Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused: What did you think looked run down? We were there late Aug and things looked as beautiful as ever to me, aside from the construction going on in the mansion section, which wasn't that bad.

We were there in July and thought it was beautiful, too.

I just got my preferred room category back. After too many calls, I got an awesome customer service person....
Now if the Tigers would just beat the Yankees!!!

Just had to vent

We were booked in a preferred room category, I booked this specifically because I have a bad knee and need to be as close to the front as possible. I just got my documents on Friday, the room category is now water view, so after spending countless hours on the phone with customer service, they won't do anything because the resort is sold out, and they say I called at a later date and switched to a waterview room.....This did not happen!
I would never have done this, but they have me, and I can't do anything, Believe me, I have tried everything. So, I refuse to let this ruin my trip, we haven't been to Dis. since 2008. We usually go every fall, but have had 3 major deaths in 3 years and couldn't go.....So we really need this trip and some major pixie dust.
So, after looking at the resort map, if I can't get preferred, the closest looks to be Oak Manor? Is that correct. I understand that while we are there buildings 36,37,38, and 39 will be rehabbed, so I shouldn't have to worry about being back there. Our dates are 10/28-11/5.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.....any better room requests I shoud do?

Thanks for letting me vent.....Mary in Michigan(Travelgoddess)

Hi! I don't have a recommendation for you-but, this is all the pixie dust I have today and I am giving it to you...:wizard: (ta-da!!!).

I'm sorry your request wasn't noted properly. It will work out and you will have a nice, relaxing, easy knee vacation! :earsboy:

** I then read your updated post--see my Pixie Dust worked!!! Travel safe and have fun!

I just got my preferred room category back. After too many calls, I got an awesome customer service person....
Now if the Tigers would just beat the Yankees!!!

Just had to vent

Look at that, you got everything you were hoping for all in one day! :goodvibes

Enjoy your trip, and GO TIGERS! :thumbsup2

Hey fellow Michiganders....Where are you from?

I'm from Tecumseh...In Lenawee county.

That was the most stressfull game ever! I'm so glad they're heading home now!

Glad you got it sorted. Normally if Disney makes a mistake (which can happen!) they will do their best to fix it, but a lot depends on how helpful the person you happen to get to speak to is. The very best cast members will move mountains to keep their guests happy.

I was going to suggest that you contact the special assistance line, but it sounds like you won through in the end. Your other option would have been to contact the resort directly a few days before you arrive, and try to get them to assign you to buildings 16 or 17, which although they are not technically 'preferred' are still very nicely located, with some rooms being closer than some of the ones in building 27 for example.

I Hope you have a great stay.

Andre

Is all of Oak Manor going to Princess Rooms or just some?
I made my request for either Magnolia Terrace or Oak Manor for our trip next year.

Yes. Oak Manor will be all Princess rooms I believe. We stayed in Acadian House in Aug, and thought that was a good location. We were on the quiet pool side opposite Magnolia Terrace.

From what the Disney rep said and what is on portorleans.org the whole buildings of parterre and oak will be royally refurbished.

From what the Disney rep said and what is on portorleans.org the whole buildings of parterre and oak will be royally refurbished.

We are staying in the Mansion buildings this trip and the Royal Rooms on our NOV 2012 trip. Are they located in the same general area? And Parterre and oak, what are they next to or close to?

We are staying in the Mansion buildings this trip and the Royal Rooms on our NOV 2012 trip. Are they located in the same general area? And Parterre and oak, what are they next to or close to?

Parterre and oak buildings are in the southeast corner of the map. Not too far from main building or anything.

Take a look at this hope it helps: (Borrowed from "PortOrleans.org")
Port-Orleans-Riv-Map-Clean.gif

Just back from 8 days 7 nights at POR! So sad to be home in this 40 degree rainy weather in Buffalo :rolleyes:

I posted a review of our stay here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2810808

Anddd... I got engaged while there! It has an interesting story. I posted about that here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2810816

Overall, a good stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay again! Let me know if you have any questions!

Well very big congratulations for you both! Glad to hear you made it back in one piece!

A pic of this heart on the bed? That sound so cute even though it didn't go according to his plan. Well done to your fiancé. Very sweet of him!

Just back from 8 days 7 nights at POR! So sad to be home in this 40 degree rainy weather in Buffalo :rolleyes:

I posted a review of our stay here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2810808

Anddd... I got engaged while there! It has an interesting story. I posted about that here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2810816

Overall, a good stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay again! Let me know if you have any questions!

Hi! Sorry you had to come home and couldn't live in Cinderella Castle forever with your new Prince Charming fiance...princess:.

Congrats on your engagement, it will be more memorable b/c it didn't go as planned (work with me here ;)). Also, sorry your POR stay wasn't quite right, but it sounds like you had a good time overall?

Thanks for the resort report-now-go plan that wedding!!!

I just returned from a 3 week trip to WDW! Stayed at POR and now have a TON of pictures to share!!

601.jpg

Thanks all so so much!!!!

Hi! Sorry you had to come home and couldn't live in Cinderella Castle forever with your new Prince Charming fiance...princess:.

Congrats on your engagement, it will be more memorable b/c it didn't go as planned (work with me here ;)). Also, sorry your POR stay wasn't quite right, but it sounds like you had a good time overall?

Thanks for the resort report-now-go plan that wedding!!!

haha yes a cute proposal story, and definitely was not a let down and its not weighing on either of us! Our POR stay was still wonderful, I just mainly pointed out the things that were a little off. This was our second time staying there (first time was only for a night) and we wouldn't hesitate to stay again! Overall, we had a great time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter