Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

After you posted this I said to my husband, "hey it's snowing up your families way already!" so he pulled up the I68 camera at Grantsville, and then I think maybe the one in Frostburg, then the one in Morgantown....all to show me it was still snowing....I said to him I KNEW it was snowing, I heard it from a reputable source on the DIS boards!

LOL that made me laugh so hard! And it's still snowing now!

One football game down and one to go. I don't have a dog in the fight, nor the interest or knowledge of the game to have an opinion - still there is something nostalgic about a football game playing in the background. Reminds me of being a kid. Anyway, I think we were rooting for the green guys/Packers, who evidently lost. I personally find Tom Brady to be irritating (actually a personal interaction, long story short) Husband is a 30 year Chiefs fan, so that is who he's rooting for during the next game.

I thought the game would be a lot better than it was. Even though I was rooting for Tom and the Buc's, I really expected Aaron Rogers to play better than he did..I fully expected the Packers to be going to the Super Bowl and not the Bucs, but now I have someone to root for. Hubby is rooting for the Bills, I am with your husband and rooting for the Chiefs on this one

One of the dogs keeps looking at me as to remind me that we were going to go watch a movie in the other room and he was going to get to lay on the bed - as if we had some sort of unspoken agreement. "Dad's up late yelling at the TV, you said I could lay in bed with you and watch nonsense TV!"

I did make a point to plan out my 4 weeknight meals for dinner this week and pre-prep what I could. I pre-sauteed some chicken breast to have with some pasta and roasted veggies tomorrow. Tomato basil soup w/ grilled cheese already on deck for Tuesday. I'm trying.

Have a wonderful evening everyone. Safe travels to those on the road tomorrow & Tuesday for those of you who are impacted by the snow & related weather headed to the mid atlantic this week.

Last edited:
@AuntieMe3, I love the mountain view you have.

We've had a rainy day, expecting more overnight. My daffodils are coming up. I can't wait until everything starts turning green!

Had a laid back day. Cooked scrambled eggs, bacon and toast for breakfast. We have just snacked the rest of the day. Dinner was left overs. Not satisfying but needed to empty out the fridge. Paid some bills, roamed on FB, notified some more people that my mom passed away, finalized some things with the funeral home. changed the sheets on the bed and washed the ones I took off. Didn't think I did much, but apparently more than I thought. All I really want to do is sit and think about nothing. The grandkids are keeping my spirits up.

Good Monday morning! They are calling for a winter storm of ice/rain/snow today, I hope they are wrong. I don't mind a little snow, but I do not like ice at all! Trying to clear off the car from what we had overnite,,maybe 1/2". If it dries off quickly before the storm starts, I will be able to get the cover on it. Nothing I hate more than frozen car doors. The locks are remote, but the ice gets in the door seams and makes it hard to open or close the doors sometimes, not that we are planning on going anywhere. I think it's going to be a good day for baking something and doing a puzzle.

Hubby :( over losing both of his picks yesterday..superbowl will be the Indians vs the Pirates, lol. I will be pulling for the Buccaneers and Tom Brady to win.

Both of my knees are aching this morning, so that means something will be falling outside. I smell like an Icy Hot container this morning, lol.
Have a good day all, stay safe if in the path of Storm Nathaniel!
R2487c5371f6e8be424e7558cd84b541d.jpg

Boo to winter storms! 🤨 (I heard we may be getting one this weekend?)

Not a big football fan, really, but it makes sense to me now why Brady left us. He had something to prove. 👍🏻

Feeling ok so far after second shot. Thanks for well wishes. ❤️ Went to favorite breakfast place too, and that’s always a nice reward.

Have to figure out how to get a haircut this week somehow, it’s too long and looking a bit wild!

DS’s girlfriend made us chicken, broccoli and ziti with olive oil and garlic last night and it was so good! Wanted to dive in so fast I neglected to take a picture! 🤣 The huge frying pan I recently got for the house came in handy. She said she likes cooking in my kitchen because she has space to work - which is nice to know because I think of our work area as kind of small 😅 DH unintentionally (or maybe sometimes intentionally, let’s face it, lol) throws an elbow if we work together so I give him his space when he cooks there. For one person cooking it does work out pretty well.

Starting to make some small strides with decluttering (with an eye toward retirement which is still a little ways away). We have a long way to go! 😱 My dream would be to move into something smaller and newer for once in our lives. DS has mentioned before wanting to buy our house so we’ll see. (DD not interested in that so it might work. OTOH there are features here that may come in handy during retirement, really have to think on it. If somehow alone would prefer a place where outside elements are taken care of and I don’t have to constantly fix things.) But regardless we have a lot of stuff to go through; not just ours, but my parents’, and other relatives. At some point I have to tackle my mother’s apt too. Baby steps. 😨 I saw this article the other day that I thought was good so I’ll share. I’m sure many of us are in this position.

http://realestate.boston.com/ask-th...ly-matters/?s_campaign=bdc:hp:well:realestate

Boo to winter storms! 🤨 (I heard we may be getting one this weekend?)

Same here..they say a big storm (Nathaniel), could be hitting on Thursday for the 'Mid Atlantic"
There is a light freezing mist falling here, has already put a glaze on the car, which I cleaned off at 5 am :(

Not a big football fan, really, but it makes sense to me now why Brady left us. He had something to prove. 👍🏻

And he's proving that big time!

Feeling ok so far after second shot. Thanks for well wishes. ❤ Went to favorite breakfast place too, and that’s always a nice reward.

Have to figure out how to get a haircut this week somehow, it’s too long and looking a bit wild!

Mine too, but with the weather forecast for this week, and my salon still not opening full hours, I guess mine will have to wait a couple of more weeks.

DS’s girlfriend made us chicken, broccoli and ziti with olive oil and garlic last night and it was so good! Wanted to dive in so fast I neglected to take a picture! 🤣 The huge frying pan I recently got for the house came in handy. She said she likes cooking in my kitchen because she has space to work - which is nice to know because I think of our work area as kind of small 😅 DH unintentionally (or maybe sometimes intentionally, let’s face it, lol) throws an elbow if we work together so I give him his space when he cooks there. For one person cooking it does work out pretty well.

Mm...that chicken, broccoli, and ziti sounds really good, did she use a recipe or just 'eyeball' it?

Starting to make some small strides with decluttering (with an eye toward retirement which is still a little ways away). We have a long way to go! 😱 My dream would be to move into something smaller and newer for once in our lives. DS has mentioned before wanting to buy our house so we’ll see. (DD not interested in that so it might work. OTOH there are features here that may come in handy during retirement, really have to think on it. If somehow alone would prefer a place where outside elements are taken care of and I don’t have to constantly fix things.) But regardless we have a lot of stuff to go through; not just ours, but my parents’, and other relatives. At some point I have to tackle my mother’s apt too. Baby steps. 😨 I saw this article the other day that I thought was good so I’ll share. I’m sure many of us are in this position.

http://realestate.boston.com/ask-th...ly-matters/?s_campaign=bdc:hp:well:realestate

Thats an interesting article. I did most of that when I cleaned out my Mothers house after she passed, then my Fathers, then my grandmothers. Since I don't intend to go through that again, when I was cleaning out the basement for the new HVAC to go in, I went through everything down there..threw out a ton of stuff that noone would care about, and put all pictures, documents from days gone by, and anything else that I thought someone might want someday in 2 big totes. Have to go through them and organize them into category's one of these days
We weren't thinking of 'getting older' when we bought this house, but somehow it has worked out. It's big enough for the 2 of us,,one floor (except the basement) so hubby doesn't have stairs to climb (with his heart condition that helps), and I can still go up and down to the basement for laundry, wood stove, etc. Its small, but it's cozy, and I plan to live here the rest of our lives.

The outside maintenance is starting to get to me ,,ie mowing, shoveling, trimming, painting, etc..but we have a handyman that can do most of it when the time comes that its just to much for me to do alone. Hubby retired a year before he was actually planning to this past December, but with his health, it's a good thing he did. He was working from home since Covid anyhow, but the going to the consumers houses, going to meetings at the office, dealing with anything outside of work hours when he was the on call person every 5 weeks, was just getting to be too much for him, and he decided it was time.

Thats an interesting article. I did most of that when I cleaned out my Mothers house after she passed, then my Fathers, then my grandmothers. Since I don't intend to go through that again, when I was cleaning out the basement for the new HVAC to go in, I went through everything down there..threw out a ton of stuff that noone would care about, and put all pictures, documents from days gone by, and anything else that I thought someone might want someday in 2 big totes. Have to go through them and organize them into category's one of these days
We weren't thinking of 'getting older' when we bought this house, but somehow it has worked out. It's big enough for the 2 of us,,one floor (except the basement) so hubby doesn't have stairs to climb (with his heart condition that helps), and I can still go up and down to the basement for laundry, wood stove, etc. Its small, but it's cozy, and I plan to live here the rest of our lives.

The outside maintenance is starting to get to me ,,ie mowing, shoveling, trimming, painting, etc..but we have a handyman that can do most of it when the time comes that its just to much for me to do alone. Hubby retired a year before he was actually planning to this past December, but with his health, it's a good thing he did. He was working from home since Covid anyhow, but the going to the consumers houses, going to meetings at the office, dealing with anything outside of work hours when he was the on call person every 5 weeks, was just getting to be too much for him, and he decided it was time.
I’m glad the article came out, from here I can only see it spinning around! :lmao: It was good for me read, to help me focus on what we have to do here. I don’t want either of us to be stuck doing it by ourselves if something happens to one of us. I don’t enjoy thinking that way, but being a nurse and seeing all the hard things that happen to people medically as they get older makes me a realist. (And I know several of you here have experienced that very thing.) For a long time my focus has been on caring for my mother, as well as the kids, and all the things we used to do around the house got pushed to the back burner. And stuff accumulated. And things wore out. But the time has come to start going through everything room by room and clearing things out for whatever happens in the future. I guess you could say the beginning of our future starts now. It’s still a little tough with Covid as work is very stressful. But hopefully things normalize over the next year or two (!) and the kids move on to their own places and all that.

We could stay in this house, it was small to begin with, and we added an in law apt, as well as a large sunroom which gave us more space in the main living area. In some ways It might be too big for us in retirement. And utilities are high. We could also flip things and live in the in law ourselves if need be. Or rent it. But we’ve toured newer condos and cottage type homes and those are attractive to us, too - as long as there is a yard for Toto! I guess we will play it by ear. Hopefully our retirement funds remain stable. 🤞🏻If not, that will likely alter our plans. But at least living here, we have options. We live pretty simply.

She used a recipe. I could ask her for it if you’re interested. She loves to cook, and is good at it. I think she just used olive oil and butter with five cloves of garlic (yes house still smells great!) for the oil on the pasta (bow tie), with some red pepper flakes and fresh parmesan, and salt and pepper. And the chicken she fried, not sure if she coated it, but it was light, and browned nicely. As delicious as any Italian restaurant version I’ve had!

@Pea-n-Me the thing only spins around for me too,,but you can still click the title of the link and it took me right to it

If she has an actual recipe for it, then yes please post it, otherwise I would be trying to guess the amounts (other than the 5 cloves of garlic, lol --thank you

Good morning.

DH went to his office/building to spackle some of the walls so it shows better. And waiting there for a UPS package. He can't get the address changed and they won't leave it unless someone signs. I am enjoying the alone time.

I KNEW it was snowing, I heard it from a reputable source on the DIS boards!
I trust everything you all say!

They are calling for a winter storm of ice/rain/snow today,
Here too. I think @easyas123 and I get your weather a couple of hours later. My dinner plan for tonight was carry out pizza and salad. I saved points all week. I sure hope I don't have to cook.

Have to figure out how to get a haircut this week somehow
I have shoulder length straight hair. I was in a pony tail all summer until I finally got a hair cut in September. I am going for the pony tail look again until I get the vaccine.

Starting to make some small strides with decluttering
I have trouble throwing things away because "I might need them again." We have things from my parents, DH's parents, and DH's office in the basement and attic. Little by little we are trying to get rid of things so our kids don't have to later. We've been through that too many times. We have 11 bags and boxes for Purple Heart pick up Wednesday.

I’m glad the article came out, from here I can only see it spinning around!
Spinning here too but when I clicked on it, it opened. I have it saved to read.

Back to my puzzle. I am almost done.

Good Morning, Dis Family :)

Boo indeed to winter storms and plain CHILLY weather. Prayers indeed for safety for all of you out in snow/ice country. Please take care, drive safe, and when possible stay home!

I do like my fuzzy socks. Do any of your DH's have fuzzy socks? I'm trying to find some for my Dad. He is a size 11/12 shoe so the men's 6-12 socks do not work for him (much like women's 4-10 don't work for me). We have not been finding any in extended sizes. Even 10-13 for him would probably be fine. Thank you :)

Happy Monday, puzzling, cooking, and being cozy to all!

A local friend who literally lives about 3 miles from me shared this post from the National Weather Service in our area on Facebook. I am copying it here

t's story time folks! Imagine it's the 1954-55 winter, and it's dry. Total snowfall from November thru January in Billings is a dismal 2.1". You are convinced that winter is lost. Then February happens, and we see 22" of snow (16" above normal). In March we receive 19" of snow, then in early April we have the biggest snowstorm in Billings' history: a whopping 40" in 2 days! The snow depth at the airport on the morning of April 5th is 33" (still our record to this day). All of this after a remarkably snow-less November through January.
This is a true story. The moral? Never give up on a high plains winter.

While we need the moisture and the snow I am hoping that after over a year of basically being issolated at home (remember we came off a harsh winter from mid November 2019 to early to mid March 2020 to only have a couple of weeks before things were shut down and stay at home orders were issued) that it is not this drastic as we are getting cabin fever here folks. Not being able to go places outside of our homes indoors and having weather that we can not spend a lot of time outdoors would be so hard on so many around here.

:thanks:Lynn so much! Those look perfect! I will show them to my Dad when he comes home from Pavilions!

One other cozy question for me! I am wearing right now a humungous duster robe that I got several years ago at Walmart. The material is no longer soft and the sleeves are not full length. What I do like about it is there is no collar. It's a like a scoop neck T shirt. With my TMJ issues, collars don't work for me. I am looking for something similar but much warmer/softer material, full length sleeves, and oh that like the one I have now is full zip. I have seen some on Amazon this morning ranging from $26 on up! Checking to see whether any of you kind ladies have ever purchased such a thing on Amazon.

Keep warm my friends. hugs!

I finished my puzzle. Now I don't know what to do.

On the mail front, I received a Christmas card from my brother, postmarked Dec 14. A mere 6 weeks CT to MD.

In Maryland, I am now eligible to receive the vaccine. I had filled out a prescreening form about 10 days ago. Today I did get an email saying they are waiting to get the vaccines to schedule appointments and it could be 3-4 weeks. I was hoping to have it by my birthday toward the end of February.

I am no help on fuzzy socks or robes. My terrycloth robe is Victoria's Secret and probably more that 15 years old. And my summer light weight "duster" was bought so I would have something to wear to the hospital when DD was born, in 1986. DD actually borrowed it for when she went to the hospital for her births. (I told you I saved stuff.)

No precipitation yet so hopefully can still get carry out.

I finished my puzzle. Now I don't know what to do.

On the mail front, I received a Christmas card from my brother, postmarked Dec 14. A mere 6 weeks CT to MD.

Mail carrier showed me 2 pkgs she was delivering to a neighbor. Both were Christmas gifts..postmark was Dec 8, and they were delivered today Jan 25. Isn't that awful??

In Maryland, I am now eligible to receive the vaccine. I had filled out a prescreening form about 10 days ago. Today I did get an email saying they are waiting to get the vaccines to schedule appointments and it could be 3-4 weeks. I was hoping to have it by my birthday toward the end of February.

Mind if I ask how you found out you are eligible to receive the vaccine? And where/how did you get a prescreening form? Hubby needs to get one asap with his medical issues.

I am no help on fuzzy socks or robes. My terrycloth robe is Victoria's Secret and probably more that 15 years old. And my summer light weight "duster" was bought so I would have something to wear to the hospital when DD was born, in 1986. DD actually borrowed it for when she went to the hospital for her births. (I told you I saved stuff.)

1986? I think someone needs to get you a new summerweight robe/duster for your birthday, would you like us to take up a collection on this thread to help you get one?? LOL!

No precipitation yet so hopefully can still get carry out.

Weather channel says its snowing here,,but nothing yet. It's been snowing to the west of us for the last couple of hours..and it sure feels like it's going to do something. The outdoor cats showed up early for their dinner..and I gave them a double serving, just to make sure they have full tummies through the nite. They are drinking a bowl full of warm water now. Then they will go to their warm boxes in the woodshed or the ones under the front porch for the night.
Stay safe everyone!

Yikes that it took 6 weeks for your Christmas card to travel not that far. Glad you got it, Carol! Like I have shared it took a month for my friend Shirley who lives an hour and a half from me to get a small padded envelope package I had sent her. Prayers your eventual vaccine goes very smoothly! The robe I have now is considered a duster!

Your post snuck in just as I posted, Lynxstch! That is pretty bad on the mail front out there! Prayers also for you my friend that when you get the vaccine it goes smoothly.

We did get a package from Walmart. STILL "delayed" (with no expected delivery date now) on an Amazon order that was supposed to come via the post office 4 days ago now! :P

I hope all of you are having a good Monday :)

@lynxstch, first, I rarely wear a bathrobe so I really don't need it.

Re vaccine. I am in group 1C because of my age. Per Governor Hogan, 1C is eligible today. But, there is no vaccine available to it really doesn't matter. I filled out the prescreening form for the Cecil County Health Department. I know that Queen Anne's County also had a prescreening form. I tried to search Alleghany County but could not find a health department. I found this info on the UPMC website. And here is the Maryland COVID vax site. Good luck. I have my DD helping me stay aware of what is available.

DH just went to pick up dinner.

@FlyingDumbo I love the robes from either LLBean or The Vermont Country Store. Now I know when you look at them, there will be sticker shock! But we’re coming up to the season where their prices often drop. I got a real nice one on Clearance from LLBean in the middle of summer several years back. It was too good to pass up. The thing is heavy and super well-built. It has a hood, which I like as my neck gets cold. I actually washed it a few weeks ago and it came out as nice as the day I bought it. I wound up putting it on my bed for Toto on the cold nights we’ve had and he loves snuggling up in it. I just looked at their sites and they have quite a few to choose from. Quality is usually very good. And if you sign up for emails, there will be discounts from time to time. I was also in Kohl’s the other day and they had a few decent ones. (But overall I feel like their clothing quality has slipped quite a bit. Many things don’t even look good hanging on the racks anymore, sadly.)

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/502...=12-27-613&start=1&viewCount=48&nav=ln-518022
https://www.vermontcountrystore.com/women/category/womens-sleepwear
This is mine, and it is heavenly! ETA - wait, it’s “like” mine, I just noticed that mine has a tericloth lining and I’m not sure this one does.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/123...lar&csp=a&feat=502982-recsbottom.categorypage

I don’t know anything about fuzzy socks as we all wear slippers. Our floors are like ice when it’s cold! :cold: (I do wear socks to bed oftentimes until I get hot, then I take them off!)

Large socks, i need.A women’s 10 - 12. Kohl’s has gold toe white tennis shoe ones sometimes, you gotta read the tag careful. They also have sales where you can buy one 6 pack and get one 1/2 price. I also check out the Bass outlet store , they might have a website, for my dress black and brown socks. They are made of nice material and last a long time

robe - switched to a fleece zippy from old navy over pajama pants a few years back , rather than a robe. It keeps me warm.

@lynxstch, first, I rarely wear a bathrobe so I really don't need it.

Re vaccine. I am in group 1C because of my age. Per Governor Hogan, 1C is eligible today. But, there is no vaccine available to it really doesn't matter. I filled out the prescreening form for the Cecil County Health Department. I know that Queen Anne's County also had a prescreening form. I tried to search Alleghany County but could not find a health department. I found this info on the UPMC website. And here is the Maryland COVID vax site. Good luck. I have my DD helping me stay aware of what is available.

DH just went to pick up dinner.

Thanks Carol..I found the answer in your link..he's in 1C and so am I.
Just started freezing rain and sleeting here
Enjoy your dinner

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter