• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Before 9/11, you were allowed to go to local football games or some sort community event if my memory is correct.

Years ago, you were allowed to give gifts and cookies. However, we saw recruits going back with gigantic bags of gifts. It is easy to understand the rule when you saw the booty that was brought back by some. We always gave phone credit cards, remember them??

As far as being tired. One year both recruits took 3 hour naps!

We have had recruits on crutches.

One year a guy called his fiancé and she broke up. It was very very emotional for him. My DDIL, Mimi, talked him through not wanting to go back.

We have had as many as 5 recruits at a time. One year there just weren’t that many volunteers.

Huge :thanks:PollyannaMom! You truly are both so kind, my friend, and tech talented as well. I feel truly terrible to ask is there a EASY (not very time consuming) way of increasing the resolution? You know that is foreign to me! Asking because CVS, once again, is claiming "low resolution," and says any size of this image won't well print as a picture. PLEASE do not spend more than a few minutes on this! You know, I sure pray, that is never my intention for you or any other dear Quacker family! PM-ing you!

:hug:Bobbiwoz and thank you and Tom so very much for sending in your application! I do agree with PollyannaMom about an awful lot of rules some of which don't seem to make much sense. Thank you both extra for choosing to go forward anyway especially during Covid times. I would love to participate in such an event one day.

Thinking of you, Lynn! 🕊️🙏

Last edited:

Huge :thanks:PollyannaMom! You truly are both so kind, my friend, and tech talented as well. I feel truly terrible to ask is there a EASY (not very time consuming) way of increasing the resolution? You know that is foreign to me! Asking because CVS, once again, is claiming "low resolution," and says any size of this image won't well print as a picture. PLEASE do not spend more than a few minutes on this!
Not that I know of. I was working on the iPad, so I just saved your "jpeg" file, whited-out the string, and reposted it. If the file was low-res to begin with, there is no way I know to change that. 😕

Good Morning. @ Bobbiwoz So kind of you to host the coast guard recruits.

I am waiting for it to get light out so I can walk. The heating guys are coming today to do some repair work. A couple of parts have worn out. The water in this town is not the best so water tanks can go within 7-8 years which is about right for this system. I just want the the heating, cooling, and water heater to be in good condition for the winter. I don't want any surprises.

Have a good day.

Good Monday morning! 🍂

Worked all weekend so today I'm working from home, the dogs are happy about that.

Coast Guard recruits will once again be welcomed to local homes for two meals on Thanksgiving and Christmas!
This is awesome! I would definitely submit an application if I lived in the area. I understand why you can't give them gifts but it would be hard not to. I remember when Ds1 (Evan) was stationed in Alaska for his first holiday, Thanksgiving. I was so worried that it would be just another day for him. When I talked to him that morning he said that his sergeant and his wife were having all the guys over to their house for dinner. That made me so happy and relieved.

Same with Survivor,,no favorites, and I don't see any 'eye candy' guys to watch this season either,,they are slipping, lol!
LOL, I said the same thing to my sister! I think this season will be a "record" season for me (I'll watch it when I get around to it).

Not much else going on, guess I'll get back to work. Have a great day! :wave:

Good morning all!

Just dropping in to share some sunrise with you.

1664194702710.png
Almost certain this is going to turn sideways

Here's another:

1664194930387.png

I came by myself to get away and enjoy some alone time. DD and one grand dropped in and stayed Saturday night so I waited until later on Sunday to come here. I was hearing rain but the weather was beautiful and looks to stay that way.

Meanwhile, I've had a few 'why didn't you invite us' from family, despite the fact they all have to work today.

I'm only staying 2 nights but that's enough. My biggest worry is that the organics got picked up this morning, so my mind is obviously resting peacefully. Later on I will go bird watching.

Good morning all

@Judique What a beautiful start to your day..that sunrise is amazing. Enjoy your time there!

Going to be 70 today and only going to low 60's the next few days. The sun is shining and the winds are gone , so that's a plus

More window washing will go on today, and I may start removing stuff like the decorative fences around my plants/bushes outside, getting rid of the petunias and coleus that are dying off, and putting away more lawn decorations so I can decorate for fall and Halloween. My Hocus Pocus 'I smell children' flag should be here today-- I can't wait to put that one up.

Our tivo is almost empty,,good thing as there are a ton of shows Don (DH) and I need to start taping this week. We get to a few of them each night, and try to catch up on the weekends.

Have a great day everyone

OIP (2).jpg

I guess she has definitely done this before (one longer term relationship with another man and more than a few trysts)
Karma...if that is her pattern your soon-to-be ex-husband will soon be seeing the back of her and then he'll really feel like the A*H* he's been acting like! I hope the kids, and you, are holding up well.
We're going to look more for a new fridge along with a new cart/cabinet to hold out microwave.
Have you tried any places like Wayfair or Target? Or maybe Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist?
We had a severe storm about an hour ago. Rain so hard that you couldn't see outside, lightening close enough that the power flickered a few times.
We watched it go around us last night. Thunder & lightning, dark skies and it curved right around us. 20 minutes away my brother had a downpour! It's funny how storms cross the bay and often will follow the curve of the river(s). We were hoping for some of the rain, now I guess we will have to see if we catch any remnants of Hurricane Ian next weekend.
Asking once again for prayers for Summer
Sending good thoughts, hope the Dr.'s can get her situated soon.
Operation Fireside will once again be in person
What a great program, I wish we were closer. We used to have a Coast Guard station near us, but they closed it. My nephew is in the Coast Guard, but currently down in LA.
'why didn't you invite us'
To which I would reply "because sometimes I need a few minutes to myself" :lmao:

Good day to you all. Hope everyone had a good weekend. We were busybusybusy all weekend, worked outside Friday, Sat & Sunday all day outside but we got a LOT accomplished. My husband did carve out a few hours to go crabbing so we have crabs to pick tonight. Next weekend looks like a working weekend, too. We have to bring a silo down in the next month or so, so we are trying to figure out what equipment we need to move up here for that. Our long awaited vacation is just 5 weeks away now, and I think we will be busy until then, but it's nice to have something to look forward to in a little over a month.

Did anyone see the SpaceX rocket Saturday night? We did - purely by accident - and didn't even know what it was we saw until the next morning! Got some pretty cool pictures of it.

Made beef soup in the crock pot yesterday for dinner. Tonight I'm just ordering a pizza.

Happy Monday to all,

Quiet morning around here. I just enjoyed some🥞. Dad will soon be off on shopping errands. What a blessing it will truly be to one day be able to accompany him! Can't wait :)

Pea, a quieter weekend can be a lovely blessing of extra peace indeed! :flower3: Prayers yours was just that.

:hug:dear PollyannaMom, and truly thank you again so much. How is your son feeling? How are the twins doing in school? Thinking of you.

Snowysmom, you absolutely don’t want any heating or cooling surprises especially out there with ❄️ to come!

Aw, God Bless the kind folks who helped brighten our Evan’s Christmas 🎄in Alaska, Footballmouse! I thank him along with the rest of your family for your service to our country.

A morning 🚲 ride sounds lovely, Bobbiwoz, enjoy my friend!

Big :grouphug: Judique, How grateful I am that God made it possible for you to take a restful trip just for you! Enjoy every minute of extra tranquility. May you also grow closer to Him through your peaceful surroundings. Beautiful pictures! Love the rocky beach! I Googled adult tricycle once more this morning. I’d enjoy trying one out along with a sit-down scooter as I have seen on Price is Right.

Lynn, I hope you Don will enjoy some new 📺 shows. Dad, and I need to catch up on watching 3 Hallmark movies we recorded. As always, your cleaning plans amaze me!

Yikes, Easyas, sounds like a crazy storm ⛈️. Prayers you all stay safe. God Bless indeed your nephew. I thank him and the rest of your family also for your service to our country. Please do let me know one day when this Covid mess is over when you come out here to see him. Thank you also for the site suggestions :)

Have a great rest of the morning, friends. I'll check back later.

:hug:dear PollyannaMom, and truly thank you again so much. How is your son feeling? How are the twins doing in school? Thinking of you.

He didn't mention his stomach when I talked to him earlier, so that either means it's feeling fine...or still not feeling fine, but he doesn't want me constantly worrying until the follow-up.

I missed my day with the twins while I was in Maine, so I really haven't heard much about school yet. I am curious myself.

Thank you for asking.

Love all the pictures! I'm really feeling the need for a short trip getaway!

Sitting down for a short break before I get back up. I'm hosting book club tonight. Lou Lou and I went to Kroger for some last minute things plus flowers for my table. I'm serving pulled pork, slider buns, funeral potatoes, green beans wrapped in bacon, fruit and no bake white chocolate cheesecake with strawberries. DD made the green beans and cheesecake. Just need to bake/add finishing touches later today.

Love all the pictures! I'm really feeling the need for a short trip getaway!

Sitting down for a short break before I get back up. I'm hosting book club tonight. Lou Lou and I went to Kroger for some last minute things plus flowers for my table. I'm serving pulled pork, slider buns, funeral potatoes, green beans wrapped in bacon, fruit and no bake white chocolate cheesecake with strawberries. DD made the green beans and cheesecake. Just need to bake/add finishing touches later today.
What are those please?

Always, dear PollyannaMom. I care, so very much:hug:

I'm so glad you are enjoying your 📕club, Kirby! Thank you for sharing with all of us, and more extra, about it.

I also never heard of those 🥔's Lynn. Thanks for the link, Easyas!

Dad was able to get some needed items at the 99 he went to this morning, same with a package of labels at CVS. He should be, I pray, out of Target by now and just stopping quickly by Sprouts (which is very close to Target) before coming home. Wishing all of you a good afternoon :flower2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter