Rachel & Chauncey-SBP/Morocco 12/08/09 Updated 6/10 TR IS DONE!!!!

Mini-update!

I mailed out the form for Rev. Jack Day along with a copy of our ceremony today. I took the examples he mailed us and combined the parts I liked into a ceremony we both liked. I typed it out as a word document and saved a copy so if he thinks any changes need to be made I've got it.

Our guest list is still fleshing out. My cousin and another friend have given us firm "no's" so we've asked both of Chauncey's cousins if they want to go. One has already given a resounding "yes" and is even going to be a bridesmaid, and her husband will be one of DF's groomsmen. So now we have 2 people on each side. The other cousin isn't sure yet so we have yet another "maybe/we'll let you know" on our list which now makes 6 :confused: I'm really hoping to get the list finalized by the end of the month but we'll see.

I also found some glassware at Goodwill the other day that I think will work well for the candy buffet for our at-home reception along with a couple of flutes I think we'll be using as our toasting glasses. I'll try and get some pictures of them up once I get the batteries for my camera charged :thumbsup2

Hi there! Just read your PJ! Sounds awesome so far! I love the saphire, very nice! Sounds like your Df is a keeper!

I think with the dessert parties if you have less than 20 guests, they just charge you a fee of some sort, to make up for the lack of 20. You CAN invite more people to the DP if you want, even if they dont go to the ceremony.

Your guest list issue with all the maybes and unknowns is my fear at the moment. lol. We have a big immediate family, and I know most of them will say maybe and then not come at the last minute. So hard to predict! I have other people I would like to invite if the fam cant all come!

Hi there! Just read your PJ! Sounds awesome so far! I love the saphire, very nice! Sounds like your Df is a keeper!

I think with the dessert parties if you have less than 20 guests, they just charge you a fee of some sort, to make up for the lack of 20. You CAN invite more people to the DP if you want, even if they dont go to the ceremony.

Your guest list issue with all the maybes and unknowns is my fear at the moment. lol. We have a big immediate family, and I know most of them will say maybe and then not come at the last minute. So hard to predict! I have other people I would like to invite if the fam cant all come!

Hi! I did send Kathleen an email asking about the DP and she said that Morocco is actually broken into two sets of 10 so if we're under the 20 she'll be able to adjust it for us so that we don't have to move locations (or at least that's how I understand it). Luckily she doesn't need an exact number until the balance for our wedding is due a month before the wedding. However I don't want to be waiting that long. I have people I can ask that I'm pretty sure they'll come but I don't want to be waiting till the last minute they've already made plans. It'll work out eventually but I'm such a planner and I hate not knowing. Oh well....

Thanks for reading! :thumbsup2

Quick update!

The bridal shop called today and they have my dress! So I'll call them tomorrow and give them my payment info to pay off the balance and then they'll ship it to me! Yeah!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

So today Chauncey and I had some engagement pictures taken courtesy of my fantastic and amazing mother. We went to downtown Indianapolis and took advantage of the lovely weather. We took pictures at IUPUI (where we both graduated and first met), the canal area and Lucas Oil Stadium cause we're both Colts fans.

IUPUI

DSC_1929.jpg

DSC_1934.jpg

DSC_1938.jpg

Room IT270 where we had class together

DSC_1942.jpg

The canal

DSC_1959.jpg

DSC_1960.jpg

DSC_1963.jpg

DSC_1974.jpg

DSC_1996.jpg

DSC_2026.jpg

DSC_2037.jpg

Lucas Oil Stadium

DSC_2045.jpg

DSC_2049.jpg

DSC_2051.jpg

DSC_2056.jpg

DSC_2059.jpg

the football pics rock! I also love the one of you guys on the bridge (at least I think it's a bridge, your both looking out:confused3). They look awesome, very comfortable and at ease:goodvibes

I knew my dress was on its way so I've been anxiously watching my doorstep. So yesterday when I got home there was a notice on the door from UPS stating that they had tried to make a delivery but since no one was there to sign for it they'd rescheduled for the next day.:headache: Well I knew that there still wouldn't be anyone home so I quickly jumped on UPS.com and arranged to have my dress at the local UPS center for me to pick-up by hand.

So today I was scheduled at work till 6, and you can only pick-up till 6:30, so I managed to escape work 10 minutes early which was a good thing because rush hour traffic was still in full force and the center was over 20 minutes away. Luckily I was able to maneuver traffic and made it with 10 minutes to spare. So now I have my dress! :cool1:

DSCN4045.jpg

DSCN4046.jpg

DSCN4047.jpg

The best part is it fits! I was so worried since I have put on about 10 pounds since I ordered it back in September (the joys of being a kid of a cop, I love doughnuts ;) ) I'll definitely need proper undergarments to keep things smooth but beyond that it's perfect. I'll only need a bustle put in at some point but I've still got some time. But for now I can relax, my dress is here! :woohoo:

Hi Rachel! I just found your PJ and I'm so excited!!! You and I are getting married on the same day! We'll be at Wedding Pavilion at 5pm!

Congratulations on your engagement! Everything you've planned looks great so far . . . I look foward to seeing more of your plans as they come along.

Just 36 1/2 weeks to go :-)

I love you dress!! It looks amazing on you, the bottom is my fave part, it is so much fun!:goodvibes You look stunning girl!:yay:

hey you!

the dress is fab, it really looks great on you and looks like it fits prefectly! you look sooo happy in the photos too! See what a beautiful dress does to a woman!!

I visited SBP on the 5th, and it was really stunning (im not sure if you have seen it) i have photos and i will be uploading them soon as part of a little tr. SBP is just so perfect, an old couple were walking along it when we was there with Diane and they were saying ''wow i cant believe we have never seen this before, its so elegant and beautiful' and i really wanted to join in thier convo and say 'im getting married here next year because its sooo pretty here and i love it so much!!'

Anyways, yay for your dress!!

Love your dress! I think it looks soo unique and I love the bottom.

Thanks, I think the bottom is one of the best features (that and how fab it makes my rear look :rotfl: )

Hi Rachel! I just found your PJ and I'm so excited!!! You and I are getting married on the same day! We'll be at Wedding Pavilion at 5pm!

Congratulations on your engagement! Everything you've planned looks great so far . . . I look foward to seeing more of your plans as they come along.

Just 36 1/2 weeks to go :-)

Yeah a date twin! Maybe DF (well he'll be DH by then!) will try and get a sneak peak at you at the WP. I can't believe how fast time is going, 36 1/2 weeks :scared1:

I love you dress!! It looks amazing on you, the bottom is my fave part, it is so much fun!:goodvibes You look stunning girl!:yay:

Thanks!

hey you!

the dress is fab, it really looks great on you and looks like it fits prefectly! you look sooo happy in the photos too! See what a beautiful dress does to a woman!!

I visited SBP on the 5th, and it was really stunning (im not sure if you have seen it) i have photos and i will be uploading them soon as part of a little tr. SBP is just so perfect, an old couple were walking along it when we was there with Diane and they were saying ''wow i cant believe we have never seen this before, its so elegant and beautiful' and i really wanted to join in thier convo and say 'im getting married here next year because its sooo pretty here and i love it so much!!'

Anyways, yay for your dress!!

Hey! I certainly have been to SBP, that's where DF proposed and I LOVE IT! It's such a unique and beautiful location yet so many people probably just walk by it (I know I had on previous trips), it's like a hidden treasure. (So don't tell anyone, it'll be our secret ;) )

Thanks everyone for all the kind comments!

No real updates right now. Chauncey's fighting a really bad cold/sinus infection so we've been taking it easy. I have ordered my veil and it arrived yesterday, but I'm at Chauncey's and won't be back at my house till tomorrow. I'll take pics though once I get home from work. We'll also be putting the deposit down on our desert party next week so then we can start planning the menu and fun stuff like that. Beyond, nothing new right now.

just had to pop in and say HI!

Love your dress! It is very pretty and flattering on you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter