Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

They gave him a prescription for pain, and did say to keep it elevated as much as possible. As soon as he is healed ,and up and about, he will be grounded for at least a month. No dirt bikes till 18. He's had a job at McDonald's for about 3 months now and loves it, is worried that they will fire him since he can't go back to work for awhile. I would have grounded him till he was 21, lol. He also has to pay for the friends dirt bike that got wrecked by hitting the deer. Come to find out, there were 2 friends out with him, all riding without permission at midnite. The other 2 were not very close to where grandson was, they only knew something happened as they got closer, and saw the light on the bike at ground level instead of where it should have been, and saw deer fur flying in the air. All 3 of them are in trouble! But maybe they learned a lesson. At least he had a helmet on (the other 2 did not!), or he would have for sure had a concussion. Thank you for the info about it not possibly showing up till after the other symptoms start to go away. Will tell stepdaughter to keep an eye on that.
A helmet helps prevent skull fractures, but you can still get a concussion because the brain can still take a hit on the inside.

https://completeconcussions.com/2019/01/23/do-helmets-prevent-concussions-what-you-should-know/

A helmet helps prevent skull fractures, but you can still get a concussion because the brain can still take a hit on the inside.

https://completeconcussions.com/2019/01/23/do-helmets-prevent-concussions-what-you-should-know/

Yes I agree. You and I know that, but I just got my head bit off when trying to explain it to stepdaughter, lol! She thinks because the CT scan was clear yesterday, that he has no brain injury and that no damage can happen afterwards. So I am just shutting my mouth and not attempting to give anymore advice to her.

I was lazy this morning and slept in until 9:30. I would have slept longer but DD came in to say she was heading out to a bridal brunch for a friend. It's unusual for me to sleep late but I really needed it. Have bacon in the oven, gonna have brunch myself.

Speaking of calendars, do you give calendars as gifts? I've given my kids calendars for Christmas since late elementary school. A couple of years ago I decided to stop since they were adults and DD was married. On Christmas morning there was such a ruckus about no calendars that I ordered them one and they got them after New Years. That year I picked out an Outhouse calendar for my DS as a joke. When he received it he called me and asked me if this meant he was full of sh**. He's gotten one every year since. 😄

@Pea-n-Me, DS and I were supposed to take a trip to Boston and the Brimfield Flea Market last May. I had mentioned enjoying that show (can't remember the name off hand) with Lara Spencer and said I would like to go to one in that part of the country. We were so excited and were going to spend a couple of days walking around Boston. Then Covid hit and our trip was canceled. Maybe one day we can go.

Last edited:
The Mayflower returned home to her berth recently after a three year renovation (I think in CT!). It is nice to have her back! 🌺

She was originally a gift from England in 1957. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

06E476EE-6F11-4FC8-83C5-D88AEA77D2AA.jpeg

51F63979-570E-43A5-A358-31F9C3A425AA.jpeg

0FD2BF97-6FDB-4EEA-A09C-9722F1E3D384.jpeg

7F817BB0-B269-44C1-9383-40E7365B6A2E.jpeg

1D5AE7F1-A918-492F-BF0A-88ACA3141864.jpeg

For those who have never seen it, Plymouth Rock is inside this structure. 😂

157E48AB-C1AD-4235-B57B-05C7EF71E449.jpeg

Massasoit oversees Plymouth Harbor from atop Cole’s Hill.

56952B28-E245-4808-9D61-EA46AC36628E.jpeg

That first winter, the Pilgrims buried their dead here on this hill.

D41F2224-276D-49B1-810C-ACA9C657FD7A.jpeg

Better pictures of Massasoit. (Not mine.)

Plymouth is a great place to visit, there is lots to do there and it is beautiful! Hope you enjoyed! DH had ancestors in the Mayflower. :goodvibes

Last edited:
Yes I agree. You and I know that, but I just got my head bit off when trying to explain it to stepdaughter, lol! She thinks because the CT scan was clear yesterday, that he has no brain injury and that no damage can happen afterwards. So I am just shutting my mouth and not attempting to give anymore advice to her.
Ah! She was probably overwhelmed. Understandable. :hug:

I enjoyed the pictures of Plymouth. I have not been there is such a long time. It will have to go onto my list.

I use wall and desk calendars. At home I have a Westie wall calender and at work I have a New Hampshire wall calendar. For my desk I have a Westie desk calendar. I write appointments and due dates of bills etc on the home wall calendar. The work one is for looking at week and month ending dates for various accounting deadlines. My desk calendar is for notes on what to do on various days. DH gets me the calendars for Christmas.

Youngest DS and the 3 grandkids came over yesterday for a few hours. We had fun playing and chasing the kids. They stayed for supper and then went home to get ready for bed. DDIL stayed home to have some alone time. It is nice that we can DS and play with the kids and she can get some much needed time to relax.

Thanks for the pics @Pea-n-Me Looks like a cool place to visit....if we even take a trip to the East Coast I'd love to go there and see it in person.

Hubby got his best buddy(they are so close, more like brothers) a karaoke machine for his birthday last week. It was delivered Thursday so we went over both Friday and Saturday night for dinner and Karaoke. OMG....we had so much fun. Friday night it was just the 4 of us, our DD and their DD and DIL. Last night, it was all their kids and the 4 of us....DD stayed home. First time for my friend and I ever doing Karaoke and it was a blast. I still don't think i could do it in public but with our second family I was comfy enough and had such a fun time doing it.

My sister and I decided to take my niece to a Halloween event at Knotts Berry Farm next month....its going to be so much fun. They have been having this type of event for a couple months now and I've read good reviews about it so I can't wait.

My mom is still feeling terrible....they called her in another antibiotic for her "bladder infection" but I'm thinking they should've had her come in to check her in person.

We have this weed growing in our front yard and I noticed today its starting to get these tiny little flowers. I put my finger next to the flower to see the size....its so cute.

Saturday 9/26 QOTD: What type of wall and/or datebook calendar(s) do you have? Do you tend to get the same choices each year or choose differently?
We have a boring wall calendar hubby got from work in between the kitchen and family room. The pictures are of equipment I have no idea about so we frequently forgot to change the page when the month changes....:laughing: I have a monthly planner I use for my bills. I mostly use my phone calender for appointments and events....etc, it's just more convenient since its always with me.

Bumping up our thread with two quick (I hope) phone questions. Remember I have a Galaxy.

For some reason whenever I now get a text, rather than showing a "1" in the message app icon, I see a very small message notification at the top of my phone. Anyone know why?

Secondly, whenever my phone starts up, I see a very small icon of the camera app at the top! Have no clue why! This was not always an issue! Last few weeks.

I still, btw, have the extra hidden picture book should any of you want it. Please let me know.

Thank you friends!

@AuntieMe3 , nice manicure.
Thank you....my friend does them for me. Its the one "thing" I do for myself....i may not wear makeup all the time or do my hair but my nails are always done. LoL

Watching toy story 2 on the Disney channel right now,one of my favs
My favorite one...i love Jessie and Bullseye.

@flyingdumbo127 no help with the phone troubles but hope you get it figured out.

We got McDonald's for dinner tonight.... we haven't had it in forever and for some reason I've been craving a Big Mac. Should've resisted the cravings and got something else....lol I didn't even eat half my Big Mac and I'm feeling terrible right now....yuck. Oh well at least now i know we won't eat it again for a long time....lol

Thank you....my friend does them for me. Its the one "thing" I do for myself....i may not wear makeup all the time or do my hair but my nails are always done. LoL

My favorite one...i love Jessie and Bullseye.

@flyingdumbo127 no help with the phone troubles but hope you get it figured out.

We got McDonald's for dinner tonight.... we haven't had it in forever and for some reason I've been craving a Big Mac. Should've resisted the cravings and got something else....lol I didn't even eat half my Big Mac and I'm feeling terrible right now....yuck. Oh well at least now i know we won't eat it again for a long time....lol

That happens to me also. I get a craving for a Big Mac once or twice a year. Then I regret it later. I have only had one twice in the last year, and both times I didn't feel well after eating it.

Bumping up our thread with two quick (I hope) phone questions. Remember I have a Galaxy.

For some reason whenever I now get a text, rather than showing a "1" in the message app icon, I see a very small message notification at the top of my phone. Anyone know why?

What model are you using? I have an S10, and when I get a text, I get a small bar at the very top that disappears quickly and then I get the normal '1' in the text icon. I didn't use to get it, I think it's something that got added with one of their software 'updates'.

Secondly, whenever my phone starts up, I see a very small icon of the camera app at the top! Have no clue why! This was not always an issue! Last few weeks.

I haven't noticed any icons by the camera when starting it up. Will look for sure tomorrow morning when I turn it on (I turn the phone off overnite, no need for it)..but that could also be something added during software update.

I still, btw, have the extra hidden picture book should any of you want it. Please let me know.

Thank you friends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter