Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumping on board from the other thread. Thanks Andre.

Been a multi-time visitor to POR and LOVED every visit. There is not a more peaceful and serene, yet fun resort in all of Disney-dom. This Dec, we're even stepping up. We'll be travelling with family and are staying in the Royal Guest Rooms.

Already can't wait for our mid-trip relaxation day that starts with the boat ride to Downtown Disney. Mindless shopping, easy pace and when we get back, just walking the grounds and taking in the scenery.

No limits that I know of.

Andre

Thanks Andre! Do you know what the general schedule is for refurbishments of the pool/slide areas? I wasn't sure if it's once a year or if it happens at a certain time of year. We're arriving in November and hoping to use the pool and slide.

Waving from GF, too! :cheer2:

LOL Hey Erin!! :wave2:

I should be able to post the full Easter Sunday recreation schedules on Friday, so keep watching here or on http://www.portorleans.org/recreation-activites-schedule.php. (Oh, and in case anyone wants to, you can also follow updates via social media on www.facebook.com/portorleans.org or on Twitter at @PortOrleansOrg or by RSS at http://www.portorleans.org/portorleans-news-rss.xml)

Andre

Thanks Andre, just liked the page on FB! :)

MY AAA person got back to me that she added my room request, so one more thing out of the way! :)

I just opened up my DME documents that arrived yesterday and they are correct. That makes me so glad.

My trip is so much closer now. All I have left to do is finish up my ADR's (yes, I'm behind as usual. LOL) and everything will be set. :woohoo:

I also have to look at the map and see where the laundry room is. I figure I'll probably do a load of laundry this trip while I hang out at the pool one afternoon.

:cheer2: Woo! Excited for all those booked :goodvibes

I still have a ways to go ... I want to start planning my days but the park hours aren't available yet. And I still have 2 months til I cn start making ADRs, really hope I can book the new 'Be Our Guest' restaurant!

Ok, more coffee :thumbsup2

LMAO !!! Sure makes it sound better than 4 weeks and 2 days? LOL

Some people will do most anything to get to WDW sooner. My! Have a great time.

Only 3 weeks and 9 days til we check in to PoR for our first WDW vacation!

You're going to love it! POR was my first on-site hotel, and I love it - so glad to be returning after a long hiatus.

I'm in the single digits now!!! (until I hit the road for the long drive, that is...) :cool1:

Ever feel like a fish out of water when you're planning??? We're a family of 5 DVC members who have stayed mostly at OKW (many times). Used up our points doing a Disney cruise on the new Dream so we were looking at other possibilities. We've done CBR a couple times and due to some really nice room-only rates later this summer we're taking our first plunge into POR. It's a beautiful looking resort and Andre's incredible FAQ page and website have been an amazing help.

We know we will have to stay in AB since we are 5 to the room. We are booked with Garden View, but I'm not sure what buildings that would be in. We like to be as close to the action as possible so any ideas on which building to request since we're not in the preferred buildings? We're also a little spoiled being able to do laundry in our roon at OKW, how are the laundry facilities at POR and are they readily available?

We'll be there in August which is a first time for us. I know it's pretty hot and humid, but if anyone has traveled that time of year and can tell me a little about crowds and such I'd really appreciate it. Looking forward to follwoing ths thread.

Thanks!!!

Hi! We will be at POR in October for our first trip with our 1.5 year old son...so excited! He doesn't do too well sleeping in a pack and play so we were planning on renting a full size crib for him (30" x 54"). Does anyone happen to know if this would fit along the closet wall by the sinks? We were hoping to be able to close the curtain at night to make it darker/quieter for him to sleep.
Thanks so much! :goodvibes

Hi! We will be at POR in October for our first trip with our 1.5 year old son...so excited! He doesn't do too well sleeping in a pack and play so we were planning on renting a full size crib for him (30" x 54"). Does anyone happen to know if this would fit along the closet wall by the sinks? We were hoping to be able to close the curtain at night to make it darker/quieter for him to sleep.
Thanks so much! :goodvibes
can't speak for POR but crib would fit in area but you would either have it "in closet" or blocking sinks plus it would be right across from bath room and if someone should need br they would have to go behind curtain to use it

Mickeygolf - I would request AB16 as it is almost like preferred, next to quiet pool where the laundry is located and equal distance from south and west bus. Parking lot is on the standard side if you drive. This location is closer to main building then Mansions. Enjoy!

Mickeygolf - I would request AB16 as it is almost like preferred, next to quiet pool where the laundry is located and equal distance from south and west bus. Parking lot is on the standard side if you drive. This location is closer to main building then Mansions. Enjoy!

Thanks so much. Do you know if they have the Garden View classification? Any idea if these have been refurbed yet, not that I would care since it's close to main buildings?

Thanks Andre! Do you know what the general schedule is for refurbishments of the pool/slide areas?

It varies, I don't think there is a specific year-on-year timetable for work to be done. I think most years there are a few days of downtime for each of the pools for minor work though, but there is only ever one closed at a time. Dates are often only announced a month or so in advance.

We know we will have to stay in AB since we are 5 to the room. We are booked with Garden View, but I'm not sure what buildings that would be in. ... how are the laundry facilities at POR and are they readily available?

We'll be there in August which is a first time for us. I know it's pretty hot and humid, but if anyone has traveled that time of year and can tell me a little about crowds and such I'd really appreciate it.

Have a look at the map in the first post, Garden View rooms are in any of the smaller individually-numbered buildings except for 14, 15, 18 and 27 (which are preferred locations). 16 and 17 are good to request if you want to still be fairly close to the main buildings, and they are also very close to a quiet pool - which is where you find the laundry facilities. It's great to throw all the washing into a machine and go and have a swim while it cleans.

Crowd levels really depend on exactly when in August you are going. First two weeks will be very, very busy; the third week gets a bit quieter and fourth week (once all the US schools have started again) is quieter still. After Labor Day it gets dramatically quieter, but that's September.

Andre

Does anyone ever request a building close to the bus stop?? I'm thinking buildings 25 or 24 in AB would be good....close to a quiet pool and close to a bus stop.

Far from the main pool and refilling drinks though.

Or am I confusing a lake for a quiet pool on the map????:scared:

can't speak for POR but crib would fit in area but you would either have it "in closet" or blocking sinks plus it would be right across from bath room and if someone should need br they would have to go behind curtain to use it

Thanks for the response! We were hoping to line the crib up against the "closet" wall so that it wouldn't be blocking the sinks, but this is where I wasn't sure if it would fit. We definitely want him behind the curtain one way or another so we'll just have to make do with sneaking in after his bedtime.

We are booked at POR in a Royal Room for September 29-October 5th! So excited to catch free dining AND a stay in these gorgeous rooms! It will be my daughter's first trip and she will be celebrating her 5th birthday while there! I am BEYOND excited! Thanks Andre for all of the information! :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!