Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

68 and cloudy here. They say its raining but it's not. Dave (handyman) called and asked me if I would call the gutter place, order the guards, and pay for them. He is going to pick them up tomorrow and have his brother put them on. Good, I won't have to clean the gutters ever again, hopefully.

Please give me your opinons on this-- I am a little upset with Summer (stepdaughter) right now. Her oldest daughter (Lily) is 16. Her boyfriend lives with them. (that's not the issue). Lily posted on FB last night, pics of her and her friends drinking wine coolers at another friend's 21'st birthday. First, she is too young to legally drink. Second, if she's out with friends, are they smart enough at 16 to not drive after drinking? And third, why on earth post pictures of it on social media????
Summer says she's a good girl, that as long as she's safe, she has no issue with her drinking. I know it's not our business but we worry about Lily. She's on antipressants, and bi polar meds and probably should not be drinking alcohol at all?

Dinner is either cheeseburger salads, or cheeseburgers on buns, with buttered pasta and the end of the fresh corn

Have a nice rest of the afternoon

Here's the recipe I'm following: https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/funeral-potatoes/ . I hope it's good. This is a new to me recipe.

It's really windy today. Highs in the 80's for the week. Yay!

I'm a little bummed. We had hoped to begin planning a family trip to Gatlinburg in late May/early June and wanted to get the date set with DD's timeshare. DD contacted her attorney to make sure that we could go ahead but he said that we had to wait till her ex gave her his summer visitation dates. He has to notify DD by April 1st with his plans. Oh well.......

Lynn, Summer is correct but so are you. Lily should not be drinking alcohol, the friend could get in a lot of trouble for letting underage kids drink. And there it is wide open on social media. Kids don't understand how this can one day blow back on them. I would be worried too but Summer is her mom and that's the way she is choosing to raise her. Believe me, I want to step in so many times when it comes to my GK's but I don't because I'm not the mom. You have expressed your concerns to Summer and if something should happen or come of this, at least you know that you tried.

About Summer & Lily - I was a product of parents who felt that if I was allowed to have a drink at home, I would learn to drink responsibility and not sneak around and be unsafe. It did work on me, but I still had a very hard time trying to feel that way with my own son.

I think Lily's reasons for drinking at the party probably range everywhere from wanting to be like her friends to worrying about her mom. And I expect Summer has so much on her plate she doesn't want to fight a battle she's not even sure needs to be fought.

I think as the grandparents, your best bet is to tell Lily that whether she drinks or not is none of your business, but knowing she has safe transportation is important to you. I also think you can get away with talking to her about posting pics on social media. - Make it a little amusing like "even us old geezers know better than that".

Hello friends. I’ve been MIA a few days.

Saturday morning we got up and packed to go down to Andrew’s house. Got a little bit of a late start as there was a problem that my newest communion steward ran into at church. A few phone calls and we got that solved.

Stopped for subs on the way down. Got to Andrew’s so he and Jen could go to a wed ding and we would watch Marty. In fact, I read and quoted some messages while I held a sleeping baby in my arms. Never got to responding until today.

Sunday, we went to North Beach to a bakery they liked and got breakfast and ate outside before walking along the bay for a bit.
EE67342E-50B7-4E25-A1D6-DBED3CCE91FD.jpeg
We went back to their house then they headed to Jen’s sister’s baby’s baptism and we headed home. We crossed the bay bridge and went home through @easyas123 ’s neck of the woods.

We got home and Sarah and family came over. She had been trying to meet up with a childhood friend and her kids for a few months so they decided on Sunday afternoon and our house. By the time the all left, it was dinner time and I was tired and didn’t feel like cooking. We went to our favorite pizza place for dinner. Came home and it wasn’t long before we were in bed.

This morning we went grocery shopping. The prices really are going up.

My soon to be former husband
Your soon to be ex makes me angry.
I totally agree. He is being a real jerk.

because we are expecting a hurricane on Thursday
Where exactly are you in Florida?

I liked the movie Marry Me in Yosemite
I’m glad you and @flyingdumbo127 liked it. Prompted me to record it this evening.

Same here,,that used to be my go to drink,,and I haven't thought to look for it in years. But I won't pay $2+ for 1 bottle!
I had to Google that as I’d never heard of it.

Did anyone see the SpaceX rocket Saturday night
I did not but was it from Wallops Island?

I'm hosting book club tonight
That‘s how book club should be. Ours at church is virtual so none of the good part. What was your book?

I wondered as well
I googled the first time she mentioned them.

Please give me your opinons on this--
I don’t think anyone should drink before they are legal. But, like @Kirby said, Summer is her mother. I would not like her choice though.

Tommorow I have a shift at church then I will pick up my new glasses.

Last edited:
What a beautiful share, Carol! :hug:you were missed, welcome back. I admit that the actual storyline of Marry Me in Yosemite didn't stand out much, but the scenery was sure pretty! It brought back good memories for dad and I as well.

I was blessed extra this afternoon to enjoy a long phone conversation with another elderly church friend who shares Barbara Ann's birthday next week. They will be celebrating together which made me smile. God graced all of us pre pandemic in 2019, by gathering the three of us along with some other friends together for a birthday lunch party for both ladies. What fun that was! one day, in His time, His plan, of course, willing, we will do that again :)

Have a good evening and sweet dreams! :grouphug:

Prayers for all in need.

Lynn I do not agree with underage drinking. I don't believe the kids are old enough to fully understand the consequences. It is up to her mother though what she will allow. I am surprised, or maybe not, that they are putting pictures online. Those can come back to haunt you.
I hope your stepdaughter Summer does get some answers for her health issues. It sounds like she is having a tough time.

I don't like the dark mornings as I have to wait to walk. I will have to rearrange my schedule. Every one in the family has their magic bands except me. I tracked it and it is sitting in a postal facility in the area. It has been there since the 25th. Is it taking a rest or deciding on where to go next? I just want it!

I loved the scenery in Marry Me in Yosemite. The story line was not the greatest but the scenery more than made up for it. I always wanted to go to Yosemite and it was on my list for Chris and I to see.

Have a good day.

Good morning, all! Fairly sunny so far, and a few trees are showing just a hint of color. It should be a nice early fall day.

The cats are happy to be back in their morning "walk" routines, and I'm catching up here on my phone while the smaller one watches for birds.

I'm still a little stuffy. Not sure if it is allergies or a cold (it's been so long since I had one) but I've been resting a lot anyway - recovering from my emotional week. I'll do a another covid test before going anywhere today, though, just to be sure.

Where exactly are you in Florida?
Outside of Jacksonville; I'm about 35-40 minutes south from Jacksonville International Airport, if there is no traffic on I-295.

Prayers for all in need.

Lynn I do not agree with underage drinking. I don't believe the kids are old enough to fully understand the consequences. It is up to her mother though what she will allow. I am surprised, or maybe not, that they are putting pictures online. Those can come back to haunt you.
I hope your stepdaughter Summer does get some answers for her health issues. It sounds like she is having a tough time.

I don't like the dark mornings as I have to wait to walk. I will have to rearrange my schedule. Every one in the family has their magic bands except me. I tracked it and it is sitting in a postal facility in the area. It has been there since the 25th. Is it taking a rest or deciding on where to go next? I just want it!

I loved the scenery in Marry Me in Yosemite. The story line was not the greatest but the scenery more than made up for it. I always wanted to go to Yosemite and it was on my list for Chris and I to see.

Have a good day.
If it hasn't moved in a day or so, fill out a missing package form. It usually helps get the package moving, as they actively look for it.

Last edited:
Happy Tuesday morning! 🍁

Definitely sweater weather now. That's okay, I like my fall/winter wardrobe better for work.🧥

Quick trip to Kroger last night. I went to get some different oats for breakfast this week and this week's People magazine (Queen on the cover) and I grabbed a couple of things for lunch. Of course I forgot the oats!🤦‍♀️

A friend of mine was at Home Depot yesterday and sent me pictures of wood for a deck that they have on clearance. I sent Ds1 (Evan) a picture and asked if he could stop there in a couple of days and grab what I'm going to need to replace some of the wood slats on my deck. Hopefully he's able to get what we need.🤞

I was all over the place with TV shows last night. Started out watching NCIS reruns, then changed to the Reds game ⚾, then over to the Monday night football game 🏈, back to the Reds game, back to the football game and then settled on the new episode of NCIS. Finally went to bed and had the football game on to fall asleep 😴. Talk about not knowing what to watch.

Grabbed some Chicken Salad Chick yesterday while I was out so I had that for lunch and dinner yesterday. Today after work I'm planning to cut the grass and put the Halloween decorations out in the yard so I doubt I'll make anything for dinner. 🤷‍♀️

Ds2 (Jacob) needs to stop by today after work. He can't find his birth certificate or social security card so I filled out the forms needed to get replacements but for the birth certificate he needs to sign it before I can send it in. I tell them every time they need it for whatever reason to give it back to me right away so I can put it back in the safe. Of course, he didn't listen.😠

Ds3 (Mitchell) will be stopping by also today. He ordered new work boots last week from my Amazon account and needs to return them. I printed out the packing slip he needs to drop them off at the UPS store. I also have a big bag of baby formula that we use for the NICU babies at work. They are expiring soon and since he needs to bottle feed his new kitten, he can use that instead of the store bought formula.🍼🐈

That's about it for me. I should probably get to work, office is starting to fill up. Have a great day!:wave:

Good morning everyone. Y'all beat me today. I actually like it being dark in the morning a little longer. I am one who wakes up when it gets light outside early, and this gives me a little more time to sleep in.

I have the handyman coming this morning to put the leaf filter things on, and the floor inspector coming this afternoon.

I have to gather trash, make my grocery list, and vacuum and wash the kitchen floor before 11. So I need to get moving

Have a nice morning all

fed41e341ce0427759fa2f3ce51666a8.jpg

Thank you all, for the prayers and thoughts. It is comforting.

Kris was unable to get Chemo yesterday because his white blood cell count was too low, we will try again on Monday. Chemo is so hard, you spend so much energy and time trying to stay alive, but you don’t have much of a life☹️

This past Sunday we went to see DD’s wedding venue. It is different then any other wedding I have been to. It is set up into 4 rooms with couches and chairs in conversation areas. The decor is amazing, very eclectic. It kind of has a Speakeasy vibe.

We caved yesterday and turned on the heat. I am going to buy Kris a heated throw, he is always so cold now. He has gone through two others they just don’ t last long.

Today I will do more packing for our trip to Maine. I don’t think I mentioned this before, but the reason I have always wanted to go to Maine is because of the Sarah Plain and Tall series. Her description of Maine always fascinated me. I ordered the DVD so we can watch it while in the rental house.

Frog… you’re ex is a complete a… sorry I don’t have much of a filter these days.

Lynn… the underage drinking would have not been condoned here, even though I know it happened. But to “approve” of it, sends the wrong message. But what can you do, you are not the mother. I do think I would talk to Lily about the social media exposure though.

Bianca…. I’m so sorry to hear about your son. I hope he will come around soon. This is so hard for a mom, hang in there.

Prayers and pixie dust to everyone struggling.

Outside of Jacksonville; I'm about 35-40 minutes south from Jacksonville International Airport, if there is no traffic on I-295.

If it hasn't moved in a day or so, fill out a missing package form. It usually helps get the package moving, as they actively look for it.

One of my 'places to stay' when traveling to Florida is the Residence Inn at Bartram Park. It's right off i-95 just south of i-295. There are several other chain hotels there as well, but I haven't used any of them. Last time they were building a new Holiday Inn Express right next door. In the same community are several places to get food without venturing too far.

Good morning. Beautiful day. Jack went bike riding.

I froze the chicken I bought yesterday and froze the chili I made too. Left out enough chili for a quick dinner after yoga. Cleaned up the kitchen and taking a break before I go to church.

We may go to the Delaware shore tomorrow to ride bikes there.

Outside of Jacksonville;
Ahhh. I have been watching the storm. We have a week booked at a condo in Sanibel in the end of October.

Of course I forgot the oats!
This made me laugh because it is something I would do.

Today I will do more packing for our trip to Maine.
Where is Maine are you going? It should be beautiful.

Frog… you’re ex is a complete a… sorry I don’t have much of a filter these days.
I think we all feel that same way. No need to apologize.

Better do something productive.

Good morning. Beautiful day. Jack went bike riding.

I froze the chicken I bought yesterday and froze the chili I made too. Left out enough chili for a quick dinner after yoga. Cleaned up the kitchen and taking a break before I go to church.

We may go to the Delaware shore tomorrow to ride bikes there.

Ahhh. I have been watching the storm. We have a week booked at a condo in Sanibel in the end of October.

This made me laugh because it is something I would do.

Where is Maine are you going? It should be beautiful.

I think we all feel that same way. No need to apologize.

Better do something productive.
We are staying in Harpswell, on Sebascodegan Island. It is about an hour north of Portland. I hope we will see some of the Fall colors.

Tuesday good morning to all from overcast CA,

Dad is off on his usual Tuesday morning laundry and Ralph's chores. I am shortly going to listen to Chris Tomlin's Glory to God in the Highest 💿that dad got me from the library yesterday. We will check out another Hallmark movie perhaps this afternoon. Lots of beautiful coastal pictures later. Do any of you have a beach or shoreline picture that you personally took from a secluded area? A friend of mine wrote a touching beach related experience from her childhood as a story for the book I'm helping to put together. I need a picture to go along with it. Thank you!

Bobbiwoz and other Quacker family, bugs be gone! Yuck! I’m sorry they are swarming around your area more. Not for me! Continuing prayers of health to you and Tom, dear Bobbiwoz, always, you know that🌼

:hug: Snowysmom and well said. I remember even as a young child never understanding why it was okay for places like Dodger Stadium to encourage alcohol sales throughout the game knowing that meant people driving home under the influence. Never have supported that. Ever. I also knew all-too well how the choice of other adults to over consume liquor could easily impact others. Very personal choice indeed but also, IMO, a fine line to be conscience of, extra for kids and especially when cars and/or parties are added into the mix! Prayers that you are able to, should you still want to, experience, a National Park one day.

Big :grouphug:Pollyanna along with much prayer to you for some quality R&R! Please take care of yourself!

:wave: B&B and sending a hug your way.

:thanks:Footballmouse, for including beside your son’s names (DS 1, etc.) that is so helpful to me! LOL, you were switching 📺channels back and forth it sounds like. I do hope you did enjoy some program :)

Thinking of you, Lynn, and sending much 🙏today brings greater peace to you and your family! Love the Sword in the Stone picture.

Extra love and a :grouphug:to you, Frog, always! Please remember we care! I do also pray your trip to Maine will be of healing comfort to both you and Kris.

Prayers for a safe :car: home Judique. I am so very thankful to God for making your trip possible, weather and all! You absolutely needed a welcomed respite change of scene! Look forward to seeing pictures!

A 🚲 ride along a shoreline sounds beautiful, Carol! May it bring you and Jack extra peace and extra aware of God’s Presence with you as you ride, as well. I would love to see a picture. Thanks as always for all you do for God through your church.

Tuesday extra joy to all. I shall check back later.

@dazedx3 Maine is beautiful and hopefully will be colorful when you arrive. Wishing you and your family the best.

@flyingdumbo127 Chris and I have been to the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Acadia national parks. Yosemite just looks so lovely. I can't imagine traveling to any others without Chris.

My magic band has made some progress. Notes dated last night say that it should arrive on time. It has gone up a level in delivery status. I am entirely too involved in this. Maybe if I ignore it the band will be delivered.

Time for my lunchtime walk. The sun is out and it is 70 out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter