Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread - Royally Refurbished for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Random...
IMG_1321.jpg

A week from right now, I will be checking in at POR. Last time I stayed there, the food court was under construction. Does anyone have any recent pictures they can share of the Riverside Mill Food Court.

Thanks

No one answered my question before, so I'll ask it again! :)

Whats the best mansion building to request to stay in?

A week from right now, I will be checking in at POR. Last time I stayed there, the food court was under construction. Does anyone have any recent pictures they can share of the Riverside Mill Food Court.

Thanks

When was the last time you were there? I was there in Feb of this year and they were doing some repainting to the outside, but all looked done to the inside.

I would say depending to when your going to be there and what special circumstances you may need or want. But the best building that already has undergone refurbishment is either Arcadian House or Magnolia Terrace.

Hope this helps!

Well that all depends on which building you like, really... let us know what would be "best" for you and we can suggest a building for you to request.

My own choice, for what it's worth, would be a river view in Magnolia Terrace at the moment I think.

Andre

How far out do they publish activity schedules? In other words when do you think I can expect feb-march schedule?

They don't "publish" them in advance as such, they just put the current info in the lobbies and as a sheet in welcome packs. So really 1st of the month, or if I'm lucky the day before.

Andre

Well that all depends on which building you like, really... let us know what would be "best" for you and we can suggest a building for you to request.

My own choice, for what it's worth, would be a river view in Magnolia Terrace at the moment I think.

Andre

Wow, I believe I made the right choice in requesting Magnolia Terrace if YOU would choose it, too, at the moment, Andre. Makes me feel good about requesting it. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Donna

We just came back last week from a trip at POFQ and have another trip booked next year at POR. We had a walk around there and honestly I don't like it as much, but we will be a party of 5 and that will be our cheapest route. Are they redoing all the pools? because things looked run down, and so far apart! Does anyone have the total rehab schedule?

We just came back last week from a trip at POFQ and have another trip booked next year at POR. We had a walk around there and honestly I don't like it as much, but we will be a party of 5 and that will be our cheapest route. Are they redoing all the pools? because things looked run down, and so far apart! Does anyone have the total rehab schedule?

I'm not sure if this is the total rehab schedule but Andre posted the schedule a few pages back. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=42766731&postcount=2029

Actually that schedule does not include AB.

I'm planning a trip for my family and my parents for next July for Royal Rooms. I am wondering if it would be better when we check in to check in at the same time to hopefully get our rooms close together. I have requested that they are- and I know that it is only a request. What do you think would be the best way to handle that?

I'm planning a trip for my family and my parents for next July for Royal Rooms. I am wondering if it would be better when we check in to check in at the same time to hopefully get our rooms close together. I have requested that they are- and I know that it is only a request. What do you think would be the best way to handle that?

We did this last year at POR. We had our trip classified as a grand gathering as there were 9 of us all together. We had two separate reservations that we had linked together. When I did the booking I put a request for connecting rooms. Even though we checked in on Tues and my parents checked in on Thurs, they were still able to accomodate us with connecting rooms. Not in the building we were hoping for, but connecting rooms was more important to us!!! HTH! :wizard:

I'm not sure if this is the total rehab schedule but Andre posted the schedule a few pages back. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=42766731&postcount=2029

Actually that schedule does not include AB.

This is what is posted on the site http://www.portorleans.org/rehab.php
The following dates include some overlap between buildings, and are obviously always going to be SUBJECT TO CHANGE, so please don't make your wedding plans based on them! I have deliberately not quoted the planned completion dates to avoid anyone getting disappointed.

•Magnolia Bend, Acadian House: starts 26 June 2011, for approx. six weeks
•Magnolia Bend, Magnolia Terrace: starts 31 July 2011, for approx. six weeks
•Alligator Bayou, Lodges 36, 37, 38, 39: starts 25 October 2011, for approx. eight weeks
•Magnolia Bend, Oak Manor: starts 15 January 2012, for approx. five weeks [Royal Themed Rooms]
•Magnolia Bend, Parterre Place: starts 19 February 2012, for approx. five weeks [Royal Themed Rooms]
•Alligator Bayou, Lodges 24, 16, 17, 28: starts 3 April 2012, for approx. eight weeks
•Alligator Bayou, Lodges 14, 27, 18, 15: starts 8 May 2012, for approx. seven weeks
•Alligator Bayou, Lodges 25, 35, 26, 34: starts 5 June 2012, for approx. eight weeks
The construction work will happen one building at a time, however especially in Alligator Bayou it looks as though work on the next lodge may well commence before the previous one has been fully completed, giving some overlap where two buildings could be out of use at the same time.

We did this last year at POR. We had our trip classified as a grand gathering as there were 9 of us all together. We had two separate reservations that we had linked together. When I did the booking I put a request for connecting rooms. Even though we checked in on Tues and my parents checked in on Thurs, they were still able to accomodate us with connecting rooms. Not in the building we were hoping for, but connecting rooms was more important to us!!! HTH! :wizard:

Thank you!!:goodvibes

We're thinking of diong a split stay RO at Pop for three nights and FD for a week at POR. Does anyone have experience of how easy or hard it is to do the transfer from one to the other? We would have a building request on our POR booking on top of luggage to transport.

Does anyone have any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter