Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good morning!
I also wish the people in FL to stay safe. I have friends who live in a care facility and they will be evacuated to halls because they expect a direct hit. She has asked for prayers.
I willed this bird to turn around, but it didn’t! Any guesses as to what it is?
1664375609870.jpeg

Good Morning with 🙏of extra safety for all in the storm's path! May you always remember that no matter what the storm of life, God will see you through! All of us care, too. We're here. Please do check in when you are able to.

Love the pluto:picture, Lynn and that is a big bird of some kind, Bobbiwoz!

Mail reminder to send any packages or envelopes needing extra postage by this coming Saturday. Package prices go up yet again starting Sunday :P I THINK stamps are not impacted this time just packages.

:grouphug:to all. I'll check back later. Quiet morning here

Good afternoon! :cutie:

A balmy 58 degrees for me today. I cut the grass last night and not one drop of sweat.

Ds3 (Mitchell) stopped over yesterday. His new work boots gave him a really bad rash on his feet and just below his shins. I told him to try some Lotrimin but by 4:00 it started to go away. He said he'll see what it looks like in the morning.

Watched the Reds game last night until 9:00 and then switched over to FBI International. I record FBI Most Wanted since that's on at 10:00 and way too late for me.

Dinner was a baked potato with cottage cheese instead of sour cream.

Laundry tonight and watching Survivor & The Amazing Race. Ds1 (Evan) is headed to a concert so no soccer game tonight.

I'm going to put some window clings on my new bird feeder when I get home so I don't have any more birds crash land in the feeder.

That's my day/night, have a great one. Good luck and stay safe to those of you in the hurricane path.

Attempting to catch up a bit. Not sure how good a job I’ll do!

Thinking of you this week, @Snowysmom! Keep doing nice things for yourself, you deserve it. Also thinking of frog, dazed, PollyannaMom’s son, B&B in the storm, and everyone else. :grouphug: My SIL who had surgery got a cancer diagnosis so that wasn’t good, but I think she’ll be ok. She and my DH have a funeral to go to this week. I had trouble going to those for a while after I got my cancer diagnosis, so I give her credit. I think it may not really have set in yet, in her case.

@easyas123 Good luck with the dog (s). I had Toto at the vet’s yesterday for some small lumps we found on his rear quarters. Vet aspirated them, look like maybe fatty tumors. Ugh. I hate when dogs start getting older! We made plans to take Grady in to have his eyes examined, we think he might have some issues with his eyesight, so we’ll see. I am not a fan of Target clothes, usually. I can never find anything there that looks good on me.

Lynn, Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! Such a nice time of year for a wedding! (Great minds think alike!) I never answered your question but my thoughts are that, besides her age, anyone with depression and bipolar disorder really shouldn‘t be drinking. So many wind up going off their meds and self-treating with alcohol, which is generally disastrous, so why tempt it? We let our kids have a beer or wine on occasion at home, too, when they were in HS. We mainly wanted to take the mystery out of it. But with this young lady, I don’t think I’d encourage it. Glad you’re getting your house repairs finished up.

Enjoyed hearing about your trips and seeing your pictures. Wishing @dazedx3 a wonderful trip to Maine. It will be beautiful. Bring jackets, it’s getting chilly here now. I understand how your DH feels with the chemo, but he probably feels worse than I did with his disease progression causing issues, too. Will be praying you have a great time and no problems while away.

@footballmouse Great idea for the bird feeder. That must’ve been an awful sight! Wasn’t your fault, though.

I never really thought too much all at once about how many friends and family I have in FL. Have been in touch with some of them. One, in particular, is quite close to Tampa, and stayed home; a couple of others in same area but evacuated. Praying they all stay safe, and all of your friends and family, too, as well as B&B. I know someone who was supposed to go to WDW tomorrow, I’m sure they’re delaying, I don’t think flights are even running into Orlando, are they? I know the parks are closed. She goes down a lot, though, and I could see her still going if she could.

About to start a work stretch. Have to make some things for a going-away party. Dinners at home have felt kind of boring lately, nothing too exciting. DS, we think, has started seeing someone. He’s a private kind of guy, though, so it leaves us guessing a bit, but giving him his space. Happy about that, though. DD is over the hump with her graduate classes - she has 12, total, and is almost halfway through her 7th. She’s beat, between work and school, but she’s determined to finish. The papers she has to write involve a lot. This class is called Advanced Pharmacology, and she likes it, thankfully, and really likes the professor, who gives lots of good feedback. DH’s toe is healing nicely. Still a little painful, but overall not bad.

Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone! 🐥

I never really thought too much all at once about how many friends and family I have in FL. Have been in touch with some of them. One, in particular, is quite close to Tampa, and stayed home; a couple of others in same area but evacuated. Praying they all stay safe, and all of your friends and family, too, as well as B&B. I know someone who was supposed to go to WDW tomorrow, I’m sure they’re delaying, I don’t think flights are even running into Orlando, are they? I know the parks are closed. She goes down a lot, though, and I could see her still going if she could.

MCO is closing tonight, so no, they won't be flying in.

Good afternoon everyone....I've missed so much. Hoping to catch up at least a little bit but I've been gone more than a week, I think soo might not be able to catch up with that much.

Just been busy and not really wanting to be online much lately. I'm out of town with DH for work right now so I thought I'd pop on while I'm waiting in the hotel lobby for our room to be cleaned. I have a cold or something(not Covid) right now so my usual hotel walking routine isn't happening. I did wake up feeling better today than yesterday so hopefully I'm on the mend.

Found out my sister and her family will be moving out of state for a job opportunity her DH was offered. While I'm sad we won't be as close as we are now, I know this will be a good move for them and I'll visit as much as I can.

I've been thinking of you all...:grouphug:

I hope everyone in the way of the hurricane is staying safe.

Lynn Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary.

My DS Kenny went to the Red Sox game last night. His friend had tickets for the first row just behind home plate. So I tuned in to see and sure enough he was right there. I took a couple of pictures to send to him so he could see. I sent one to Jeff too as he does not have cable. I am sure he had a good time even if the game wasn't the best.

I came back from the office and then decided to get gas in the car and stop at a small local grocery store for some goodies. I am indulging a bit for the next couple of days. I got some pulled pork as they have really good pulled pork that they make there. I also got a small piece of cheesecake to eat over the next couple of days. Jeff and family invited me to dinner tomorrow night so I had to pick up a dessert for that so I got some chocolate rolls. The kids will love those. I am sticking with the cheesecake. My magic band was delivered today so I am charging that. Magic band plus is a new experience. I also have 2 regular magic bands that should still work.

We are winding down with getting Joe's appt cleaned out. The cleaning and trash and junk removal guy call yesterday with an estimate so we went ahead and have him doing the work today. Thankfully the management team at the housing complex let him in. He was recommended by them. Once it is all cleared out the complex has a cleaning person to come in to get it into rental condition. I am sure they have someone from the waiting list ready to move in soon. It has been alot of work and alot of emotion in helping Joe through his illness and the aftermath. But, we all agreed that it was something we wanted to do and hope Joe had a sense of peace knowing he was taken care of.

The weather is really nice today. Sunny and around 70.

Have a good rest of the day.

All grocery shopping and errands done. Aldi's had an issue with their credit/debit card machine this morning..Luckily it came back online 2 customers before me in line. They don't take checks, and I don't carry much cash. He said it was something with people and Instacart things that messed it up.
And I got excited this morning when we drove by our Dollar General, which has been closed for 1 1/2 years. When they built it, they built the retaining wall on the side too close to the store, and it collapsed. They had to shut the store down, empty everything out, and we never thought it would open again. But there were a whole bunch of trucks there, and a crane over the top of the bldg, tearing the old wall down. So hopefully, we will have our Dollar General back. It was convenient as I could walk down and back in 20 minutes and get what we needed.

Walmart had a lot of empty spots on the shelves again. Fries, whole milk, dry pasta, etc. I got all excited that my chocolate milk came down 6 cents from last time, lol

I was going to mow the lawn when I got home..but it's supposed to be a bit warmer and less windy tomorrow. And then I but got busy online shopping. We bought ourselves a new 60" tv for our anniversary and I bought myself a blu ray dvd player to go with it. We still have just the old fashioned kind. Now I can look on Amazon again and see if we still want that credenza or something else for it, or just want to go with a 'table top' stand and use the tv cabinet we have now. I kind of like the one we have. It's got shelves on the side, and 2 shelves inside glass doors. That's where we have the dvd player on the top shelf, and all our dvds on the bottom and sides. I think I have a headache from spending too much money today, lol. But we don't go out, we don't travel, etc..so tv is our only luxury, we might as well upgrade our equiptment. I ordered the tv and dvd player on Walmart, as they were quite a bit cheaper than Amazon, which is unusual. Now we have to get the stand and a new HDMI cable for the dvd player. Our old one didn't have that kind, and the guy at Walmart said as
far as he knew it didn't come with you. Neither does the tv, but we have a good one that we bought for the tv we are using now.
Dinner tonite is going to be peppercorn pork tenderloin, acorn squash, and haven't decided if we are just using the rest of the pasta I cooked Monday or rice.

Have a nice rest of the afternoon..

:hug:Lynn any price decrease is always cause for :cheer2:these days extra! I hope Dollar General does return for you. We only have Dollar Tree stores out here. Yay, so thankful you and Don treated yourselves! May you both enjoy many good shows and DVD's on your new 📺📀player.

I came to back to say :thanks:again to all of dear you for your larger bowl suggestions for my dad for Christmas. You Customize It, the website, was able to edit the design for me. They are currently offering, just as an FYI, free shipping on any order, so I went ahead and got the below bowl. I'm pleased with it. I did look at it with all green letters and decided the middle red makes it feel more Christmas like and also nicer. What do all of you think? Hope you like it, too.

Attachments

• Dad bowl1.png
    Dad bowl1.png
    286.8 KB · Views: 3
What a nice gift to yourselves, Lynn! Good for you!

Your post reminded me, I meant to mention two things I found outrageously priced this week at the grocery store: toilet paper and… shoot, now I can’t remember what the other one was! I‘m sure it will come to me. 🤔 The good part was, I wound up getting my flu shot since no one was at the pharmacy, and I got a 10% off grocery coupon for doing so, which was a nice surprise.

Lovely bowl, Mona! I’m sure your Dad will love it!

I get it. But I always liked Marg, so I'm excited to see the second season. Wish they'd bring back Nick at some point.

I watched them all as well, and the original was my favorite. I've been rewatching and am up to season 8. Don't even remember cyber, although I vaguely recall watching. It was very short lived. I sort of liked Miami, although Caruso was a little old for the role even at the time. NY was also OK, but I really like Gary Sinese.

@flyingdumbo127 I do like the bowl. The pine cones are very festive.

Paper products are getting ridiculously expensive.

Starting to get low on some of them also. Aldi's had no kleenex, only a few pkgs of toilet paper, and about a dozen 6 packs of paper towels. I never buy those at Walmart so I didn't look to see if theirs was down too. Aldi's prices have all gone up also, and a lot of things in their circular today , they didn't even get in.

Thank you all so much for your kind bowl words. I will ask Terri to get me a bag of granola in December that I can wrap along with the bowl. I'll get dad a gift card for fresh berries. For the smaller, bowl, I can also get a get gift card so he can get himself some ice cream.

ITA on outrageous prices and outages, so very sad all-around. The hardest item to find for us either in store or online (unless we go with Ralph's or Pavilion's brands at high costs for only 20 bags) are unscented 8-gallon trash bags ideally with drawstrings so they are heavier weight. We are able to get 7-10 gallon from Smart and Final but somehow these bags don't seem as big as Walmart's Great Value Medium Trash Bags (apparently a relic of the past in its unscented variety that we want). I do check Amazon daily for stock/decreases in our Campbell's Chicken Broth (it's typically $2 at the grocery store) along with a couple other products that used to be much cheaper like everything else! 🙏always to each of you to be able to both afford and find truly needed items!

Holy smokes..Walmart just beat Amazon as far as service. I got an email saying my order was out for delivery. I looked to see what order, since I ordered 4 pairs of jeans yesterday. I saw it was the tv and the blu ray. A little icon on a map showed me the drivers route, and I could see when she turned onto our street. We are amazed that it's here,,since it said in stock for delivery tomorrow..that it had to come from the warehouse (which is in Bedford PA from here), and I called the store before I ordered it online and asked, and the guy said they had none..just the display which they couldn't sell. Yet this driver just came from our Walmart store? That box is HUGE! The driver said she ordered a tv last night, and they cancelled her order saying they had none in stock. She went to work this morning, and literally walked by 3 of them in boxes. She got her manager to okay having one put in the back room until she got off today. She said she happens to know there are at least 2 more of the one we ordered sitting on the shelf. Someone isn't paying much attention! We have to wait for the stand to get here to open it. I have 3 cats sniffing around the box already. I gave in and turned the heat on, just to warm up the house. I was cold, which I never am, which means Don had to be freezing!

Good morning!
I also wish the people in FL to stay safe. I have friends who live in a care facility and they will be evacuated to halls because they expect a direct hit. She has asked for prayers.
I willed this bird to turn around, but it didn’t! Any guesses as to what it is?
View attachment 706030
It looks like an Osprey to me. That guess is from the brown marking across the middle of it's white head. Could you tell if it had a white underside?

My former coworker who is also a friend has her mother in an assisted living facility in Tampa. They completely evacuated her building but I haven't heard where the people were taken. This was done a couple of days ago as some are quite aged and need walking assistance. Prayers for all as this is a serious storm.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter