Pride month at Disney...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure. That presumes that war can be civilized in some fashion. I don’t believe it can. I believe that damage to and sometimes Destruction of soldiers’ humanity is inherent in war

It's not about action, it's about purpose. If we don't think of a soldier's primary purpose as "killing," if we ascribe a better reason for undertaking the actions of war, we will be more judicious about how we proceed to fight a war, or IF we even do it at all.

It's not about action, it's about purpose. If we don't think of a soldier's primary purpose as "killing," if we ascribe a better reason for undertaking the actions of war, we will be more judicious about how we proceed to fight a war, or IF we even do it at all.
But the soldiers actually going into battle really have no say in the "reasons" for war.

But the soldiers actually going into battle really have no say in the "reasons" for war.

But someone does. Everybody needs to think about it differently, from the top down. That's how change can occur.

Why on earth am I having to defend such a positive philosophical point? :confused3

I do want to add, there are gay people who are very uncomfortable with the whole "Rainbow Hoopla". A very close co-worker of mine was one of the few that sat inside during the raising of our Pride Flag at work.

He is an amazing person, with an equally amazing husband. They have two children and a very naughty dog:rotfl:

He is just a normal person who doesn't want people clapping and ooohing and ahhhing that he is gay. He rolls his eyes at the commercialization of the rainbow. He doesn't want strangers telling him that they are his ally. He doesn't need or want that. He cringes. He just wants to lead his normal, boring life.

Not everyone is like him, but just giving a different perspective.
The Community is not one homogenous blob.

There's no need to make it a "but" statement as if them being gay means they are inherently supposed to be the loudest of the bunch..that is a stereotype.

The fact that you noticed so strongly that he was the only one to not go outside for the raising of the flag (as if he is required to for some odd reason or that it means something if he doesn't), that he's a normal person (well of course he is!), and all the extra details is almost as if people forget that at the core everyone are human beings.

You and I are not the same people, why would should anyone expect those part of the Community to be any different just because they are part of the Community?

So you gonna die mad bro? I agree that they shouldn't have been called names when they were drafted into a terrible and unneeded war. Who sent them? Got any anger for that? People heard about the Mai Lai massacre and smeared people who were never there. If you are going to be a grown up maybe you shouldn't smear an entire group of people based on "some" or things you may have heard about a group of people even though you weren't there? Can you agree?
I have no anger for anyone. Not really understanding your post. You should calm down some.

But some are not. If someone asked you to use another pronoun, would you comply?
I spent 7 nights on a Disney cruise eating dinner with a mother and daughter that was obviously not a heterosexual female. My son said she\he was trans. Regardless they were very pleasant, enjoyable table mates. The subject of pronouns or sexuality never came up. That's how normal people communicate with strangers.

If she had asked me to call her by a different pronoun of course I would have obliged. If things would have gotten uncomfortable for some reason, Like say I screwed up her pronoun one too many times. I would have asked to move. People that want to be called by different pronouns that what they look like have to cut people some slack. I can't even keep my dog's pronouns straight half the time.

Like most people, I'm pretty good at faking it and keeping my opinions to myself. In real life I never get confrontational. I'll call you whatever you want and be polite about it, but I may be rolling my eyes in my thoughts.

It's only on social media do I ever see people just let things rip. I'm guilty of it myself.

You know I'll see your son with disabilities when you see my gay grandson. He was born who he is and he deserves to live as himself. He deserves books in the library that have people like him in them, movies that show love as love, people that don't stare and whisper. He deserves inclusion and pride. I can wish those things for your son and I hope you can wish the same for my family.
Of course, I wish your son all the best, but that doesn't mean I have to change my views on marriage. I have gay family, members gay co-workers. and gay neighbors. All of them are successful and living their best life. I'm not really seeing the discrimination you speak of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter