PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL Information

The Japense(sp) is to dye for girl! I loved it they are so nice and the rooms are private and very professional gals. The well being would knock your socks off too I'm told.

Okay PartyofSix....I'm ready for some pampering:Pinkbounc

Now what is the Japanese? Is it a facial or a massage? Come on tell me more.....please:)
Well being...hmmmm gonna have to go read about that one.

Thanks!

Well Jessica, the japense silk facial is a facial and massage all in one. You get your face all pampered and it is wonderful! Then she does your shoulders and your feet and it's just wonderful and relaxing. I can't wait to do it again. My husband gave me the spa treatment for an anniversary gift last year on our visit that was my first spa experience and definetly not my last.

Sounds very relaxing...thanks for the info!

When I called to confirm my room an Operator said I would enjoy the drinks in the lobby. Does anyone know what she means?

Does any one know how I should request this. Yes I only have ressie for a bay view, but I can wish for a magical upgrade!!!

I read this thread and I am still confused about the West Wing. I really want in order of priority THAT BIG BATHROOM, would that be deluxe or villa. I also want a patio with a beach pool view. Is that possible? We can all be dreamers! What should I politely ask to be upgraded to?

For the big bathroom you want a deluxe room. The Villa is only a Parlor room it connects to a deluxe room that would have the large bathroom. I don't think patios are doable for the beach pool actually I'm sure there not. Now a terrace or balcony could be had. If you want a king room you should request room 2665 If you want a queen room 2667 would be a nice choice. They are dead center overlooking the pool with balconies and they are deluxe rooms.

Could someone please tell me the difference between the Delux and the bay view rooms? I booked a bay view because I love to look at boats coming and going, but it seems that most people are booking delux rooms.

I also booked a bay view. It is my understanding that the deluxe rooms are a little bigger and for some reason the pool area is apparently a bigger draw for views so is more expensive. It sounds like most of the deluxe rooms are pool views.

Most deluxe rooms are in the villa or west wing, which are closer to the beach pool. Bay view rooms may be in the east wing, which is more of a walk to the boat and beach pool.

Originally posted by smironov
Most deluxe rooms are in the villa or west wing, which are closer to the beach pool. Bay view rooms may be in the east wing, which is more of a walk to the boat and beach pool.

There are plenty of Bay view rooms in the west wing. all the rooms by the boat dock are bay view, on the opposite side of the beach pool.

Is there a Club Level at Portofino Bay Hotel with snacks, etc?

I believe that PBH used to have a Concierge level, but did away with it.

Hope this helps......

:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

Originally posted by *Flower*
I believe that PBH used to have a Concierge level, but did away with it.
Hope this helps......

Yes they did, but they are bringing it back. It will be a small lounge with a small amount of rooms like RP. It should be opening early spring.

They are looking at making the 5th floor deluxe rooms pool view there conceirge level. They are waiting for contracts for the food service to be approved and things like that.

Originally posted by PartyofSix
They are looking at making the 5th floor deluxe rooms pool view there conceirge level. They are waiting for contracts for the food service to be approved and things like that.

I have been trying to find out about this. Thanks for the info. I was wandering if you know who to contact to reserve a room on this level. We are staying at PBH in April, and would love to have concierge benefits, but no one at reservations has heard about this level being added.

I was told by management they are not taking reservations for club at PBH yet, since it is uncertain when they will open it.
You can call the hotel directly at 407-503-1000 ask for a manager & they can update you.

Simon,

I agree with cpm. They are not 100% sure they are bringing it back but there seems to be all indications they are. Unless something goes terribley wrong I think they are. You can call the number and ask for Guest Services they seems to always have the most up to date info on things like this. You could go ahead and book your rooms and request the 5th floor as that was a good bet that's where it'll be offered. You can also put in that request while your there talking with guest services on the phone. You may get lucky and score a room during there trial phase>LOL Maybe they'd allow you a comp'd upgrade so to speak>LOL Good Luck and let us know if you get more up date info. That was the last i heard middle of december.

We have reservations at PBH in April. Does any one know of a website that has a map of the property? We are suppose to be in a bay view room. Also, our reservation includes breakfast. I assume this will be a buffet, but in which restaurant?

Thanks for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter