Pride month at Disney...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney still caters to families. But families have evolved. And Disney recognizes this.
I'm guessing that the former is the majority. But we don't go screaming from the rooftops. The minority is extremely loud, but that doesn't mean they're actually a majority.

I'm not sure why we wouldn't take a month to celebrate a historically marginalized and oppressed group. But I suppose you're also against Black History Month and every other month that celebrates people. Are you also against Christmas lasting from November into January?
I think it’s funny how one would think the latter is the most popular opinion, the majority in the former are just quieter, more polite and dignified.

I get that but idk it really is exhausting to see the same people derailing threads about LGBT topics. Their minds are not being changed. They are just here to argue. It really is best to ignore them.
Exactly. The usual suspects are here to repeat the same stuff they said in the last topic like this. They’re not going to respond thoughtfully to your points or consider your viewpoint.

Can we move the discussion back to Disney’s offerings and decorations for Pride? This thread is getting derailed with discussions that are irrelevant to the subject of this thread.
There is a gay section on the dis. I would think it would be better discussed there to reach it’s target audience. In fact, it’s surprising the moderators don’t move the thread to that section. That’s normal protocol on most boards, that is to move threads to the appropriate location.

There is a gay section on the dis. I would think it would be better discussed there to reach it’s target audience. In fact, it’s surprising the moderators don’t move the thread to that section. That’s normal protocol on most boards, that is to move threads to the appropriate location.
No! Keep the discussion right here. I'm not gay and I want to read more about Disney's Pride Month.

Perhaps LGBTQIA+ people aren't the target group. Maybe it's the cis people who need to see that we can celebrate as allies the fact that there is a month in this country devoted to a group that is being demonized and marginalized more and more. It's important, especially in the current climate, to show our support.

Drag is an art form. They are not grooming children. Queer people are a part of our society, and deserve their place in it instead of being called pedophiles and groomers of children, when all the evidence points elsewhere.

I thought the CB was open to pretty much any discussion. If it bothers you that much, why read the thread, much less comment?

In fact, it’s surprising the moderators don’t move the thread to that section. That’s normal protocol on most boards, that is to move threads to the appropriate location.
That's very true of all the other dis boards, WC, except here on the Community Board. The mantra of the CB has never changed, at least in the 24+ years I have been here.

At the top of the CB main page......

Community Board

Post thread
Join our moderators in a discussion forum for any topic, Disney or otherwise. Swap stories, information, ask questions...just be friendly.

I see it as welcoming and embracing people who long felt (and probably still feel) hidden or unwelcome in public spaces. I don't think it's designed to alienate any group, quite the reverse, isn't it to bring us together? I haven't been in Pride Month, but I like to think, that, though straight, I'd be more welcome in talking and laughing with anyone and everyone.

I'm all for upbeat, positive events that promote community - in the broadest sense - and, somehow, make it easier for us all to connect on an equally human level. If we so choose.

...So, it's good to see the ways Disney is helping to celebrate that community-building spirit.

I see it as welcoming and embracing people who long felt (and probably still feel) hidden or unwelcome in public spaces. I don't think it's designed to alienate any group, quite the reverse, isn't it to bring us together? I haven't been in Pride Month, but I like to think, that, though straight, I'd be more welcome in talking and laughing with anyone and everyone.

I'm all for upbeat, positive events that promote community - in the broadest sense - and, somehow, make it easier for us all to connect on an equally human level. If we so choose.

...So, it's good to see the ways Disney is helping to celebrate that community-building spirit.
I have been at Disney several times during the event and will be again very soon. There isn’t much difference.

No! Keep the discussion right here. I'm not gay and I want to read more about Disney's Pride Month.
I don’t care if it’s moved or not. I’m just saying it probably should be and normally would be and you could read about it there. If singles groups were discussed on this section that should be moved as well. And probably would be.

Perhaps LGBTQIA+ people aren't the target group. Maybe it's the cis people who need to see that we can celebrate as allies the fact that there is a month in this country devoted to a group that is being demonized and marginalized more and more. It's important, especially in the current climate, to show our support.

Drag is an art form. They are not grooming children. Queer people are a part of our society, and deserve their place in it instead of being called pedophiles and groomers of children, when all the evidence points elsewhere.
What’s a cis person.

That's very true of all the other dis boards, WC, except here on the Community Board. The mantra of the CB has never changed, at least in the 24+ years I have been here.

At the top of the CB main page......

Community Board

Post thread
Join our moderators in a discussion forum for any topic, Disney or otherwise. Swap stories, information, ask questions...just be friendly.
Then what’s the point of sub sections.

I have been at Disney several times during the event and will be again very soon. There isn’t much difference.
I imagine the opportunity is there, depending on one's approach. Still, if it isn't much different, then I'm not sure why anyone would object to some brightly colored food and merch and the overall concept of making people feel more welcome.

I’m just saying it probably should be and normally would be and you could read about it there.
That thought is incorrect.
If singles groups were discussed on this section that should be moved as well. And probably would be.
That thought is correct.

Possibly a good way so as not to confuse yourself, try and define the topical nature of the Community Board. As defined many years ago by the owner of the dis....(underlining my addition)

Community Board

Post thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter