• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL Information

Hey Amy, I'm glad to see your finally taking the plunge>LOL Now what pool are you calling the Main pool? There is a beach and Villa pool and there basically is a wing of rooms that run in between them you take the same elevator for both those pools when you get off you literally are at the pool gates you take a left for the villa and a right for the beach pool. You would be very, very, close to the boat dock too. The third pool I never got around to visiting as it was on the West side of the hotel. Yes, it's big enough to describe WEst to East.LOL A villa is a room remember you are in italy amy.LOL Call and request room 2663 this room will be a deluxe with two queen beds and a baloncy over looking the beach pool it's a nice room. It'll go for 180.00 ent. rate. I don't believe PBH has rooms with double beds though amy. These are lovely, rooms I just can't wait for you to go and come back and rave about this place I hope your family appreciates all the hard work you have put into everyones vacation. If you'd rater over look the villa pool ask for 2676 (balcony) or 2674 no balcony both have queen beds and are deluxe rooms

Thanks partyofsix. when I say main pool, I am talking about the pool with the slide. I guess that would be the beach pool. $180.00 entertainment rate is a great rate. I hope I can get that rate. thanks,,amy

portomap.gif

Just trying to clear up East from West. If you want to be near the boat dock you want to be on the West side of the property not East.

OMG! You guys have even me confused! I was at Busch Gardens all weekend, sorry I didn't respond any sooner.
I didn't realize that the villa rooms aren't considered to be in the west wing. I usually just request west wing /villa room & I have always had a villa room. I don't remember the room #'s off hand except the last one was 2333 king bed/bay view.
The others have been facing the villa pool and right near the elevator that walks out to either pool which is very convenient.
I would love a balcony someday but I don't think I would be able to sleep in a smoking room. I don't think I would like being in the East wing, seems to far from everything. And the Hillside pool is just ordinary.
I have yet to be disappointed with a room at Portofino!

Just booked Sat., Feb. 1st, Bay View room for $170, Entertainment rate. How are the Bay View rooms? Are they as big as the regular rooms at WDW Poly?
Kids, DW and I are really looking forward to this business trip :)

Originally posted by corvair
Are all the rooms concidered villas? thanks..amy

No, they started out being the concierge rooms. They are a bit larger, and they have a separate shower and tub, and a few more design touches. The rooms start in the hall off the lobby snd go around the villa pool.

Hi Dave,

Portofino gardenview and bayview are 462 sq ft (average)
Poly is 409 sq ft. (average)

Were staying at both these hotels in december and I cant wait!!:bounce:

business trip :p Have Fun

Does anyone know if there are jogging trails at the PBH? And if so, how long are they?

I just got back Today!!!!! Yes there is a path, a walking path, it is paved,but I believe it is suitable for jogging, it goes around the resort past the Hard Rock and all the way to the Theme Parks. Hpe this helps :D

Thanks Daryl! I hope you are posting a trip report soon?! We've never stayed at PBH before and I am enjoying hearing all about everyone's stay there!

Originally posted by CPM
I have yet to be disappointed with a room at Portofino!
Nice place but...Having been there just once which was this past March, we must have been in the East wing...not a very exciting place. LOL! And we must have walked around to the left to the tiny pool which is #26 on the map. (I think that's a pool.) We never did venture to the "main" pool which a friend told me about after the fact. The room was very nice. However, our "garden view" was a bush right outside the window and some grass on a tiny hill. The bush touched the window! Very yucky view!! I won't stay in that room again.

Hi Folks!

DH and I just visited the RP for our Anniversary, and on Friday Nov.1 we dropped by the PB to check things out... And I saw the SWEETEST thing!!

We came upon the aftermath of a marriage proposal! Someone had "(Name) will you marry me?" spelled out, in carved-out, previously lit pumpkins!! and placed together around the edge of the bay (on the side near the ice cream shop). The entire thought was so incredibly beautiful, I almost puddled up... I felt funny about taking a picture (to post) of something that was so incredibly personal to someone else, so I didn't... I'll always remember it though...

Kudos to whomever and wherever the happy couple are!
:jester:

grumbada, I wish you would have taken a picture of the pumpkin marraige proposal! What a unique and romantic idea.

Thanks to all of you on this thread, I've just booked us a Deluxe Pool View room at the PBH for May 29 - June 1.

BTW, the tax rate as of Jan. 1 will be going up to 11.5% per night per room- I really budget, so it was nice to be informed of this.

I took advantage of the "Save $5 and free shipping" on an Entertainment book last night, and today I was able to book the PBH at the Entertainment rate!!

It will be our first time at the PBH, so THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!

What is this Entertainment Rate? How do I get it? We stayed at PBH just a few months after opened and paid full price, I'd love to get a discount this time!;) Thanks, Dana

Just call the 800 to book and ask for ent. rate code for your dates. THey also offer AP, Fan Club rates. ENt rates seem to be the lowest available. If they can book you at ent rate go to www.entertainment.com and buy ANY book there is a cc looking card in the front of the book that's what they'll ask to see. Also del toria accepts this card in the resturant for discounts.

Thank you Party of Six!:) I checked on the Universal website last night and they too are running a special. They had PBH gardenview at 166 a night including tax. You just had to buy the tickets through them too, which is fine with me since I need them anyway!:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter