problems at BCV

I am a newbie to this board. But have owned my BW timeshare since 2002 but it was my parents first from 1998. I have only been to WDW once and have reservations for this sunday for a 2-bedroom at BCV. I hope I don't have the problems that I have seen on this board. I did call today and make sure my request for a non-smoking room is noted as so on my reservation form. So we will see. I am taking my DH and DD. My DD is very excited. princess:

The last time I was at WDW was in 1998 and we stayed at a resort that is no longer there. And I can't even remember the name. But we had a nice time. I believe that is when my parents bought their timeshare.

We will be trying the Disney ME to get to the resort. But I will be taking a carry-on with a change in clothes just to be on the safe side as we will be leaving from LA at a very early time. And unlike what everyone thinks of California it has been rather cold here in the morning.

Has anyone done the grocery order at all? The number that is on the sheet didn't work for me and I had to call and get an alternate number to fax it to. Which I hope doesn't create a problem.

AMcaptured said:
That isn't true. Last August, I was sitting in the lobby waiting for my daughter and a man was screaming at the front desk because they gave his family of four a king bed room at the resort, not the Villa's. Of course this was not acceptable to him and they told him the only way they could accomodate him was to charge him extra for a conceirge room!!! I was glad he didn't back down and demanded to see a manager. They were trying to put two adults and two children into a room with only one king size bed!

DVC members are not the only one's who complain. Everyone complains these days.
If you read my post more carefully you would see that I mentioned people complaining about the view they didn't get. You also need to not take it that I meant no-one ever complains. Screaming at the CM's at the front desk is not a good way to get your needs met. The capacity for that room would have been 2 people, so they wouldn't have been able to put them in there anyways.

I just found this thread accidentally and boy I wish I had read it before I booked there. They are truly horrible to DVC owners.

We had a similar situation this past May - because our BCV studio wouldn't be ready until at least 7pm, they offered to "comp" us our dinner. I never have charges to my room key (just prefer it that way) but in order to "comp" the dinner, they "opened" my room key for that one specific dinner charge. The next morning I had a message to call the front desk as I needed to "settle" the charge. I explained the situation & that the meal was being "comped". The person at the front desk called someone else & then came back on the line - said it was just a mistake, they were sorry and they would clear the charge. All's well that ends well but the OP has me wondering...

OP~ Sorry this happened to you. We've stayed at the BCV's several times and have never had a problem. That's not to say that no-one else has, we've just had good luck I guess. We're staying there again in January and I can't wait!

I really hope that everyone who posted here (or read and thought about their BCV experience) has contacted DVC directly via email or letter to let them know the issue you experienced.

I have no idea if our problem in July was due to room ready, we checked in around 6 pm so that whole check in late deal doesn't fly with me. I spent hours calling day by day to get a 2 bedroom DEDICATED villa at BCV for our wedding planning trip. When we checked in I inquired of the young CM "earning her ears" about whether or not it was a dedicated 2 br and she informed me that she had no idea and they could not tell (how is that possible - geeez) so I immediately had a bad feeling. We troop all our luggage and people over to the villa only to discover in no time that it's not a 2 bedroom dedicated. I call the front desk and explain, they cannot understand the issue, claim that we cannot reserve a dedicated 2 bedroom, I offer to bring down our dvc confirmation letter that shows this is what I booked and they say they cannot help me.... so we are transfered to customer relations where I explain again, and again get someone who says that it's not possible to reserve that type of room... then they hang up on me while trying to transfer me again. This point I am pissed, I call back, get transfered again and ask for the room assignor (this is where they were transfering me when they hung up). I speak to her and she also tells me it's not guaranteed... so I offer to give her my confirmation and show her that for a DVC member it is.... then she tells me that it doesn't matter, they are full tonight and even if she could move us there is no where to go (thanks for wasting my 30 min). I ask for a supervisor - this is person #4 we've talked to now) and FINALLY get someone who knows that yes it is a policy and yes we can reserve a dedicated 2 bedroom. She offered to have us moved the next day - unfortunately we had to decline as our wedding meetings started at 6:30 am and lasted until 4pm and we clearly had no time to move.

In the end I wrote an email to Carli and about 4 weeks later was informed it was sent to WDW Exec offices. Two weeks after that the exec team called and we discussed. The woman agreed they had a training issue and let me know they would work on it. Frustrating but best situation for all!

chipscinderelly said:
...(snip)....In the end I wrote an email to Carli and about 4 weeks later was informed it was sent to WDW Exec offices. Two weeks after that the exec team called and we discussed. The woman agreed they had a training issue and let me know they would work on it. Frustrating but best situation for all!
I'm sorry that happened to you, but I wanted to say thanks for trying to make it better for those who "come after you". If everyone who posts about a problem did as you do, perhaps there would be fewer reports here of problems.

Best wishes -

You are correct Carol. And a matter of fact the housekeeping manager thanked me profusely for calling him to the room. (BCV debacle) As he said, if no one says anything problems won't get fixed.

Unfiortunately it wasn't fixed by the time I arrived since they were working on it in July. :rolleyes:

chipscinderelly said:
I really hope that everyone who posted here (or read and thought about their BCV experience) has contacted DVC directly via email or letter to let them know the issue you experienced.

I have no idea if our problem in July was due to room ready, we checked in around 6 pm so that whole check in late deal doesn't fly with me. I spent hours calling day by day to get a 2 bedroom DEDICATED villa at BCV for our wedding planning trip. When we checked in I inquired of the young CM "earning her ears" about whether or not it was a dedicated 2 br and she informed me that she had no idea and they could not tell (how is that possible - geeez) so I immediately had a bad feeling. We troop all our luggage and people over to the villa only to discover in no time that it's not a 2 bedroom dedicated. I call the front desk and explain, they cannot understand the issue, claim that we cannot reserve a dedicated 2 bedroom, I offer to bring down our dvc confirmation letter that shows this is what I booked and they say they cannot help me.... so we are transfered to customer relations where I explain again, and again get someone who says that it's not possible to reserve that type of room... then they hang up on me while trying to transfer me again. This point I am pissed, I call back, get transfered again and ask for the room assignor (this is where they were transfering me when they hung up). I speak to her and she also tells me it's not guaranteed... so I offer to give her my confirmation and show her that for a DVC member it is.... then she tells me that it doesn't matter, they are full tonight and even if she could move us there is no where to go (thanks for wasting my 30 min). I ask for a supervisor - this is person #4 we've talked to now) and FINALLY get someone who knows that yes it is a policy and yes we can reserve a dedicated 2 bedroom. She offered to have us moved the next day - unfortunately we had to decline as our wedding meetings started at 6:30 am and lasted until 4pm and we clearly had no time to move.

In the end I wrote an email to Carli and about 4 weeks later was informed it was sent to WDW Exec offices. Two weeks after that the exec team called and we discussed. The woman agreed they had a training issue and let me know they would work on it. Frustrating but best situation for all!

What type of 2 bedroom did they give you if not dedicated, did you get a studio and one bedroom lock off?

Sammie said:
What type of 2 bedroom did they give you if not dedicated, did you get a studio and one bedroom lock off?

We reserved a 2 bedroom with 2 beds in the 2nd bedroom. Which I suppose to some is a dedicated unit, but the one we were given had a queen and a pull out - which is not what we reserved or what our confirmation stated and hence the issue that I spent hours getting the room, waiting on the waitlist, calling to check etc.

chipscinderelly said:
We reserved a 2 bedroom with 2 beds in the 2nd bedroom. Which I suppose to some is a dedicated unit, but the one we were given had a queen and a pull out - which is not what we reserved or what our confirmation stated and hence the issue that I spent hours getting the room, waiting on the waitlist, calling to check etc.
While its great you got this on your confirmation, it really means nothing. I believe the only guarentee you have is a 2 bedroom. They can switch it if need be.

I'm pretty sure that being a DVC member only guarentees us the room listed on our confirmations, nothing else. We can ask for other things but we have no actual rights to anything else.

Obviously members can complain, yell, scream, etc., but everyone that owns DVC knows this. We are all owners of these resorts and someone has to get a non-dedicated room, a smoking room(someday the resorts will all be no-smoking), a handicapped room, a dumpster view room.

I'll be at BCV next April and I promise not to yell or scream(notice I didn't say complain) if we get a smoking room(the only thing that actually affects your health). I'll then do everything in my power to get out of it and will move later in the week as well, but I understand that there are no guarentees.

chipscinderelly said:

I'm confused. What you were looking for is a "2 Queens" bedroom. This IS a reserved category at BCV, but is something VERY different from a "dedicated 2 bedroom". A dedicated 2-bedroom just means there is no exterior door to the 2nd bedroom, and no "mini-kitchen" in the room. A "dedicated" 2-bdrm is not a reserved category. Your ressie might say one or the other, but it can be switched if need be.

A "2 Queens" room is also a dedicated 2 bdrm, but it IS a reserved category. This leads to some confusion as, due to size limitations in some rooms, not ALL "dedicated 2-bdrms" are "2 Queens" rooms. IF your ressie said, "2 Queen beds in the second bedroom", then you should not have been switched. If however, your ressie said, "Dedicated 2 bedroom"...it is a request, and not a guarantee.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but this has always been my understanding at BCV.

Beca said:
I'm confused. What you were looking for is a "2 Queens" bedroom. This IS a reserved category at BCV, but is something VERY different from a "dedicated 2 bedroom". A dedicated 2-bedroom just means there is no exterior door to the 2nd bedroom, and no "mini-kitchen" in the room. A "dedicated" 2-bdrm is not a reserved category. Your ressie might say one or the other, but it can be switched if need be.

A "2 Queens" room is also a dedicated 2 bdrm, but it IS a reserved category. This leads to some confusion as, due to size limitations in some rooms, not ALL "dedicated 2-bdrms" are "2 Queens" rooms. IF your ressie said, "2 Queen beds in the second bedroom", then you should not have been switched. If however, your ressie said, "Dedicated 2 bedroom"...it is a request, and not a guarantee.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but this has always been my understanding at BCV.

That is my understanding as well. On my past trip I reserved two "2 Queens" room and was told by MS that they were guaranteed. We had no problems at checkin. I do not believe that dedicated vs lock-off is guaranteed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter