PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL Information

Does anyone know how far the Portofino is from SeaWorld???

We were going to stay across from Seaworld, but I would love to try the Portofino. We will be staying at the Yacht Club for the rest of our trip, but we wanted to stay 1 night near Seaworld.

Seaworld is off of I-4 about halfway between Disney and Universal so in my opinion its very driveable. I've been considering the same plan. Have Fun!:D

Thanks, in checking prices for 1 night at the Portofino, the rate was $269 per night. Is there anyway to get that less expensive?? I am staying in the beginning of May. Does the entertainment book require that you stay more than 1 or 2 evenings???? Does the Loews card say you anything???

Thanks for any help.

It all depends on your date as to the Entertainment rate being available and if it has minimum night requirements. I just looked up www.hotelkingdom.com for May 5th and it was available for $189.00 Garden View and $220.00 Deluxe. You may also want to call Loews directly and request the "loews sweet home rate". Whne you call Loews also ask if they have ANY discounted rates available sometimes you just have to ask directly. Good Luck:)

OK, I just called LOEWS directly and book a room with the entertainment card. The original price was $329 for Deluxe room, and I got it for 180! Thanks for your advice!

Just FYI-

I called the guest services manager today about pricing for some of the suites at PBH and he said that if they bring back the concierge they have to do some construction first and that the earliest they would start it is November.

Hi all,
Don't know if this has come up recently as I have not had time to go through the whole thread, so please bear with me...

PBH has been coming up on Hotwire for $149 a night for my September dates. I assume this is for a standard view. Will I be able to request a garden view? Has anyone here stayed at PBH through Hotwire?I know very little about Universal resorts as I have been concentrating mainly on Disney resorts. I will also check Expedia for my dates because it looks like I might be able to get a lower price than Hotwire!

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

DeeCee;
I think $149 for PBH is a great rate, no matter what the view. I think PBH is better than GF at WDW. Could you imagine the mouse offering rooms at GF for $149???
I booked an Entertainment rate of $170 for 9/11-9/14 for a Bay View room. We stayed in a bay view, west wing room in Feb, right near the boat dock, which was awesome. We were a short walk from the "castle" pool, where my kids loved the slide and my wife and I loved the "beach" service from the bar. We're really looking forward to another five days in September!!!

Info - It was sold out for 3 nights while we were there and I hardly saw anyone the whole time. It was packed with conventions. The place is so huge I still felt like we were almost the only ones in the resort!

Can't wait to go back. It is my new favorite. Right up there with AKL-Conci. and BW Villa.

Does PBH have club level? Thanks!

They are bringing it back. It will be aon a small scale like RPR's club. It will be in the west wing villa section. Hopefully soon!!!

Ok my dates have changed from 06/12- 06/16 at HRH to 06/08-06/12 at PBH garden view. I will be travelling with 3 kids is this going to be a "fun" hotel for them? Where should I request to be put at? I got the ENT rate of $155 and right now am feeling a little unsure about the move to this hotel, as I had prepared myself for HRH, if that makes any sense LOL.
Does PBH have cabanas? Does someone have a website about this hotel that I can pore over?

My kids (DD 13, DS 11) love PBH. We stayed in a west wing Bay View room, which was nice and close to both the boat dock and the "castle" pool. My kids really loved this pool, with its long slide and sandy beach. They also loved eating at Mama Dellas and the pizza place with the brick oven pizzas. They can't wait to go back in Sept.

Reminder that for those on a budget, you can go to www.mousesavers.com and check out universal hints link
you will find that you can get hints on how to use hotwire.com to book a room at most or all 3 of the on site hotels at bargain rates
for instance in july we got RP for 113 a night, and I think HRH was 130 and PBH was 145 or so , the only catch is that hotwire charges your visa entirely as soon as u book and u cant change your reservations. consider it though if u like to feel you got the best rate. hotwire gives prices but doesnt tell you which hotel so mousesavers explains the symbols that tell you what hotels are offering the rate shown... hope this helps!

We just got back from a 3 night stay at PBH. We're from the UK and had originally booked 2 nights there in the middle of our stay at Caribbean Beach at Disney. My children are 12 and 15 so this might possibly be our last trip to Universal/Disney. I really wanted to visit all 3 hotels whilst we were there so on our second day we had an afternoon at the HRH. Before our visit the girls would have definately have chosen to stay there over the PBH. But whilst they liked the pool with it's sound system they both said afterwards that they preferred the PBH. The HRH is a beautiful hotel but there is just something about the theming and the atmosphere (and the beds) at the PBH that makes it feel like an experience not just a hotel. We had also booked for Tchoup Tchoup at the Royal Pacific for dinner. So I got to look at that hotel too. We went for drinks in the Orchid Lounge and the theming is lovely. My overall opinion is all 3 hotels are great, but PBH was definately the best out of them all. We liked it so much we booked another night there. If you have any questions I would be glad to answer them, also try and read posts from Party Of Six she is the expert!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter