Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@easyas123 When you said snakehead, I literally thought you meant snake. I never heard of a fish called that. I looked it up before responding. NOW I can say enjoy your dinner, lol!
It’s starting to pop up on menus here on the Eastern shore. I am admittedly a bit of a picky eater, but I find it to be a very mild whitefish similar to rockfish if you care for that…. eldest son, just got his license to sell it to outfits such as restaurants and seafood stores actually! I believe it’s considered invasive, and they are trying everything they can do to reduce the numbers.

But yeah, the name??? They could’ve come up with a better one. Ha ha!

Lol, Lynn, I did the same thing when I saw snakehead! I mean, I knew @easyas123 was an adventurous eater (more so than the rest of us seem to be, anyway) but SNAKE?? :scared1: Then just as you guys were explaining it I asked DH (whose hobby is fishing) if he knew what it was and he did, saying, like what easy said above, it came to us from Africa and got dumped in ponds and such and they’ve taken over, not in a good way, I guess. It’s supposed to be a vicous fish, too? Hmm. Hope it was tasty! Strawberry shortcake sounds good, too.

We had some London Broil marinating but DH didn‘t feel like cooking tonight so we had a little bit of leftover Chinese food that he and DD had gotten while I was at work. It’s cute, there’s a place they like to go (that I like, too - especially this one waiter we love - but there’s a place I like better when I’m around) so they’ll often go while I’m at work, like a daughter/Dad date night. I like that they do that. They always had a close relationship. From the time the kids were little, DH had them a lot by himself while I was working, so they always had their outings they used to do together (including DS, and sometimes my mother) when I wasn’t home and so I could get some rest and sleep, etc.

Tonight DH, DS and I commiserated about our jobs, taking turns talking about how frustrating things have become today. DS has been training someone who’s been a challenge, and has to go in extra this Sunday to train someone else, too. @easy DS works in areas like your SIL, it’s how he got kicked in the head last month. 😕 The stories really are almost unbelievable, but sadly, they’re not. We see them, too. I had a really interesting case this week. We are really all so blessed when we have our health - including our mental health!

I made it to the bank today and met a new friend, lol. Just hit it off w the person I was working with, it was my first time in this bank. I‘d been trying to figure out what to do with a little inheritance I’d received, and since CD rates have gone up, I decided to put it there. Got a good rate, 5%, with compounded interest, so that felt like an accomplishment. This guy was super knowledgable about financial stuff so I’m sure I’ll be working more with him as we navigate these pre- retirement next few yrs. I just kept thinking today was Saturday, so it was weird when I realized it was only Friday! 😵‍💫

DH and DS painted half of the floor today downstairs so guess what? Carpet tiles go in tomorrow! At least on half the floor, lol. We still have stuff in the other half we have to sort through and once all the tile is down, they’ll move what’s left over to the other side to get the other half done. That’s not how I’d do it (I’d prefer an empty room to work with), but that’s how DH does things, so I have to deal with it, lol. Tomorrow (when I recover from my shifts, hopefully) I’m going to tackle the cabinets in the bathroom, cleaning them out and reorganizing, then we’ll paint them and put the new handles on the doors. I was thinking DS was off all weekend but it’s actually his weekend to work, so that stinks, but what can you do. We will still keep moving forward and hopefully it will be finished in the next couple of weeks.

Well, going to watch a little TV tonight. AC is on so I have a blanket on and I may not be awake much longer, I’m tired. I hope everyone has a good rest of the evening! 🐥

I also thought creepy snake! I'm sorry about the poor horse, Easyas, too. Lol, you're not as picky an eater as I am :)

Dad's care got a very good report for which we are both so grateful. I'm also extra thankful to God this evening because dad will be staying home all weekend:cheer2:Sunday is the annual Pride parade out here and my immediate neighborhood gets a ton of extra people for that, and streets are closed. The elementary school across the street from us is always where the police park. Prayers all goes peacefully for all who participate and, of course, us residents, to stay home, too. Oh! When dad went to the library this afternoon to pick up 📚and apooh:DVD (what cuter way to try our new DVD player)?, he found out that the library mask mandate is over! What fun it will be for me one morning when the branch closest to us opens early and I can go inside very briefly with dad! All good here. Wishing all of you dear 🐥sweet dreams with all my love.

Last edited:

Good morning. Cloudy here and rain expected. I hope to get a walk in before it rains.

@lynxstch Glad Summer's surgery went well.
@flyingdumbo127 It will be nice when you can visit the library
@Pea-n-Me It is nice that you, DD, and DS can talk about your challenging jobs and commiserate together. That can help so much with the stress and maybe brainstorming about how to change things.

Thinking of all who are under the weather or trying to weather life's challenges.

Nothing planned for today. I may do some work, housework, and get something for supper like a salad. It is rom com day on Hallmark so maybe I will watch a movie or 2. Kenny and the kids are away most of the day. I was a bit ticked off at work the other day. My boss's boss came over to talk to her. She sits right next to me. He ignored me, did not even say hi. I used to report to him and our group is a tight knit group. I was going to say hi but he started talking to my boss and then left. He is a bit insensitive. Another coworker and I have discussed this on occasion. He even asked me when I came back to work if I was "over it." That was only 2 months after Chris passed. So, he is clueless and not just with me. But he does have his favorites and I am certainly not one of them. He wants me back 40 hours a week per my boss but I have only offered to maybe go to 35 once I am settled in my new place. My boss is fine with that but I think the big boss may not be. It is not my fault that he promoted by boss and then needs to pass on some of her duties. He should have planned it better. They are able to hire another person so that would be the best solution. Just venting.

Have a good Saturday.

Good sunny morning. The weatherman lied again. Said rain and storms all day. Sunny, blue skies, white clouds, not a sign of rain. I watered everything this morning just in case it doesn't appear. Going to get outside and mow the lawn now. Bed already stripped and remade and whole house dusted and vacuumed. Managed to make it through the day yesterday with the ac by keeping the blinds down all day and the ceiling fans on. May turn it on around noon if it starts getting near 90 again. I told Don he'll just have to put an extra light blanket over his legs while sitting there.

I made some angel food cupcakes yesterday and SIL and niece brought us 2 big containers of such sweet strawberries, I ate a whole bowl of them as is last night for a snack

Have a nice day

f43de2f5ee15de71552b08996668963a.jpg

:hug:Snowysmom and prayers next week at work will go a whole lot better for you, my friend! Please do extra enjoy a Hallmark movie today!

🧁sound warm and tasty, Lynn, enjoy my friend.

Quiet morning here. Dad has decided (no surprise) to go quickly to target mostly for hand wipes that we mostly use to wipe down anything he brings home and also to go to the post office. he is definitely staying tomorrow, the day of the actual parade. We are planning, God willing to go to Kohls on Tuesday :) We will watch some pooh:later.

Have a good Saturday everyone. I will come back this afternoon.

Well I started to go out and mow. But my phone rang, and Dave said he was on his way over in 20 min. We just finished getting the carpet on the porch done. It looks so nice. All I need now is to paint the trim, shutters, swing, and chairs. Winds came up a little and it feels good, it was hot working in the sun..

Hey friends.

I have been reading periodically.

We are still sharing one car. Jack's has been out of service since April 16. This is getting old. I've made two car payments with no car no the garage.

Jack has had some minor medical issues that is keeping him down. Sarah and family are coming to visit today. I am making strawberry shortcake. I make it with biscuits and warm vanilla pudding. Will probably cook out first. And I have to get to church sometime to set up communion for the 8 am service tomorrow.

We had Sarah's two dogs for Memorial Day weekend. It's nice to have dogs for a few days. Also been planning our southwest trip for September.

I wish we'd get some rain.
Here too. I have been watering my few plants daily. Last night we did have a short, heavy downpour.
@easyas123 When you said snakehead, I literally thought you meant snake. I never heard of a fish called that. I looked it up before responding.
Yep, have heard of them but didn't know people ate them. And now there are blue catfish.
It is rom com day on Hallmark so maybe I will watch a movie or 2.
I watched From Friend to Fiancé and enjoyed it. We have Forrest Gump on now. Watched The Devil Wears Prada last night.

Hope everyone is doing well. Will stop in periodically.

Enjoy the :sunny:Lynn but don't work too hard please!

:hug:Carol and so good to see a post from you, my friend, thank you. 🙏for Jack and of course always for dear you, too! Thank you always also for all you do for God through your church that virtually has become my church, too :) Keep in touch when you can and feel called to do so. Always remember we all care and are here for you with love.

I'm thankful that I'll get to see Terri later this afternoon when she's out here after a meeting. I'll get to give her fresh baked 🍪to have brought to Pastor Louise as an early birthday and in celebration of the Food Pantry director who is being honored after service tomorrow. She's also going to bring a picture that she had taken and printed out of dad and I on my birthday. Always a blessing to get to see her. I just got in the mail an official invitation to Sue's 100th birthday celebration. I'll be emailing her son in response saying that while as of now dad and I don't feel comfortable attending we absolutely intend to bring Sue a gift on her actual birthday a few days later. Wow to 100 years old! All of you really would love her. She's definitely an inspiration.

Afternoon:grouphug:with love to all!

Good morning. Cloudy and cooler this morning. Their 'storms and rain' yesterday amounted to about 20 raindrops a little after dinner time. They say we are going to clear up and be in the upper 70's. I was going to hold off on watering the garden in case it rained, but if they are right for a change, it won't. A few squash and cuke seeds have sprouted and a lot of the tomato plants have flowers on them. Our neighbor hasn't even planted his yet, despite having the soil all ready for weeks. He's going to need to borrow the tiller again if he waits much longer.

I'd like to mow today if it stays cloudy. Made it an entire week without mowing, since we've had no rain, the grass isn't growing as quickly as it was. I have a friend in CO who said they almost never get rain. They've had almost 2 weeks of it and it's supposed to rain every day until next weekend. I told her to stop hogging it and share it with this side of the country, lol.

Off to get my day going, have a good one
Thinking of all our MIA Quackers, and hoping they are well. I do hear from Frog now and then, and things are finally settling down for her, thankfully. Sending prayers and hugs to all of them, and all of you who are still with this thread.

6ecfd52c3d95ed6c36a77ab44b5469af.jpg

My happy update for the day! Just when I'd given up hope, my little kitty Bug is back! I was mowing with the tractor near the hedges, and I saw a cat go under the neighbors shed. At first I thought what cat is that, I never saw that one around here,I then realized it was Bug. She just sat there looking at me, and then went farther under. I went and got some slices of Berks bologna, her favorite, and laid on the ground by the edge of the shed, teasing her until she came to get some. She grabbed a piece and ran back under. I set another one a little closer to the edge, she grabbed that one and ran under. I put my hand near the next piece and she got close enough to smell my finger and let me touch her head. She backed up, then came towards my fingers again and I grabbed her by the head and dragged her out. Kicking and meowing, but she came out. I had brought a big towel out with me, and wrapped her in it until I got in the house. She got me with one small scratch, but nothing major. She's in and hiding, I need to get hold of her and clean her off, she's got cobwebs and leaves all over her, but she looks like she didn't get hurt in any way. Whew. Something told me to mow the lawn today, even back there where it didn't really need it. If I hadn't, I never would have seen her. I'm surprised she sat that close to the edge of the shed with the loud mower going.

Praise extra to God! What a wonderful Sunday morning update, Lynn :grouphug: Yay!

Snowysmom:grouphug:, Sue is definitely amazing all right. Enjoy visiting with Jeff.

:grouphug:PollyannaMom and thank you for supporting your nephew! Your kind presence will mean a lot to him.

Quiet and still overcast and cool morning here. I am more than ready for :sunny:Did I mention yesterday that the parking garage gate to this building has gone haywire? This last week, extra yesterday, without any rhyme or reason, the gate kept going up and down! Dad will be emailing a follow up to (he had contacted her about this earlier in the week) Sonia, our property management contact. Sonia in her reply said an eletrician did come out. He thought perhaps some tenant's genies were off. Ours is the same as always. It's definitely strange. On the other hand, it's also a reminder to me of how blessed I am to be able to hear! All good :)

Looking forward to watching online worship and later pooh:Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone. My prayers always as well, thank you for the reminder Lynn, to all MIA Quackers and my heartfelt thank you extra to all who keep our special family going!

I will come back later :)

@lynxstch Yay for Bug being back.
Very Happy Day!

Tom and I are finally feeling better, at least to get some outside things done. He’s on steroids and we really hope it doesn’t come back when he finishes. I went to Dr office on Friday, and if I don’t feel better tomorrow, she’ll send in a prescription for me. I was still taking an antibiotic this morning.

Very chilly here in Cape May. It’s been a sunny day, yet only 61°.

We had salmon on the grill on Friday, so add us to the list of fish eaters.

Today is the fourth day this water Lily is blooming!
IMG_2206.jpeg

The bog irises are beautiful and long blooming this year too!

I have a few cucumber hills to plant, maybe tomorrow, or I will ask Tom if he will do it. They need to be planted.

I’ve been reading a lot of books, not so much on Disboards, except for the games I do in the morning, but have been on more today. I do remember my friends here in morning prayers.

Phillies won!⚾

Last edited:
Feel better prayers continuing to you and Tom, dear Bobbiwoz:hug:I'm so sorry the two of you have been ill for so long. Please do stay warm and take care! Of course, always remember, we all care!

Quiet Sunday here which is nice. I watched some worship and will finish doing so in a little while. Dad and I were disappointed that our pooh:DVD doesn't work. I could hear it moving inside the machine just not playing. Thankfully the library system looks to have 22 copies of this movie about our friendly bear and his friend so we'll request one of them. I'll share when we've watched it.

We are also thankful that after his lunchtime dose on Wednesday, dad will be done with the antibiotics. Thank God, they have eliminated his pain. Dad will be calling his dentist Dr.C, tomorrow to get the phone number of the endontist that practices in the same building. A 15-20 minute drive will be so much better than a 45+ minute drive to see the endontist friend of Dr. C's. Thank you all again so very much for your extra kind 🙏for him.

Sweet Dreams 🐣💕

my little kitty Bug is back!
So glad to hear that!
Tom and I are finally feeling better, at least to get some outside things done. He’s on steroids and we really hope it doesn’t come back when he finishes. I went to Dr office on Friday, and if I don’t feel better tomorrow, she’ll send in a prescription for me. I was still taking an antibiotic this morning.

Very chilly here in Cape May. It’s been a sunny day, yet only 61°.

We had salmon on the grill on Friday, so add us to the list of fish eaters.
Good to hear you are well! Loved the irises!

And I ate fish on Friday also. At least it was called Fish. Filet o Fish from McD's. Occasionally I will eat one, but would have preferred salmon.

Check Bug for fleas and ticks. I've been spending a load of time outdoors and have been bitten twice by ticks. One dog tick and one deer tick. DD had to get the deer tick off my back.

And, I'm babysitting a cat that has/had fleas when it arrived. Fortunately I checked immediately and started confinement and cleanup. Supposedly he was treated with Frontline. I don't see much evidence of that so in a few days I'm going to treat him myself (with permission of course.) Meanwhile I've combed, bathed and combed and bathed again, and we are 'almost' clear. He has to live in the two tier cage until I see nothing. He's here until June 19th.

In other news, today we went to my sons' company picnic/bbq. It was held at Smokey Glen Farm in Gaithersburg, Md.
There were maybe 4 other parties there today, but each had their own facilities. These were larger groups of 500 or more people. My sons company allowed each employee to bring immediate family plus guests, so 10 in our party total, and then also a couple of employee friends who joined us.

Along with picnic food all day, they also had these activities:
Activities Schedule 
Noon–5 p.m. — Activities and Inflatables:  
>>>Triple Threat Moon Bounce (All Ages)  
  • Ninja Wall (Ages 6 and Up)  
  • Amusement Park (Ages 2–7)  
  • Carousel (Ages 2–7)  
  • DJ with Activities   
  • Zip Line  
  • Mini-Golf  
  • Horseshoes  
  • Volleyball, Baseball, Softball, Tetherball, Soccer 
  • Corn Hole  
Noon–3 p.m. — Face Painters  
2–4 p.m.
— Bingo with Prizes 
2–5 p.m.
— Balloon Artists 

It was an awesome place to be a kid! Not bad for adults either as they had free bar and dancing. Lots of adults got face painting done and balloon animals made.

Last thing was dessert of cookies and sundaes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter