Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning. We actually got rain last night. A huge downpour, that lasted all of 10 minutes, lol. At least it was enough to give the ground a little much needed water.
Don's sons are in town today. Since their Mom is still here helping Summer, they made the trip so they could see Don and Mary in the same visit. I won't be here, I'm going out shopping. I need to get out of the house, and they're mostly here to see him anyhow. They won't stay long, they have a 4 1/2 hour drive back, and both of them have to work early tomorrow morning.

I forgot to post this picture yesterday. When 2 of you mentioned the orange sun, it made me remember. This is the moon here from Monday night. It was beautiful, but very eerie looking at the same time. Have a great day everyone!
352362603_6301302436656457_334182548913391942_n.jpg

Disney Paris castle
0f424c0f3726131e790c7a70d7088298.jpg

Hello all. Just a quick "howdy" as I was scanning the thread and wanted to reply to a few things.

Thanks to all who gave their suggestions for bug relief. I had completely forgotten about Skin So Soft. I am going to try and find some and see if that works.

@footballmouse- So sorry to hear about your little Cheeto. It's always so very hard to lose a pet, but even worse when they are so young and it comes out of no where. He was lucky you were his human as I'm sure you gave him a wonderful life and home.

Everyone else, take care. I'm having a rough couple of days, my emotions seem to be really off kilter recently. I have finally gotten an appointment with my PCP in July, so hopefully we can get some things figured out regarding my mood swings/hormone issues. Sending hugs and prayers to everyone who is still in the middle of the "ick".

:grouphug: ❤️Footballmouse. I'm also so sorry about Cheeto-Milo. Our furry family members definitely leave their pawprints on our hearts always. It's heartbreaking when they go over the Rainbow Bridge. Prayers it brings you somecpeace and more to come that your 🐈friend is restored to health and forever at peace with God. By His Love, you will be reunited one day, too. We all care and are here.

Bobbiwoz, Phillies ⚾:cheer2:Dad especially would be happy for the Dodgers to follow suit and win again, too.

Snowysmom, I'm also an introvert, quiet lady. I'm truly always so very thankful to God for His extra blessings to you of supportive family and friends. Enjoy your lunch. Safe travels:car:to the restaurant and know YOU are a kind blessing to all who know and care about you, too, including, always, all of us.

PollyannaMom, I'm so glad you and your husband have closer friendships with Lodge members. As I just said to Snowysmom, how blessed they all are to know and care for, support, you and your family, too! Also happy to hear you were able to enjoy a tasty treat 🎂

Lynn, I'm also extra thankful to God today, that you and Don will get to see his sons. :grouphug: always to dear you and prayers continuing for Summer, too.

Frog :thanks:always my friend for sharing your courageous spirit with us and I 🙏allowing us to love and support you. I'm very thankful you are taking care of yourself!

Another chilly, darker morning here. Blessing of course for this new day gift of life and health with my dad and above all with and for God. Today, as I posted in the Gratitude thread, is my beloved Grandpa Sam's 106th birthday. Somewhere in Heaven or perhaps as called as an Angel here on Earth, I believe he is enjoying a home cooked meal along with a scoop of one of his favorite Thrifty ice cream flavors chocolate brownie or plain chocolate chip🍨Grandpa in the quietly kind way he lived was sincerely my first witness to Christ. As I've said before, I do believe, he along with Grandma and Champ also look down on all of dear you, too.

Extra thanks and a hug to each of you. I will come back later.

Good afternoon.

@footballmouse , so sorry about your kitty. That is unexpected at such a young age.

I have finally gotten an appointment with my PCP in July,
I hope your PCP can help. I know that 3 years ago when anxiety was affecting my life in a negative way, I changed PCPs. The previous one wrote me off. The new one prescribed a low dose Rx that made all the difference in the world.

Not sure if you all have been hearing about the smoke from the wildfires in Canada. It is very apparent here. The sky is hazy with it. Just got a reverse 911 call saying that they have been getting a lot of calls about the smoke and then went on to explain it and the hazards.

Need to go to Home Depot and grocery store with Jack. One car, no division of errands.

🙏indeed for all fire impacted! So scary always and of course sad, too! Please stay extra safe, friends. Quiet afternoon here other than the gate still acting crazy at times! I was grateful to have gotten a couple friendly postcards and that was it mail wise today. Have a good rest of the day everyone with, of course, love.

Just a quick hello, I knew it was going to be a busy week.

@footballmouse I’m so sorry about your kitty. Sending hugs. Cardiac death can also mimic a seizure if the heart stops suddenly, without getting too graphic. Sometimes pets are born with heart murmurs and/or have arrythmias like our human children sometimes do, too, sadly. Whatever it was, it was too soon. It must’ve been so hard to find her like that.

Had a very good PCP appt today. Lab work was good (after a few times of being not so good). Doc is very aggressive with things so if something’s out of whack, she gets right on it. I like that and it’s served us well. We had so much to discuss, I had a list of things that had gone on this year, lol. I brought her some things to show her including my hearing aids and the drops and mask mass eye and ear prescribed for my eye styes and she was impressed with all. When I showed her the pics of my styes she was horrified. She was really happy that hearing aids had come down in price so people can get them now and don’t have to pay $6000.

We took a break from our project for a couple of nights. DH was exhausted and just wanted to veg a bit. Tonight I dozed off on the sofa. We have been sitting down there admiring our work, but we still have a bunch of details to finish. He told me to make him a list, which I’ll do. We’ll have to work on it again this weekend. I have a short work stretch coming up. (I think of it that way because there is not much I can do besides work and sleep on those days, which are long.)

Nice to see Carol and frog. Frog, you’ve been through a lot. Hugs. I hope you can find some ways to help you cope with the feelings you’ve been having. I like The Wellness Book. There is a lot of good information there. Remember your basics of getting proper sleep, eating well, and taking some time for yourself every day. :hug: Do you do meditation at all, or any other complementary therapies?

https://www.amazon.com/Wellness-Book-Comprehensive-Maintaining-Stress-Related/dp/0671797506

An earlier post got me thinking of a QOTD: Are you and introvert, an extrovert, or a combination of both? Describe yourself.

I am probably a combination. Was shy when I was little, and still am sort of quiet and somewhat reserved, but I do enjoy going out and meeting people, spending time with people, and God knows I have to be really good at small talk (and even talk about intimate details), in taking care of patients, so that skill I’ve honed over the years, and I can do it outside of work, as well. You won’t see me with a lampshade on my head at parties, lol, but I will gladly be at the party, and I’ll likely come away with a new friend or two, if that makes sense.

Which reminds me. You all would’ve been proud of Grady yesterday. I was, especially the more I thought about it. We met a man yesterday who was rather frail. He had had a stroke, and had oxygen, and a leg brace, etc. His wife was telling me he’d been very down. But he loved Grady, patted him, and reminisced about two of his own past German Shepherds. Well, Grady could’ve gone off and played, but chose to stay with this man, whom he’d just met! He actually wouldn’t leave his side! I wondered if maybe he reminded him of his person he’d lost? I believe he was being really intuitive.

Enjoy the rest of the evening, everyone, and wishing all a good Thursday! 🐥

QOTD: I'm definitely an introvert. Like Pea said, I can "run the extrovert software" briefly when I want to, but I need some recovery alone time after. I'm a little more social here on the DIS, where I don't have to keep up with a multi-person conversation in real time, but I tend to be quieter at a party.

I don't think of it as disliking socializing exactly, but more as it being an "expensive" activity for me.

Good morning. Wow, it was a chilly 44 this morning, we're up to 55 now, but only going to low 70's. I wandered through the garden and tied the tomato plants up, they're growing well despite no rain. Then I got out the hose and watered everything well.
Stepsons were here for a couple of hours yesterday morning. When I left to go shopping, they stayed a short while after that, then went to have lunch with their Mother, and then came back after dinner last night before heading home. It was good to see them and get to catch up on what the 3 granddaughters at the other end of the state are doing.
I saw a couple of price decreases this week, which was nice for a change
Our Aldi's took out registers since last week and installed 4 U scans, which I love. Should keep the lines down. For some reason they are very short on help. Last week there was ONE cashier working the entire store, 1 employee doing the customer pick up orders, and 1 guy manning the stock room and shelves. She told me everyone else called off. In a small city where there are plenty of jobs available, no one wants to work. With schools out, you would think there would be an influx of kids wanting to work, but I guess not.
I'm going to do a little more painting outside today while the weather is cooperating

Have a great day

ea3c5005656a55f02552821a2f19495d.jpg

Good morning. We actually got rain last night. A huge downpour, that lasted all of 10 minutes, lol. At least it was enough to give the ground a little much needed water.
Don's sons are in town today. Since their Mom is still here helping Summer, they made the trip so they could see Don and Mary in the same visit. I won't be here, I'm going out shopping. I need to get out of the house, and they're mostly here to see him anyhow. They won't stay long, they have a 4 1/2 hour drive back, and both of them have to work early tomorrow morning.

I forgot to post this picture yesterday. When 2 of you mentioned the orange sun, it made me remember. This is the moon here from Monday night. It was beautiful, but very eerie looking at the same time. Have a great day everyone!
352362603_6301302436656457_334182548913391942_n.jpg
Lynn, I forgot to say what a great moon shot you had! Impressive capture! Did you take it?

Good morning.:flower1:

Another sunny day and the temperature has been dropping a bit. I think yesterday was somewhere in the low 80's compared to the 90's we were having last week.:sunny:

Evan, Bailey and Mia left for Canada yesterday 🇨🇦. The rest of us are taking turns feeding their cats. Yesterday and today are my days. I probably should have asked what time they were leaving yesterday because I have a feeling they got off to a late start :car:. When I got to their house around 5:30 the cats still had full bowls. I'll head down tonight after my chiropractor appointment.

Remember how I said I was nervous about the meeting the other day? Well of course something went wrong 😒. I didn't realize the vice president of our division was coming (I was told she had a standing meeting at that time every month) so I didn't send her the options for ordering lunch 🤦‍♀️. I ended up giving her my lunch and I stuck to my cleanse that I'm still doing and just ate my jell-o.

Little strange not seeing Cheeto-Milo running around the house. Sad last night when I went to bed and he didn't jump up with me. It's going to take a while. 🙁

That's about it, office is getting full so I probably should start doing some work. Have a great day! :wave:

Good Morning, Everyone from chilly LA, nothing new on the weather front although today is supposed to be a dash warmer than yesterday. Back too cooler over the weekend. We are definitely experiencing June Gloom! Blessing, of course, of this new day. 🌄

:grouphug:big-time Footballmouse along with a whole lot of prayers. Please PM me, if you would like a card. I would be more than happy to send you some cheerful CA mail.
Pea:hug:God Bless Grady! :dogdance:God absolutely used him to bring that man some extra joy and good memory.

Lynn, Summer indeed took an amazing🌕picture! :hug:I'm so glad Don's stepsons did visit yesterday in general, of course, for both of you and them, and that their doing so enabled you to more easily get out a bit. I'm sorry, of course, about lack of cashiers and stock--which sure can still be an issue out here that's for sure.

PollyannaMom:hug:Thank you for putting that so very well! I am also very much introverted but not as much as I was as a child. Directing/teaching and church service have helped me become more comfortable in being more outgoing at times. I absolutely do not like, ever, public speaking in front of a big group, well with kids at a camp or something briefly, that's different. For me, the thing I like least is having introduce myself with all eyes on me, no thanks! I definitely appreciate quiet down time and smaller groups or better one on one.

Dad and I are going to be going shortly to a Dollar Tree and Walmart. This will be my last outing for a few weeks. I did want to try and get him a couple Father's Day surprises. Plus, there are some things such as Kleenex (without paying over $2--that is cheap--a box) we need that right now we're not able to order on Walmart.com It would be wonderful for dad to find himself some new pajama pants for Summer and I need some lightweight slippers. Come warmer (I hope) weather in July, as I've shared, I would enjoy getting out on an actual trip maybe twice a month with perhaps taking a very short neighborhood walk during the week. All good and truly such an incredible blessing of His grace to be able to even think about doing let alone being able to. Cherish each day, Friends, as i know you do and remember always to tell those you care about and love that you do! I will come back later and share how our trip went. 🙏of safety and health for us extra appreciated. :thanks:And also that dad keep his promise and stay home all weekend!

Attachments

• Mickey.jpg
    Mickey.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
The haze/smoke is bad here today. We had purple air quality earlier but as the day progressed it's moved back to red which is slightly better. We are getting it from the Eastern Quebec wildfires according to the news. Nova Scotia appears to be more under control since they got some rain. Climate Change.

I'd like to be outside working on my outside spaces, but DD says I need to stay inside. I haven't had a problem yet. The news is suggesting masks as the particulate is larger. Lots of masks so I'll try one later when I plan on an hour before dinner.

Saw a playset I'd like to build for the grands in my backyard. They will be here Mondays and Tuesdays when school ends here. It has two levels and a slide, not overly large, but will complement the Lifetime swings I bought a couple of years ago. I'm hoping we can open the box and bring it home in two cars. The biggest piece is the slide which will fit easily in my car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter