Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

In the spirit of being brutally honest - I don't have much to say these days. I'm vaxed, I'm boosted, I'm fully living life and keeping busy with work and family and, well...Quarantine is not part of my current vocabulary any more! Well, it won't be as long as I don't get it again :lmao: . I'll try to come up with some more exciting posts though!
It is a different world, sort of, then when the thread was started.

I just see it as a soft place to land now, among friends who supported eachother through a rough patch, and still do!

Sometimes not a lot too exciting to say, of course, lol, but that’s ok. I enjoy seeing pictures and hearing about trips and restaurants and others’ jobs and families, sharing the ups and downs, etc.

I hope people stick around even if they don’t always have a lot to say! 🐥

QOTD: What would your idea home look like? What do you like best about your current home?
I would like to have smaller windows and higher windowsills. My windows are 9' tall and my windowsills are only 12" off the floor. My ideal home would have a safe room in it for storms.

What I like best about my home is where it is located. We have great neighbors and we aren't sitting on top of each other.

Update on DD - she received a text from her attorney last night at 9:30 pm. He received an email from the ex'es attorney yesterday saying that the ex said that coming this week was fine. What happened to giving adequate notice so that she could plan, make reservations? It was too late to drive and all flights were astronomical. So it looks like she will only be able to visit for one weekend now.

DD also texted her ex and asked to facetime the kids. He contacted her a couple of hours later saying that they were with his wife, he was on a military reserve weekend. DD then asked if she could have the wife's number so that she could talk with the kids and he refused.

@footbalmouse, I love that you got yourself a little pool! :goodvibes That’s great! I see them on IG and I think they’re nice!

We have an above ground pool. We were talking about it last night. DH and DD use it regularly. I haven’t been in this season yet, but thought about it last night when I got a little sweaty. Trouble is, I start going down the stairs and I get too cold! The water here is still quite cold. July and August it‘s better, though.

QOTD:
Dream house: Somewhere small, cozy and newer, near the water, and near a walkable village. Nothing to fix, lol.

My house: It’s not too far off from my dream house, but always in need of some TLC, as it’s older. I love our outdoor space, and most of the indoor space. Still working on some updates, and a purge. Love our wildlife, proximity to nature and history. Not far from the city when we want that type of outing. Probably pretty close to ideal in our price range.

QOTD....mostly I would like someplace with less lawn and upkeep. A first floor bedroom and laundry area for the future. I love my home now, mostly because it is the house I grew up in, but it is just getting to be too much work.
Snowysmom... one step at a time. None of this is easy but, we are all cheering for you.

I love the duck and pretty flower picture, AuntieMe3! Just perfect for us Quackers! Have fun with your niece. Kiddos sure do grow up fast. Cherish your extra time with her as I'm sure you do and how blessed she is to have you in her life:hug:

:grouphug:Easyas, what matters it knowing your A-okay. Sometimes there is not much to say. Just always know, all of us care! Have fun with your own niece. Too bad you and AuntieMe3 live on opposite coasts or the girls could possibly get together. Maybe one day they along with you and AuntieMe3, of course, too, will meet. I'd also love a porch. Good thinking! I've always liked the DL RR and how at some of the stations it has the more rustic long porch/where you wait for the train. It'd be nice to be able to have a front space with a couple chairs and some potted plots, be able to hang a wreath on the door at Christmas. I'm so glad you have such a porch to enjoy right now.

Hooray for an easy AC fix, Lynn! Filters do need cleaning every so often. That's a good feature about our fancy wall AC's. A warning light will come on when the filter needs to be cleaned. Keep cool, my friend!

Amen, Pea, ITA. it is my prayer that our Quacker family stay in touch for years to come no matter what may change. I value and appreciate each of you so very much. I still hold out hope that one day, in God's time, if it is His Will, we do get to have our meet up. I'm so glad more of you are able to get out now! I, of course, keep in prayer that time will come sooner than later when I truly feel comfortable doing so a little bit anyway. I know by His Grace, it will! Meantime, I'm so thankful for each day always. Oh and I agree that a dream house would indeed have nothing to fix! :)

Oh dear Kirby, how atrocious! Those poor kids. They are, of course, the ones who are truly living the consequences of their dad's unkind choices. I am so very sorry. I will PM you. Continued extra love and so very much prayer!

Good to see you, Dazed! :grouphug: How neat that you are living in your childhood home. Hugs. I would not want stairs either in a home, no thanks.

Wishing all of you a good afternoon!

:grouphug:B&B. Keeping you and your DD in extra prayer, my friend.

I just posted this picture in "Thumper's Thread." For all of dear you, of course, this goes extra.

ETA: I meant to share this earlier. Thanks to Imzadi in the Hallmark movie thread, I learned that through June 30th Hallmark Movies& Mysteries is showing Christmas movies 24/7! Lots of good ones on this weekend 🎄

Attachments

• weekend hugs.jpg
    weekend hugs.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

QOTD - I love my home. My ex is a builder, so when we took this 1913 house to the studs and rebuilt it, he was kind and accommodating in a Princess Bride, "as you wish" kind of way 💕. So - cut the household income in half, and doubled the mortgage, but thankfully able to hang onto it, as my DS absolutely loves his home and I want him to keep it as long as it serves him.

What do I love - my kitchen, which is where it all happens, my lovely little back deck, which we practically lived on last summer, and the patio that my then-15 yo DS and I built during the height of the pandemic. He's more literary than athletic, but moved over 60 wheelbarrows of sand, gravel, and paving stones from the boulevard to the back. The pride he has in that little patio is immense - definitely my favourite place.

Photos are from April 2021 to May 2021 - major transformation!

Attachments

• IMG_8828.jpeg
    IMG_8828.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9410.jpeg
    IMG_9410.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 12
Hugs to all who need them :hug::hug::hug:

Busy day watching the kids (and one didn't feel so well in the afternoon, so hoping nothing comes of that!)

Too late at night to come up with a complete answer to the house question, but definitely:
- Separate AC zones if it's two stories
- a large first floor storage room
- something for the cats to go out safely (a screened porch, courtyard, "catio"...)

Canadisney... That is beautiful! How difficult was it to lay the brick?
Easy peasy! We had a bit of a deadline to get it done, as the neighbouring house was under construction and they were excavating the yard and were going to pour a retaining wall between our properties - we wouldn't have been able to get a mini-bobcat in ever again, as there wouldn't be enough clearance. They were so kind to come over and excavate my yard, but there was no time to find a landscaper who could take on the project. Once we moved a mountain of gravel, I taught my DS to use the compactor and we laid the sand, leveled it with a slope, and then it was just a matter of laying the stones from the centre outward. I laid them all myself (measured about 20 times, spray painted the boundaries), and then it was so rewarding to put in the circle.

The area that aligns with the circle was a bit more intimidating, as I had to cut the stones, which was definitely the hardest part, but laying the stones - other than the physical aspect of shuffling bricks around, it was easier than some of the Star Wars lego sets that I've built:flower:.

Good morning all

@Canadisney Fly --Beautiful patio, and wow that you and your DS did it yourselves,,it's just gorgeous!
Going to be another hot hot day here in Western MD--already closed up and put the ac on (thank God and the man at the heating/cooling place) for getting it fixed before we needed it again

Already watered everything outside and gave it miracle grow. Stripped the bed, just have to remake it and put stuff in the washer. Then I am cleaning the bathrooms and call it a day as far as cleaning

@Snowysmom - hoping your first weekend at the condo goes better than you hope!
@frog3101 thinking of you as always and sending you and your children pixie dust and hugs

Have a great morning--stay cool

88bef675b1379e179c42827766b27b60.jpg

QOTD - I love my home. My ex is a builder, so when we took this 1913 house to the studs and rebuilt it, he was kind and accommodating in a Princess Bride, "as you wish" kind of way 💕. So - cut the household income in half, and doubled the mortgage, but thankfully able to hang onto it, as my DS absolutely loves his home and I want him to keep it as long as it serves him.

What do I love - my kitchen, which is where it all happens, my lovely little back deck, which we practically lived on last summer, and the patio that my then-15 yo DS and I built during the height of the pandemic. He's more literary than athletic, but moved over 60 wheelbarrows of sand, gravel, and paving stones from the boulevard to the back. The pride he has in that little patio is immense - definitely my favourite place.

Photos are from April 2021 to May 2021 - major transformation!

Love your circle! I have a 24 x 24 ft patio with a circle that juts out of one side and has a wall due to permit requirements, slope of the land. It's for my firepit.

I'm amazed that you and your son got it done. Mine included 5 guys working on it and many truckloads of sand, gravel and polymer. That's not even talking about the stone and the wall stone which was an unplanned for expense as I didn't know I would need so much wall. Then we put up a gazebo which now I want to screen in.

Good morning all. I've been running around since 6am and trying to get some order into my life. Stuff just gets away from me, especially when I leave my house and come back.

So I'm cleaning and tossing, including 2/3 of the huge butter cake I picked up on impulse at Costco yesterday. It's good, too good and too much for someone who shouldn't be eating it to begin with. So, I gave our tenant down the street a big piece and my friend on the other side another section. Now it won't go to waste and I can eat some.

Looks like a warm one here today.

Good Morning everyone!

:hug:PollyannaMom, prayers you are feeling much better today. I was a bit concerned about you yesterday.

Quit Saturday around here. I did DVD Small Town Christmas last night, a new-to-me Hallmark movie. I will check it out later. Dad and I will also be looking carefully into phone choices! I want to be sure Allstate receives my current phone well before July 9th when the warranty expires. I know the claim has been approved. To us, $79 is a TON of money. I do hope to have a new phone this next week ahead. Thank you all for your suggestions and please keep them coming :)

🌺have a wonderful day. Extra :grouphug:to you, Snowysmom!

:hug:PollyannaMom, prayers you are feeling much better today. I was a bit concerned about you yesterday.

Sorry I wasn't able to check in at my usual time yesterday. I left early to watch the kids all day, and have been making a big push for a more screen-free summer. - It wouldn't exactly up my "cred" to be glued to my device while not letting them on theirs. :rolleyes1

Then when I got home, I was getting ready for my nephew to arrive, as he stayed with us last night to come to my other niece's graduation later today. By the time I posted, he and DS were off with some of DS's friends, and it was already past my bedtime. :laughing:

It's a hot one out there today. DH has been outside working since about 6:30. He is building a carport a little at a time. Comes in about noon and then back out after dinner. He has lost 15 pounds so far working in the heat between here and for work.

I'm a little under the weather today. Checked my blood pressure and it is good, 127/66, very good for me. My head feels starchy, I know that is an odd word, it doesn't hurt, maybe full of static is better. Just could be stress related due to DD's situation.

I might try to get out in a little bit. I need a new remote for our tv. It finally bit the dust a couple of months ago. I've been turning the tv on and adjusting the sound with the buttons on the back. Not a hardship but nice to have one. Or then again I might not go out.

No explanation needed, PollyannaMom! I was just concerned because you normally are an early Quacker poster. Of course, you know, always, I care about you, my friend :hug: You are a lovely role model for those kids! I know we are still in Covid-time but is there anywhere they could volunteer in a someway once a week? I also realize they are very young. Just trying to think of extra ideas. Or maybe the three of you could bake something and then bring part of it to someone who would enjoy it. I am not sure whether any church camps are running out there. I know, very sadly, that even those can be costly (which to me is wrong) but even a week of VBS? Whatever you decide on, you absolutely have my thanks for all the care and love you give to them!

Big :grouphug:Kirby. PLEASE take care of yourself! Do something just for YOU. Even watch a Hallmark Christmas movie! Take a moment to breath and be still. All of you are going through a horribly draining situation right now. You know how awful I feel about it! I prayed last night for your DD's Ex to listen to his heart, find God there, and heed His call to realize what a blessing his kids are and that he is being trusted to make a kind difference to them! To do the right thing. Please do remember you so matter and we all are here and care as well.

Dad and I watched some of Small Town Christmas. It was sweet. Of course, the fictional town of Springdale is idyllic. I would love to visit it during Christmas. It also made me smile to remember yes, why i enjoy these Christmas Hallmark movies but more than that why being a Quacker family member is so dear to me because all of you are! We, in a way, have created by the Grace and connection, call of God, our own "Springdale," in real life. Right here in faith, genuine care, and kind friendship and support. I thank all of you always, for that!

I just placed a Walmart order for a new phone! Dad found it earlier. It was one I had briefly looked at yesterday and the Galaxy S line that some of you have recommended. Galaxy S7 We got the 2-year Square Trade protection on it. The whole thing was $119, not bad. With the $79 refund on my current phone, that's a bargain and we pray worth trying. It's coming by Wednesday. I'll certainly share how I like it when it comes. Thank you all again for your suggestions. If any of you have or have had this phone, you know I'd love to hear your experiences with it. Thank you.

Afternoon hug to all!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter