Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

@flyingdumbo127 I am glad your dentist appt went relatively well. It sounds like you need to give this new dentist time to prove that he is what you need at least right now. Your old dentist was so good that it is hard for another dentist to measure up to his expertise. :grouphug: You must have been so happy to see your friend after so long.

@Canadisneyfly I love your story. I know it was stressful and frustrating but in the end, you got what you needed. Your writing style is very amusing and fun.

@lynxstch Glad your SIL and niece are able to get some things done. It is a mountain of admin stuff and it takes time and patience but it sounds like with some help they are doing well. She is fortunate to have her health ins for a while. That is a big weight off their plate. You do find strength to do things you never had to do before. I put together a table last weekend, Granted, it wasn't difficult but I did it. I also brought up the patio chairs myself. My hip is very sore now so my friend who is coming to the condo tomorrow when I move myself in told me to wait until she comes to bring things from my car. She wants to help me out.

Tomorrow I do move into my condo to live. I am anxious for sure. My good friend and I will go to lunch at Chris' and my favorite restaurant. It seems fitting. I ask Chris all the time to be with me and help me through this because being alone is scary to me. Saturday my younger DS and kids will be coming over to check out the playground at the condo complex. Then I will go to older DS's for more stuff. He and his family leave for vacation on Sunday so I have to get there before then.

I was in the office today and it was nice to see everyone. My coworker and friend who lives in Delaware was in the office. I have not seen her since Chris passed. We hugged and talked like crazy. She has crazy family stuff going on and I have my stuff going on so we could talk for a long time. She thinks I should move to Delaware. LOL! My BFF also lives in Delaware and not too far from my coworker. Talk about starting over! When our new office is ready I may go to the office 2 days a week instead of just one just to have some social interaction. The office will be 5 minutes from me so easy to go to and not alot of gas needed. I need to pack up some more stuff and ask my DS to put them in the car. My hip says no.

Thinking of dazedx3 and Frog.

Have a good rest of the day.

I’m here. We had a nice time away. The house we rented was so nice, just steps from Lake Superior. The weather was a bit chilly, we made the mistake of sitting on the top level of the cruise boat. It was so cold! We had campfires while our son played banjo. The sound of the waves was very relaxing.

But now we are back to reality, we had an appt.today with a lawyer to have a will made. I want to make sure we have everything in order to make it as easy as possible for our kids. After dealing with my sisters estate, I really need to simplify the process as much as it can be.
I have been trying to keep up here, but just know I keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

:cheer2:Hooray for a good dentist report for you too, dear Kirby🦷Prayers 🙏 continued for your grandkids!

:grouphug:right back, Snowysmom along with extra ❤️🙏 We will all sure be praying extra for you, my friend, this weekend. I am so very thankful to God that He has given you kind friends and a close family, too. It was wonderful to see Glenda for sure.

You remain in my prayers, that's for sure, Dazed:hug: I'm so glad you had a good trip!

Dad and I are extra thankful right now to wonderful customer service from Square Trade. We will be reimbursed the cost of the phone once they receive it (they sent a prepaid shipping label). This certainly will help making a new phone more possible to get. We may go ahead and get a new phone beforehand just so I (God-willing) have a reliable phone again! Dad's old J3 is still a ton better than my newer A01 ever was, sad to say. Would appreciate any cheaper and more basic Galaxy recommendations. It just has to be prepaid and through Verizon. We will be getting it from either Walmart or Target so that we will be able to have Square Trade for it! I absolutely recommend their protection on electronics and appliances, too. Our microwave is covered by them, too.

3:15 here and once again feels much later! Wishing most all of you a good evening. Happy 3:15 to you, AuntieMe3! :)

Good Thursday evening. :sunny:

Still sunny and hot here and it's 6:30 pm. I bought myself a little pool last night on Amazon and it was delivered this morning. I got it all set up this afternoon and sat outside after I finished working. I told my kids they could join my swim club if they wanted to.:smooth: It's big enough for 2 adults to sit in and do nothing else. It's small enough to sit on my deck.🏊‍♀️

I went to my new exercise class today. Holy crap, it is definitely a workout. I'm probably the oldest person there but I'm keeping up with everyone. I can really feel it in my arm and shoulders. Today we did a bunch of squats so I'll be feeling it in my legs tomorrow.🏋️‍♀️

Ds1 is supposed to stop over tonight after his golf league and pick up some alcoholic Mt. Dew. It is only sold in some states and Ohio or Kentucky isn't one of them. My friend went to Florida last week and brought home 35 12-packs. He asked if I could buy 2 of them from her.

Got my haircut last night. I was really thinking of going much shorter than what I have but instead I just got a trim and a darker color with highlights. Being out in the sun will lighten it up so I'm okay with it.

Previously we would literally get eaten alive just walking to the car. No way could you sit outside, especially late in the day. Now we can sit outside, even at night, and even without bug spray, without any bites.
I know what you mean. I was at my friend's house swimming Monday and after 6:00 I noticed a lot of mosquitos out. By morning I realized my left arm just got bit up by them. I'm sticking to my own backyard.

Snowysmom - good luck tomorrow. I'm sure you'll get adjusted to your new condo in no time.

Flyingdumbo - my electricity went out last night. While I was at my hair appointment a big storm came through. I knew it was going to rain but wasn't expecting a storm. By the time I got home, my security system was beeping so I knew the electricity was off for a while.🌩️

Bobbiwoz - that blueberry pie looks amazing!!!!🫐

Just put a Kroger clicklist order in but I scheduled it for pick-up for Sunday morning. I was able to get the first time slot so I can swing buy on my way home from work.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their evening. :wave:

Good evening everyone.

@flyingdumbo127 - Picking a phone can be a hassle. How much did you want to spend and are you looking for a basic phone? The A13 might not be a bad choice if you are trying to stay under $300.

I finally decided to get the Google Pixel 6. The reviews put both that and Samsung on an almost even level but all reviews said they would pick the Pixel over Samsung. I went to the store near me and they were out. Headed to another one not to far away and I wanted to go to Lidl anyway which is right there. They were out but said the 1st store had them. Went back thinking they had a shipment come in. No such luck but the one salesman who knows me from previous visits said he would go with the Pixel too. Today I went to the T-Mobile store by my parents. They had the phone in stock, but could anything be that easy? The T-Mobile system crashed and I couldn't get the phone. They are holding it for me to pick up tomorrow.

I did see the cardiologist and as expected he put me on a BP med. It must be working because my BP was down a bit today. Still elevated but not as high as it was. My daughter did say it takes a couple days to kick in fully. I need to go back next month for an ultrasound and then see him in 2 months for a follow-up. I do like this doctor so hopefully he doesn't retire to soon. I was surprised to find out he is 62. He looks much younger. He does want my husband and I both wearing compression socks when we fly for the cruise.

I am not looking forward to the cruise because the Cruise Line has changed so much so my husband is insisting I book a trip to Disney for the Food and Wine Festival. I resisted but when my mom ordered me to not go, I decided I haven't been there for that for a few years so I am pricing trips right now. I do have a credit with the airline that I have to use by the end of September so what better reason.

I am off to read for a bit as I like to do every night. My husband will be watching baseball. Hope you all have a great night.

I'm sorry to hear your power went out, Footballmouse! ⛈️ That's no fun indeed. Enjoy your visit with your son and how great you treated yourself to the pool! 🏊‍♀️

:hug:Taz and much prayer always! I pray you will enjoy your 🛳️ and choose to go to ::MickeyMoWDW too. Thank you so much for sharing your phone recommendations. Yikes! How awful though about your new phone. I'm sure sorry to hear that :( I have heard about Google phones. Honestly, I'm used to Galaxy, that's easier for not so techy me! To answer your cost question, under $200! Basic for sure but ideally with a decent camera (or at least a working camera. The camera on my current phone does not work. Dad's does and takes okay pictures anywhere other than inside this apartment. To be fair the lighting in here is terrible. I will keep in extra prayer your phone that you get tomorrow will work a TON better than the T-Mobile (years ago dad and I had T-Mobile trouble ourselves) How awful that you did, too and with a new phone, too :(

Have a good night, everyone.

bobbiwoz, what nice memories your grandsons will have!

DD and I had a late lunch so cooking was scrapped for the evening because we weren't hungry. I ended up eating a sandwich, cut up a very ripe tomato that our neighbors grew. Yum! It was delicious! DD had pot
stickers that she wanted to try out and some leftover green bean casserole. DH had leftover meatballs and rice.

It's raining not too far from us, maybe it will shift over this way. Some rain would be nice. Don't know what the high was today but DH has changed his work shirt twice today.

I was off today so took DS’s car down to get his tires mounted. Had to drive on the donut tire :blush: so took it slow, lol. Got there super early, at opening. Hit Dunkin Donuts for a coffee and muffin and settled in. Took about three hours. Did some grocery shopping afterward and took a little nap when I got home, which was nice. Had stuffed peppers for supper with salad from our garden. About to start a work stretch, wish me luck.

Mona I am so happy to read you got out to see an old friend! That news, I think, made my day! ☺️ And I agree that I think the new dentist is trying - still impressed he got the ultrasonic for you! I wish I could offer some help on the phone but I only know iPhones (and mine is getting a bit long in the tooth). I can tell you something to try for indoor pictures is to put all shades up to let as much light in as possible, turn on lights, and go to an area that has the most possible light in your apt when taking pics. I know it’s not always possible, like at night, or on the north side of the apt. But this will help with any camera that you use, since photography is all about light! (And I am not a big flash person, I like natural light as much as possible.)

Everyone sounds good. Dazed, so glad you had a nice trip! Carole is away now, right? Snowysmom, fingers crossed for you for this weekend. I have a good feeling about this. 🤞🏻 I spoke to my SIL they made it through the anniversary of their loss, but it was a hard few days with Father’s Day and the actual date of passing. But they are busy planning a celebration of life for later this summer, so that’s helpful. Easyas, how is the foster pup doing? Filling up on frozen banana slices? 😝 Lynn, positive to hear you have the hang of the new mower, and glad your SIL has health insurance for a while. I remember my mother doing things that surprised us after my father passed. We called her The Merry Widow to tease her a bit. I guess people rise to the occasion when they need to. We have to update our wills. The attorney for my mother’s estate called the other day. I realized they charge like $400 every time I talk to them so I didn’t call him back, lol. I have to get that finalized.

Well DD came home with a nice souvenir from her trip. And it begins with a C. Yup, Covid. 🤒 She thinks she got it from a young boy who she was in line behind at the slide for a long time at the pool. He was hacking, and the air around them was hot and humid and not moving. Actually told her he had allergies. No mask on because, well, she was in the pool. They wore masks inside everywhere else and on the planes. So she hasn’t been feeling too well. For a while said she had the “same hack as that kid”. Can come off quarantine tomorrow. What a bummer! Thankfully we have my mother’s place where she’s been able to hang out by herself (with her hamster) which has all the comforts of home. Ironic she had put the trip off since January because of Covid.

thank you, Pea for your wish for my dad and all the wonderful pictures! The sunset/water picture by a hotel is so very pretty and wow that there's even a play doh photo. Does that mean WDW has an area where kids can play with play doh? I'll have to Google MK parade, thank you. I'm so glad your DD got to go and that she's safely home now. What an ordeal it sounds like she went through at the airport!
I meant to answer this, Mona. Pop Century is a fun resort that has larger-than-life icons outside each building, one themed to each decade 50s through 90s. Play Doh is from the 70s, I believe. Speaking of photography, it’s one of my favorite resorts to walk around at night to photograph, so many colors and icons so beautiful in their own way. I don’t think they have Play Doh to play with, but maybe they do at some of the DVC resort activity rooms that they have, not sure. Inside the Pop Century lobby they have shadow boxes on the wall with mementos from each decade, and they are a blast to look at. We’ve enjoyed staying there, and we usually visit each trip, too, just to walk around and take it all in. They used to have a really good parmesan chicken but they don’t have it anymore. I would go there just for that, lol. And the tye dye cheesecake, which they have a cheap version of now, in, like, a cup. 😬 The other thing we really loved about in the past is that the CMs do the Twist every morning at 8am and the Hustle every evening at 6pm (or something like that) and we always joined in. I have the funniest video of DS just a few years ago learning the Hustle from a youtube video just for that. Not sure they still do it but we loved it. A lot has changed at the resorts since Covid.
But slowly, some things are coming back, thankfully.

Here are some videos to watch.

I never saw them do it in the lobby! But you can see some of the shadow boxes behind them here:

This is more like it (but I’ve experienced more guests joining in, including us!):

Anyone else here do this too? :lmao:

🐥

Omg! Lol! This is great! I can’t believe they mailed it that morning! :lmao: I love your writing style, btw!
Good morning, all. So glad your DS finally got his passport, but what an ordeal!
OMG..it is awful that you have to go through that to get a new passport up there. I hope they were right and that it was indeed mailed that morning and that he gets it soon!
@Canadisneyfly I love your story. I know it was stressful and frustrating but in the end, you got what you needed. Your writing style is very amusing and fun.
Thank you all - I had to "reframe" the whole situation into an adventure before I could bring myself to go sit in the line, but I now have a pandemic passport story AND my DS has his passport!
What a blessing I enjoyed early this morning when I got to see my friend Glenda for the first time in almost 2 1/2 years!
That's lovely that you were able to reunite with your friend - hopefully we'll all be having many of these little reunions with those who were outside our bubble and that we've been unable to see for years!
The house we rented was so nice, just steps from Lake Superior.
Sounds very peaceful - I spent my summers on the shores of Lake Superior - it was magical!
I went to my new exercise class today. Holy crap, it is definitely a workout.
Good for you! I've been working on my procrastination - that's about all the exercise I've been getting! Hoping to push the inertia out of the way for a morning ride. That stiffness after a workout is a good hurt though, isn't it?
I book a trip to Disney for the Food and Wine Festival.
YES YES YES YES!!!
DD came home with a nice souvenir from her trip. And it begins with a C. Yup, Covid.
Oh no!!! This is what I'm really concerned about - I'm travelling with my 80 yo aunt, and if she gets COVID because of my little Disney addiction, I'll feel horrible!

Today is the day. I am off to the condo to live. I keep talking to Chris the whole time. I have the car packed to the gills with stuff. Not sure if I can do this but I have to. I really have no choice in the matter. I feel like back to square one yet again. They say when life hands you lemons make lemonade. I have made so much lemonade in my life I floating on it. Now, I am throwing the lemons back at life. That is all I have! Please say a prayer I can get through this transition and find some sense of peace at some point.

Good morning all

@Snowysmom you CAN do this. Saying prayers for a peaceful transition for you moving into the condo. Supposed to get hot today, so instead of throwing those lemons back at life, make a giant jug of lemonade! Chris would be proud of you and all of your Quacker family are proud of you!

Its only 60 outside but calling for 88 today. Just had to call the heating/cooling company. I noticed last nite when I went to the basement for something, that the unit was running, but making a strange sound I never heard. I compare it to the tic tic tic of a sewing machine if that makes sense. Then I noticed when I came up, that the thermostat was set at 72, but reading 75 even though the ac part was running. I hope it doesn't take them forever to call me back. They are like 2 minutes down the road, and I told them I needed someone to call or come out asap. Unit is only a little over 1 year old..should not be having issues with it yet.

Edited to add--whew..the ac company is coming out today to look at it. She says he will be up and down the road all day anyhow, so he will stop and check it out. I am afraid of running it, don't want to destroy the unit or burn down the house. Praying that it's just something simple!

Have a nice morning everyone

eb5db12e47569114e44c97b7cbe7c435.jpg

Last edited:
I am at the condo and got my laptop connected to wifi. I tried my work computer and can connect too. That is a relief. Thanks all for the words of encouragement. I am afraid I am back to yelling at Chris. I will give this place a year and then if it is not the right place for me, I think I will move north to NH. :rolleyes1

:grouphug:Snowysmom, we are cheering you on! You CAN do this! Sending extra prayers my friend. I'm not much of a lemonade fan. I do remember as a young child liking lemonade popsicles because they were sweet. Find your preferred lemon 🍋and make some lemonade indeed!

Kirby, I'm always glad to read of smaller moments that brought you and your family cheer. So glad you enjoyed some tasty meals yesterday. Continued prayers for everyone!

:hug:and thank you so very much dear Pea! It absolutely brought me such cheer to see Glenda yesterday. I am looking forward to maybe seeing Barbara Ann this next week when she brings her two new housemates (two college graduates who she is so kindly giving a home to while they start out trying to become actresses) to visit The Farmer's Market Thank you also so much for the fun video and sharing about the Pop Century in general. The only Disney hotel I've ever stayed at was when I was very young, dad won a weekend stay at the DHL through work. Sadly, the biggest takeaway I have from that trip was losing my then favorite stuffed animal, a pink bunny 🐰 Sometime soon thereafter, God brought Minty (another pink and white stuffed animal rabbit) into my life and I've had her and Benjy (stuffed animal dog that grandma got me when I was a few years older than when I lost Pink Bunny in Chicago) 🙏for your DD, I am so sorry to hear she caught Covid :( I may have shared already that family of my cousin Ruth's brother who recently attended a wedding. Everyone present at that wedding caught Covid. In happier TX cousins related news, their 40th Anniversary is coming up. Yesterday they were able to get a much needed new car from CarMax :car: This apartment just doesn't get much natural light at all especially here in the Livingroom. The one bigger front window has blinds. Even when opened because there is a bother big old building a few feet away, there's neither much light or air let in, that's why it gets so stuffy in here. This reminds me of another Community Board thread I saw recently that asked people to share what their dream house would look like. For sure, a new place for dad and I would have a lot of natural light and good airflow, too! I'll make this a QOTD at the end of my post :)

:hug:Canadisney Fly and prayers your weekend is a more peaceful one especially after the passport mess you just went through.

God Bless your aunt! What a blessing that she is able to accompany you to Disney. May you both have a wonderful and safe time!

Enjoy your movie and new pool, Footballmouse! I'm glad to read you have the afternoon off. You work so very hard. I thank you and Pea always for all the loving care you both give to so very many!

Prayers, Lynn, that your A/C gets quick simply and cheaply!

Carol, I hope you are having a fantastic time! Thinking of you PollyannaMom and hope your busy with your kitties latest antics! ;)

QOTD: What would your ideal home look like? What do you like best about your current home?

First off, and sincerely always, I have zero true complaints about our current apartment. I pray every night for those who have no safe and comfortable place to lay their heads and that I might, we all might, be of good service to the Lord to bring a safe and loving home to all of His children. Dad and I are so blessed to have the apartment that we do!

God-willing should dad and I ever get to move, for me, my main "wish" would be a little bigger space that is like this unit on a first floor with no stairs inside the apartment but is safer/quieter all-around. By safer, I mean a place that is completely up to code and well maintained! Especially where HVAC, gas, and electrical are concerned. As I said before, more natural light and air flow would be just lovely. From watching HGTV, dad and I would both love some type of sunroom, screened porch, or just private outdoor space where we could have some potted flowers, perhaps an outside table and if God blessed us even further a dog, too. Oh and for sure our own washer and dryer! Neither of us would want to be responsible for a single family home! I am still thinking (most likely) apartment or maybe townhouse with very minimal stairs or small condo....

Inside, a little more space as I said and it would be nice to have an extra bathroom. 1 1/2 would really be perfect for us. LOL, if we are really dreaming home wise, I envision coming into the space and entering some sort of drop zone where we could put down and wipe down packages and take off shoes/hang jackets, etc. For some reason, I "see" the half bath being near this room to make washing up upon coming home easier. For a kitchen, a little roomier. It'd be nice to have a big window where we could have a round or just bigger table. What's interesting is we both seem to prefer old fashioned and simpler finishes (more red but light wood for example and white appliances) Two bedrooms would be fabulous! I think we'd both like an office/library space so we could get the computer for example out of the Livingroom and make that also a bill paying/general mail space. Maybe we could also have a game or puzzle table, too.

It would bring me JOY if somehow my beloved dad could have a soundproof, or even semi soundproof music room for his piano and a good stereo. I confess he loves classical music and is so knowledgeable of it. Me? Not so much! Maybe there could also be a comfortable reading chair and TV in such a space for him as well.

It seems like these days family rooms or dens or just rec/bonus spaces are the new normal, we would probably use such a space as a library/craft/game area. Something fun and also a space for us both.

What I appreciate most about our current apartment is simply the blessing of having it! I mean that with all my heart sincerely. That God has graced us with a safe home and health for us both, being able to I pray grow closer to one another as we also grow closer to Him...is precious to me! This building is also in a convenient location. It's just the neighborhood is becoming busier and we are off of a very main street (but down a ways). So yeah, if we could ever afford to move that would be lovely. For now and always we are most thankful for what we do have :)

How about each of you? 🏡 Fun to think about :)

Wishing all of you a lovely Friday!

Last edited:
@Snowysmom :grouphug:
@Pea-n-Me sorry to hear about DDs covid but glad to hear its not too serious. I was a little concerned aboit our cruise but I'm guessing everyone needed to be vaccinated(well those who could be) and testing beforehand helped.

Happy Friday all. My niece(6) got here yesterday so I've been busy with her since. LoL Now that she's getting older. I'm not as exhausted as I used to be when i watched her. LOL She actually stayed with DH and DD last night while I ran to Costco and DH commented how much easier she is now than she used to be. :laughing:

Today I have a nail appt so she's coming with and getting her nails painted too. Then we're going over to a friend's to swim and after that over to visit Papa for awhile. It's a quick trip, as she's already going home tomorrow, so we have to pack all the fun stuff in today. LoL

I saw this picture on FB yesterday so thought you all might like it...Screenshot_20220623-164724_Facebook.jpg

Have a great day everyone.

The Peach Truck
I keep seeing ads for that! Our peach season peaks in August, there are peach festivals all over the place. My husband is busy monitoring his peach trees (only 2) as well!
As I said before, I will give this condo a year and then decide if I want to move onto somewhere else. I have no regrets about selling the house. I am just second guessing buying the condo.
That seems smart, give it a year and take the time to evaluate how you feel about it all.
I hate to say it because some of you are having such hot weather, but it’s been really nice here weather-wise. Like, perfect weather
Yeah - it's been downright beautiful here. I told my husband last night that I wonder if we have traded a June w/o much humidity and low temps for a warmer Sept. & October when we will be ready for cooler temps.
Hoping we get a good downpour
We got a good, all night and most of the day rain earlier this week. It was exactly what we needed.
His passport arrived this afternoon
That's a great story to tell! The things we do as Moms...
How it almost 1:30 and pollyanna mom and I are the only ones who have posted today?
In the spirit of being brutally honest - I don't have much to say these days. I'm vaxed, I'm boosted, I'm fully living life and keeping busy with work and family and, well...Quarantine is not part of my current vocabulary any more! Well, it won't be as long as I don't get it again :lmao: . I'll try to come up with some more exciting posts though!
She thinks I should move to Delaware
I hate to brag, but I used to live in Delaware:rotfl2:, and I currently live only a few minutes/miles from the MD/DE state line. Whatta ya need to know? Lower/Slower or Above the C & D canal?
I’m here. We had a nice time away. The house we rented was so nice, just steps from Lake Superior. The weather was a bit chilly, we made the mistake of sitting on the top level of the cruise boat. It was so cold! We had campfires while our son played banjo. The sound of the waves was very relaxing.
Sounds like a lovely time, and good memories made.
alcoholic Mt. Dew
What? That is a thing? I'm not a soda pop drinker, but my eldest is. This sounds just up his alley.
book a trip to Disney for the Food and Wine Festival
Sounds like fun! I've been to the Arts Festival, and the Garden Festival - but never Food & Wine, although one of these days I do hope to make it there one of these days.
And it begins with a C.
Boo Hiss, that stinks. Hope she feels better real soon.
My niece(6) got here yesterday so I've been busy with her since.
Send me some strength - our 6 year old niece arrives to stay with us for 24 hours tomorrow afternoon. She's not bad, we are just out of practice with younger kids! So our patience is often stretched.

So, what's going on everyone? Not much here. As I stated above, our niece is coming to stay for 24 hours tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow morning I'll hit the Farmers Market, and then come home to get started on the weekly mowing. Not sure what is for supper tomorrow, but I think tonight may be a odd combo of pot stickers & a salad. Youngest will be heading to Colorado next week, so we will have the house to ourselves again for a week. He's conditionally been offered - and conditionally accepted- a job outside of DC, pending the Government contract the Company is awaiting. Saturday afternoon we are back on barn painting and Sunday I think we may go out for lunch w/ the kid and one of the dogs...no, no not as punishment haha!!!!
Speaking of dogs, took our foster to the vet for a 2 week check up. He's doing well, infections still lingering but getting better. He has lost 13 lbs, too! He goes back in 2 more weeks, and if all continues to heal well we can start aqua therapy later in July or the beginning of August. It total we are hoping to get a good 40 lbs off of him, so it is a good start. He's starting to be able to move some more as well, and his personality is coming out.

QOTD: What would your idea home look like? What do you like best about your current home?

Well, one of my favorite features of our home is the complete wrap around porch, I can walk entirely around the house, including the in-law suite. We have great views and can always find a good place to sit and watch the world go by no matter the weather. Another thing I love - and insisted on - in our home is the fireplace. I need a fireplace. We also have a wood burning stove in the basement, a gas fireplace in the in-law suite and a fire pit & patio area of pavers down by the creek...I love a open fire. If I was designing a new home, I would add a "dog room" with a wash area. A full walk-in shower for dog washing. I wouldn't mind a massive walk in closet either, but all things considered I like a lot about our current home.

Whew..nothing major wrong with AC unit. Somehow, and don't ask me how..when the filter got changed one of these times..it sucked a piece of paper into the squirrel cage in the unit,,and was making a noise like when you are a kid and clip a baseball card into the spokes of your bike. He thinks maybe the unit was running when I changed the filter, and it sucked it down. Could be,,I change it He toook a video so he could see inside the cage..and pulled the piece of paper out, and voila...the noise was gone. He checked all the coolant levels and checked the compressor..said everything is nice and clean. Told me to be sure to keep the mesh cover on top of it clear of any debris, which I do weekly anyhow..never had anything stuck in it. He said he's going to tell them there will be no service charge. It was his last call of the day,,and he was going right by our house on the way to the shop. I would gladly have paid a service call, just to know there was nothing really wrong, and nothing needs to be fixed or replaced.
Good thing he was just here,,the temp outside is 89 and it was just starting to get very warm in here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter