Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Dad did go to the main post office which is not in the best of areas. He found out (what we expected) post office is overwhelmed due to Covid and not enough workers. The manager did say we should get mail delivery today so we shall see. I absolutely keep all delivery folks in prayer.

Great question, Carol, I have wondered that as well. I don't think there is a way to contact an administrator (or anyone on this site unless you have their email) without being logged in. I did PM Webmaster Corey about no longer being able to search for smilies (since the Disboard update a few weeks ago). I found a post of his in the technical support thread and then started a conversation. I will share his reply!

I hope you are enjoying a good book, Easyas123! :)

@AuntieMe3, add me as praying for your mom.

How does one do that, especially if I can't access here? And while asking, how does someone contact a moderator?
[/QUOTE}

Not sure how to actually contact a moderator, unless you click on their name when you see a post from one.. theluckyrabbit has posted on this thread, and she's a moderator. You just click on her name and then the start conversation, and it will take you to the message page. If I am trying to reach WebMasterCorey..I go to my messages page and start a conversation by typing his name into the search box. I have also received email from him before..his address is corey@disneyinfo.com

My second trip to California that included a day at Disneyland was much shorter as our primary purpose for traveling was to attend my cousin's wedding and since it would mean missing work for my parents and university classes and/or work for us kids as well.
At the time of this trip my dad was working for a highway constuction paving crew and they were doing a series of jobs out of Townsend MT which consisted of US 12 from the Junction of US 89 to the Junction of US 287, US 287 from the Junction with I-90 to the Junction of US 12 and US 287 from the Junction of US 12 to East Helana though they would move the hot plant as well as most of the crew would move their trailers once that job got past Winston, MT. This is a very pretty area without a lot of places to stay when you are going to want to be able to take more showers than the water that can be held in the tank of an average travel trailer-fine for a weekend camping with the family knowing that after the 2-3 days you can go home and take a nice long shower after a few days of sponge baths but not suitable for working 10-16 hour days in the heat with asphalt and if your lucky you might get to make a trip home every 2-3 weeks. For the US 12 part some of them were staying at Townsend and some of them were staying at White Sulpher Springs just North of the junction on US 89. For the US 287 part those who were at Townsend stayed there while the many of the others moved to Three Forks for the section from the interstate to Townsend at least and then moved to either East Helena or Helena once they were past that point. Those which included my dad who were staying at Townsend and waited until they were past Winston though he headed up ahead of the ones who were staying at Three Forks.
It was going to make more sense for us to meet my dad at Three Forks than for him to get take an extra half day off of work in order to come home and leave with us. Mom and us kids loaded the mini van-yes my parents had upgraded from the station wagon. There would be a total of 4 drivers as my brother and sister both had a driver's license. I still did not have my license as my parents would not let me take the test in one of their vehicles and I could not afford to get my own-surprisingly that would change in a few years when I had a job doing home care and one of my clients required my mom to come pick me up at 11 PM when she preferred to go bed after the weather report for the `10 PM newscast and definently at 10:30 when the news was over. Needless to say after a few weeks of her having to pick me up every night but Sunday and Thursday when the client's other aid was on duty all of a sudden it was here is a vehicle you can take your test in and can drive until you can save up enough to get your own-to be honest if I had known that I would have I have taken that type of job instead of sticking with fast food a few years earlier.
Us kids remembered the have an orange incident every time we opened out mouths for anything going across Southern Nevada on our trip in 87 so we made sure that mom did not pack any fruit other than a couple of bananas for breakfast so she and my dad could get their potasium for the day. We were not going to risk having to have an orange eatting contest in the van on that trip.

@AuntieMe3 I hope the surgery goes well and your mother feels better soon. Sending prayers.

Jasper aced his evaluation day. The kennel manager said he did very well and is welcome at the kennel. I like that they take into consideration that he is a senior dog who has health issues and hearing issues. They knocked on his cage door when they were coming in to check on him so he wasn't startled.
They made him comfortable so he could snooze as he wanted. I made his reservation for May including some one on one play time. I think it is better for him not to be in with a large group of dogs at his age and with his chronic bronchitis. The playtime with one of the kennel workers sounds good. When the kennel manager emailed me back that she put him on the schedule she said he is such a cutie. He knows how to turn on the charm! LOL! This is one less thing I have to worry about. Now I can worry about when I can sign up for the covid vaccine.

It is freezing cold here today! It is 27 with gusty winds. The wind just goes right through you when walking outside. We had a snow squall early this morning that left just a dusting so it is pretty.

Supper tonight is takeout. My brain is tired so DH gets to pick what and where. He probably wants pizza. Tomorrow I will be making a chicken enchilada soup in the crock pot. I like that because I get 2 meals out of it.

It would be nice to win some money in the lottery but it could also be a nightmare with people hounding you. I was at Market Basket on Friday buying Mega millions tickets. An older employee told me that he knew a man who won alot of money in the lottery and it ruined his life. He got threatened, threats to kidnap his kids, and he had to move as well as get security at one point. He also said that if you win alot of money to tell the lottery not to publish your name or picture. It would be nice to win a few million but not a really big jackpot.

Yay, Jasper! Hugs, Snowysmom, I am so thankful how nicely that worked out. Yikes how awful and scary about that man! :(

That is really cool you were able to take multiple family road trips as a kid, Sweetpeama. You absolutely have a great memory as well!

Vacuum moment of silence observed, Easyas123, lol. Glad you have a temporary back up!

Sounds delicious.

And I am sorry for the loss of your vacuum. I really like my Shark.

Thanks...yeah I think I'm actually going to go with Shark. I've had two of them in 6 years. They are great until they break or stop. But I like the way they work - when they work!

We are hard on grills & vacuums....we rarely get more than a few years out of either, no matter what type/brand we get!

Good afternoon y'all. :grouphug: for any that need one.

RIP vacuum. Does anyone remember those cartoons "The Brave Little Toaster"? I hated those, but the kids loved them.

DH and I actually ventured out into the real world today! He had to take his new guitar up to Guitar Center because it was 'buzzing' when he stared playing it. He didn't buy it from them, but that is the local place that the company he buys from could send him to, for a simple check and repair. They did not find anything that could be causing the buzzing (and it did not buzz for them when they tried it) so the guy told DH to get a 'power conditioner' for his amp, and a new cord to connect the guitar to the amp. I ended up buying 3 (!) new piano books; ones that had been in my Amazon wish list for later down the road, but the salesguy there offered me a discount, which brought them in under Amz price....so who can say no to that????? :cool1: It cost DH $15 for the guy to check it all out (fair enough, since the guy did some adjusting to some pieces to make it play better) and $85 for the piano books. :rotfl2:

[Sweetwater is the company he buys from; their customer service so far has been absolutely perfect. An example: 'his guy' (salesman) called us at 8pm when he noticed DH's first bass guitar hadn't been delivered (was routed off to the next day) as promised. 'His guy' called Fedex, got the info about what was going on, then called DH to make sure he knew....and DH hadn't even said anything to them about the situation! We had already called Fedex and knew what was going on...they were short drivers and our area didn't get their deliveries that day, but would be first out the next; but the fact 'his guy' went that extra step without being asked really sealed DH's approval.]

Then we stopped at the little mom-n-pop family run Mexican restaurant, by our old place, that I haven't been able to get to for a year (they are open only on certain days, and it seems everytime I have to go to that side of town, it's on their closed days); to get take out. They make everything from scratch, and on weekends, they sell tamales. They make the tamales, cooked and all, during the week during downtime, and freeze them; and just have to reheat to serve. So if you aren't there early enough on the weekends, you miss out. They are a little more expensive but the quality is so much better.

I bought 3 dozen tamales...1 chicken, 2 pork (@ $25/dozen); 2 orders of Mexican Street Corn; a quesadilla for DS; an order of Queso Fundido (w/chorizo and chips); a large Horchata drink (fresh, from scratch daily); and 2 bottles of soda (1 Jarritos Mandarin for DS and a 'Mexican' Squirt...you know, the real sugar ones) for $114 + tip. I dropped $40 for their tip, because we love the food, and the service is top notch, and while that isn't a tip I can leave everytime, I could today.

DH and I managed to eat our street corn, and a grand total of almost 7 tamales (I managed 2 and 1/4 before noping out; DH ate 4 and said he should have stopped @ 3), along with the fundido (I poured about half of it on my tamales, instead of the enchilada sauce...and now I must have them that way every time! We'll bag and freeze the rest in groups of 6 and I have to portion out their enchilada sauce and freeze the portions as well. So, although the price is high, we get 2 meals per dozen so $12.50 per meal for the main, which is reasonable! DS doesn't eat tamales, so those days, he can have something else (whatever he decides to make; there's always stuff in there for him to cook for his meals if he doesn't like what I'm making.)

And that was our big adventure out. Yep, 2 stops, one of which was a walk in and order, then wait in the car for 15 minutes until it was done. Tired me out, so I took a nap (we just didn't sleep good last night; DH had a diabetic issue about 2am. He got up for his usual 2am bathroom stop, and he felt wrong. His blood sugar tanked; he drank some soda..btw love the Melon Mountain Dew, got a free bottle at the store a few days ago...and we were up monitoring things for another couple hours.)

Hope y'all are having a good Saturday.
Go Packers and Bills. (I am NOT rooting for Tom Brady OR the Chiefs in any way, shape or form. Bad enough I'm going to have to listen to SoIL#1 gloat about the Packers making it further than Denver this year....)

@AuntieMe3 I hope the surgery goes well and your mother feels better soon. Sending prayers.

Jasper aced his evaluation day. The kennel manager said he did very well and is welcome at the kennel. I like that they take into consideration that he is a senior dog who has health issues and hearing issues. They knocked on his cage door when they were coming in to check on him so he wasn't startled.
They made him comfortable so he could snooze as he wanted. I made his reservation for May including some one on one play time. I think it is better for him not to be in with a large group of dogs at his age and with his chronic bronchitis. The playtime with one of the kennel workers sounds good. When the kennel manager emailed me back that she put him on the schedule she said he is such a cutie. He knows how to turn on the charm! LOL! This is one less thing I have to worry about. Now I can worry about when I can sign up for the covid vaccine.
Yeah for Jasper,,and lol that he knows when to turn the charm on!

It is freezing cold here today! It is 27 with gusty winds. The wind just goes right through you when walking outside. We had a snow squall early this morning that left just a dusting so it is pretty.
Same weather here..though we did get all the way up to 30, with a little sun. Calling for a rain/snow/ice mix on Monday,,ick!

Supper tonight is takeout. My brain is tired so DH gets to pick what and where. He probably wants pizza. Tomorrow I will be making a chicken enchilada soup in the crock pot. I like that because I get 2 meals out of it.

Hubby isn't feeling that great..I think he has cellulitis in his leg, again. Will be calling his PCP first thing Monday morning to get antibiotic. He says he's not that hungry , so dinner may be just breakfast foods like scrambled eggs and toast

It would be nice to win some money in the lottery but it could also be a nightmare with people hounding you. I was at Market Basket on Friday buying Mega millions tickets. An older employee told me that he knew a man who won alot of money in the lottery and it ruined his life. He got threatened, threats to kidnap his kids, and he had to move as well as get security at one point. He also said that if you win alot of money to tell the lottery not to publish your name or picture. It would be nice to win a few million but not a really big jackpot.

That is not necessarily true. In most states, they must release the name of the winner/winners. MD and a couple of other states, you can remain anonymous, but not many states let you do that.

I have aa nephew in MA who won $3 million in the MA lottery 3 years ago (he was 27 then). He wisely invested some, bought himself a house, a new truck, took a nice trip, and bought people he loved gifts. He bought his Mom a car..his Dad (NOT one of my favorite people)-wanted almost nothing to do with my nephew before he won the money, then had the nerve to ask him to pay off all of his bills. He was met with a resounding NO, for which I was very proud of the nephew!

Thanks...yeah I think I'm actually going to go with Shark. I've had two of them in 6 years. They are great until they break or stop. But I like the way they work - when they work!

We are hard on grills & vacuums....we rarely get more than a few years out of either, no matter what type/brand we get!

Sorry about your vacuum. I always had a Panasonic upright. When the last one stopped working right, I got a Shark at Ollies on sale, plus had a 20% coupon, so ended up paying about $80 for a $140 vacuum. I love that thing,,I am always amazed at the amount of dirt and cat hair picks up,,and I vacuum 2-3x a week.

AuntieMe3 - keeping your mom in my thoughts today, hope all goes well!

Dang you guys, it's cold out! And windy. Dogs are watching Pirates of the Caribbean, Stranger Tides whilst I do housework & laundry. Grocery store wasn't that bad at all, so I was in & out and in no time. Husband is working in the barn - on what I don't know.

Winds finally died down here, and the sun came out, it went up to 30, but it's on its way down to 18 tonite.

Crab cakes for dinner tonight...was going to make soup but decided to just take the easier route. Husband is making ribs tomorrow to enjoy while he watches The Football.

mmm..can I come to your house for dinner tonite? lol! I'm with your hubby on tomorrow..I just took ribs out of the deep freeze to defrost for tomorrow.

Short of putzing around the house, folding a bit of laundry and maybe running the vacuum I've got nothing else on my plate today - or tomorrow! So I think I'm going to sit down and read.

Have a nice time doing something just for you for awhile!

Still thinking on the QOTD but wanted to share this fun link. Here's Bernie Type in an address and it puts Bernie in the picture.
That is excellent!! Thank you so much!! I think the site is down now, but I did get him in front of our house!

Today is cold, and I am not going out with Gus on a walk. Thank you Tom for doing it!!
I finished a special puzzle. Flowers and birds. The friend who gave it to me knows what I like!

Last edited:
Yeah for Jasper getting accepted!

Sorry to hear about the vacuum. I have an Oreck, and a local guy (with a little tiny shop) who reminds me to bring it in for a check-up every year and keeps it running nicely.

DS and I got out for a bit today as well. It is freezing here, but we had to activate our new BJ’s membership, and then stopped for an off-hours dinner at a place we love and knew wouldn’t be busy right then. I snapped this on the way out:

Yeah for Jasper getting accepted!

Sorry to hear about the vacuum. I have an Oreck, and a local guy (with a little tiny shop) who reminds me to bring it in for a check-up every year and keeps it running nicely.

DS and I got out for a bit today as well. It is freezing here, but we had to activate our new BJ’s membership, and then stopped for an off-hours dinner at a place we love and knew wouldn’t be busy right then. I snapped this on the way out:
View attachment 551932
That’s beautiful!

Yay, Jasper! Hugs, Snowysmom, I am so thankful how nicely that worked out. Yikes how awful and scary about that man! :(

That is really cool you were able to take multiple family road trips as a kid, Sweetpeama. You absolutely have a great memory as well!

Vacuum moment of silence observed, Easyas123, lol. Glad you have a temporary back up!

Besides 2 trips to California we did 2 different trips to Texas one which also included New Mexico, a trip to Wisconsin (I was barely 5 for that one so my memories are not as clear though I do remember a few things like touring a relatives cheese factory and riding down the street on the lap of a distance cousin who was in a wheelchair along with someone buying both me and my sister these little wind up fish that we could play with in the bathtub), numerous trips to Yellowstone National Park one of which we also went down to Grand Teton and more trips than I could count to South Dakota both to the Black Hills and other parts mainly where we have family in the Aberdeen, Faulkton, Cresbard, and Carpenter Areas (My dad has family in the first 3 areas and my mom's family is mainly around the last one along with some closer to Redfield). Yes I know some of those are very long distance from Montana but my parents did not want to spend the money on flights. When I get to my trip to Disney World the original plan was for any of us that did not have tight work schedules to drive down in my parents van but an airline sale that made it the same cost changed their plans for that plus not having the wear and tear on the van.
There are many places that people miss because there are not major airports that serve them including a number of places only served by a limited essential air airport where you have only 1 sometimes 2 flights a day if you are lucky to a slightly larger airport and then you have to book on a different airline to go anywhere else. We also got to see many places thanks to my dad working on the road especially places around Montana which may or may not have gotten me in trouble with one of my history professors when I was the only one who could locate some obscure places he asked if anyone knew where they were-the comment someone besides my name answer please which the rest of the class just sat there going huh looking at him and looking at me before he finally sighed while saying fine. (Sorry I can't help it my daddy's job took us all over the state including to all these obsure places you are asking about now can I).
There are so many more road trips that I want to do especially now that my girls are older some of which include some historical trails including the flight of the Chief Joseph and the Nez Pierce.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter