Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to share a few of our pics from our recent POR stay, but I can't remember how to post pictures. I did it after our trip 4 years ago, but, well, that was 4 years ago! I think I need to open a flickr account or something, right?

We planning a trip to POR for 7 nights in June. This thread and others have been a huge help in planning! Andre, thanks for all of the great information! DH and our 3 boys have never been there. I haven't been there in 20 years.

We booked a river view room. I have put in any building requests, as I'm still trying to get a feel for that. There will be 5 of us in the room.

This is also somewhat of our 10th annivesary celebration. I'm going to call to ask for advise on things to do. If anyone has any advice, please share!

I've been looking into the grocery delivery services for some food items, but also beer and wine. We can check 5 bags for free when we fly, so one will be full of cereal, snacks, etc. I think I read that the store at the resort does sell beer and wine. Does anyone know the approximate cost? I'm trying to decide if it will be worth it to have grocery delivery, or just purchase there. I know it will be inflated, but so is the grocery service.

DH and I like to have a drink in the evenings.

TIA!!

We booked FD at POR in September. We booked a regular room. Not preferred, not royal, not water or garden or anything else.

My mom and my aunt decided a week later that they would like to join us on the trip. By the time they booked, FD was only available with royal rooms.

Last time we had connecting rooms and it was really nice to have that much space. Obviously that is not an option this time... what is my best bet on requesting rooms to make us conventiently close, even though we will be in different buildings?

If you make sure the bookings are 'linked' in the reservations system, and then ask if they can assign your folks a sideways facing room in Oak Manor, and you a similar location in Magnolia Terrace (both ground floor rooms ideally). It's not too much of a walk between those two buildings, and if you're on the parking lot side then it's very easy indeed.

I would like to share a few of our pics from our recent POR stay, but I can't remember how to post pictures. I did it after our trip 4 years ago, but, well, that was 4 years ago! I think I need to open a flickr account or something, right?

PhotoBucket is used by quite a lot of people and seems to work well (unless you are posting something very popluar, such as brand new room photos, when bandwidth limits can become an issue).

My son has a milk allergy, he can tolerate milk in food but cannot drink it or eat ice-cream.

The park ice-cream carts do several non-milk products - I adore the frozen strawberry bars for example. At the resorts, I know you can get soy milk and I believe some have 'rice ice cream' available too. Always ask for the chef (even at counter service locations) and they will discuss your particular needs and even create special items for you. If you have any ADRs booked, try to let the restaurant know in advance so they can have some options ready for you.

All Ears Net have a very extensive section on special dietatry needs at WDW which might help you plan.

Andre

By the way, I was just thinking about all the Disney TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) that we all use, and it's only now - four years later - that I really wish I'd opted for a .net domain instead of .org for my fledgling Port Orleans website...

Andre

Princess with her idol. I have to tell you this story....BBB appt wasnt until 10am but she had her dress on first thing before we even left the resort. We were in line to meet the storybook princesses when we found out that Cinderella wasnt there. The poor thing was so upset that we had to leave the line. She calmed down for the BBB appt but the lip was still quivering. Her fairy godmother in training found out what happened and told the manager of BBB. The manager went to talk to the manager of Cinderella's Round Table Restaurant & the 2 of them set up a time for princess to meet one on one with Cinderella before the restaurant open up for lunch. It was only for like 30 secs but it totally made her day. They knew we were going to 1900 Park Fare for dinner and they told Cinderella this and she whispered in princess ear "I will see you at dinner" time. Unfortunately I didnt have my camera on me ....silly me left it at the resort. I wrote a letter to Disney about the experience and thanking everyone!
427824_10150903471923378_589038377_12887887_1543955640_n.jpg

So nice! She started the trip sick in bed and then was on top of the world! See, all you have to do is inform Disney and they will do all they can to make your wish come true!!!!!!!!!!!

My! What a beautiful young lady!

RGR photos from 2 weeks ago.
Checking in
087-2.jpg

Picture of main building from in front of Oak Manor
028-1.jpg

Arrive at our room and surprise our girls:)
101-1.jpg

Oldest flying on the Magic Carpet from Aladdin
104-1.jpg

Letter from Princess Tiana
128-1.jpg

Coat hooks by door
113-1.jpg

Ariel Shower Curtain with Dinglehoppers on it
110-1.jpg

Lil one washing up using Genie's Golden Magic Lamp faucet
136-1.jpg

First look at the bed fireworks display
105-1.jpg

Beds with the overhead lights on and wall with the Princess photos
042-1.jpg

Time to take a Royal sleep:)
297-1.jpg

Been so long since I was on this thread... so much to catch up on. Looking forward to our July trip in the Royal rooms... I have to close my eyes every time I scroll down to a pic of one. I really want to wait and see them for the first time at disney (aside from the disney pics posted i'd seen before). I am also currently praying they open up royal rooms for the summer discount however I highly doubt they will. I'm sure they are all booked up already for my trip.

Pictures of the new Dumbo and Goofy ride and new Train station

Dumbo at night
250-1.jpg

253-1.jpg

Goofy's The Barnstormer. The ride is exactly the same, but it now has a circus theme.
228-1.jpg

Train Station
230-1.jpg

Hi Everyone!
Can someone please tell me if there is room in a RGR to squoosh a twin size air mattress? We are a family of 5 (the little one will not yet be three which is why we 'qualify' to stay in that room, but she does not sleep in a crib/pack n play). We would really rather stay in a princess room....even if we are packed in!!
Thanks for any advice!!

I just wanted to share one of my favorite POR pictures from our trip last week. This was what we saw when we walked out our door.

IMG_0136-1.jpg

We were in an Oak Manor RGR. I have a lot of other pictures of the room, but they are very similar to what the previous poster just shared. If there is anything else you might like to see, just ask and I'll see if I have a picture!

I have a question to all our POR friends that are either at WDW now or just returned. My son has a milk allergy, he can tolerate milk in food but cannot drink it or eat ice-cream. I was wondering what other ice cream options are there in the ice cream carts in the parks. Our daughter will def choose Mickey shaped ice cream on a stick, but what can I give to the little man? he is not 2 yet and doesn't have a clue that shurbert isn't ice-cream.
I believe they have frozen strawberry fruit bars ( I really like) some have pineapple ones. I've seen frozen bananas covered in chocolate and I believe nuts. If you go to ice cream place ( aloha isle, Sunshine terrence) I believe they use something else that isn't ice cream and I'm sure Plaza and fountainview have a serbert option. Edys is major ice cream provider in WDW so that may give you more guidence in things he can have. I leave May 3rd if you need me to check things more closely for you.

Great story and picture, HunMcBunny. Great pictures of the room, Buzznina.
Thanks for posting them.

thank you to all with the great ideas for the frozen snack ideas. At home it is no big deal at all. We have tried a few times to re-introduce ice cream/yogurt into his diet but all it does is give him one bad belly ache all night long. I know that we will find something for him as a good choice. I was hoping they added an option that looked like the popular mickey shaped ice cream on the stick since our last stay.
thanks again everyone!!!

I have a question to all our POR friends that are either at WDW now or just returned. My son has a milk allergy, he can tolerate milk in food but cannot drink it or eat ice-cream. I was wondering what other ice cream options are there in the ice cream carts in the parks. Our daughter will def choose Mickey shaped ice cream on a stick, but what can I give to the little man? he is not 2 yet and doesn't have a clue that shurbert isn't ice-cream.

My son also has milk allergy and he was able to get fruit bars, I think the dole whips are dairy free too! Just ask the person at the place you are getting snacks, they should know. Disney is AMAZING dealing with allergy!

My DH is thinking of bringing his golf clubs and getting in a round of golf at Oak Trail while we are on vacation. The Disney website says that free taxi vouchers to the course are given out at select Disney resorts. Does anyone know if POR is one of the "select" resorts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter