Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno if this can be answered here but.....

I've previously stayed at Pop Century and All Star Movies and the bus stops from the park back to the hotel were sooooo far away! Are the bus stop lines for Port Orleans Riverside any closer to the parks main entrance? That was a big draw for a moderate resort for us.....must be closer to the entrance to cut down on a little bit of walking!

Thanks for the new thread, Andre!

I have a question for anyone who has done this at POR...I'd like to know the preferred way they like to do this....---- can you add gift cards to your KTTW upon check-in? Or do I just need to charge to my room and pay the balance every few days with our GCs?

I dont know about gift cards but here's what we did. We had cash with us and when we checked in we gave it to them to put on our KTTW card. We had money leftover at check out and they gave it back to us. I loved the whole idea because that way I didnt have to carry cash, credit/debit cards or gift cards & not worry about losing them.

I imagine it would work the same way with gift cards.

Does anyone know the progress of the RRs at Parterre? We booked a RR checking in first week of May. Will all rooms be ready by then? What would happen if they are not done and are over booked in RRs? Would we know beforehand if this was the case?

I was there last week and we were in Oak Manor on the side facing Parterre so I got to check it out. They seem to like to leave the lights on in the rooms all night so it was easy to see what was going on inside! The upper floors looked to be near completion. The ground floor had some rooms that were near completion--all the furniture loaded in, but still wrapped in plastic and stacked on beds, etc. There were also so rooms that still needed painted and had no carpet though. They were working long hours--it wasn't unusual to see workers over there still at 8pm--so I would think they are going to be ready to open on time.

Hooray, a new home ... I can still smell the fresh paint :p

Thanks Andre :goodvibes

Sooooo, lets do a quick roll call of all those about to go/book POR so i can get excited for you :banana:

We're booked Oct 6-14 in a river view royal room. :woohoo:

(sniff-sniff) AAAHHH, I love that New Thread smell!!!

Cant wait to be "Back in the Bayou":cloud9:

We will be at POR for the first time next Monday. Can't wait to see this beautiful resort. Thanks for all the information Andre.

Need a POR Expert on this one. I got a great pin code for this summer. Trouble is only POR available, not POFQ where I am familiar with.

1. I booked a RIVER View at POR. Any idea what buidling this might be?
2. Are the POR River View buildings refurbed yet?

I read thru the thread quickly and see the different buildings named and am just clueless. I could bore you to tears on all things YC/BC but am a fish out of water over here! :

I could ditch the pin and move over to POFQ under the triple A savings. And have a garden view there for around 85 more for 3 nights.

Iw ould love to try POR if I get an updated room...SOOOO any advice for me would be appreciated. I got in early June...

Aww that is so awesome :goodvibes Thats what I love about Disney, it brings generations together.

Not long for you now :woohoo:

My dad is actually the one who got us all interested in WDW. He kept telling us how great it was, but I wasn't interested back then. One one-day visit to MK sold me forever. :goodvibes

OH! My Andre! Not 24 hrs and 4 pages all ready. Just goes to show when you have a moderator as good to us DISers as you we just keep coming back.:worship:

Yes Andre, many thanks for our new thread and all the hard work you do. We really appreciate it!!! :thumbsup2

Carla

Hooray, a new home ... I can still smell the fresh paint :p

Thanks Andre :goodvibes

Sooooo, lets do a quick roll call of all those about to go/book POR so i can get excited for you :banana:

We arrive at the Port next Wednesday 4/11. :cool1: We'll be celebrating DD's 15th birthday by staying at MK until 3am on 4/15. :scared: ADRs at PTC, CP, Sci Fi, and Tony's.

I booked a standard view and have not made any room requests yet. I'm thinking of sending a fax and asking for a refrubed room.

I dunno if this can be answered here but.....

I've previously stayed at Pop Century and All Star Movies and the bus stops from the park back to the hotel were sooooo far away! Are the bus stop lines for Port Orleans Riverside any closer to the parks main entrance? That was a big draw for a moderate resort for us.....must be closer to the entrance to cut down on a little bit of walking!

It varies. IIRC the POR line is further away at DHS and maybe a tad closer at the other parks. Don't expect any big difference one way or the other

Thanks for the new thread, Andre!

I have a question for anyone who has done this at POR...I'd like to know the preferred way they like to do this....---- can you add gift cards to your KTTW upon check-in? Or do I just need to charge to my room and pay the balance every few days with our GCs?
I'd add gift cards right off bat but maybe start with just a few and than add more as you spend some of ones listed on account. or say put 500.00 on account right away than after that is almost gone add more. I have never had it happen but I can imagine fisco trying to get unused funds refunded back to correct gift card.
AS trip went on DH or I would stop at guest services at hotel and apply more money/gc to KTTW to cover tips, shopping etc.

Mrs06 - On the front page of this thread(fantastic new thread by Andre) you will find the hotel # but it will only get you the call-center. once there ask to be connected to POR and the department you wish. If it is for booking the call center will help. If the call center does not feel right or gives you info that from reading here does not compute than just call back and speak to another CM. Allways feel free to come back here for help.

1. I booked a RIVER View at POR. Any idea what buidling this might be?
2. Are the POR River View buildings refurbed yet?
I got in early June...

If you look at the map in the first post, River View regular rooms are in buildings 14, 27, 38, Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace. Of those, all of them are already refurbished except for 27 - and that one may well be closed for its refit by the time you're there anyway. So your odds are already pretty good for getting a refurbed room, and adding a request as well should make it very unlikely indeed that you'd get one of the few older rooms in 27. So don't panic, and I hope you enjoy POR as much as I do.

Andre

Travel docs arrived. ME stuff is so so screwed up I could cry but life goes on.

Fire14-
I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen to my documents because I added a one night "room only" on to the beginning of our package reservation a couple of days ago. That will mean two separate reservation numbers.
I called Magical Express to give them the new arrival date but I have a feeling it won't go well. My OCD doesn't do well when things aren't correct!!! ;)

Carla

We stayed in a newly refurbished room in the Magnolia Terrace mansion back in late September and absolutely fell in love. It was our familys first time staying at POR and we can't wait to go back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter