Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning. Page 2 save. Bright and sunny, heading for 88 today. There may be a chance of rain on Saturday. Grass is starting to turn brown, we need some. I just watered the heck out of the garden.
I puttered around yesterday cleaning this and that. Nothing new going on around here. All you hear is mowers, wackers, and chain saws, along with hammering and dogs barking.
Tomorrow is the last day of school for kids around here, so the noisy busses won't be running after that.

Summer's surgery went well as far as what her mother told me. She's in a lot of pain, but they got the repair done completely and did bone biopsies. Hoping they provide some results that will give her some idea of what is going on in her body.

Today is grocery and errand day. Dave may come tonight or he may wait till it rains on Saturday to get things done.

Have a nice day everyone.

05bb83dd63d03ed9150f820ed43a75e7.jpg

Happy Thursday everyone!:sunny:

I haven't been on all week. I haven't been doing much except for working in the yard. The boys all came over Monday morning to put the mulch down around the pond and I finished planting the flowers 🌷. Now I just have to keep them alive since we haven't had rain in over a week. Should get to the 90's today. Glad I'm working from home tomorrow, also starts my 1/2 day Fridays. I'll be getting my pool out and filled up. Running up to Walmart tonight after work to get Mia a bathing suit.🩱

The new guy came and started cutting my grass this past Monday. He cuts it much shorter than the other guy did which I like 👍. Now if it needs to go 7-9 without cutting it shouldn't look such a mess like it was.

Working day shift all weekend so I'm not happy with having to miss valuable sun time for tanning.😠

Watched a show on Netflix over the weekend. It's called Firefly Ln., it's based off of a book by the same name. Really good, definitely recommend.👍👍

I started a cleanse diet on Tuesday. I've done it before I had surgery and felt I needed to do it again. Today I'm able to incorporate soup and yogurt into my diet 🥣. I eat every 2 hours and only drink tea and water throughout the day.

Back to work and time to eat my soup. Have a great day! :wave:

Bumping up from the bottom of the page agaian :(
Sunny and warm outside, feels hotter than the 84 they say.
Aldi's had a whopping 12 cars in the parking lot. I got to the register to find a line of about 8 people. I went and asked if there was another cashier. She said everyone called off. She was the only cashier, one guy was doing the pick up orders and there was one other guy in the back room who didn't ring. She did say that next week they were going to start having U Scans. About time! It was freezing in there, I had goosebumps and had to stand in the sun to warm up.
Walmart was busy but not overly. Got everything but tea bags. Are we having a tea shortage again? There were 2 boxes of Luzanne tea bags in the entire tea bag section? Eggs seemed to be in short supply also. I'm all set for the next week without having going back at any rate.

Have a nice late afternoon.

Good morning. Page 2 save. Bright and sunny, heading for 88 today. There may be a chance of rain on Saturday. Grass is starting to turn brown, we need some. I just watered the heck out of the garden.
I puttered around yesterday cleaning this and that. Nothing new going on around here. All you hear is mowers, wackers, and chain saws, along with hammering and dogs barking.
Tomorrow is the last day of school for kids around here, so the noisy busses won't be running after that.

Summer's surgery went well as far as what her mother told me. She's in a lot of pain, but they got the repair done completely and did bone biopsies. Hoping they provide some results that will give her some idea of what is going on in her body.

Today is grocery and errand day. Dave may come tonight or he may wait till it rains on Saturday to get things done.

Have a nice day everyone.

05bb83dd63d03ed9150f820ed43a75e7.jpg
Buses are starting to go electric around here, so the bus itself may eventually be quiet. Then it will be loud kids when the windows are open in nice weather.

Good luck to Summer.

I would like to rent Dave for the summer. I've got that many projects including painting but I don't think I want your painter. Son in law did some stuff for me but he's really in demand and pulls in good money. If he's off I feel bad asking him to work since it's free and he doesn't want money, so I'll take what he volunteers.

School is in session here for a couple of weeks. Than DIL will teach summer sessions to make extra money for their house fund. Son got a promotion and he's happy but busy.

My grass is still growing or trying to beat the weeds. Maybe a hardscape and natural plants would work. My tomato plants are doing awesome. I'm still potting up hanging baskets. And I may plant some squash if the local place has any starter plants left. My idea is that squash just grows and takes over requiring nothing much more than water and a little sprinkle of miracle grow.

This morning I spent at the windshield replacement store getting a new one for DD's car. Next is my car but that's a dealer job.

So, just boring, mundane stuff going on today.

Big BBQ Sunday at an area Farm that does parties in Montgomery Co. My son's company and we are all going. Looks like a lot of food and fun!

So quiet here today! Continuing prayer dear Lynn:hug: for Summer! I'm sorry about the long Aldi's line. I do hope, of course, they had some good things that you needed :) I would love the 84! This morning, it "rained," more like a few fat drops and still looks as though it could rain more. Weather here has been off the last few days. Bring on :sunny:

:hug:Footballmouse, it's so good to see you, my friend, missed you. I will look up Firefly Lane, thanks for the recommendation. That's wonderful that you are so pleased with your new lawn guy--send him over to Lynn's to save her a mow! :)

Good to see you, too, Judique! :hug: have a great time on Sunday! I'm really so glad you will be able to join your son at the BBQ. Dave definitely sounds like a keeper bigtime. So grateful Lynn has him to call on for sure. Wish you could hire him, too! How are your granddaughters doing? I hope they have a safe and fun Summer vacation soon to come :)

Dad and I did have a good time this morning at the Dollar Tree, such fun for me to get to go there in person. We realized Kohl's wasn't near JC Penney, so we didn't get there today. Did get some things at a very nice Target close to Penney's. By the time we got to Penney's it was later, so we didn't spend that much time there. All good thought and how wonderful it was to be back 🏠Cold out there for me today! Grateful we got to go :)

🐥❤️to all always. Have a great rest of the day, friends.

Just a quick hello. I was in the office early today. I am so tired today because of not sleeping well and feeling a bit off. I did walk a bit today even in the 90 degrees but then ended up resting a bit.

Have a good evening.

We had 82 today but are looking at 90 tomorrow. After that it dips (thankfully!) to 78 on Saturday and 75 on Sunday.

I've been running air off and on. Once it's 80 I want air! So my electric company sent me a note saying if I keep on as I'm doing I'll have a higher bill, end of June. Last one was about $150. They are projecting $220. If it stays 80 ish, fine, but when it hits 90 I'll be running ac 24/7.

We had 82 today but are looking at 90 tomorrow. After that it dips (thankfully!) to 78 on Saturday and 75 on Sunday.

I've been running air off and on. Once it's 80 I want air! So my electric company sent me a note saying if I keep on as I'm doing I'll have a higher bill, end of June. Last one was about $150. They are projecting $220. If it stays 80 ish, fine, but when it hits 90 I'll be running ac 24/7.

We got to 88 today and are expecting 93 tomorrow. The ac will be going on, despite Don's saying he's always cold. When it gets to 90 outside, he says he's comfortable, and then I'm dying without it. I need it on to get anything done in the houses. It will be the first time it's gone on so far this season, so I'm ahead of the game. Temps only in 70's this weekend with rain on Saturday, at least what they are predicting, so it can go off for the weekend. I've had the bedroom windows open all night, I sleep much better when it's cool outside.

I turned my air on last week. I always try to wait until June but the mornings it's hard to get ready for work while I'm sweating and forget about sleeping. I keep it at 75 and have the fans still going. It's been in the high 80's all last week and this week we've been in the 90's.

Watched a show on Netflix over the weekend. It's called Firefly Ln., it's based off of a book by the same name. Really good, definitely recommend.👍👍
Thanks - I'll need something new soon, as I just finished Ted Lasso (loved the last episode!!)

We've been running our AC as well. I'd open the windows, but DS and DH both have pretty bad pollen allergies, so I'd rather run it "early" than have them miserable.

Keep cool everyone and again feel free to please send me some of your sunshine :D

:grouphug:extra to all especially Snowysmom!

I've been so blessed lately to fall asleep pretty quickly. I tend to sleep well from around 9:15 or so through about 1:30am give or take possibly getting up once. It's typically from 2 or 3am-6am that often times I have trouble falling back into sleep. I do sleep on and off during this time just not always straight through. Grateful for all rest and to be able to I pray always rest in Him :) Sweet dreams to all🛌

Just a quick hello! I was in the car yest in Boston it was 93. Closer to our house it was only 79. I like that better.

I think it’s a full moon today? Just looked it up, it’s Saturday. Not surprised, people have been acting a little wacky. One lady who was confused told me in all seriousness that I was the one who was confused. 🤔 Someone else thought we were doing a real estate deal and I wasn’t following the law. 😳 Glad I am not working this weekend, lol.

Have a nice Friday, everyone! 🐥

@Pea-n-Me Full moons always cause issues with people. The place I go for salt therapy has a crystal reading tomorrow night with the full moon. Not something I am interested in but I am sure they get alot of people interested.

@flyingdumbo127 Glad your Dad has treatment for his tooth. Also glad you got out and around to the stores you like. Sleep can be an issue for sure. I have not been sleeping well for a long time and it is really catching up with me.

Another hot one today. Then the weekend will be cooler in the 60s. Looking forward to that. We have the AC on and so needed. No plans for the weekend. Kenny is taking the kids to Boston to meet up with a friend and her niece. They are doing the duck boats and the Museum of Science. I am not sure if Jeff will be available as their kids always seem to have a party or a play date going on.

Off to work. Have a good day.

Good morning. Sunshiny, 93 degrees today. Near 87 tomorrow , but at least a chance of rain.

The guy next store started cutting the rest of those awful hedges that belong to the guy behind us, but he started at 7 am, with a chainsaw! The lady who lived there died last year, and no one did anything about them for the last 8 or so years. Don used to do it for her, but when he couldn't do it anymore, they just let them go. I couldn't reach them, and I'm allergic to poison ivy so I tried to stay far away. Since they are at the back of our yard, they look like they belong to us, and it made our yard look awful. There are trees, poison ivy, honey suckle, and who knows what else growing in there. I talked to the man who bought the house a couple of weeks ago, and informed him that the hedges belonged to him and he needed to do something about them, so he hired the weird guy next door to do it.
I'll put a pic , the left is the way they all looked until last week, and right is how they look now. I can actually see the neighbors houses back up on the hill again. I couldn't even get close enough to mow them without trying to duck under all of that garbage. I guarantee by fall they'll be about 3 feet taller again, lol.

I wanted to paint today, but it's going to be too warm. I'll turn the ac on and stay inside and find something to do instead. Sister in Law went to the farm stand near her yesterday and bought us some strawberries, just picked. She's going to drop them off today and I'm going to make an angel food cake, and we can have strawberry shortcake tonight.

Summer called last night. She's in pain, but okay. Her mother overheard some nurses talking after the surgery, and they said that an anchor from the last surgery was found inside. Summer had been told that anything left inside would be dissolvable. This apparently wasn't, and doing research they found out that it could have caused the tendon tear that she had to have fixed yesterday. She wants explanations from the Doctor as to why (same Dr did both surgeries). They even sent her home with pictures of the inside of her shoulder with the anchor clearly showing, so she has proof. She thinks its odd that her follow up appt is with a PA and not the Dr himself. I told her to call ahead of time and tell them you want/need to speak to him personally. I think he has some explaining to do to her, before it turns into some kind of a malpractice suit. :(

Have a nice day, stay cool!

1685712180968.jpeg

f0eeabcd8329abcf9ea5e70b552a58ce.jpg

Last edited:
Friday :grouphug:with love to all! Quiet morning here. Dad is getting ready to bring his :car:to Honda for servicing. Laundry and Ralph's to come. We will God willing get to Kohl's next Monday or Tuesday, before our free $10 expires. Thank you to all for your prayers of safe and healthy outings for us both! Dad thanks to God, is starting to feel better tooth wise. Thank you all for your extra concern and love, prayers for him, too.

Wishing all of you a happy day. PLEASE take care of yourselves and get some extra rest which it sounds like many of you could use.

I will check back in later :)

Attachments

• Friday Hugs.jpg
    Friday Hugs.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 0
Good evening to you all.

Summer's surgery went well as far as what her mother told me.
Glad to hear it went well for her.
Are we having a tea shortage again?
I haven't noticed any shortages around here, but I'll pay attention next time I hit up the grocery store.
I think it’s a full moon today? Just looked it up, it’s Saturday. Not surprised, people have been acting a little wacky.
My Mother used (and still does) swear by the full moon, especially when we had mares in foal. I lost track of the number of births we had over the full moon arc. But yeah - you are right, folks can get nutty. Up until very recently my SIL was a nurse on a mental health ward/ER and whoa boy did she have stories about the ER & the ward on those days/nights!
Gotta get my foot taken care of next week when I go to the doctor's and I am not looking forward to it.
Good luck to you hope all goes well!

Well good evening everyone. Hope you are all doing well and settling down into a decent weekend. Late supper for us tonight, husband is across the way burying a dead horse for the neighbor. Tomorrow we have a b'day party for our son's SIL, she is turning 16, and there is going to be a huge turn out (from what I'm told). I wish we'd get some rain. We really, really need it. According to the the local weather news chick this was the 3rd driest month (May) in MD history. My lawn & fields agree! Not much new to report, snakehead w/ white sauce over rice this evening for dinner. I have a new (to me) yoga class tomorrow - hot yoga, I've always wanted to try it.

I'm trying to think what else is new???? As I mentioned in the Weddings this Summer thread, I've found a wedding booze calculator that was super helpful in helping me figure out what & how much to buy for youngest son's upcoming shindig. I'm starting to freak out about those meaningless little details that keep one up at night!! You should see my lists and notes everywhere! And I don't really have a lot to do!!!

Dinner this evening is snakehead w/ whitesauce, cilantro rice & some corn on the cob. Stopped & got soem corn, squash & peaches yesterday at a farmers market on way home. Feels weird to buy things we normally grow BUT there just wasn't time this year to devote to a garden, and that's okay. I'll just patronize farm markets this season.

Ok - I need to finish up supper. Have a great weekend everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter