• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

792CD2D7-F4F4-4B45-8A80-576F09FB7EA2.jpeg

9CD1E5A9-340B-4FBB-8FA0-AA38E83FE26A.jpeg

Beignets from POFQ

76351F8F-2440-49FC-8C7A-DDC3082AB524.jpeg

Pop Century

DFD33C64-831D-4B8E-82A5-8CABB94B72A5.jpeg

Braised Pork Tacos with Crispy Slaw Salsa Verde with Cotija Cheese and Marinated Fruit from and La Fresca Limonada from Three Bridges Restaurant

03DA04F7-0C86-4514-844D-790ADDF0C08A.jpeg

Chocolate didnā€™t travel well in heat

F50FB6DD-7EFF-4695-BDCE-59E9B3593071.jpeg

A9C08B11-491B-4298-A2A1-C2DAB290213A.jpeg

Something for doggies!

C7CD66F7-064A-4B42-9C7F-B5F55886344D.jpeg

0D00C88D-2B27-4AD7-9553-9713758B2F2F.jpeg

DS has always wanted a monorail set. Weā€™ve joked about it since DS was little. (ā€œBut we have nowhere to put it!ā€ :lmao:) Well DD bought him one and had it sent home! šŸ˜³ šŸ„° Yesterday the UPS truck pulled up and the driver hops out of the truck with this huge package, lol. DS was so happy! Iā€™m glad we were all home when it arrived, it was really fun with a lot of laughs! (I thought maybe heā€™d save it for his own house someday but nooooo, of course he had to set it up right in the middle of the living room floor right then and there with the dogs walking around, etc. We had to put the gate up so Grady didnā€™t bowl it over! Now all put away.) DS and DH are going to concoct some sort of table for it and weā€™ll find a spot for it in our family room. Now he wants to get more pieces for it but some of them, like the Contemporary figure, go for $500+ on EBay! We thought maybe we could figure out how to make some, lol. (DS had to spring for new tires this weekend, lol!)

:hug:and thank you, Pea for your wish for my dad and all the wonderful pictures! The sunset/water picture by a hotel is so very pretty and wow that there's even a play doh photo. Does that mean WDW has an area where kids can play with play doh? I'll have to Google MK parade, thank you. I'm so glad your DD got to go and that she's safely home now. What an ordeal it sounds like she went through at the airport!

I hope your DH enjoyed his chaffles, PollyannaMom. I had to Google to find out what they were šŸ§‡

I attached two pancake pictures. a close up and a second so you can better see the shape of the cute pancake plate.

Attachments

• Pancake.jpg
    Pancake.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Father's Day Pancakes.jpg
    Father's Day Pancakes.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 4
DD didn't go to church with us today. She's really missing the kids and seeing all the happy families there would have made it worse. It will take another week or two before she's ready for that.

DD treated us to Father's Day lunch at El Fenix Mexican Restaurant. We got there right before the big crowd hit.

News on DD's situation, she received an email from her ex yesterday. Seems like all weekends are being booked for trips yet to be determined so none are available to her to come and see the kids. She has two weekends for visitation as per their decree. He's trying to keep the kids from her. She texted him yesterday to speak to the kids and he said they were unavailable. She is going to text again today. If he won't let her talk to them by tomorrow, she's going to let her attorney know that he is not letting her talk to them.

Just a couple of flower pictures from my yard. My Hardy Hibiscus.

20220615_105545.jpg

Rain Lilies
20220615_105608.jpg

Sorry about the sideways picture, Black Eyed Susan?
20220617_081911.jpg

News on DD's situation, she received an email from her ex yesterday. Seems like all weekends are being booked for trips yet to be determined so none are available to her to come and see the kids. She has two weekends for visitation as per their decree. He's trying to keep the kids from her. She texted him yesterday to speak to the kids and he said they were unavailable. She is going to text again today. If he won't let her talk to them by tomorrow, she's going to let her attorney know that he is not letting her talk to them.
What a rotten person he is. :mad:

Your flowers are gorgeous!

@Bianca and Bernard Mr L takes Zyrtek too..and his allergies were fine as long as the windows were closed in the heat. Yesterday and today they have been open as its cooler and breezy, and they are bothering him..also I love Gordon Ramsey scrambled eggs..it makes such a difference cooking them as he does.
@Pea-n-Me I guess our mini vacation living vicariously through your daughters pics is over. Glad she finally made it home, sorry she had a hard flight. And thank you again for sharing her pictures, and to her for sharing them.
@Kirby--that is just awful how he's treating her. She has a right to her kids, just as he does. My first call in the morning would be her attorney.

I got Mr L some badly needed new shorts, and 6 tubes of various 'man' scents lotions from Bath and Body Works. All 3 kids called, so he was very happy.

Its sunny and 77 out. SIL and niece called me this morning and asked if they could stop over after church. I told them they didn't need to call anytime, just show up. They spent most of the afternoon with us,,just talking, crying, reminiscing, etc. Mr L explained to her the best he could about Medicare part B, D and to get a supplemental. The lady at BIL's work is going to help her with it, as is SS. She has a call into them for an appt to get everything straightened out. She will have no health insurance after June 30..so that's first on her list on Tuesday morning. She is somewhat at peace about how BIL passed. He always said he didn't want to die alone, or die somewhere like a hospital. She said when he passed,,it was just so still..all the 'hectic' had passed, and she knew that God was in the room with them. And for her that was a little bit of a closure, as their Faith is extremely important to them. I had gotten her a silver cross that says "Faith is always with you", and I gave it to her when they left. I wanted to give it to her tomorrow, but then I stopped and thought that tomorrow would be trying enough on them, without adding more. She loved it,,cried some more, and says it will be one of her treasured possessions. She said everyone is being so kind, with condolences, offers to help, and stories of her "Steve',,she said she's learning things about him she never knew,,and they were married for 38 years!

Dinner is going to be crabcakes, sliced potatoes, and corn on the cob. I begged stepson who is the manager of Harpoon Hannah's in Ocean City to send me some,,he said he will send more to replace what we are using today :)

Have a nice evening all

:grouphug:Kirby. What an atrocious situation for those poor kids and all of you, of course, too. I am so sorry, my friend. Prayers for all of you! I am not an attorney calling fan. I would absolutely have your DD call hers first thing in the morning! Heartbreaking.

:hug:Lynn. I am so glad you and Mr. L had a nice day and that he got some surprises as well. Continued prayers for you both and of course your SIL and niece. I love that you gave her that cross and that she is feeling more at peace with his passing. Of course, how grateful I am to God that she knew He was with her BIL as he passed,

Pollyanna, :hug: to you too my friend and ITA that Kirby's flowers are gorgeous indeed! I especially love the rain lilies and had never heard of those flowers beforešŸŒŗ

Hello to all. It has been an awful day. Kids left to be with their dad and I have been a wreck since. Too many emotions and I just feel like I am drowning. I didn't even go eat lunch with the rest of my family as I am just too sad. I will call my dad later. He is a wonderful dad and has been a rock for me during all this mess. I honestly have not gotten out of bed for most of the day. I just need a schedule so I know what I am dealing with.

@Kirby how awful for your daughter. I am so sorry she is in such a mess. She definitely needs to call her attorney ASAP, that is crazy. As much as I would love for my kids to not see their dad at the moment, I know that he should see them. What a horses behind. Her and I could prob be good friends. :drinking:

@Snowysmom Sending you hugs as I know this was going to be a hard day for you. Hope you were able to find some joy amongst all the sadness.

@lynxstch Glad you and Mr. L. can be there for his sister and the rest of the family.

Take care all.

Hello to all. It has been an awful day. Kids left to be with their dad and I have been a wreck since. Too many emotions and I just feel like I am drowning. I didn't even go eat lunch with the rest of my family as I am just too sad. I will call my dad later. He is a wonderful dad and has been a rock for me during all this mess. I honestly have not gotten out of bed for most of the day. I just need a schedule so I know what I am dealing with.

@Kirby how awful for your daughter. I am so sorry she is in such a mess. She definitely needs to call her attorney ASAP, that is crazy. As much as I would love for my kids to not see their dad at the moment, I know that he should see them. What a horses behind. Her and I could prob be good friends. :drinking:

@Snowysmom Sending you hugs as I know this was going to be a hard day for you. Hope you were able to find some joy amongst all the sadness.

@lynxstch Glad you and Mr. L. can be there for his sister and the rest of the family.

Take care all.
Iā€™m so glad your Dad is still with us and you were able to talk to him (hopefully). Hugs to you. :flower3:
Nice of you to think of Snowysmom, despite your own difficult day, too.
Kirby, sad for your DD and the kids, too. Ugh.

To all who had a hard day today, :grouphug: It was hard for me. I gave both sons cards and gift cards as Chris and I usually did. I always got Chris some gifts and made a nice breakfast and sometimes chili. I "talked with him" and yelled at him. I wrote out a card to him and then sealed it to keep. I went to younger DS's house to drop off his card and stayed a bit. My older DGD was again a bit sad and she sat right next to me, snuggled up. When I was leaving and hugging my DGS, she came up behind me and threw her arms around my waist. I just turned and gave her a hug. She is really missing her Grandpa. I did not want to go into how I was feeling today with my sons since it is a day in which they celebrate being dads. I did not want to ruin that for them. My good friend texted me with to let me know she was thinking of me. I don't know if these special days will ever get easier.

I did go to the condo and drop off my luggage and some other things. I am trying to be ready for my move in on Friday. I will have to bring alot that day like my bed stuff, memory quilt and pillows as well as my bed stuffed animals. I will still have lot to bring from DS's house but that will take time and he is in no hurry as he has the room to store stuff.

Pea N Me thank you for sharing the WDW pictures. I love them. My absolute favorite place to be.

Kirby I feel so bad for your daughter. I don't understand why he has to be so mean. Just do what is in the agreement. Your DD really needs to get the attorney involved.

Have a good evening.

Frog So sorry you are having a bad day. A routine and schedule is supposed to help. Then you know what you have to deal with for the day. At least that is what my therapist says. I will let you know next week if it works. Please take some time for you, maybe meditate or just sit quietly and look at nature, whatever helps. Thinking of you.

I especially love the rain lilies and had never heard of those flowers beforešŸŒŗ
They usually don't bloom until it rains but since DH put in a sprinkler system, I think that they are confused. šŸ˜„

Thank you everyone, DD needs all the support she can get right now. She is putting up a good front but is really missing the kids. She plans on contacting her attorney in the morning.

We got some blessed rain today! Not a lot but we'll take what we can get.

Well I see weā€™re still here (after the board upgrade). Thatā€™s good! šŸ„
And even sooner than they predicted..and the awful ad that popped up everytime I clicked on a post or went to a new page is gone..hurray! I just noticed something at the bottom of the page that says "The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com would like your permission to enable push notifications." What is a push notification and is it something I need to give them permission for??

Good morning all. Cloudy now, but supposed to be sunny and go to 77. 95 the next 3 days, with rain on Wed. I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind~~

Funeral service this morning, followed by a luncheon at her church. Will be going to the service, but most likely not the luncheon. Mr L is still very wary of crowds, and he hasn't been in a room with more than 3 people at a time since Covid started, so he's not even sure he should go at all. His immune system is still not what it used to be. I told him that it was okay if he didn't feel comfortable going, as did SIL and niece yesterday. Just spending the afternoon with him (and me) was more than enough for them she said. There will be so many people there anyhow...no point in him taking a risk I guess. I am still going, either my other SIL and BIL or stepdaughter will pick me up. Funeral home is only 2 miles down the road anyhow. Right next door to where we used to live.

Hugs to all of my Quacker family, whether you need one or not!

Have a great Monday

079aa0f994f38e902de4d4a64f088c1a.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning all!

I'm up since 5 and trying to get stuff done before my doctors appointment at 10am.

Despite the holiday we are having an organics and yard waste collection today and I've put a lot of old food out. Now, I'm nervous that somehow they'll miss us! Can't leave that in a can at the street for a full week!

Checked the emails to make sure I read correctly and I did. Fingers crossed the truck comes, with all the crazy delays and staff shortages.

@lynxstch - I don't want these and would be annoyed if I couldn't keep them off. Some might like them.

push notifications (plural noun)

1. an alert (typically a pop-up or other message) generated by an application when the application is not open, notifying the user of a new message, update, social media post, etc.:
    "app owners will receive push notifications whenever new content is uploaded"

Well I see weā€™re still here (after the board upgrade). Thatā€™s good! šŸ„

And even sooner than they predicted..and the awful ad that popped up everytime I clicked on a post or went to a new page is gone..hurray!

Yes! I was pleasantly surprised as well.

Have walked one cat; the other was too comfy in her favorite napping spot. DS is off to work, and I have nothing I need to accomplish this morning except laundry and starting the crock pot for dinner. I printed some photos the other day and may scrapbook them. I used to do a ton of that, but somehow let it fall by the wayside.

@lynxstch - I don't want these and would be annoyed if I couldn't keep them off. Some might like them.
I clicked on the X on the right side of the notification and it brought to a screen that said something like if you don't enable this you will not receive notifications. It also gave me the option to click on "I do not want this" or something on that order which I did. I don't need notifications that someone replied.

Good morning Quackers.
It is going to be another HOT one here today.
I forgot to thank everyone who shared their stories regarding kids and how they have dealt with those situations during their splits/divorces. I truly appreciate all of the sharing, it has really helped me through some rough spots recently.

@Kirby I hope your daughter gets some answers today. I can feel her pain.

Will check back later, just wanted to say thank you.

:grouphug:ā¤ļøto all QuackersšŸ£ this day extra to those such as Frog, Snowymom, Kirby, and Lynn who are going through so very much extra right now. We care. Always.

It's overcast and cooler here so far. It is supposed to reach 90 today šŸ˜Ž Dad will soon be off on errands including the Dollar Tree and Target. We got to talk with our TX cousins yesterday afternoon which is always a blessing. They have a string faith and take every day one at a time. Yesterday, thankfully, Steve was feeling good. Continue please to keep both him and Ruth in your prayers along with some of Ruth's extended family. Ruth shared that some members of her brother's family recently attended a wedding. Everyone present at the ceremony came down with Covid :( Thank God, they are doing better. Prayers for me today to listen to God's call (always and in all ways, of course forever) extra so that I might have pace about whether to keep my own Thursday dentist cleaning appointment. I could easily reschedule until next month. Not sure what that would do though so probably best to just go šŸ¦·

Wishing each of peace and some added joy this day and always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter