Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Hello fellow Quackers. Just popping into say a quick hello. As always, I have been trying to keep up with the thread as much as I can.
Lots of transitions happening in our house with the start of summer break. My kids were actually done on the 26th, so they have already cleared one week of summer break. It's already going too fast.
I will try to post more soon but I have a Question of the Day...
What do you to repel gnats, mosquitoes, and other annoying insects? The gnats are AWFUL where I live this year and none of the "normal" stuff I usually use is even getting them to blink. I've tried natural bug spray, not so natural bug spray, vanilla, absorbing jr., just to name a few. NOTHING is doing the trick. It's making ball games, pool time, and being outside in general miserable. So, please let me know what you use to keep the bugs at bay.

Good evening everyone.

I have had a busy week so popped into n every now and then but no time to cat up. Yesterday was really busy. First I went with my mom and another woman from church to buy new stoves for the church kitchen. What we have noew is from the 1950’s and seen better days. We were fortunate enough to find two that matched. Then a ball game for Anthony and the graduation dinner for Ella and her friends. That was a pleasant time.

i went to bed when I got home. Within 2 hours I was so sick I thought I was dying. I caught a nasty stomach bug and spent the night in the bathroom. Thankfully my husband was there when I needed him. I still feel off but somewhat better. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be back to my old self. only have the graduation Friday then full last minute planning for Disney.

@frog3101 - I use Off most of the time. When I can find an Avon representative I get there skin so soft. When my brother was in the marines at Parris island that was what they were told to use and he said it really worked at keeping the bugs away

Have a good night all

Last edited:

Frog Good to hear from you. For biting pests we use Off.

@TazDev I hope you are feeling better. Have fun planning your Disney trip.

Good morning. Another cold morning for this time of year. It is 50 now with temps going into the low 60s. I visited with Jeff and family yesterday. It was fun to play games with the grandkids. Sam helped Mama put groceries away. She had the bags on the floor and he just went into them and started pulling out stuff and handing it to others to put away. He was looking for his favorite snacks. He is getting so big and looking more like a toddler than a baby.

Time for work. Have a good day.

:ccat::ccat:@lynxstch - I'm so glad your little Bug came back!!! :cat::ccat::ccat:

@TazDev - sorry about your bug!

Question of the Day...
What do you to repel gnats, mosquitoes, and other annoying insects? The gnats are AWFUL where I live this year and none of the "normal" stuff I usually use is even getting them to blink. I've tried natural bug spray, not so natural bug spray, vanilla, absorbing jr., just to name a few. NOTHING is doing the trick. It's making ball games, pool time, and being outside in general miserable. So, please let me know what you use to keep the bugs at bay.
We have Mosquito Ranger spray our yard. This part of the country is prone to ticks that carry Lyme disease, plus several recent years have had EEE warnings, etc. so we get nervous. I'm not sure it it takes care of gnats as well.

Check Bug for fleas and ticks. I've been spending a load of time outdoors and have been bitten twice by ticks. One dog tick and one deer tick. DD had to get the deer tick off my back.
I did check her thoroughly as soon as she came in. She is a very 'thin' furred cat as it is, so it was easy to see anything. I combed her and brushed her. I may give her a bath today, just to be sure. But that's for the reminder.

Good morning. Bright and sunny again. Was down to 48 overnite, heading for 80. Chance of a 'maybe' storm tomorrow, I'll believe it when I see it. I went to put my little garden fences around our magnolia and canterbury bushes yesterday, and the ground is so hard I couldn't even get them in. Will try again after some rain.

QOTD about outdoor pests Another vote for Off or Avon Skin so Soft. I still have several bottles I had stocked up on. I don't know why it works, but it does.

@bobbiwoz Glad Tom is feeling better, and I hope you get over yours quickly.

@Judique Sounds like the party was a lot of fun

@flyingdumbo127 Glad Dad is feeling better, I hope he can get in to get the issue solved this week.

Bug didn't leave my side yesterday. I was in the computer room and she jumped on the desk and climbed onto my chest, purring and purring. I sat on the couch to watch a show before bed, and she climbed into my lap. I went to bed, and she slept by my side all night long. I think she might be happy to be back home safe and sound, lol
I have to go and talk to the guy next door. He only trimmed those hedges half way, and then stopped. He needs to finish what he started, it looks terrible.

I texted the painter yesterday, she said Saturday 'might' be the earliest she can get back to painting. :(

Off to find something to get into.

Have a great day!

4083a60de0772e32d9357e238baaa262.jpg

Good Monday morning.:sunny:

Good job to Bug for finding his way home!:cheer2:

Worked all weekend so nothing fun or exciting to report. I am sticking to my cleanse. Today I get to start puree foods. I don't puree anything so I just eat foods that will slide down.🍵🍳

The temperatures are supposed to start going down to the low 80's this week. We just really need rain 🌧️. I don't think it's rained in over 2 weeks. I watered the backyard Thursday night and the front Friday morning. I'm going to a craft night at the library tonight so I won't be able to put the sprinkler on tonight either. I definitely need to water the flowers today after work 🥀. Tomorrow I get my haircut after work so I can water the grass when I get home then 💦.

That's about it, hope everyone has a great day!:wave:

:grouphug:Frog, so good to see you! I truly pray that you and your children will enjoy a long, peaceful, safe, and fun Summer. That like I also pray it will be for Snowysmom, a time of extra healing and renewal.

Snowysmom, God Bless Sam indeed! He sounds just adorable, so precious. Like Baby Mia and Footballmouse how blessed Sam is to have you!:hug:

Footballmouse, have fun at craft night. Being able to both get some 📚at the library and doing a craft activity sounds like such fun and a great way to also make a new friend. I hope you do and enjoy the experience. What will you be crafting? :)

Lynn, Dad thank you so much. He's now down to 7 last pills:cheer2:He will be calling Dr.C's office this afternoon to get the endodontist's name and phone number. I so appreciate your and everyone's extra prayers for him. Extra hug on Bug! :)

Taz, great to see you, too🌸and feel better my friend prayers, too! Please do take care. Congratulations to Ella and always cheers for Anthony, too. Of course, my thank you for your continuing extra service to God through your church. ::MickeyMoHere you soon come! :)

PollyannaMom, eek to all the bug warnings out there. Please you and your family, 🐈of course included stay safe and away from creepy crawlies!

Bobbiwoz🙏 continuing for you and Tom! How are you doing today, my friend?:grouphug:

It's a chilly and dad said very slightly misty Monday morning here. I knew my morning hot chocolate tasted extra good :D Chicken Broth at lunchtime will, too. Dad is doing :laundy:followed by Ralphs🛒We need more milk and 🥚among other things. Grateful eggs have gone down in price to $2.99. Thankful, of course, for anything he is able to get! I was remembering last night the start of the pandemic and how I will sure now never take for granted being able to find necessities again!

Tomorrow, weather depending, we are planninf a trip to a 99 Cent Only Store and Kohls 🛍️to use our extra $10 before that offer expires. Tomorrow is the last day on that coupon. Otherwise, we will go to Kohls.com🖥️

Stay warm, Friends, be well and as always I wish you a joy filled safe week ahead! I will come back later :)

Last edited:
Good afternoon.

For those of you who watch Hallmark Movies, have you watched The Blessing Bracelet? I watched last night and really enjoyed it. Very faith based. It is on again June 19. Now I want a blessing bracelet.

Went to a local Amish produce stand today. We had gotten some delicious strawberries and a tomato that tasted like a Maryland August tomato so had to get more of both.

we went to my sons' company picnic/bbq.
Sounds like fun all around.

What do you to repel gnats, mosquitoes, and other annoying insects?
I use Deep Woods Off. I attract mosquitos and this works for me. Does nothing for biting flies at the beach though.

Off to make a sandwich with tomato for lunch.

Carol:hug:I absolutely loved The Blessing Bracelet and even emailed Hallmark thanking them for showing it. It truly was one rare movie that only got better! I recommended it also to many. It may have even been moving to me than The Gift of Peace that was on Great American Family Channel last Christmas was. Truly both were faith filled and touching movies that made a difference to me for sure. 🍓sound tasty. Enjoy, my friend and so good to see you post as always, too. Thank you for keeping in touch with us :)

Sweet Dreams thread save for the night.

Dad did call Dr. C'S office to get the name of the endodontist that works in the same building. It sounds like Dr. C really doesn't know this person and so unlike his friend who practices almost an hour from us away, he's not able to fully recommend him. Dad had the great idea of calling on Wednesday Dr. A, his trusted periodontist of many years for his recommendation. Blessing indeed to have any type of trusted healthcare provider, that is for sure!

:grouphug:and love to all. Have a good night🛌

Good morning. It is cloudy and looks like rain here. I am getting tired of the dreariness of the weather. I looked at the weather for next week in NH and more of the same. We are trying to find one day to do the Flume Gorge near Franconia Notch. We will wait until it is closer to see if the forecast changes but right now it is not the best. But, we can find things to do.

Have a good day.

Happy Tuesday!:sunny:

Well the craft night went well, however the craft is going to get redone. We took 3 books and painted the covers and spine white (only color choice), then you took stamps and stamped out your favorite quote or saying on the spine of the books. Stack them on top of each other and tied them together, I used a darker twine but they also had ribbon. I decided I don't like working with stamps, hard to control the outcome. I'm going to paint them a color that matches my decor, keep the twine and have a friend or my sister freehand the saying I used. It was a cute idea and I understand it was the library, we weren't at Hobby Lobby or Michael's for craft day so I can't complain. Plus it was free.

Had enough time to water the flowers in the yard but didn't have enough time to run the sprinkler for the grass 💦. Hopefully I get home from my hair appointment and errands tonight early enough that I can water the grass. Way too early for my yard to have big brown areas.>:(

The senior members in our department have big meetings today and tomorrow. I'm always nervous on these days because I'm the one who set everything up so I'm afraid something will go wrong. Hopefully the laptop hook-up works and the lunch is delivered on time.:confused:

That's about it, guess I'll get back to work. Have a great day! :wave:

Lots of transitions happening in our house with the start of summer break.
Hope you & the kids have a great summer...transitions can be hard, but at least they'll have the 'freedom' of summer to adjust further without the added burden of schooling.
We just really need rain 🌧️
Ditto!
Tomorrow, weather depending, we are planninf a trip to a 99 Cent Only Store and Kohls 🛍️to use our extra $10 before that offer expires. Tomorrow is the last day on that coupon.
Have fun!
tasted like a Maryland August tomato so had to get more of both.
That's what we'll really miss about not having a garden this year. I mean - I have a 2 tomatoes in containers on the porch, so we will see what they produce....I passed by several farmers markets yesterday and saw the tomatoes out and immediately thought BLT'S :tongue: and sandwiches. I may need to grab one or two on my travels today!
Way too early for my yard to have big brown areas.:(
Agreed, but here we are. Several swaths of our yard have gone dormant & browned up. We've decided we can't possibly cover every area so we are concentrating on one area. We are lucky we have a 300 gallon tank we take down to the creek and fill up with a pump and then run the sprinkler from the tank via a pump hooked up to the tractor vs. running the well all the time. We have a decent chance of rain at the end of this week/beginning of next week, so our plan now is to keep a eye on the weather and if we still have a better than decent chance of rain we will plow and plant the sunflower fields Sunday.

At this point I'm ready to look into ancient rain dances or cloud seeding or anything in between haha!🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️

Not much new or exciting going on here. Same old stuff.

Just caught up from past couple of days. Glad for all good news, and sorry if anyone is still sick. Said prayers for all of us today.

We have been full force finishing up our project - yet we still have more to do! Got all the carpet tiles down Sunday, what a job that was! We were sore! DS is coming around and said he loves the look! We were assembling furniture too, plus I got two of the three bathroom cabinets cleaned out and a lot of the linens washed. Yesterday DS and I hit IKEA and he got a new bed and mattress. He and DH spent the entire evening assembling it but it’s really cool, he got the one that the bottom lifts up for clothing storage underneath. DD has the same one and they’ve improved it since she got it several years back, it has pistons now so it shoots right up instead of lifting, lol.

Today I have to run and get my blood drawn before I eat and going to take the dogs for a run, then I have a few returns and have to pick up some other stuff. Seems like that will be my whole week this week, but at least it’s almost done and we really love the space. Been watching movies on the big screen. (DS came home from work the other night while DD and I were finishing up Pride and Prejudice and he was like, “That one?” :lmao: “Yup!”

I had a couple of boxes of donations and will have several more once I start going through my books later. Oh and we took the sofa covers to the laundromat and got those all fresh. White isn’t the best color for us w dogs, but it’s a long story, lol. So I got some throws for the sofas and have to get more, but hopefully the they will stay pretty clean.

Have a good Tuesday, everyone! 🐥

1686060709064.jpeg

PS Grady has been afraid of all the banging and noise so he is still a little hesitant, but Toto has been in the thick of things looking in all the boxes and inspecting, lol. Loves being part of all of it! I think you can see it here in this pic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!