle with the virus we found out he had earlier in the week. He was starting to get fluid in his lungs so we took him to the vet this morning and he is now in kitty heaven. :sad1: He was a great pet and he will be missed terribly by everyone. :guilty:

n27302723_33810769_3335.jpg

aww he is in kitty heaven. He will have lots of fun up there!! I have two cats, and they are getting very old too.

Alex's fur was a lovely colour i must say. :flower3:

Well after the week I've had I do have some good news! DF and I took an invite to my dad and brother and they're actually excited to go! I was worried because my dad is getting up there in age and was concerned that he'd think he's not up to traveling that far. They won't be flying because my dad has an ear problem and he can't handle the air pressure but no biggie they can just drive. So at least now I know my dad will be there to walk me down the aisle. :thumbsup2

So sorry to hear about your loss, hope your doing ok:hug:
Thats great that your dad will be at the wedding now though!

Well after the week I've had I do have some good news! DF and I took an invite to my dad and brother and they're actually excited to go! I was worried because my dad is getting up there in age and was concerned that he'd think he's not up to traveling that far. They won't be flying because my dad has an ear problem and he can't handle the air pressure but no biggie they can just drive. So at least now I know my dad will be there to walk me down the aisle. :thumbsup2

oh i am so glad you have had some good news yay for you and for your dad being there

So sorry to hear about your loss, hope your doing ok:hug:
Thats great that your dad will be at the wedding now though!

Thanks. I'm hanging in there, it's just gonna take time. It is great that my dad is coming to the wedding, so I'll have all my close family there.

We have our first phone consultation with our planner, Kathleen this coming Monday. I'm planning on having a list of questions to ask her, but does anyone else have any tips or suggestions on how to best use our 30 minutes we'll have on the phone?

Update time!

I've had one friend give me a final answer and she and her DF will not be able to come to our wedding, which is totally fine. One other is 99.99% sure she will be going so I will have at least one bridesmaid. My uncle has also confirmed he's going, but his GF and his youngest daughter (my youngest cousin) are on the fence due to school schedule. My other cousin (said uncle's oldest daughter) and her DF are pretty sure they won't be able to go but she'd said she's let us know. So right now we have 4 spots being held by maybes :confused3 Ahh, who knew this would be so hard?

On the plus side, I talked to the bridal shop I ordered my dress through and they said my dress would be in on the 17th! :banana: :banana: :banana: Once it comes in to them then all I have to do is pay the balance and then they'll ship it to me (it's in Cincinnati which is 2 hours away). I'm so excited!

DF and I just got off the phone with our planner, Kathleen about an hour ago. She was so nice! She answered all of our questions and was able to make it feel like our wedding is even more real! I've put in a request for either Joe or Amy as our photographer and that we'd like to do the UK and Germany pavilions for our EPCOT portrait session. Also, we've been trying to come up with some sort of "reception" so I think we might be an Illuminations dessert party the night of our wedding. She's going to check on availability for the Morocco pavilion and send us the menu.

Now I'm just waiting to hear from Rosie about decor and floral. We're going to do the sand ceremony and Kathleen said she'd put in a request for a cocktail type table and that we can buy the set through them.

Hopefully I'll have all my bridesmaids in place by the end of the month so we can start getting their dresses in order.

That's it for now!

Man time flies when you're having fun, it almost felt like spring outside today :thumbsup2 Quite a change after the freezing cold we've been living with for the last 3 months or so.

Anyways, I got an email from Jennifer and Rosie and hopefully I'll be chatting with them next week. Kathleen sent us the info for the desert party and I think we're gonna do that as our "reception". Since the wedding is at noon, we're gonna leave everyone to go do whatever and then meet back at Epcot that evening. I think we're gonna do the brownie menu, not only because it's the cheapest but the menu I like the best too (I love brownies!) I'm gonna find myself a dress to wear that evening since I don't want to wear my wedding dress, which means shopping :woohoo:

I think that's it for now, at least till I talk to Jennifer next week.

Well I got an email from Jennifer and I guess Rosie is booked till April! So I have an appointment for a phone consultation with her in early April. We'll also book our dessert party in April since they can't be done till 8 months out. Does anyone know what happens if we don't have the 20 person minimum for the desert party? Or if we don't have enough from our wedding guest list can we invite other people to the desert party (even if they weren't at the wedding) so that we meet the 20 person minimum? I've had another friend give me a definite no since she's planning on starting med school in the fall and is currently unemployed (she works at the high school we both went to and is off for the summer). Right now we have 10 definite "yes's" and 6 "maybe's" plus 2 open spots :confused:

I think you can have less then 20 people for a dessert party, I remember Carrie (lurkyloo) saying that you can have as few as 6 or 8, you just have to change location... not sure if thats an option for you or not though Rachel?? The brownie menu sounds fab! I really wish I could have a dessert party as well, but I think I am at my limit for Disney parties for the next year lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!