Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good Wednesday morning! :sunny:

Another hot one today. I'm going to try to get outside to work on my tan.🩱

Went to a new exercise class yesterday at Orange Theory Fitness. Man, was it a workout! My hips are sore, my arms are sore, my shoulders are sore. But I'm going back tomorrow to take another beating.

Dropped all the peaches off to my sister and cousin. We split a box of Georgia peaches from The Peach Truck, it's a 25 lb. box so I need to split it with others. I picked them up on Sunday so they were ready to eat yesterday, they were so juicy.🍑

Picked up a temporary tag for Ds3's car he bought Sunday. Happy that there will be no more borrowing my car.:car:

Need to get some laundry done this morning and then sweep the floors. So much dog hair!:dog:

The kids and I are going to try to see Lightyear Friday night. I've been hearing mixed reviews so we'll see how it goes.

Hope everyone stays cool and has a great day!:flower:

Mr L still not feeling well from last nite. Either his nerves got to him worrying about my SIL and niece, or he ate something that didn't agree with him. Or it could be a side effect of the increased dose of Trulicity, but we won't know if it's that until he takes next weeks dose on Monday. We ate the same things, and I am fine, so who knows. We won't be doing errands till tomorrow.

Just got a call from the drug company, that they are going to provide the Trulicity free of charge, and the 90 days worth will be here on Friday.

Just had to make 2 complaint phone calls. One to the florist, as the promised refund hasn't been credited. The other to our isp/phone/cable company, for an unexplained $25 increase in our monthly bill. They tried to tell me that it was a promotional price that had been applied only for 6 months. But I had proof of my phone conversation and email with the billing office, telling me that the price we were going to be paying, was a permanent price, unless there was a rate increase across the board for all customers. Guy said there has been no rate increase. I said then either take that $25 off of our bill permanently, or we will be looking for services somewhere else. There are too many other options nowadays, and we have been customers of their's forever. He looked at our start date, and saw that indeed we have been customers almost since we lived here (20 years), and agreed that something wasn't right. He took $25 off the autopay amount that was going to be billed tomorrow..and gave me a $50 credit towards next month. Gave me his direct phone # in case there was any other issue next month. We pay them way too much now for phone, internet, and cable tv, as it is..enough is enough. Time to think about cutting the cord I think!

@lynxstch SS appts are hard to come by and it is a bit easier now. I had to call 4 times to finally get an appt 2 months away. This was in November and my appt was for January. Personally I would apply for Part B now if I were in her position. I have coverage through m employer so I only have to have P art A right now. Just my opinion. I am glad there was a nice service for your BIL. I am sorry your flowers were not done well. That can be an issue unfortunately. I hope Mr. L feels better soon.

Just working today and will take a walk. My hip is hurting again. I lifted some heavy stuff on Sunday at the condo and am paying for it now. I am getting anxious about living alone in 2 days but I have to just suck it up and do it. I have to do it as I have no other choice. I am second guessing staying in the area when I bought. I wonder sometimes if it would have been better to go somewhere that Chris and I never lived and start over. There is so much I can't do in this area, such as restaurants I can't go to or stores I can't go to because Chris and I always went there. I also have this overwhelming urge to get away somewhere. I know I can't right now and wouldn't even know where to go. My mind just keeps going and going. As I said before, I will give this condo a year and then decide if I want to move onto somewhere else. I have no regrets about selling the house. I am just second guessing buying the condo.

Have a good rest of the day.

Happy Birthday to your friend, Kirby! Ao glad you both got to enjoy lunch together. Praise God that at last your DD got to see via Facetime her kids. ITA with Lynn that there should be absolutely no reason why she can't do that every day, perhaps even a couple times a day, and for longer than 5 minutes should she or the children want! Continued prayer all-around, my friend and a big :grouphug:

:hug:Lynn and please keep cool and be careful out there in the heat. Continued prayer for your SIL. I truly hope she gets the health coverage needed and doesn't need to wait that long to get it. Hope by now you just might be cool and home. Love the morning ::MickeyMoand::MinnieMo picture. Just saw your later post. Prayers for Mr. L to feel better! Dad and I sure pay Spectrum out here more than enough! Crazy expensive :(

Keep cool, Footballmouse! I hope you will enjoy the 🎥on Friday.

:grouphug:time and continued prayer all-around Snowysmom. I continue to also pray that a greater sense of peace will find you (I truly believe along with other members of your Quacker family, that it will) once you have settled into the condo. I do remember once years and years ago in the midst of being overwhelmed by being the only person on a daily basis (no other family anywhere near us) doing my best to care for my beloved grandma. I ended up taking an overnight trip less than a couple hours away. It didn't change the situation I was in, of course, but the break was what I needed. You have been through a TON, dear friend. I was so happy that recently you and your good friend were able to take your trip. Have you thought about doing so again, even for a weekend? Please take time to take CARE of YOU! Always know we love and are supporting you and are here. And more than that so is God!

It's been a different sort of morning already! We had a 5-minute power failure around 7:15 or so. The lights have flickered a couple times since. I did hear a few traces of thunder. All is calm and quiet now. It was a blessing to have our two-battery operated lanterns would recommend these and that each of you might consider getting one just to have! On a "light" note or rather, flashlight note, dad dropped a piece of plastic on the floor (still missing, maybe it vanished into the floor lol). I went to get a flashlight to help look for it. Nothing. I got out our Maglite from my college days which still amazingly works perfectly. Didn't find the plastic but I did find a battery that had rolled away when I was sorting through our batteries before dad went to the 99 Cent Only Store. After dad left, I was going to replace the old batteries in the flashlight. I did and nothing happened. I think the light bulb after so very many years had died. I when I went to open the flashlight up it broke! The thin glass top part just separated from the rest of the piece. What's even weirder is I decided to check a second D battery operated flashlight that we keep here in the living room. Same thing! Dead flashlight that now seems to be busted. Good thing dad will be going to 99! 🔦All is good and how grateful, of course, I am for another day! :sunny:

Wishing everyone a good Wednesday! I'll check back later. Oh and :wave2:hi to Easyas! :)

Just a quick hello, too. Thinking of you all, and sending prayers for those who need them. 🙏🏻

I hate to say it because some of you are having such hot weather, but it’s been really nice here weather-wise. Like, perfect weather. We were really happy we paid to have an all-natural company to come in to spray for mosquitos and ticks this year. Previously we would literally get eaten alive just walking to the car. No way could you sit outside, especially late in the day. Now we can sit outside, even at night, and even without bug spray, without any bites. That amazes me. Our birds and bunnies are ok, too. We’ll be doing that every year, for sure. Lots of neighbors did it, too, so I’m sure that helped.

Toto had a vet appt this week. Timing was good because he’s had a little infection, I think from the groomer’s. 😣 Got to see our favorite vet and her advice was spot on, as always. They love him there, said he was loaded with personality, which he is. He’s been a little out of sorts, too. Grady doesn’t understand, and still wants to play exuberantly, but Toto sets limits with him, and then he understands. I love watching dog behavior. Grady loves Toto so much, he follows him around and does what he does. We suspect Grady was kept in a bedroom wherever he lived before (and that his owner was a young man), as he chooses to stay in DS’s room during the day. Too bad when he has a whole big yard to run around in to his heart’s content, in beautiful weather, but day by day, little by little, he’ll learn. It would be nice if he could enjoy it before the cold weather and snow starts up again, though! We sometimes keep a gate up to keep him downstairs, but since Toto isn’t feeling well, it gives him a little break to have Grady out of his hair for a bit. Everyone that’s met Grady has been blown away how nice he is. Someone told me the other day we seem like we’ve been together forever. It does sort of feel that way since I’ve had six German Shepherds before him. It’s almost eerie sometimes! He is no longer bony; he’s developing muscle and filled out a bit, which makes me happy to see. His fur is beautiful - but there’s a lot of it! I brush him and leave the fur out for the birds for their nests.

I watched an adorable little hummingbird right next to my window last evening, but I didn’t dare try to get a picture of him as he was spooked away just by voice. So I just enjoyed watching him without taking pictures or speaking, lol.

DS ordered tires online and they were supposed to come in yesterday, but the order was delayed. So we’re playing musical cars a bit. Hopefully it’s not a long delay.

Last night we made homemade Chicken Caesar wraps using a rotisserie chicken and pita. (Not a fan of wrap bread.) They were good. Also made a cheese tortellini soup with onion, celery and carrots. I was too full from my wrap to enjoy it but saved it for today sometime. Earlier in week we made cranberry stuffed pork chops which were good with butternut squash, string beans and rice pilaf, also made Naan pizzas which everyone likes (better than some of the take out pizzas around us since a couple closed). We took DH out for Father’s Day and they got burgers, but I got a steak tip-shrimp land/sea combo and they were delish, I was full just from the meat (which wasn’t a lot, four steak tips and four shrimp). This morning I made DD and I dropped eggs on toast, they came out perfectly. (Last time hers was a little undercooked so she was a little iffy.) My mother used to make those for me and I always loved them.

Hope everyone has a good day! 🐥

Last edited:
:dogdance:God Bless both Toto and Grady, dear Pea, and of course, always YOU, my friend. Prayers for my friend Toto to feel better! How awesome to have found a way and an all-natural way to keep away the bugs and be able to better enjoy being outside. I'm truly glad it sounds like you have a peaceful outdoor space to do that. God-willing should dad and I ever get to move, I would love if we had some private outdoor space or a screened porch or even sunroom. Would be lovely to have that extra oasis. Enjoy your lovely weather, too :)

SIL kept the appt with the insurance agent. She also told me she made some calls this morning (I guess to the insurance co they had their health insurance through where he worked) and she says they told her she can keep the same coverage that they had for a year after BIL's death, and not have to pay premiums, just the co pays and deductibles. I hope that's true, but I don't see any insurance company doing that.
They are on their way here to tell us everything the independent insurance guy told them during their 2 hour meeting. I told her to at least see if they would take all the info now, and then when she needs them, she can just call them, and they will already have all the info.

Its 96 degrees outside, feels like 105. Severe storm watch out for around dinner time

Woke up to some rain this morning...wow, nice surprise...its been forever since it rained here. We've been hearing some rumbles off and on but I don't think we're expecting anymore rain, which is a bummer. It feels really nice out but a little more humid than I like.

I've done some cleaning today, scrubbed both bathrooms and need to move on to dusting, I'm sure that will help with the allergies....lol I stayed up way too late last night and and woke up earlier than I would've preferred so I feel ready for a nap. Trying to hold out so I can just go to bed early tonight.

ETA.... just looked at the forecast and chance of isolated showers over the next coyote couple hours. Hoping we get a good downpour.

🙏 your SIL truly did get the promised coverage, Lynn!

I hope the 🌧️ will cool things down for you, AuntieMe3.

:hug:PollyannaMom, less screen time is so very important for us all really but kids extra. Thank you, always, for making such a kind difference to the two kiddos in your care.

Odd weather here that feels both a little cooler and humid. Can do without the humid part, always! We got a kind package in the mail from a friend of mine in Arizona who sent us two Dollar Tree glasses cases with the drawstring that we use as cellphone cases. Both Trees dad goes to hasn't gotten these in yet for summer. I use the regular padded cases with the zipper as glasses holder in my car. I hope that each of you received some nice mail this afternoon, too💌

Nice to read how everyone is doing. Our TX grandsons, 10 and nearly 9 came by at 7:30 as I asked and we made this delicious blueberry pie with the blue berries they picked with their parents yesterday. After lunch everyone came for dessert and it was gone in 15 minutes. There’s still a quart of blueberries left that they picked, and I offered to do it again with them on Saturday. It’s a date!

They have helped in the past, and this time they rolled out the dough since my arm can’t support that motion. I had bought store bought crusts, but they wanted to learn what I did, and it went very well!

1655940435710.jpeg
It’s been a fun visit. Our Cape May temperature is only 66 right now. No chance of an evening swim.

Seems to be a spate of tough times - @frog3101 - I agree, it seems that many here are immersed in the ickies.

I had this conversation recently a few times, as I do think, given our recent discussion on the general Quacker age range, we've been privileged to live in a time of relative ease. I was in high school when my parents' (second) mortgage was up around 21% - I can't believe we didn't lose the house - but by the time I finished University, things were pretty rosy on the world stage. Minor creeping increases in the cost of living, ability to scrimp, save, and get into the real estate market, no massive impacts from famine, pestilence, pandemics, wars (no disrespect to anyone who has family in the service, as there are likely those who have suffered massive personal impacts). I watched "business machines" that would fill a room, now evolved into something I wear on my wrist with thousands of times the computing power; flights that were such an unatainable luxury when I was a kid, being flogged on seat sales for less than what I give my son for allowance... every year, there was a general feeling of "betterment" and most people had the opportunity for a good life.

Here in Canada (and I know things are similar for my friends to the south), our inflation rate is 7.7%, petrol is insanely high, interest rates went up 0.5% and are expected to go up again by the same amount in the next month or two. Everything is backordered, the mantra of the day is "supply chain issues", and uncertainty is the topic du jour. I've been raised on the principle of work hard, pull up your socks, and make your own way in this world - I'm not sure that's the formula for success right now..

All that to say - I believe everyone's resilience is low and being chipped away at by all of these stressors, so when something else comes along (health, relationship, loss), it can be unbearable. So to all who are feeling the weight of the world - it truly is a time for kindness and compassion. I hope that you will all have people in your life to help carry the burden so you can find your strength (and find some kind words from all the lovely people here).

I was raised to be a very independent and strong kid (benign neglect - otherwise known as "parenting in the '70s🤣") so reaching out for help has never been my strong point. BUT... it sure was nice to have people checking in on me when I slept in the street yesterday! As mentioned earlier, Passport Canada couldn't locate my son's passport, which we applied to renew over 14 weeks ago, so I joined the unwashed masses in line for the privilege of applying AGAIN. I arrived at 1:00 am, lawn chair and blanket in tow, and was 56th in the passport line (some people had been there since 3 pm the day before!!!). It was a chilly 13C (about 55F), and a cool wind blowing off the water - thankfully I had brought a blanket. I made it through the extended version of Lord of the Rings on my iPad, then fell asleep and woke up at 5:37 am - can't believe I managed to sleep for that long in a lawn chair! They shuffled us inside the foyer of the building at 6 am (the line had doubled in size), and at 8:30 they began putting the first 50 applicants on the list - I was #50! Without going into all the details and stress - I Ubered my son over JUST IN TIME to get him into the Inner Sanctum to the Gates of Passport...Heck (rather amusingly, my son's name is Dante). I wasn't allowed to accompany him, because it was his passport that had expired. After another 2 hrs, his number was called and he went up to the desk, new application, new photos, new guarantor signatures, all his ID - they told him that they couldn't process his application, as his passport had been mailed that morning. Gaaaaaaah!!!

Well - at least I'll have a great story to tell my (yet unborn) grandchildren about the time granny slept on the street in order to get to Disney! :smickey:. His passport arrived this afternoon:rotfl2:

Attachments

• IMG_1409.jpeg
    IMG_1409.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1413.jpeg
    IMG_1413.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1415.jpeg
    IMG_1415.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1418.jpeg
    IMG_1418.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 5
Seems to be a spate of tough times - @frog3101 - I agree, it seems that many here are immersed in the ickies.

I had this conversation recently a few times, as I do think, given our recent discussion on the general Quacker age range, we've been privileged to live in a time of relative ease. I was in high school when my parents' (second) mortgage was up around 21% - I can't believe we didn't lose the house - but by the time I finished University, things were pretty rosy on the world stage. Minor creeping increases in the cost of living, ability to scrimp, save, and get into the real estate market, no massive impacts from famine, pestilence, pandemics, wars (no disrespect to anyone who has family in the service, as there are likely those who have suffered massive personal impacts). I watched "business machines" that would fill a room, now evolved into something I wear on my wrist with thousands of times the computing power; flights that were such an unatainable luxury when I was a kid, being flogged on seat sales for less than what I give my son for allowance... every year, there was a general feeling of "betterment" and most people had the opportunity for a good life.

Here in Canada (and I know things are similar for my friends to the south), our inflation rate is 7.7%, petrol is insanely high, interest rates went up 0.5% and are expected to go up again by the same amount in the next month or two. Everything is backordered, the mantra of the day is "supply chain issues", and uncertainty is the topic du jour. I've been raised on the principle of work hard, pull up your socks, and make your own way in this world - I'm not sure that's the formula for success right now..

All that to say - I believe everyone's resilience is low and being chipped away at by all of these stressors, so when something else comes along (health, relationship, loss), it can be unbearable. So to all who are feeling the weight of the world - it truly is a time for kindness and compassion. I hope that you will all have people in your life to help carry the burden so you can find your strength (and find some kind words from all the lovely people here).

I was raised to be a very independent and strong kid (benign neglect - otherwise known as "parenting in the '70s🤣") so reaching out for help has never been my strong point. BUT... it sure was nice to have people checking in on me when I slept in the street yesterday! As mentioned earlier, Passport Canada couldn't locate my son's passport, which we applied to renew over 14 weeks ago, so I joined the unwashed masses in line for the privilege of applying AGAIN. I arrived at 1:00 am, lawn chair and blanket in tow, and was 56th in the passport line (some people had been there since 3 pm the day before!!!). It was a chilly 13C (about 55F), and a cool wind blowing off the water - thankfully I had brought a blanket. I made it through the extended version of Lord of the Rings on my iPad, then fell asleep and woke up at 5:37 am - can't believe I managed to sleep for that long in a lawn chair! They shuffled us inside the foyer of the building at 6 am (the line had doubled in size), and at 8:30 they began putting the first 50 applicants on the list - I was #50! Without going into all the details and stress - I Ubered my son over JUST IN TIME to get him into the Inner Sanctum to the Gates of Passport...Heck (rather amusingly, my son's name is Dante). I wasn't allowed to accompany him, because it was his passport that had expired. After another 2 hrs, his number was called and he went up to the desk, new application, new photos, new guarantor signatures, all his ID - they told him that they couldn't process his application, as his passport had been mailed that morning. Gaaaaaaah!!!

Well - at least I'll have a great story to tell my (yet unborn) grandchildren about the time granny slept on the street in order to get to Disney! :smickey:. His passport arrived this afternoon:rotfl2:
Omg! Lol! This is great! I can’t believe they mailed it that morning! :lmao: I love your writing style, btw!

@bobbiwoz What a fun thing to do with your grandsons! Pie looks very yummy! (And makes me want some now!)

Good morning, all. So glad your DS finally got his passport, but what an ordeal!

No good stories here, just a foggy morning watching the birds:
2A3D0D8C-43AE-4602-A894-DEBBB9853EC0.jpeg

DFA997EF-8B89-46D5-866E-E243A2BDDCAE.jpeg

Per DS's instance, I caught up on Obi-Wan on D+ last night. Excellent!

My nephew is coming to stay with us Friday, so he can go with us to my niece's graduation Saturday. 😃

Good morning all. How many times are the boards going to be down for 'moving to new server'? Happened again last nite when I tried to get on

Had some rain last nite (not the storms they had predicted), and some of the heat is gone. Will only be 80 today. SIL and niece stopped over after insurance appt..even the girl there had never heard of any company offering health ins. for an entire year with no premiums. So she called them and verified that what SIL had been told was true. Since it is, she doesn't need part B or D yet. Girl at ins. co made an appt for her in Feb next year and they will sign her up for it, well before the July 1 date she has to have it done. They had stopped at the funeral home and picked up a box with all the pics they had left, the dvd the funeral home had made for them out of it, boxes of thank you cards, and the gift book. SIL forgot to take it all home on Monday. They are doing okay, still in a little bit of shock, but SIL is finding out she can do things she never had to do. I even got her to sign up for online banking,,lol. She was making trips to the bank a couple of times a week, I said there is no need to waste time, everything you need is online. They also got her to sign up for mobile banking. She was proud of herself!

It will be off to the grocery store as soon as Mr L is ready. Feeling much better today, thankfully
@bobbiwoz --That blueberry pie looks so good,,blueberry is my favorite!
@PollyannaMom --I love seeing your morning cat (and bird) pictures,,I have 2 cats that look like your cat's relatives, same coloring, same kind of fur, they are such pretty cats.
@Canadisney Fly --OMG..it is awful that you have to go through that to get a new passport up there. I hope they were right and that it was indeed mailed that morning and that he gets it soon!

Might mow later today when I get home from errands (have to remember to stop at farmers market too), going to get into 90's again right through the weekend. Some of the grass is even turning brown, even though we've had rain, it's not enough to match the heat

Have a great morning

6d52fe27f548a01bfbe237bbe8404326.jpg

How it almost 1:30 and pollyanna mom and I are the only ones who have posted today? I've been to 2 grocery stores, and now I know why I shop on Wednesdays,,Thursdays are nuts! I got what I needed and got out of there. Came home and put stuff away (and btw..gas went down from 4.89 when we left to $4.79 when we came back..whoo hoo..lol). got the mowers out and just finished. Much more comfortable with the riding one now,,and I have the whole lawn done in 45 min,,1/2 the time it used to take. I even got the other mower out and went around the fencing and bushes, and trees the riding one can't get cause it's too big. Now I have the afternoon to do nothing..wanna take bets? LOL

The boards were down earlier this morning when I tried getting on. Actually, did a long drawn out post and lost it when I went to submit it. I usually keep the page open so it let me write and didn't clue me in until I needed to hit 'post reply'.

And I sat outside for a good part of the morning and it never got above 66. We are going to be lucky to see 70. I put a little table together for my patio. That was a small amount of time. Mostly I just bird watched and kept the squirrels on the ground versus climbing the feeders. Don't mind them getting some seeds but the one feeder they like to get up there and fill their little cheeks and dump all the seed on the ground. Rascals! The other tube type feeder slows them down considerably so I just put enough to entertain me in the older one. The older one is easier for the bigger birds to feed from.

Here I am :wave:🌸

Missed all of you earlier. What a blessing I enjoyed early this morning when I got to see my friend Glenda for the first time in almost 2 1/2 years! We only got to chat less than ten minutes because she needed to head into work and I needed to get to the dentist, but wow did that ever mean so much to me. I can be a very sentimental person, but I also don't get choked up easily, I did feel a little of both seeing my friend in front of my old/current church where she works, and I used to spend so much time. God-willing I'll get to see her sometime again this summer if she accompanies Terri or Barbara Ann when either of them come out my way. Good friend.

I'm also so very thankful to God to be able to share with all of dear you that my dentist cleaning went better today. I'm not 100% sold on the new dentist. He's absolutely not my beloved old dentist who retired and I so miss. Dr. E does try. I'll see him again towards the end of August. Meantime, dad will eventually be deciding what he does dentist wise (his old dentist retired last year too) keep it in prayer and go from there :)

We're going to be calling Allstate this afternoon. Both of our prepaid Walmart bought Galaxy phones have Allstate coverage (called Square Trade) My current phone the Galaxy A01 we bought on 7-10-20 so it just makes the 2-year warranty period. Hopefully they will do something for us because this phone gets worse :( Yesterday, I couldn't even make a call. It does not always ring or even register a missed call. it's been problematic almost from the beginning 2 years ago. I know in the past some of you have recommended the S22. That's WAY out of our price range though. Any other cheaper Galaxy recommendations? 📱

❤️to all of you dear🐥 and good afternoon, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter