Disney Parks Pride Month foods

More Disney Parks Pride Month food stuff

Disney Pride Month mobile wallpapers

Disney Pride Month merchandise

Epcot Pride Month picture mural

Magic Kingdom Pride Month picture mural

Animal Kingdom Pride Month photo op

A famous person once said....

"When all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all more free.”

They’re certainly all in this year. Coincidence? 🤔

Yes, it even seems to have carried over to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. I'm not a huge fan of that. I don't care what they do elsewhere in the parks, but this just seems to be a little too much. Why couldn't they have a fairy godfather? That might not be so shocking to some people such as children, parents and grandparents or was that the intension?

Yes, it even seems to have carried over to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. I'm not a huge fan of that. I don't care what they do elsewhere in the parks, but this just seems to be a little too much. Why couldn't they have a fairy godfather? That might not be so shocking to some people such as children, parents and grandparents or was that the intension?

Yes, protect the children from mustaches. They tickle.

In all seriousness, it may provoke some questions from kids to their parents. I get that some parents are not ready for those types of questions, but I don't think it was done to shock deliberately. I'm sure that guy greeting people at Bibbidi-Bobbidi is a hoot for most. But yeah, could be awkward to explain if it makes you uncomfortable.

Are you referring to the male dressed as a fairy godmother (google it if you don't know)? If you're willing to answer, what about that makes it "a little too much"? I'll agree it's different, and wouldn't be something I'd choose to do, but what is wrong with it? I honestly can't think of anything.

Yes, protect the children from mustaches. They tickle.

In all seriousness, it may provoke some questions from kids to their parents. I get that some parents are not ready for those types of questions, but I don't think it was done to shock deliberately. I'm sure that guy greeting people at Bibbidi-Bobbidi is a hoot for most. But yeah, could be awkward to explain if it makes you uncomfortable.
But if you break it down, is that a reason NOT to do something? What about "back in the day" when women weren't supposed to wear pants? Should a company force women to wear dresses because their customers might be uncomfortable explaining why a woman is wearing pants?

But if you break it down, is that a reason NOT to do something? What about "back in the day" when women weren't supposed to wear pants? Should a company force women to wear dresses because their customers might be uncomfortable explaining why a woman is wearing pants?
Nope...I say live and let live and that everyone should dress in what makes them comfortable and happy, and to use pronouns that make them happy, and to live in a way that makes them happy. I was trying to understand that there will inevitably be questions from curious children that might make *some* parents uncomfortable. I agree with everything you posted actually, Sam. Perhaps I failed.

Disney announced that the would have godmother apprentices a while back. I believe it was when they reopened back in August. The new outrage for this old news is from the video that went viral.

But I have a question, besides being a greeter in this persons case, have there been any men that do hair? Are parents allowed to request a gender for thier apprentice? What about race? If I have a black child and want my child to have a black apprentice, can I request that (I am pretty sure Disney had the BBB cast members take more training on doing more hair types to be more inclusive)? And is that true in every case ie if Hispanic request Hispanic, if white request white, etc.? What is and isn’t appropriate?

I think it's wonderful that Disney is participating in this celebration of love.

Parents' ability to answer questions is part of what makes a good parent. And seeing beautiful murals which celebrate and support people is a very healthy way to start the dialogue. Each parent will decide for themselves how to answer their questions.

Disney announced that the would have godmother apprentices a while back. I believe it was when they reopened back in August. The new outrage for this old news is from the video that went viral.

But I have a question, besides being a greeter in this persons case, have there been any men that do hair? Are parents allowed to request a gender for thier apprentice? What about race? If I have a black child and want my child to have a black apprentice, can I request that (I am pretty sure Disney had the BBB cast members take more training on doing more hair types to be more inclusive)? And is that true in every case ie if Hispanic request Hispanic, if white request white, etc.? What is and isn’t appropriate?

I'm not sure I get where you're coming from. Are you posting that you *don't* think this person greeting is appropriate for children? Is that why you've suggested scenarios that will not happen? Just trying to clarify.

I'm not sure I get where you're coming from. Are you posting that you *don't* think this person greeting is appropriate for children? Is that why you've suggested scenarios that will not happen? Just trying to clarify.
No. I am asking have there been men that do hair as apprentices. Because that is what Disney said it was doing last year. I just haven’t seen anything until this video with any complaints.

And I am not sure what you mean about scenarios not happening. I am just curious if I were to show up with their child and want someone (an apprentice) that they feel more connected with is it appropriate for parent to request that. No devious motives. Just curious.

Would you consider this appropriate for children? Because unless I'm wrong, the check-in person wasn't doing anything except greeting people in a friendly manner.

1651259124-TaXdZKP0R4.jpg

No. I am asking have there been men that do hair as apprentices. Because that is what Disney said it was doing last year. I just haven’t seen anything until this video with any complaints.

And I am not sure what you mean about scenarios not happening. I am just curious if I were to show up with their child and want someone (an apprentice) that they feel more connected with is it appropriate for parent to request that. No devious motives. Just curious.
I see. I just think there's no way someone will walk into BBB and ask for a person of the same ethnicity to do their child's hair, but someone *would* walk in and say, "that's not appropriate for my child." I didn't mean for it to come across the way it obviously did-I guess I'm just overly sensitive to the situation. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter